Arifureta

Why was it so bad?

Attached: Arifureta.png (1920x1080, 771K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mangadex.org/title/14787/rengoku-no-karma
global.bookwalker.jp/ex/feature/arifure-bestwaifu-bw/
twitter.com/sa10tatsu/status/1148519918423461888
myanimelist.net/people/2067/Kinji_Yoshimoto
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-07-10/arifureta-author-may-have-prompted-anime-staff-change/.148858
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't know, man

isekaishit

when do we get battle harems again

it's not an isekai though

LN is much better

It's as good as the anime is bad

You want another Mahou Sensou?

I can put up with isekai shit as long as haremfags are eternally btfo

>horrible pacing
>cut key scenes without explanation
>mediocre animation
what else you need

Wut

Mediocre is awful generous of you.

Because it left out a lot of details that EOPs and secondaries will never understand. See

Why did author allowed it with staff like that?
Did he never bothered to watch mirai nikki and big order?

too busy writing the afterstory

In the anime they seem to have changed it to natives.

This anime is going to adapt all of available source material just like those two.

>summoning ritual in the classroom
>natives
What?

Why 8bit had to do slimeball instead and we get asread? Its not fair.

The only class scenes in the first episode are in the new world.

>Went in drawn by the premise of edgy dude going full chuuni and killing shit with guns
>Got 20 minutes of edgy dude going full chuuni and killing shit with guns
Pretty satisfying to me.

op doesn't count?

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (1280x720, 209K)

Oh, I only listened to the OP.
So they're gonna introduce it properly later then?

Anime staff hate it for make them work twice.

haha retard

Was it sabotage?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
THIS SERIES DESERVES TO BE TRASHED FOR WHAT IT DID TO MY BOY KOUKI

KOUKICHADS IT IS NOW OUR TIME
HAJIFAGS GET KEKED

Attached: Based Kouki.png (1304x1854, 1.32M)

I just read the synopsis for this shit and damn the anime industry is fucking trash

each season is just the same anime from the last season with minor differences

no wonder I haven't really watched anime in years

LNfags does he only fuck Yue or he fucks other girls like bunny as well?

Yes, anime staff were all Chad bullies and are giving the LN readies metaphorical swirlies

And you had to walk into exactly this thread, out of every other thread, to announce it?
Dumb comfynigger exhausted every possible way to shitpost it seems.

Supposedly they're doing the first 4 volumes of the LN.

damn

He only accepts bunny in latter half. Harem happens only in epilogue as a fanservice side note.

I literally just felt like looking up what anime is airing right now, read the synopsis for this, decided to go to Yea Forums, which I never normally visit, then I saw a thread for this and decided to post

According to After Story he get 6 children eventually he will get one more child

They skipped far too much of the first part of the first LN.

Attached: agreedo.jpg (970x189, 59K)

And I thought Naofumi was edgy.

Attached: 1562610198086.png (801x419, 74K)

Attached: arifureta.jpg (765x99, 32K)

who can Millepensee (CLANG studio) deliver something decent after the berserk dissaster while we get utter crap?

Attached: dd9knti-08b32115-9e1b-4a74-81e1-fa249897d6ba.png (512x512, 373K)

Author just came out and praise the anime adaptation. Even went as far as to attack the haters.

>Author just came out and praise the anime adaptation
that damage control...

Asread is more skilled at ruining anime adaptations

>that delicious loli tights

Attached: lightning cock.jpg (388x372, 64K)

Holy shit it's so bad that I have nothing else to say anymore.

I am kind of impressed that they pulled it off ... seriously this episode seems like some sort of rebellious act towards the isekai genre.
Can someone please post that scene where he shots the bear-mnoster?

Why are secondaries so stupid?

Because this is the worst adaptation ever made in history!

Horrible direction and animation
Not even sure if you can call that animation horrible as I doubt it's even animation at all when at this level

>Why are secondaries so stupid?
You are talking about people who are satisfied with butchered and advertisement infested corpses.

Hero dude manga design looks better than anime
Probably thanks to the shonen lead haircut

Low budget

>no moni fo animation
>no moni fo decent voice acting
>no moni fo gut scenario
>no moni fo anything

Sauce or didn't happen.

If it's damage control why didn't he do it with the anime as it was before the delay?. I'm not defending the show, mind you.
Just saying it's weird the author was allowed to be honest about his dislike of the anime to the point that it was delayed, but that he wouldn't be allowed to be honest now

Hajime's the fun kind of edgy. Naofumi's the boring kind.

After one episode I'm convinced this anime is not worth watching but I want to know which direction the series is going to go in.
So, is it worth reading the manga to find out?

I laughed when I saw FuRyu in the credits too.
FYI to non-buyfags, FuRyu makes a lot of cheap ugly prize figures but not all of their shit is bad at least.

Gotta feel bad for the LN author/artist who just got their series butchered.

LN>>Manga>>>this dogshit.
Manga butchers a lot and looks bad at the beginning. But its still acceptable unlike this.

Fall, with Assassin's Flatties.

Yeah, I thought the manga adaptation for Arifureta was a chopped up piece of garbage with no redeeming features besides the art but the anime is making it look top quality.

Attached: flattle harem.jpg (1500x1057, 589K)

what the fuck did i just watch

It was alright, they should've spent more time on the things that happened before he fell to make the revenge part even sweeter but I guess they're rushing the story towards the vampire loli.

They could have gone with the studio that did the Maou Diablo anime. They did pretty well with also subpar source material. Instead we get
>Asread

Diablo guy is a seasoned shitwriter and probably already with connections.

holy shit, its the kids fault they were all summoned there
why didnt they include this in the first episode?
fuck shield hero, this one deserves all the hate he gets

They cut out a lot of stuff, not like the light novel is great but it's kind of a fun read, I'll probably keep watching the anime just for these 3, mainly for Shia though.

Attached: Arifureta.jpg (850x425, 158K)

If the ruin Yue with QUALITY its Game Over.

>studio that did the Maou Diablo anime
They're busy with book loli.

Murasaki is also published by Kodansha, which is literally a hundred times the size of Overlap.

I dropped the novel after he escapes the dungeon and runs into the retarded bunny's tribe. Did the novel ever get better?

Agree, I don't want to see Yue or Shia ruined by QUALITY but I'm not hopeful enough to think we'll be able see them being well animated.
In my opinion? Not really but it's still entertaining enough so I'm still reading it.

It gets worse with still some amusing moments. The worse part is that it becomes harem.

It was delyaed three times in a row and all we got for it was CG animation so shit it makes Berserk look like a pixar film.

They managed to do something much worse than Index III and even DaL III. Hard to believe it was even possible
If the author is truly defending this, I think the man is in denial because it's sad this is the best that can happen even after he managed to get it a delay and new staff
I AM afraid to imagine what kind of disaster it was before the delay

What's the problem? The adaptation is adequate for its source material

Fuck off comfynigger.

Terrible adaptation of offensively bad LN.

Shit adaptation of shit source material

Have you considered that he probably just have shit taste?

I don't follow the manga but i feel like they cut a lot of fucking stuff,
Starting in media res and the info dump was very poor, i have a really hard time grasping why the hell the MC should have a hate boner for EVERYONE while it was just one guy who wanted him dead.
Just how much did they cut ?

cause he doesn't knw who did it, and they all treated him like shit before

They were all fairly nice except for one guy.

The opening was 99% standing images with barely animated background.
The WOKE director decided to do an in medias res leaving out the beginning (side character introduction, world building etc.)
They are already done with a third of volume one (400 pages long btw) and they achived this by cutting out half of the content. (maybe later added but i don't hope for it based on the title of episode 2)
And the cutting/pacing was so bad even some anime-only viewers are raising eyebrows.

I had my expectations low because of noname studio and low budget, but this pacing and director decisions just killed it.

The only thing that can save it is if they double down on waifus and fanservice and tease the BD with lots of extra stuff...

The nips seems to enjoy it somewhat tho...

well because that's just it, guy gets lost in cave but it get edgy then levels up. it was the same in the manga too
>we need amazing adaptation direction of guy in a cave

>The nips seems to enjoy it somewhat
The elevens were shitting on it pretty badly yesterday. This is one of the rare shows where the hate is almost universal.

>The only thing that can save it is if they double down on waifus and fanservice and tease the BD with lots of extra stuff
I had hoped the Death March adaptation would have at least included sufficient fanservice and that didn't happen. I have no hope that this will do it right either.

Attached: 222_20190709161321e53.jpg (552x886, 135K)

Attached: 1_20190709161320d40.jpg (576x2088, 379K)

no thanks, I'd take a isekai any day of the week.

Machine translation
>Anime Announcement "common" 07 May 06, 2019 (Saturday) 8:35 become you people of the Hello, everyone. It is a white rice good lover. As the title says, it is an announcement of the anime broadcasting start. 20 Jan. 3 broadcast started !! The day after tomorrow is 8 days. Mi-AT-X 23:30 ~, so it is the earliest. Other details about animation are on the official site, so please check it out. White rice is already exciting. I am glad above all. All this, thanks to everyone who has been involved in "common" so far. thank you very much! Please enjoy watching the animated version "common", please by all means !! P s You can watch the PV just before broadcasting on the official site and YouTube. Please check out this cool one too! is!

He doesn't attack anyone there, it's just a normal announcement for the anime.
He didn't post anything after that on his blog, maybe he already killed himself.

Mirai Nikki had that one sex scene, so maybe there is a chance.

I liked it and besides obviously catering to LNfags since it hardly explained shit I didn't see an issue.
Animation was hardly as bad as people are saying, and the CG was shit but still better than more popular shows like Overlord

At least one good sex scene would at least provide something worthwhile in this adaptation. I don't know why the manga cut it and never even had nipples. What else do they think people expect in something like this other than wish fulfillment? Power alone isn't enough.

The source material is shit

It wasn't catering, it was spitting in the face.

The CG was only slightly worse, but still bad, especially given the source material.

Damn, I know the guy already got money from this but it must feel terrible. As a fellow vampire loli enthusiast I can't even laugh at this disgrace.

Attached: fd41d8ee8e10f83c9889aa03c8aaa1a3.jpg (2000x1200, 1.28M)

I understand this series is dark, but did they needed to make it literally so dark that you couldn't even see

Death March was so shit. I couldn't get past episode 1 with the MC repeating again and again that he didn't like lolis. Even Smartphone was better.

it definitely seems off, I could hardly tell what was going on. If this was my first isekai I would be fucking lost

Catering wouldn't mean rushing through content. The only reason to do that is try to attract more people to read the LN.

That trait of the MC is terrible even in the original, but they could at least have had better nudity in the anime, and maybe show more of Arisa trying to use his body before he stops her.

Any translation for this one? I suppose the damage control is here.

I thought this was a revenge story, but revenge for what, exactly? The anime made it look like an accident: one of those projectiles hit another in midair and landed on him. Even if it was intentional, everyone else was trying to save him. The beginning of Tate no Yuusha was really effective in selling the protagonist's outrage; this one just leaves me confused.

The anime cut it, but he resents his classmates because they bullied him

This is what the shitty adaptation gives the impression of, but in the LN even the nice guy shown in the anime seems to have some kind of hatred for him because of the pretty class girl always being nice to him. It's also because of this reason that everyone in his class actually hate him.

Moon rune reader here, gonna clarify some statements

I will go out and say the adaptation is pretty shit so far, even the japs are complaining about it as evidenced here In which image btw there's not a single comment from the author, just regular japs complaining about the shitty adaptation its getting so far

Is also just author being really happy about the anime finally airing and yes, I also feel sorry for him because of how shitty it turned out, at least from ep 1

They made such a poor call to make it the way it is without all the actual information and world building prior to what happens to Hajime

So, how long does MC stays as edgylord before the obligatory "you can't just kill, that's wrong and not like you" and end as white knight bitch?

Looks like they are fans complaining about the anime, but i don't see any answers from the author.
for example
>Since the work of animation was so much honest,
from now on I will concentrate on the originals and books!

>Seeing the impressions here, I felt relieved not just myself that I felt disappointed with the whole anime story. If you are not reading the originals, I think that I was so confused that I could not understand at all what kind of story it was. I personally thought that it would have been nice to have fallen with Behemoth with at least the unfortunate situation before summoning and the ineffective treatment after summoning.

>The impression of the anime was the original, and it was a flimsy impression for those who read comics. The person who does not read is likely to be left behind without knowing the contents well. It is disappointing that the crimson of Hajime, which was acclaimed to be beautiful in the original, can only be seen in purple

Attached: 1481648425468.png (344x506, 124K)

I'm a pretty basic bitch when it comes to isekai anime. I can enjoy most of them for the trashy shit they are for the most part but man is this shit.

The 3D is the worst I've seen in a while and them not taking steps to show any passage of time really ruins the basic setup and payoff of MC gets wronged -> becomes a badass

I dropped the manga as soon as that faggot started talking about how a hot milf wasn't his type either.

Where is her isekai spin off?

>being actually dissapointed in adaptation of shit-tier isekai
What the hell is wrong with you? Since when Arifureta is serious business?

Attached: Didlith.jpg (1133x1670, 261K)

This type of show has a basic, well-worn template and they still managed to completely fuck it up somehow.

Put yourself in place of director. You are an artist, you were trained to love beautiful things and draw and to have at least a modicum of taste. And then the Company says you have to animate Arifureta.
How do you cope? How do you persevere? How do you earn your pay without losing your already severely wounded soul?

>I thought this was a revenge story
What made you think that?
Like every arifureta thread same fucking retard talks about "revenge story" and get couple of (you) that he is wrong from people who actually read it. Its painfully pointless and retarded bait.
Or are you actually that guy? Why are you even doing it?

>read some real literate: the post

>it was better than literal shit
Wow, what an accomplishment.

ch 32 :^)

Attached: w21.png (1304x1854, 722K)

I think I saw it in a Tate no Yuusha thread. I've never read a thread about this, so I don't care what goes on in them. Stop making assumptions.

Put all my effort and focus into animating pic related the best I can of course. Arifureta might be garbage but at least has something of value. Also, the director is the same nigger that managed to fuck up The Seven Deadly Sins so fuck him regardless.

Attached: 911db622c40d9233354ca420815465a0.jpg (969x1402, 140K)

You need an audience before you can get away with such low quality as Overlord S3 or OPM S2.

Is that the dragon that got a huge as fuck railgun projectile rammed up its ass?

Okay, after following this thread I finally watched the first episode, it was shit indeed.
But it entertained me, I won't miss this trainwreck.

And the worst thing about this first episode was how rushed things were, for example, apart from that asshole classmate, it didn't even feel like he was bullied that much.

The CGI and the "MacGyver" moment was comedy gold.

Yes and it turned her into a Darkness tier masochist.

That's one of the main problems. The anime made it seem as if only one guy hated him, when in reality most of his class did because of how the "pretty girl" liked him.

> in reality most of his class did because of how the "pretty girl" liked him.
Where are you even getting that misinformation?
There were 1 bully, and his 3 cronies. Rest were just passive aggressive or didn't give a single fuck.
And it wasn't even bullying by Japanese standards.

>Where are you even getting that misinformation?
From the LN, EOP.

The pacing was just totally chaotic. No introduction to the setting or characters. Back and forth from one point in time to another, then another, then another.

I think it has the potential to get good from here on out but the first half of that episode was so badly executed.

Also, the animation seems pretty low budget. Surprised to see something like this from White Fox. I'm reminded of Kenja no Mago last season where I had to double-check if I was really watching a Silver Link show or if I had picked up something from Studio DEEN by accident.

I read it who are you trying to fool?

Well, in one still image they are stepping on him, that seems like bullying by any standards.
I haven't read the novel or the manga, but some anons in this thread who apparently, follow the novels, said so.

But the thing is, they could've just started from the beginning and after a brief presentation of the protag and "important" classmates, isekai their asses and end the episode when he falls to the lower floor. Maybe is it too generic?

>that seems like bullying by any standards.
this mangadex.org/title/14787/rengoku-no-karma is bullying by japanese standards

>MC gets OP powers
>gets a harem with no effort
>he tells most of the girls other than Yue to fuck off but they keep throwing themselves at him anyway
>everyone else other than the MC and his harem are weak and useless
>every battle is easily solved by the MC flexing his muscles with zero danger involved

ehy sounds like OPM

ehy at least he lost both and arm and an eye to be op!

I think a good question is, why is the OP song so good, but the animation in it so bad?

>Does splitscreen zoom in on vamp loli and MC kun but it zooms in on his eyepatch for some fucking reason?
>Out of place bunny girl ass zoom in card thing, only time it happens in the OP
>Stillshot slideshow of the classroom and school that just looks terrible
Like wow m8 who storyboarded this shit

Except that Saitama gets less screen time than the other characters and he has no harem (Fubuki only cares about him because hes strong). And plenty of other characters are shown to be strong.

absolutely not, but there's a few cool moments like when he returns to his classmates and solos a monster that was about to wipe them out

I was kinda expecting some stuff like that. When does that happen aproximately? Manga/LN

You just described OPM faggot

I think it's at the end of volume 4, but dont quote me on that.

nvm it's volume 3

Have you seen this director’s portfolio? Whatever pride he might have once had in his artistic sensibilities is long gone. He directed fucking Seven Sins (the softcore porn one) for fuck’s sake.

So if the whole production got delayed because it was bad, how the fuck could it had been worse than this

>with no effort
you try getting stuck in a cave. and saitama did 100 push-ups without air conditioner!

seven sins was a pretty good and artful softcore hentai, if it's the same person they have truly fallen

Overlord S3 happened, why would they try now?

Attached: 1543216927337.jpg (1358x615, 56K)

I thought the cgi was very gross.
Even more so than other shows

I think this is the first time I've ever seen someone who like Kouki. Is the anime causing this much grief among the fans that they're even pissed that the one character intended to be the most annoying fuck is getting a defense force?

>every battle is easily solved by the MC flexing his muscles with zero danger involved
That's not true in the slightest. Many of the best action scenes in the novels are when Hajime barely threads the needle against a stronger enemy.

CGI is acceptable only when it's YGO

I have pre-after Kouki goddamn much, but holy shit he look horrendous in the anime, they even added a gay hero tiara for who knows why.

Is it just me or Kouki looks like World Break's MC

I REMEMBER

his va was too hard to listen to for my ears

WE ARE THE SAVIORS

this is really huge let down the then LN was a really fun read watching mc not give a fuck and tell other girls in his harem to fuck off for the longest time was great fights were great

time enjoy the ride and hope they don't go full anime original on this

authors doesn't get that much money from the anime adaptatons.

Reminder that Yue-sama milked him almost daily.
And even after Hajime accepted his harem Yue-sama remains as his most special

Watched this recently
I thought this was one of the most anticipated shows this season. What the fuck happened?

>I thought this was one of the most anticipated shows this season.
By whom

loads of people, the ln sold really well

He goes from beta nip to badass too fast. Also what's the point of stats if you can kill high level monsters at level 2 with absolute garbage stats with a stick and a rock? It was the first drop of the season for me, way too chuuni

They get a bunch from merch sales though

I think there was some explanation to do with the water keeping him alive long enough or some chuuni thing but I don't remember well, maybe the anime went over it

stats mean nothing
skills however...

We never got enough of that in the original, and certainly not enough in the manga. I expect the anime to be missing it too.

if he doesnt fuck the loli vampire I will immediately fly to japan and jump off the roof of White Fox studio building

anime skiped so much from LN, basicly eating the demon should have killed him but the holy water kept healing him instantly so that happened thousands of times and thats what gives him the power boost

really sucks in the novel he was in the hole for like 2 days before hunger made him go outside to eat and have the mindbreak happen also took him loads of tries to make a gun instead of instantly

I expect at most it will be slightly implied. If they surprise us with a sex scene at least a minute long then maybe it's not completely terrible for an adaptation.

Have any of you spotted endo in the chapter yet? I only found abyssgate in the opening

Attached: endo.png (110x222, 30K)

>Asread is shit
>White Fox is shit
>Arifureta is shit

I just want dragon anal reaming. If this is gonna be max shit, I want to see it butchered.

Attached: V-tech just kicked in yo.gif (480x270, 1.83M)

Assassin's pride is gearing up to be fantastic, anime when?

They did have fragments strewn in his cave lair, but yeah the time passage shown was shit.

Mirai Nikki was good though.

it isn't "like" opm at all
opm setting lowkey makes fun of over the top harem shonen trash like arifureta

>vol 1 edge fags are retarded
Good that it skipped, changed and rushed things.
Even the author knows that the beginning was garbage and acknowledges it as a mistake.
The anime design is clearly for the day and not the dark dungeon hence it looks off.
OPM became what it made fun of, it’s just another battle shounen shit now.

>Author just came out and praise the anime adaptation. Even went as far as to attack the haters.
Normal bussiness practice, you don't shit on your studio ever.

He likely suggested the changes, he doesn’t want the edge from the start to be the main focus.

Whats the appeal of LN? It is well know that the writing for these stories can get really bad. Wheres the fun without pictures then. Its just bad writing now

>stats mean nothing
Then why put them?

hunger would make you weaker and sleepy, not mind break and turn you edgy enough to hunt down a monster several tiers above you with a stick

fact is arifureta is bretty gud and yue is top tier.
even shia is good, but i have a small thing for bunny girls that are sledge hammer melees using reinforcement magic and SLAM attacks. reminds me of a character from star ocean. but anyway. that YUE THO

Attached: yue.jpg (425x600, 60K)

the holy water fixed all of that he was just starving from days sitting in the hole waiting for help

anime sucks for showing time

>russian translation only
Yeah i pass

This was some of the WORST pacing of all time. episode one could have ended with him falling, then 2 could start from there, perfect. The orcus dungeon was the only good part of the ln anyways.

It's times like these I'm glad my world doesn't need shitters from another world. Your Gods must be really shit.

Attached: 9784040687865.jpg (809x1150, 638K)

>watch the anime
>it's shit
>read the manga
>actually good also with great art
>he escaped the dungeon
>met the rabbit girl
>the manga went to total shit
ah... of course. I should've expected this.
slime, shield hero, and now this. all of them turned into shit once they gained companions and increased the number of active characters in the party.
LN "writers" are incompetent fucks.

Attached: 1522874060908.png (722x720, 554K)

BD vol 2 will have Yue no Nikkichou episode and BD vol 3 will have Naresome Onsen episode.

Because they’re (very faithfully I might add) adapting the horrendous LN designs people have made fun of a for a long time.

Attached: F9F3852E-4C0B-4E4A-B76F-3F65C182D94F.jpg (1987x1400, 482K)

I mean the original LN.

>the manga went to total shit
that is my experience too
when you are overpowered and your plan, from ep1, is "kill all enemies" this is what happens
it feels like there is no story at all

Attached: 1522875060301.png (1189x1154, 1.16M)

But that is better than shield incel

They really shouldn't have changed staff. As bad as the original character design looked, a year and a half is not nearly enough to make up from having to throw out all their work and start again with a reduced budget and a rushed schedule.

Attached: 103619261960.gif (282x300, 303K)

Because shitty source material gets shitty adaptation

Considering the director's previous work, I', expecting to see Yue's nipples in the BD's.
I'll reserve my right to shit on this anime until then.

It was rushed, all they needed to do was properly tell the background and end episode 1 at the bridge fight.

Having watched the first episode I don't see any reason to keep watching this since its shit in every sense, but I'll drop by the threads to save pics of the vampire loli

The only LN design I don't like is Hajime's

I'm so happy that they made this!
Thank you Asread! Thank you White Fox!

Now, mah beloved Overlord II & Overlord III aren't at the bottom of the barrel anymore!

>This rock is hard, this one is hot.
>I made a gun.

That shit was gold, but at the same time it feels like a waste, a proper explanation of his abilities and maybe if he made a shitty prototype instead of a perfectly crafted "railgun" with an edgy German name and bullets would have been at least believable.

>Why did author allowed
>Did he never bothered
Learn English you dumb fuck.

It's not like the source material is anything remotely good.

Attached: fbpTf7R (1).png (1248x1294, 261K)

Forgot to say that greens are guesses

Shizuku’s is also a trainwreck, at least outfit wise. I wouldn’t even mind the Kanzaki knockoff design if the author didn’t go out of his way to describe her outfit as practical and sensible only for the artist to go and put her in a crop top and heels.

Pic related.

Attached: EF0EB2BD-7101-4E9A-911C-2E7EC80D9DD3.jpg (480x854, 89K)

CRAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWLIIIIIINNNN IN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

>its another game ui isekai
Dropped it as soon as they showed his stats rising.
How can you fags even stomach watching so much of this shit

Because the MC is edgy and guns ofc
I can't stomach slimefaggot,shield faggot, and smartphonefaggot.

Kill yourself esl.

Does Neunte and Erst join the harem?

Kaori gets Noint body so in a sense yes.

So these are the most prominent.
>Superior japanese culture
Yeah, everybody in the world just boils food, bathes in the riven and can't get their heads around what inventions that were widely used before the middle ages like advanced watering systems.
>Monster evolution makes no sense
>highschooler=master engineer
Oh, yeah tell me again how easy is to make gunpowder.
>Game mechanics
What I really love is using numbers to represent attributes while giving no point of comparision or ignoring then with "willpower".
>Skill listing lasting several characters
I don't get why do bother to copy and paste these long ass lists that nobody reads
>male comedic relief
>religions is full of asshole
because a religion with fundamentally good people in it with a few bad apples is too boring, we need to make them mafias with uniforms.
>90% girls
>cute pet
>nekomimi are beastmen
>the most useless skill is actually op
>base 10 gold to yen conversions
is great when they go out of their way that because this and that is not practical to compare the money of different worlds with different cultures, economies and technological prowess but they do it anyway like knowing that doing so is not going to help.
>slavery
boring fetish

I am rambling about isekais in general, to be clear

Unironically, it's because they were forced to throw out all the work they had done and start over because the author went into convulsions after looking at the key visual. Only this time they had a smaller budget because they couldn't reclaim what they already spent, they had an accelerated schedule because they had to find new staff and start over, and one year wasn't enough. I'm surprised it wasn't a Marchen Madchen-tier disaster.

Both Neunte and Erst's souls were reincarnated and possessed two of Hajime's spider golems

otaku don't deserve this kino

Considering what the did to his loli vamp in said key visual I would have sperged out even harder. It was doomed from the beginning.

Wait what the fuck why would they skip the absolutely baller intro segment for the series.

Like I was certain they'd spend like four or so episodes doing this first arc atleast considering how much better it is than the rest of the entire series what the fuck.

Like I have almost no excitement left for the series since they've already thrown MC into the pit.

I expected him to fall at the end of episode 3 at the very least.
Honestly i would be fine with 12 episodes of dungeon and ending of first season him and Yue riding together in grand canyon.

Attached: arguecat.jpg (600x485, 51K)

Relax, episode two will be real first episode.
This one was just marketing. Shitty marketing at that.

Who are you voting for new story?
global.bookwalker.jp/ex/feature/arifure-bestwaifu-bw/

Attached: main (1).jpg (1000x316, 381K)

Is the for the afterstory?

Technically yeah.
As written on announcement:

A bonus short story and bonus illustration focusing on the two #1 winners (one from the Japan Store and one from the Global store) will be included as a bonus item in an upcoming volume of the Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Light Novel series.

In the case that the same character ranks #1 for both stores, only one character will be the focus of the short story & illustration.

Tio is really cute and has the best afterstory.

Attached: chorogon.png (329x649, 269K)

How do I vote for Roze?

Attached: IMG_20190710_154047.jpg (1076x599, 86K)

Who is in charge of the storyboarding?

>Evil god/demon king
This has both but ironically MC is the demon king.

Looks like it's for girls that will appear in the anime only, which isn't surprising.

It's for the next main story LN.

>Who is in charge of the storyboarding?
myanimelist.net/people/2067/Kinji_Yoshimoto

So did Asread ONLY do the first epidose? Because I'm still hoping that it's not as big of a shit show going forward.

Someone explain to me, how did Asread become involve in this anime in the first place?

How does Asread continue to survive in the animation industry? By being cheaper to hire?

When they released the original key visuals a year ago they looked so shit that the fans rioted and they delayed the anime by a year. Turns out they didn't just delay and build off the base they had, they scrapped everything, fired the original director and somehow hired on Asread and this shithead director to redo it all from the ground up in a year on a shoestring budget.

Mahou sensou was really the biggest shit i ever watched holy

Call me when Kaori obtains her hot body

They're adapting 4 volumes in 11 episodes + 2 6min extras. You won't even see Kaori except for the scene where she trains against the wolves again.

>4 volumes
damn it ends in Hajime's return to Heiligh

The designs of the animals were so damn simple, yet they needed to 3D them for some reason. Shit makes no sense.

Which chapter is the sex scene(s) in the ln? I read the manga until he and the loli tagteamed a giant creature in the dungeon.
eamed a giant creature.

There is no actual sex scene. Just the mention of a month long honeymoon with lots of sex after they beat the hydra in volume 1 of the LN.

It's not even in the manga at all because the manga is like an abridged version of the novel. And the anime is somehow an abridged version of the abridged version.

it's not like the source material was that good anyway.
I would've been surprised if the anime adaptation was good - regardless of the studio making it.

sex is the only thing that can save this anime. Either that or changing the director

ln volumes or manga volumes?

Fuck off comfynigger. We know its all you.

LN volumes apparently.

>1 (You)
you just can't accept the truth. Not only it's isekai, but it's also an mediocre isekai which means that overall it's a big fuming piece of shit.

not that Shield Hero is any better either. In any case, it's much more boring to read.

>I think it has the potential to get good from here on
Oh boy are you wrong. The cave was the only remotely decent part of the source material. The rest is simply horribad unless you like cringe.

Read the manga for this a few months ago and thought it was fairly alright until he got out of the first dungeon. Sucks that they are rushing through the beginning. At least despite the shitty adaptation, the OST is kino.

JUDGEMENT

>muh shield hero
if shield hero was this bad no one would have cared about it
it just would have been swallowed by the void, like this one is

>it just would have been swallowed by the void
You sure can't swallow it and constantly posting your butthurt.

The anime was doomed. When the author bitched about the original show as White Fox was doing it, they had to scrap all that they had and in little time and with little budget (Because budget was already spent on WF's cancelled version), the new staff had to reset from scratch.
So, it didn't have enough money or time and the staff they got was bottom-tier (probably because few people were willing to take on the job of completely restarting the project with little budget and time), so the result is this
The author isn't complaining now, but it's probably nip politeness or something like that or the production comittee got him to not complain so there aren't more issues.

In any case that first version looked like utter shit. I don't remember WF doing something that bad before.

Based White Fox purposely killing this shit.

Yeah, if one thing, character models and designs look nice.
Animation and cgi can be improved if there is any hope for sequel, while characters looking deferent would be too glaring.

The only thing we saw of the first version was a single key visual with a bad angle that made the faces look wonky. It's possible that if they had gone ahead with that, it would have looked more or less fine overall. At least, better than this rushed hackjob.

I would have been Maou Retry tier.

Can't wait to see the CGI Hydra

>Isekai Cheat Magician in about a half hour from now
I wonder if the episode will be better than this.

I would be an accomplishment to be any worse than this so it will probably be fine.

Make a thread, it airs in 15 mins

I wish I screen capped that one user who not long ago looked forward to this anime and expected it to be an excellent LN (not like manga!) adaptation.

I think it was bad for the same reason that the first episode of Fairy Gone was bad. The direction was all over the place: starting in medias res and then clumsily cutting in flashbacks was a terrible idea, and they threw in that scene with the loli right at the beginning because they realised that she wouldn't be in the first episode and they felt they needed some kind of foreshadowing or hook for the viewers.

Still better than Arifureta anime

If they wanted Yue that fast then they should have started in the part MC finds her. Then he could have told her what happened before in a flashback.

It was bad but I don't expect it to be worse than Death March.

Even disregarding everything related to plot, character and design, the animation was almost inexistent, there was more time showing inanimate objects and screens than showing the character, the CG were like 15 years old and the action was reduced to RPG maker attack effects.

I don't remember seen something as bad as this when it comes to production since bloodivores. I'd say this was even worse.

And that without even starting talking about the other aspects like music and sound direction. This could qualify as worst first episode of the decade easily.

Yue auto win

That would have required a bit more boldness and imagination on the part of the director.

ep 2 of Retry in 5 mins

Is she a Loli?

Literally no nipples last episode and shota clothes in the opening. I am having my doubts.

>White Fox has done literally no work on the anime, just "support"
No fucking wonder it's so shit compared to their previous work, because it isn't their work

Males are more likely to have nipples shown than females, though
Just look at that Nobu show this season. Barbie doll anatomy is frequent with anime girls. Unless you want to tell me all the chicks in CA are dudes, actually

True but normally they throw some light censorship or the likes in these cases. Actual frontal barbie doll anatomy is something I haven't seen in a while unless its a joke like No Game No Life.

subs out for ep 2 of Retry

It's gonna be like franxxxx
White fox works on some episodes and asread works on the rest. Kinda sucks considering TUEEE's animation looked awesome.

Is there ever a case where a group gets isekai'd and all of them are competent and get an OP skill, not just the MC? They don't even need to stick together or anything, I'm just tired of the "everyone is retarded except MC and his harem".

They are all op and competent here though. Every classmate is stronger than average knight, they only lack experience, but they all training and fighting through dungeon.

Kek, you might need to go back all the way to Rayearth. On the newer ones, Dendro if it can be considered an isekai.

Again. Cross Ange. There's a reason I used that example. Straight outta BDs, too.

Dendro isn't an isekai but it's pretty fucking good. I'm scared that it'll be a rushed as fuck cg-filled shitfest like this show though, especially given how elaborate and detailed the fight scenes/monsters can get.

This show's problem was not having enough time to properly even discuss what's a bad or a good adaptation idea, let alone meet deadlines. Also, literally budget because of what was spent on WF's 1st attempt that was completely discarded

>Cross Ange
That explains it. I didn't watch that after the travesty that were the BDs. Also forget what I said about Aku, she is pretty clearly a delicious loli in the new episode.

Bad execution, the manga did it right, it laid the fundamentals of his betrayal and his despair and most importantly his hatred, basically to not look like tate no yuusha they fucked up the first ep, which should had been a 40min ep like they did with RE:Zero.
this isn't the best isekai, but since its not mediocre as well, they could had done it better.

retry really surprised me with its music.

Than it would be a literary masterpiece.

I haven't watched it but if that character design is anything to go by then it was incredibly retarded.

Thanks for that info. It all makes sense now.

I was and I don't know who you're talking about

That poll is worthless. Everyone knows that Yue is winning that.

So, we are stuck with Assread? That's one hell of a monkey paw for whoever that wished for an anime of this.

>Be me, Whitefox staff
>Overseeing Asread work on Arifureta
>Their work is absolute shit, know that people are gonna hate it
>Could help them fix it, but then I remember
>I remember all those people, even the fucking author bitching over 1(uno) piece of art that led to all our work being scrapped for this
>So I do nothing, and wait for it all to come crashing down

Attached: laughs.jpg (1162x650, 108K)

ANN animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-07-10/arifureta-author-may-have-prompted-anime-staff-change/.148858
>The new staff was announced in April 2018. Kinji Yoshimoto (Unbreakable Machine-Doll, Seven Mortal Sins, Genshiken 2) is directing the anime at asread with assistance from WHITE FOX. Chika Kojima (Big Order) adapts Takayaki's original designs for animation. In March 2019, it was announced that Shoichi Sato (Yes! Precure 5 GoGo!, Shakugan no Shana episode scriptwriter) and Kinji Yoshimoto (Queen's Blade: The Exiled Virgin, The Seven Mortal Sins) would be supervising and penning the series' scripts.

>Jun Kamiya (Kingdom) was originally slated to direct the series at WHITE FOX, with Atsuo Tobe (Kingdom) as character designer. Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Is the order a rabbit?) was originally in charge of the series scripts, but is no longer listed as working on the project.

This whole Anime series was a fuckin disaster.

My interpretation is that white fox stuff be like something like comfynigger, that committee asshole from orenoimouto and generic ironic weeb equivalent combined(since they liked their re:shit so much). They be hatin on arifureta and try to make it shit. Author intervenes and tells them to fuck off. The result is here.
I'm just going to wait and hope.

They should have canceled this altogether. The novels didn't need a push anyway.