Attached: bebop.jpg (1000x563, 478K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zoLCw4Xg0uo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

if you're 12.

I would say yes

Yes
What a stupid fucking question

It is a classic for a reason and regarded as one of the greatest anime of all time. Remember your on Yea Forums where every little fag likes to be a contrarian and so someone will throw out buzzwords.

Only if you're a toonami watching nostgiafag

If you're looking for a well-written show, try Shingeki no Kyojin.

It's a classic in the same way DB or DBZ is a classic. It's not because it's good.

>It's not because it's good.
We're discussing whether its well-written. That's separate from if its good or not.

hell no

Attached: cowboys-in-space.jpg (1443x1080, 257K)

It's neither. Cowboy Bebop is honestly no different than any Shonen anime of today.

It's mostly really dumb and all the things are mostly tied together by happy little accidents. So many happy little accidents and coincidences that it hurts. A clear sign of piss poor writing. Champloo did this much better. Or Space Dandy.

It’s easily one of the best written. It’s not very long, so it’s an easier achievement than some others though. That’s the only thing other manga can beat it at really; being longer and the boons that come with it. Oda made his manga longer to appease his desire to build the world and Cowboy didn’t.

Dragon Ball is legitimately good though even if it had no popularity at all.
Eichiro Oda said that he couldn’t make his story as much of a battle manga as Dragonball because he could never live up to it if he did.

Attached: A50D5BE7-A3FB-4691-BF71-25E2AB512FFD.jpg (960x540, 152K)

doesn't have diabeetus inducing music, other than that, its overrated as fuck, is just ok.

>this show is popular so it's dumb-dumb xD
Rewatched Pierrot le Fou the other day. Other than the waaay out-there direction in the episode (especially during the flashback sequence, which is trippy as fuck), incorporating lots of complex lighting, composition and the use of sound - the episode's writing is a showcase for what I believe is the show's greatest strength.

Consider the solution to the conflict as the perfect example - in the third act, Mad Pierrot lures Spike into an abandoned theme park, where they must fight for their lives, with Spike fully aware that the stakes are high. We, the viewers, already know Spike HAS to beat him somehow. As Pierrot prepares to shoot, Spike throws a knife at Pierrot, knocking him down. Yet, it is not the knife that downs him - it is Pierrot himself. We were treated to a flashback earlier in the episode where we were told that his mind hasn't really developed, and he still reacts as a child would. He sees the world as a game, and contradictory to Spike, he does not understand the stakes AT ALL. Thus, when the knife hits a non-vital organ, he flips out and starts crying, in a most innocent, child-like manner. He did not expect the "game" to cause pain to him, and he doesn't understand how to react to such a surprising turn of events, so he just collapses. This is an organic solution that we can attribute directly to his character - taking information that the viewer first perceives as just an "interesting backstory", and using it to solve Spike's main conflict in the episode, plus bringing Pierrot's arc full-circle in the process.

Any lesser show - and by that I mean the vast majority of them - would have Spike getting shot, throwing the knife at the last second, and hitting Pierrot directly in the head. Pierrot is dead, Spike gets to muse some quips, and goes back home to eat some delicious pie and forget the whole thing, the end. A happy ending, for sure - just a boring and expected one.

shorten down this blog and maybe I'll give some thought to a reply.

What is considered good or a well written series. Lets here your thoughts on this because I doubt the answer will be anything worthwhile. Entertain us.

>here
I don't need to answer this.

Why bother replying in a thread about writing in the first place you illiterate fuck

Shoujo ramune. Excellent character development and a fleshed out story that manages to stay precise.

I found it to be very trite, like the jokes you can see coming from a mile away which is a not good thing for a series that relies on comedy so much. The characterizations were pretty cliche other than Faye, and the plot was utter garbage so I would say no it is not a well-written series but it had cool aesthetics.

I never said it was bad just ok, I watched it as a kid and felt it was great, I rewatched it again a month ago, and didn;t feel so greate, character development is so so, a lot of the things never get entirely resolved, some characters are weak, lots of episodes feel like stupid fills, has a lot of good things though, is just that for the praise it gets, I don't feel like its on par.

Otome Dori.

This reply is wasted on a shitty thread like this

The writing is good, yeah, but it's kinda hard to tell or care if the writing is good because the direction of the series is so phenomenal.

Some of the episodes aren't particularly amazing when it comes to the actual hard facts of the story, but the series' strength is in the presentation of the characters and the compilation of aesthetics, not necessarily just the actual scenario.

Like the mushroom episode. If you just describe the events of the episode then it isn't very nuanced. But the humour, the character interactions and the music make the episode stellar.

Hate to appeal to authority but there's good reason it's so highly regarded

I don't have to read your blog to be able to hold a discussion about how mediocre the writing in this anime is.

youtube.com/watch?v=zoLCw4Xg0uo

Misogynistic show detected, its a show for incel.

One of the best television shows yet produced period
There's a level of subtlety and nuance to the characters, their interactions, the way they interact with the world around them and to how the story develops that is as far as I'm concerned entirely unrivaled

Attached: 0bqqh6i7ajz01.jpg (1280x1785, 212K)

He said nothing other than this show is so good guys because it SUBVERTS your expectations with it's solution to the problem! Unlike those other DUMB shows. Nothing that the show doesn't tell you flat out itself, I don't know why anyone would have to re-watch the episode to pick up on something that's so in your face unless they're a complete brainlet. But basically Spike attacked his opponent's weakness and won. Then he says something about the how awesome the backstory is because it wasn't just a backstory but tied into the events happening on screen. Wow no story has ever done that before.

tl;dr He's a huge brainlet trying to blow smoke up the show's ass and make the most basic shit seem more impressive than it is. Why the fuck did I read and type all of that

Attached: 1560844772683.jpg (500x667, 81K)

I wanted to bang ed

Fuck, you got me. Let's hold a discussion without explaining ourselves properly or citing examples. Would that be alright with you?

The writing is BAD because characters are STUPID and also story RETARDED.

at least we agree.

Why did you lie to me user, why did you lie?
I thought I was getting a cgdct thing.
Now I don't know or not if I'm aroused.

>Let's hold a discussion without explaining ourselves properly or citing examples.
This is an imageboard, not a dissertation. If you can't get your point across without blogposting, then don't act surprised when no one wants to argue with you.

Hard disagree.
It's the characters that are retarded and the story stupid.

>episodic
literally just "I'm too lazy to write a proper story where what happens in one episode has an impact on the next".
Automatically shit-tier writing. It's like taking the exam made for tards so that they can just about pass, it's capped at "bad" no matter how good the execution is.

Never reply to me again you fucking pedo

Fair enough. I'll go back to Gaia, then.

Actually it's the only good anime Shinichiro Watanabe ever made.

It's written well enough. Rewatched it a few weeks ago, and god damn the visuals are so good that it carries the whole thing.

>ramifications are the only sign of narrative complexity
Shows like Hill Street Blues survived precisely because they featured mostly episodic, well-written stories, while still having a plot point revisited once every dozen episodes or so. Are you really dismissing an entire show just because it has an anthology-like structure?