Hunter x Hunter Dr. Stone

It's time to establish intellectual hierarchy once and for all

Attached: To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Dr x Stone. The humour is extremely subtle (1222x610, 187K)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is Dr. Stone about an OP guy styling on everyone with science and knowledge?

Have sex

I've never read Dr Stone but I have read HxH and I'm gonna say Dr Stone is better

in a way yes

the true intellectual's choice

Attached: shingeki-no-kyojin.jpg (676x960, 177K)

Nice, picked up.

I've never read HxH but I have read Dr. Stone and I'm gonna say HxH is better

Dr. Stone is pretty above your average shonen, but it doesn't reach the surreal thematics seen Togashis work

Has Dr. Stone pulled an "O MY RUBBER NEN" level of asspull yet?

Dr. Stone? More like DR. STONED

Attached: Dr. Stoned.jpg (1172x625, 245K)

Many times in the manga

But were they better explained and used than Rubber Nen somehow being a resurrection tool?

the mc is literally shounen version of Rick

>low IQ brainlets still don't understand how Hisoka resurrected himself

>wants spoonfeeding
Read it yourself

At least Dr. Stone teaches you something. In a simplified and childish way, but that's okay because both are aimed at children and young teenagers despite what HxHfags believe.

If you think that what McGyver does is Science.

This, he mostly McGyvers things with science, which kinda balances itself because every other important character is broken at something.

This.

It had a slight rubber nen moment, based on the established rules, but also a fact that wasn't pointed at before. But it was cool, it showed that Senku wasn't just invincible because he was good at science.

i think Dr. Stone is going to do very well in the west, this kind of pop-science is in right now.

Why does people hate Dr Stone so much? It's not pretentious at all and yet you're all comparing it with R&M and HxH. It's not flawless but it doesn't deserve that shit, it still doesn't even have a shitty fanbase (it barely has fanbase)

This
No one cares about your retarded shitpost with the same format we've seen a million times already, nerd. Make a thread with an interesting topic or talk about a new show or go do something productive with your life, cunt.

dilate

Pop sci for I LOVE SCIIIEEENCE demographic

Attached: 1541604915008.jpg (2444x1834, 1.81M)

It's interesting.

cope

>Why does people hate Dr Stone so much?
Because it's new and popular.

Can someone explain to me why the fans of hunter love gon so much? He seemed like the most generic, mediocre shonen protagonist possible.

Dr. Snoop Dog > Pretentious x Pretentious.

420 is just more solid, sure it doesn't cover as many topics that PxP does and it doesn't touch edgy shit which teens often mistake for "muh deep storytelling" but at least it sticks to its premise and it keeps delivering what people signed for(pseudo-science shenanigans).

Meanwhile as said before you have PxP covering a vaster amount of topics that makes the brain of teens tingle(PS: it's actually dandruff) but none of the themes are really expanded upon enough to have any real meaning or be relevant. This "jack of all trades, master of none" is fun sure, but I don't see why would anyone consider it even remotely close to intellectual aside from resident HxH samefaqs. It's obvious that whoever is writting Dr. Stone actually puts some effort into researching stuff to actually plan out the chapters in advance while Togashi just puts in whatever he finds interesting but lacks the knowledge to actually make something meaningful out of it due to his shallow knowledge on said matters.

unironically true. We got so lucky he walked away from Jump. Can you imagine Titan being run through the weekly schedule crap and having to deal with their editors? It would have ended up like all the other trash

let me guess you didn't watch the chimera arc huh

I only saw '99

>pew pew magical powers and children with crazy colored hair vs deep philosophical topics and
If you're a child/teenager then HxH is for you, if you're an adult then Dr. Stone is for you

that explains it, you fell for the pleb filter. Hunter is fucking trash until Chimera arc, then everything comes together and becomes this literacy masterpiece of subversive deconstruction.

ENTER CHADRICK

Attached: 5016e5a6b585fe761f2c0f96ba4b6a05.png (1280x784, 1.54M)

O my counting ability.

>popular
Eh...

no, the closest thing to an asspull in the series is someone conveniently finding something the MC needs just after he realizes he needs it

O MY is basically his special skill

>Why does people hate Dr Stone so much?
The push is one of the reasons I guess. Everyone probably ok with it if EiC put it in the middle of the toc not the top 3. And sometime it's fun to ruin other people fun.

>being delusional
the poor state of Dr. push fan

you realize that both are aim at 12 years old boy right?

>caring about Japanese Magic School bus
Dr Flop is shit and it's written to teach about "science" to babies who buy weekly Jump magazine. There is nothing deep or intellectual about it.

This could also be said by other series as well, but shitposters just love to shit on anything

kek
Don't you know Gon is retarded but in a good way

FREEDOM!!

They unironically think HxH is made for intellectuals and that's part of the reason its not popular

>No u.
Clearly the apex of a HxHfag intellectual prowess.

Because it recently got an anime and is being pushed by the publisher, bringing it to the attention of the big shounen audience. The manga threads have been fine and dandy for like 2 years now because it was mostly flying under their radar, same as Kimetsu. Its only recently it suddenly got a bunch of hate and forced fanbase war crap.

>The push is one of the reasons I guess
I'm tired of the pushing meme. It seems that every time they even make a commercial of something that they're going to animate, it's a push. What do you expect? What should Jump do, root for the failure of their own projects?

Not a debate. HxH is better.

Will Dr Stone get Nen?

Gotta say I love the green/blonde hair

Based

There's a difference between pushing for anime and try too hard to make it a hit despite shitty sale you know. Like I said if it stays at the middle and gets to the top once in a while people probably ok with it.

My experience with it so far has been outstanding. It's honestly the first manga in a long time that has encapsulated me as much as Berserk did on my first reading of that oh so long ago. Today I read from chapter 1 all the way to chapter 82 over the course of the day. The artwork is stellar, the story is pretty good, and it's just a fun mix of epic, hilarious, and science all in one neat little package.

The setting is also pretty tight as it leads into a lot of power struggles between people and there is a ton of pure "kino" moments (as Yea Forums would say) which made me almost tear up.

Also it's hilarious, but it never feels like the hilarity outweighs the seriousness or overstays it's welcome. It's a really good balance imo. The science is explained brilliantly, even if it's a bit rudimentary and easy to digest, the action panels are top notch, and boichi's art really speaks for itself. I can only hope that the animation studio does it justice, because after today I am completely hooked. Image doesn't have any major spoilers, just some panels I thought were funny or cute, view at your own risk.

Attached: dr stone in a nutshell.jpg (1998x2814, 1.64M)

wow the pasta is out! Dr. push turn into shit now.

Imagine being so insecure about a manga you like that you compare it to a literal caveman manga.

It also has cute as fuck girls.

Attached: dr stone cute girls.png (926x1300, 2.66M)

Attached: dr stone lighting a filament.jpg (1754x1203, 869K)

>file too large
>it's under 4mb
Fuck you hiroshimoot.

i.imgur
.com/E362hOf.png

Pictured is a flashbang sequence which is pretty well drawn.

It's still their project, why wouldn't they want it to be a hit? Are people here so delusional to think that the authors sucked the editors' dick to get an anime? They considered giving Dr Stone an anime worthy a shot, and they will try to make it successful, I guess that Yea Forums hates everybody who doesn't share their loser mentality.

BASED

Why don't you compare this bag of trash with similar trash like attack on titan?
I wish you guys would leave hunter x hunter alone. It's never happening, is it?

Attached: 1523738886741.png (1093x820, 798K)

What I'm trying to say is that the push might be one of the reasons.
>if it stays at the middle and gets to the top once in a while people probably ok with it.
I didn't say Jump should not push it but when they trying too hard some people might not like that decision.

OK BUT THE REAL QUESTION IS HOW DID THAT TREE SURVIVE 3700 YEARS THOUGH?

Is togashi the only person in the world who doesn't fail at Rian Johnson school of subverting expectations by going with the most disappointing outcome?

ebin

They never read the chapter, they just see their fellow MHA/OP retards post the panel and decide to do the same thing

>the great debate
God you Hunterfags are fucking boring.

Dr.Stone is fucking boring.

/thread

I wish I was boring then I wouldn't be a virgin

>the push
Who gives a shit? The people here aren't even part of the marketbase that this supposed push is targeted at (more specifically we're a bunch of vultures at best) and it means nothing

HxH is for people who want to think they're smart
Dr. Stone is for people who are actually smart

>comparing a 200k seller to a 1M seller
NEXT!

Attached: 1535314913105.png (1300x716, 32K)

>big numbers good
>small numbers bad
Justin Bieber is better than Hunter x Hunter

Both are for 12 years old boy.

>this is for "12 years old boy"

Sure, delusional user, sure.

Attached: sw-chart-390.png (6754x3726, 2.52M)

>s-s-see it has details so it's made for mature and grown-up boys such as myself

Attached: 1560719659211.jpg (700x700, 129K)

Based, Hunterkeks and stoneflops BTFO'D

Attached: 1560131365727m.jpg (1024x933, 94K)

He revived from the dead after a snapped back if thats what you mean. But it wasnt much of a asspull but him using his brain.

I've been out of the loop on Yea Forums because the last season sucked ass, how is Dr. Stone's adaptation holding up?

>tfw you're a dumb normalfaggot who eats up all this shit while nerds argue about which is better

Attached: rare based and dare I say redpilled.png (384x534, 141K)

No, fuck you. You're not doing this. You're not adding another stupid fucking shonen fanbase into this retarded Yea Forumsirgin reddit war that you've consumed half the fucking board in. Fuck off and kill yourselves. One day all you Shonen Jump shitters will be exiled to /trash/ and Yea Forums will be better off for it.

>getting outsold by bokuben
NEEEEEXT!

Why are we even comparing these 2?

Dr Stone is for big brains, and HxH is for unga bungas.

based fence sitter

(You)

I'd say report and ignore but mods don't give a shit. The only way this can be solved is if they suddenly started to care about discussion quality, but I guess they're too new and think this is just how Yea Forums is.

It's good but I actually think there weren't many kino moments.

Yeah the MC literally dies and comes back to life

>"O MY RUBBER NEN" level of asspull yet?
That wasn't an asspull.