Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou

How did you enjoy the first episode, Yea Forums?

Attached: asd.jpg (628x1033, 256K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8GCD8kSkOcY
youtube.com/watch?v=iD9xk3SDSYc
bakapervert.wordpress.com/arifureta-shokugyo-de-sekai-saikyou/
youtube.com/watch?v=fnRRRU44OPU
google.com/search?q=excited nu wojak&client=firefox-b-d&channel=trow&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjLqbbguafjAhXGa7wKHW-YDpkQ_AUIECgB&biw=1133&bih=553#imgrc=_b-d&channel=trow&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjLqbbguafjAhXGa7wKHW-YDpkQ_AUIECgB&biw=1133&bih=553#imgrc=pRuZBtnYJq7CaM:
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Literally the worst first episode of this season.

I didnt really look good. And I dont remember but I feel he went from 0 to Angry at the world too fast.
Still gonna watch the rest tho since I love the manga.

What in the fuck were they thinking?

Absolute trash, which was to be expected of course. Arifureta is possibly the single worst isekai ever made.

>Still gonna watch the rest tho since I love the manga.
Can't we ban these people, jesus christ

I don't even know where to begin at how shit this adaptation is

lmao

Attached: 1562608035742.webm (1920x1080, 1.1M)

Ignore these retards, it was great. I'm looking forward to the next episode when he meets Yui.

Attached: 1558861405717.png (609x498, 227K)

Timeskip and the start of haremshit next ep, isn't it?

I laughed my ass off. Best comedy anime in ages.

youtu.be/8GCD8kSkOcY

This shit it is more depressing than disappointing

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: delayed 1 year for this.jpg (1920x1080, 229K)

I hope the put the budget on her. Nothing else can save this.

are they gonna butcher Hajime's and Yue's doki doki moments?

I hope not but since the director already denied lewds for the loli demon in the Seven Deadly Sins anime that could be a pipe dream.

Pacing was shit, but here's hoping the chill the fuck out after they establish whatever they're trying to establish.

Got some good memes out of it but not going to watch ep2.

Attached: unknown.png (434x320, 80K)

Lost it when he started making the gun.

They're trying to establish that the characters don't matter and they only want to show the cool parts. Fuck this director or whoever is in charge of this

at first it just looked dumb but halfway through it changed to the kind of dumb that can be entertaining to watch, definitely gonna give it at least 1-2 more episodes

It's generic isekai shit, it's okay.

This is worse than generic with that edgy MC

wrong

I'll give it another chance. I really hope vampire loli saves this mess, otherwise i'll completely drop it.
Can't believe the studio behind berserk 2016 delivered something decent while White Fox gave us an utter crappy first episode

This, it was terrible.

Does anyone else feel like the oversupply of shitty isekai is going to lead to a collapse of the anime industry?

Attached: 1562372776306.png (1280x720, 364K)

This episode was absolutely terrible. Like, holy shit this has absolutely no budget.

they only need one or two "good" ones per season to sustain it. and we still have isekai cheat magician and the double hit mom coming up

No, just the isekai industry

The low budget animation isn't even the worst part, they butchered the [narrative] of the story with shitty storytelling gimmicks

>asread still can't into cgi
oof

I got what I knew I was going to get. Enjoyable trash.

>The Count of Monte Cristo
That's only vol. 1 tho. The rest is standard cheat isekei slice of life.

Attached: 1381202924987.jpg (433x482, 65K)

Sorry, but I can't enjoy trash if it's not even decently animated.
A fucking nobody's studio delivered something more decent than White Fox

>A fucking nobody's studio delivered something more decent than White Fox
which is?

Can she save this mess?

Attached: Blonde loli vampire.jpg (1400x1794, 339K)

no

it's early, so maybe
hope they expand on the implied sex from the novel and animate it entirely

>white fox
>he doesn't know

>pic
but we already have Gankutsuou

I hoped the manga would expand that like slave harem did, instead it cut that entirely. I have no hope for the anime doing it right, but a good sex scene would be enough for something good out of this.

While I want them to go full Yosuga no Sora on this, the reality is that they will skip it like in the manga.

Attached: 6346b1127244285071d75acd05c68ac9.png (1400x1928, 1.43M)

Reminder that Asread had to "salvage" this shit into what we got now. I can't even begin to imagine how bad the White Fox solo version must have looked.

I'm only watching it because it looks like fucking shit, I can't understand what kind of edgy newfag would unironically enjoy this shit. Hope the quality surpasses ImoImo

Attached: 1534966082576.jpg (466x601, 48K)

>reborn in a fucking fantasy world with game mechanics
i'm level 8, what level are you?
fuck thissssssssssss

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_13.39_[2019.07.08_13.3 (1920x1080, 127K)

The manga is actually great, even if it's wish fulfillment. This was terrible, though.

infinity +1 because I haven't fallen for the sOx meme

not as terrible as i thought it was going to be based on previous key visuals. definitely rushed and a slide show but as long as they don't revert to Märchen Mädchen levels of QUALITY the girls might be able to keep this watchable

No one's doing any trolling in this thread and yet the salt is flowing, I wonder why.

Yea I really enjoyed this PowerPoint slideshow

The salt is from us LNfags.
This adaptation feels like an insult desu

Glad they skipped right to the meat of the first volume instead of being boring and emofag suffering. Unfortunately the entire episode was still rather boring and moved super fast with not much of anything happening in a sensible way. Anyone who watched this episode without having read the LN or manga would be confused as hell.

Attached: 1472913333934.gif (480x270, 414K)

NOPE, and I don't even care about the isekai and revenge part. This was legitemately bad, it was too dark, and not mean edgy I mean dark, as in why the fuck is happening because I can't see a shit because is so dark. Also almost everything was static shots of inanimate objects or status screen and the few parts with characters or monster on screen had barely any animation, even the "action" were just some rpg maker tier effects.

Seriously, what the fuck was this? Did they make this with the budged of a cold drink?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Midara na Ao-chan wa Benkyou ga Dekinai - 07 [720p].mkv_snapshot_09.42.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

You have 2-3 isekai per season. Out of 40+ shows.

>suffer magnitude higher than Hajime
>Calm like a Sage, Wisest of the Emperor
Hajime just a huge faggot

Attached: DMV5.3.png (1164x1706, 1.07M)

Really because as a LNfag I feel the quality of the adaption accurately captures the quality of the LN.

Attached: 1549848845848.jpg (464x464, 156K)

Attached: 1562610426627.webm (1920x1080, 2.61M)

>as a LNfag
I doubt it
>I feel the quality of the adaption accurately captures the quality of the LN.
*manga

I GOT A GUN

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_18.25_[2019.07.08_15.1 (1920x1080, 149K)

Atleast they're getting to the best thing in the manga faster.

Attached: file.png (1304x1173, 828K)

>as a LNfag

Stop False Flagging, the LN is pretty decent

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this.

The manga at least had better art.

Attached: Yue.(Arifureta.Shokugyou.de.Sekai.Saikyou).full.2223664.png (1536x2048, 1.55M)

It's like I'm really watching Overlord S3 again!

OFC

Everyone needs to see these wonderful drawings that really show what this is all about

Holy shit that was terrible.

Attached: yo what the fuck.png (850x891, 680K)

dunno
I want the sex scene decently animated, but on the other hand, otakus may drop it because muh waifu is not pure

I want to combine this show with Cop Craft and that new monster transforming anime, Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kochoki - Wakaki Nobunaga - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_07.23_[2019.07.08_12.33.11].jpg (1920x1080, 127K)

its shit this is what i'd thought i see.
no i see some weak as beta pokes

Attached: 17.jpg (1304x1854, 493K)

It was so tremendously bad that I am going to watch all of it, and then strongly consider reading the source material.

Dropped it after 8 minutes, its just rehashed isekai bullshit power fantasy self insert garbage.

Fucking incredible.

What in the actual fuck is this?

Attached: 1497480261770.jpg (490x368, 20K)

I cant wake up

Attached: 19.jpg (1304x1854, 620K)

Was there fanservice at least?

>suddenly... you start to realize...

Attached: vegetes.gif (498x372, 282K)

There was literally nothing in the episode indicating that it's isekai, but the description claims it is. And both his personality and powerlevel did a complete 180 in two seconds for basically no reason. None of the action makes sense at all, either. Why'd he scream when he was trying to sneak away from the monster and only burrow after it ate his arm and he explained that it ate his arm to the audience?

It was clearly meant to be an action-heavy hook episode and, in typical isekai fashion, the rest will probably be nothing like this, but I know it's still going to be shit because whoever came up with this clearly has no idea what they're doing.

Looked like shit. I was kinda looking forward to this since book 1 is the only entertaining part of this whole series, but I guess I can skip it and stick to reading the LN out of some weird sense of completionist masochism.

>based on a light novel
>which means the bulk of continent will never be seen in the anime
>making it a waste of time

>anything after the dungeon
>good

even the shttiest dude from my AutoCAD course could've delivered a better 3D

I guarantee anybody who thinks this is a good adaptation in episode 1 and trying to stand up for it will likely give up by episode 6 and the threads will just be shitting on the adaptation. Screencap this.

my fucking sides. looks like something from DMC 2

Oh my lord

This had me laughing for a solid minute, holy fuck what a shit show.

Attached: 1379435790547.gif (480x270, 253K)

Just a reminder the author was shitting on this from when the first designs were revealed.

I think this may be Mahou Sensou tier

>I think this may be Mahou Sensou tier
That is some bold talk

Reminder only try hard redditors dislike isekai that isn't shit:zero or ironic shows like konosuba.

>nothing indicated this was an isekai
they did have that quick flash to the classroom being teleported in the OP and the MC seeing his party members in regular high school uniforms before he got his balls back but ya these are kind of blink and youll miss it

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_01.17_[2019.07.08_16.1 (1920x1080, 214K)

Man why do they make all these MC look way pussier in the anime than in manga or LN? He doesn't look nearly as beta in the manga.

This is not brightness adjusted or a filter. You literally can't see shit in many shots

Attached: VNGqJUf.png (2560x1440, 2.36M)

Having done that, I would advice against it.
The plot will just keep getting dumber, and after you finish the main story there are 200 chapters of post-credit scenes that are only about the MC doing stupid shit in modern Japan.

didn't reddit like shield hero?

PS2? That's too advanced I swear RPG maker 95 had this exact effect

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_03.39.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

The bear and bunny remind me of Blood C

Reddit and Yea Forums were similar in the sense that they liked it until about halfway through when it started getting really stupid. What tipped it over the edge was when they changed raccoon from killing that guy to "If I kill you I'll be just like you".

And just like I predicted, everybody forgot about it after it finished

They literally skipped the entire beginning of the story, what the fuck? Like they just start and you're supposed to already know he's in isekailand

>And just like I predicted, everybody forgot about it after it finished
>discussions die down for anime after they finish airing
Woah, what great insight you have

youtube.com/watch?v=iD9xk3SDSYc

Attached: 1552784652553.png (1256x662, 43K)

well, at least arifureta will be remembered as that isekai with a shitty 1st episode

>skeleton literally flickers then disappears when stabbed
it's like a low budget video game

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_08.20_[2019.07.08_16.21 (1280x720, 73K)

Should have started with a 40 minute long episode like shield hero did.

What exactly are they trying to convey by replacing the introductions with shitty flashback gimmicks?

i was expecting FIELD MARSHALL GENERAL EDGE

all i got was a Gillette boys will be boys

Like a lot of other people, I didn't like the way they set up the beginning. I would guess it is going to get on track and be a normal creative-less adaptation from this point on. We'll see how they handle the vampire, she is the best part of the series and the only thing that might save the anime.

What I mean is that people spout these isekais as SUPER AMAZING and better than anything else but very very few actually leave an impact, not just because the season changes, but because the adaptation becomes so shitty, nobody wants to talk about it any more.

If it was mostly just them taking over the first dungeon instead of leaving it would have been much better. They could build new things to bend Yue over.

I like isekai, but this was seriously bad in every sense. I will keep watching because loli vampire, but this is one of the worst first episodes I have seen in a while.

Those were just normies overhyping things

Don't cut yourself on all those buzzwords.

You mean "The Cuck of Monte Cristo."
The Count would never help those who abandoned him.

>isekais as SUPER AMAZING
No ones says that here.

>Barely pierces the skin
>Certainly doesn't pierce the skull
>No impact at all, head doesn't budge
>Somehow kills it

Nani?

>talk about it
you mean shitpost about it?
I don't know if that's better or worse.

I was on book 8 before this was announced, friend. It's too late for me.

Shit. It's given me no reason to sympathize with or care about the mc. Basically just some shitty fight scenes with an edgy kid.

This was a really rough start, but I'm a sucker for revenge stories so I think I'll be giving it at least one more episode to see if it can't find its footing.

That mc was wronged by the that one guy but instead of blaming him he blames everyone making him a crazy retard who's hate is unwarranted except that one guy.
It might be to make him hypocritical and uncaring like ainz from overlord.

This is barely a revenge story, Hajime quickly stops giving a shit once he gets vampire pussy

Well I'll just watch it til I lose interest then, I guess.

He's always resented his class for giving him shit just because the popular girl likes him, he doesn't even hate them, he just doesn't care about them, that includes that guy who shot him.

>but I'm a sucker for revenge stories
The amount of LNs that actually stay as revenge stories past the first few volumes is ungodly low. Revenge doesn't lead to cute waifus

You know what, during lot of time I wished for Sword and Sorcery Fantasy to become popular in anime again. There has been always some shows here and there, but I always wanted it to become BIG I wanted to have lots of fantasy shows every season

Now my wish came true...but it was a monkey paw since what I got was isekai.

Attached: 1562232764498.jpg (700x375, 39K)

Don't I know it. That's why I'm a sucker. I buy into the cheap revenge hook even though I know it usually peters out quick.

Is not hard to guess that the guy who shot him is mad because the black haired girl was kind to him too many times.

I mean I will be Yue posting

I don't think anyone will be trying to stand up for it

I should remind everyone White Fox did Utawarerumono 2 that was not only tone deaf it was also unable to properly adapt a 20 hour VN with 24 episodes while Asread did Sin: NnT.

This show is utter shit.
I'm not going to bother adding it to the list.

Attached: 1377443455445.png (600x338, 280K)

Nigga are you me? I loved stuff like Lodoss and Slayers. I even like older isekai like Rayearth and Dunbine. but as the 00s started coming around, those kind of settings became smaller and smaller.

Then they came back but not really in the way I want. It's gotten to the point that the few legit sword and sorcery fantasy that even come out are thought of as isekai

Does he fuck his harem?

Yes

Post the chart.

No one gives a shit kill yourself.

They failed to convey Hajime's gradual breakdown from despair to insanity As well in his suffering and 'transformation' after eating the monster's meat.
But then again, I expected a shit adaptation and got exactly that.

Attached: x22.png (1304x1854, 1.56M)

But user, she is a vampire, her hymen remains intact everytime she has sex so she remains a virgin forever. She is pure forever.

user, she's a whore no matter how many times she regenerates her hymen. She's already defiled

Fuck off faker, it's fine if the girl only has one partner and is loyal since we self insert as the mc.

Is the director a rookie? I didn't have high expectations but this shit was horrible. Like watching a casual playing bad vidya on some console while seeing double after a hangover with strong headache.

holy fuck I was looking forward to this, now it turns out to be the quality imouto of the season?

This is like that 3D bear what the fuck

Why couldn't they just copy this scene.

Is this satire?

Good thing the novel is already finished and the author is just having fun writing the afterstory

I don't know the source material but yeah. I guess they'll explain all these minor details next time. But at this rate we'll get a nice series of 10 episodes or less, including 3 fillers because they're cheap to make.

Holy fucking shit that is embarrassing.

Attached: charanko up close.jpg (775x1045, 78K)

They can't, it will be awkward storytelling-wise

>Overlord tier CGI
>budget will only get smaller
>white hair dude lmao
i will be watching until the semen demon appears and see if she can save this trainwreck

Attached: 911db622c40d9233354ca420815465a0.jpg (969x1402, 140K)

You mean the awkwardness can be improved even more? That's not possible.

>Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou
Didn't this get an anime ages ago?

Delayed like 3 times

This was delayed twice and this was the end result? Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

It's hard for me to outright hate a show, but this was complete and utter ass.

Same. Only expected it to not look like complete shit and be a half-decent introduction/commercial to the LN. It should be pretty easy to not fail there as popular isekai shit are usually at least somewhat fun with their template setups.

This comparison is downright insulting.

MC's personality seemed to switch around to insane edge a bit too quickly to be plausible. The CGI was also of absolutely terrible quality. I have no idea how anime gets prerendered CGI this fucking bad when videogames literally have both better graphics and better animation rendered in real time on fairly cheap consumer hardware and it's not like it's exclusive to expensive games either.

Anyway, I'll give this another 2 episodes to see if I really drop it or not. Generally speaking I can get some enjoyment out of this type of setup even if it is formulaic, as long as it's at least decent.

nah, anime survived master of ragnarok, it surely can survive arifureta

>gradual breakdown
I'm sorry but it's like 2 pages, that's not gradual.

Dropped!

will cheat mage seem good now because of this

Attached: 1552951141452.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

There's no hope for this adaptation, you're better off reading the source material(not the manga)

This is a very low bar to get over, it'd actually be impressive if cheat mage had a worse first ep.

Nigger, you only like this for a loli sex scene you’re never getting in this adaptation.

I guess you're probably right, but I'll still give it a few episodes to see for myself. Reading the LN would probably take too long, I'd rather spend that time on other shows or hobbies.

They would have to put some serious effort to make something worse

Place your bets my friends, what is the chance of they totally cutting this part?

Attached: sUXkqHY.jpg (851x1200, 206K)

Reminded me of Nanosaur
dinosaur movement

Not with industry filled with substandard quality.

>I WILL KILL ALL THE BASTARDS WHO BETRAYED ME
>no don't do it hero-kun, I believe there's good in you
>oh wow thanks best girl-chan, I now realize I can't stoop as low as the bastards who betrayed me
Is there any LN / WN that actually stays as a revenge story? Bonus points if it's finished.

I have a feeling WNs that start off as revenge stories are the author living out a personal fantasy but when they get popular he goes the safe route.

Not finished but Nidome no Yuusha has the mc getting actual revenge by his own hands

>original key visual

Attached: Arifureta Original Key Visual.jpg (1500x1152, 218K)

Neutered but not totally cut.

>when they get popular he goes the safe route.
More like they realize that you can't write 20+ novels out of a basic revenge plot so they need to start making other shit up

They could just end the revenge story and start a new one.

At least we got Hisasi's designs animated, and the opening is nice
I was expecting him to go full blood and guts but this shit was weak
Did they censored it or the studio is just that incompetent?
And then WTF with the story structure, I mean having 1 or 2 flash backs its fine but they go overboard with this
Hell even after you think flash backs are done we get another flashback of his waifu wanting to protect him
Then WTF with the bigass apraisal text, Why is on japanesse, what the fuck is funimation doing?
And the monsters Why don't they move? they are fighting against a jappy manlet Are they waiting for their turn? if so then they truly are living in dragon quest world
Whats with the eat monster level up mechanic? Why nobody is doing this? and don't come with you die after eating because there are magic heals

Is that how chinkWNs do it?

>finished
Katahane no Riku and Dungeon Seeker. For unfinished ones, there's Nidome no Yuusha, Kaifuku Jutsushi, and that new super edgy one that I can't recall the name of where some Jap read Nidome no Yuusha, thought it wasn't edgy enough, and went 'hold my sake and watch this.'

Attached: katahane no riku.jpg (1512x2220, 701K)

No idea, don't read chinese or korean wns.

Stop implying that Arifureta ever was a revenge story

So this is the new "popular" isekai of the season? Looks like shit compared to Shield Hero and even Reincarnated as a Slime looked better. I'll give it a chance and watch the first 3-5 episodes, based off what I'm hearing and seeing everyone hated the first episode.

I've never even heard of this before today. It was pretty fun. Whatever plot there was, it was a mess, and I was laughing out loud when he got the gun, but somehow it was fun and I look forward to the next episode. The girl whatever-her-name is looks really cute.

>So this is the new "popular" isekai of the season?
If it was properly adapted you could've made that comparison (it still would've been bad) but this? No, just trash.

Yue-sama a best
Emily-chan a second best

Be patient, I'll get to N3 one day, translate my story to Japanese and try to get it animated. I promise it's not isekai. I hope you like trap protagonists.

Holy shit this looks '00 as fuck

>Dungeon Seeker
Wasn't it axed because of literally copypasting text from Arifureta?

I'm only 15 minutes into it so far and it sucks in just about every way that an anime can suck.
Not the worst, but still trash.

Why did the novel completely change after volume 1? It just went to complete shit (relatively, it obviously was not a masterpiece to begin with).

>At least we got Hisasi's designs animated
If you can call that animated

>you will never see Takayaki's secret Arifureta porn stash with your mortal eyes

Forgot image

Attached: __yue_arifureta_shokugyou_de_sekai_saikyou_drawn_by_takayaki__f263737636d658f313b0c6f83afb5565.jpg (3624x2590, 2.64M)

Where did his dick go?

Kouhai-chan best

but what do the nips think

this was the worst adaption I've ever seen. this was terrible. terrible on so many levels. one of the worst anime since handshakers.

they hated it

no no no. nothing can save this shit.

>So this is the new "popular" isekai of the season
Doesn't seem like anybody is paying much attention to it, that title will probably go to the mom isekai

The opening has this weird bit of awkwardness to it. Like a couple of sequences linger and fade too quick. Also when that bear jumped down it sounded like an effect from Kirby NiDL GBA. The monster mutation was hilarious. Reminded me of mutation sequences from 00s. At least that jazzy track was nice. Regardless I bet the ass reaming will get censored.

Attached: jahy laugh.jpg (651x737, 53K)

suing the producers and using the lawsuit money to do a remake with a more competent studio

So what's the summary on this? He gets betrayed, and somehow finds himself at the bottom of a pit, has to dig his way out by eating some monster, and then returns and wants revenge or something?

Just watch Gankutsuou. It's 10/10.

Attached: [MS]_Gankutsuou_-_13_[bdrip-x264-AAC-720p][7F9FE6F5].mkv_snapshot_14.49_[2017.08.04_14.05.43].jpg (1280x720, 443K)

Attached: 1562610423013.png (840x118, 7K)

>Gets isekai'd
>Gets a shit class and knocked into a hole by a classmate
>Becomes OP
>Gets Waifu
>10 volumes of trying to get back to his world
>Kills God in the process since God won't leave him alone
During that he just kind of lets the betrayer get eaten alive since he wasn't worth the effort of killing.

I have to admit that I was honestly impressed by the opening of this animation. I expected it to be complete and utter dog shit but it instead was an incoherent amalgamation of dog shit, horse urine, vaginal discharge, CGI, and sludge. It would be hard to try and make an adaptation this bad and I commend those who were able to bring the abomination to life. Dropped before the episode even finished.

I don't understand how Yea Forums can hate this, but defend all the other isekai tripe.

>Anime got delayed a year
>Still ended up having production issues
What did they mean by this?

The "this" refers to the adaptation, not the series itself

>Initially glad they skipped all the shitty boring stuff at the beginning
>They show it anyways in flashbacks

Attached: 1542982616830.jpg (546x860, 373K)

It keeps happening
When will they learn to cover shit CG up

It's truly impressive. I knew the adaptation would be shit since WN/LN/VN adaptations always are but this, this was something else.

Probably embezzlement

>Boring stuff
You mean the plot?

We are here only to see Yue animated

I mean the whole cut and paste establishing shit that every isekai does where these people get forcibly transferred to another world and immediately start sucking the King's dick when he tells them they can't go home and have to save the world for him.
This one has some sprinkles in top in that it includes a guy who gets so butthurt that the popular girl interacted with the MC that he tried to kill him.

I'm just here for the resulting ntr doujins a few months from now.

"Plot"
Basically nothing matters besides meeting yue

Spoil my ass so I can drop this already. Who shot him, why and how edgy was the revenge?
There's a revenge, right? Or it's one of those where he goes out of the dungeon and it turns into the usual guild quests shit with slaves or something.

Craaaawling in my skin...
My missing arm will never heeeeaaalll...
Maaakking guns from rocks and edge...
To catch my next meal...

Attached: 1562619482187.jpg (372x500, 60K)

Maybe the studio is intentionally sabotaging the anime as a fuck you to Overlap for firing the previous team.

It will end up being something like this.

Attached: x2.png (1304x1854, 721K)

Are apostles immune to radiation damage? Why doesn't he just nuke his girlfriend's uncle's castle?

Hiyama
It's not a revenge story, it never was, doesn't give a fuck about what happened, he never gave a fuck about his classmates, that incident just made him view them with contempt.

Also, all he wants is to go back home(that's the reason he bothers conquering the rest of the labyrinths); he does some guild quests but only because they begged him to do it in exchange for some favors

Why? Just because the MC is OP and "there are no stakes"?

the edgy bully whom he broke the bones of later

He was about to until Kaori knocked him out

I am kind of impressed.

Attached: 23.png (561x508, 338K)

>guns
>edgy
>Devil Trigger
>OP
just give Hajime a sword and he's now DMC2 Dante

How many girls are there in the harem?

Is this really bad? Seems fine to me if inoffensive.

No, because that's when the story starts.

Attached: 1562610198086.png (801x419, 74K)

What do you mean?

>DMC2 Dante
>Edgy
user... being tired doesn't automatically make you edgy.

how did the self-righteous, whiteknight faggot demon die? Did he got beaten to death?

What absolutely confuses me is that MAL which usually is filled with people hating on everything isekai and most modern shows has rated this above 8 with 200+ users.
How in God's name is this even possible? I know that it is MAL but I expected the complete opposite.

8 or 9

I fucking love chuuni
Nothing parody, just the cool darkness stuff

blasted by Tio

Fucking Christ what the fuck is this?

Attached: sdje9.png (538x324, 230K)

Dimension Dragon guy? I keep forgetting about him whenever I go to re-read the series. Even Eri who had like half the screen time was more memorable.

On what chapter does the main story ends in the WN? waiting for LN translations bores me

yeah, Freid the butthurt faggot.

I mean that everything before meeting Yue is just setup for the actual story.

And from that, how do you conclude that "Basically nothing matters"?

178. Afterwards is the after story which is now at chapter 357.

Afterstory also has Abyssgate thus is automatically better than the main story. Plus Hajime is a relaxed harem king who loses his edge completely.

The opening song deserved a better show.

Attached: 1550205709580.jpg (500x500, 26K)

Is the story still worth reading after the main story? Is it all just small stories or are there actual huge arcs?

Right that's his name. I remember him being super salty with the party for killing his blue eyes white dragon and not worshiping his insane god. That being said the insane god's idea of getting a loli vampire body just for the hell of it was pretty great.

A bit of both. Some are just 1-4 chapter quickies like visiting Shizuku's family after he haremizes her, same with Kaori's family. Others are 20+ chapter plus arcs.

A lot of it focuses on the classmates and other characters who never got a lot of characterization in the main story and without the usual "we're trapped in another world oh no!" that's present in all isekai. Overall a lighter tone and I find it much more enjoyable.

kek

Attached: 1538215594895.png (631x524, 618K)

There's just way too much action and shit in the beginning volumes of this series. Can't wait for Dendrogram to come out and be a cg-fest too because the fight scenes need OMP S1-levels of passion to be done correctly.

Why not just change the shot and move the camera back? Why slowmo a shot that is obviously terrible?

Attached: 1544762112948.jpg (385x395, 45K)

Oh and the after story has a much cleaner translation than the first parts of the series as it's a different translator who knows how words work.

>blue eyes white dragon
How original.

Attached: yugi5.gif (555x555, 555K)

HOLY SHIT, HE'S GOT A GUN!

Attached: 1402601439956.gif (580x328, 2.92M)

Did Kaori won?

They all did

Good anime, I'm going to keep watching it

I can appreciate a revenge story but maybe he should consider if it's even worth going back. Most of them didn't like him at his worst so why should they get him at his best? If he just stays in the dungeon they will eventually come back anyway.
The quality is bad. The bear's death was garbage. If the quality is a sign of how bad the story is going to be then just let it end here with endless possibilities.

I like the 2000s artstyle

Radiation damage would probably be the most OP thing in that world since it's not magical and can only be countered if you have instananeous regeneration but sucks that wasn't employed in this series

It quite fun, there are short stories and long ones. I personally enjoy it more than the main story, and very few isekai stories deals with the stuff that happens after returning home.
That said most of the isekai i have read is not finished, which means they are still trapped in isekailan. I don't take in consideration the ones starting with the 'hero returning home' since most of the times is just an excuse to make MC op as fuck.

>just stay in the abyss lol, get a sofa or something

It didn't make sense how MC went from timid to edgelord in the span of a couple minutes. Is this supposed to be an Isekai? I didn't remember any mention of him coming from Earth yet he's talking about gunpowder and shit. Plus the animation and CG is fucking horrible.

I liked it.
The director knows that his staff and budget + the beta MC getting bullied will lose most the potential audience. So to salvage a bad situation he's decided the animu will be about killing shit, being cool and waifus. WHen you consider what he had to work with, this was a great idea.

I'm certainly going to give it to ep 3. Unlike that virgin Demon Lord isekai garbage, this has a chance at overcoming average staff and a shit budget.

Attached: pic.png (187x186, 89K)

I'll probably not watch the anime until the part where he beat the bully to death

>this whole show

Attached: 1535006999083.jpg (300x287, 92K)

>t. Director

So the third season this will never get?

Making the entire first part of the series a bunch of flashbacks was a bad choice. All those characters are going to be relevant later and now the audience has 0 connection to any of them.

t. ASSread

Ahahahha, this is so fucking bad, it's like it got absolutely everything wrong. They do flash backs, but the dude narrates over his own flashback, like nigga. Just remember a previous conversation or something, do a fade in kind of thing, don't fucking infodump in the worst way possible. Why is donner a good name?

Shitposting or not, I dig your straightforward attitude.
You keep being you, user.

Can't wait till we get to the latter parts when they're in the full suit.

Attached: 4359ad8d60b4c9096ec069999833c5bb1dd01d5b.jpg (800x800, 145K)

Because they have an Isekai check book they have to follow.

German for Thunder.

He always had a resentment towards his class, the incident only made him realize it, also, in order to survive the labyrinth he needed to become edgy

>ctrl+F gank
>3 results
Based.

Attached: 1490149352388.png (301x267, 91K)

no shitposting, I really liked it, I know some animations are not the greatest, but the story kinda got me.

After reading all of the awful LN, i'm really excited for this, first episode was rushed as fuck, like 3 episodes compressed in 1, and i guess the selling point will be Yue.

Well, lets see

Fucking japs and their germaboos

>that part where he upgrades the Reisen labyrinth's boss golem into a gundam

I wonder if Hajime is a Wehraboo

What story?

he is

Most of his weapons have german names.

I mean why in the hell would you even like-
Ah, of course, loli vampire. Just watch Bakemonogatari you get that and a semi-decent plot to boot

NAGUMO FOR ISEKAI QUARTET
Priceless, at the end of the LN he can create portals between dimensions and worlds like earth good gimminicks with other isekai frens

Attached: 1458804817271.png (510x546, 141K)

I love how after they get back he basically becomes a CEO and makes Abyssgate do all the annoying work while he stays at home with his harem and family.

Can't Shield Hero and his Tanuki sex slave do that too in the end of Shield Hero?

This was the best part of the episode it subverted every movie physics expectation were defied when moments before the same bullets blew an arm off clean. Instead of shooting cleanly through the head or gibbing the cgi bear it kinda just hits the head slows down and decides to nestle cleaning against the surface in the most oddly motion acceleration curve it just was too absurd to not laugh.

Did he wrote anything good so far? last thing i've read from him was Nagumo and Masochist Dragon doing some otherworld adventures, and another one about his daughter meeting the son of the president of the united states, or anything like that

the classic powerless whinny boy becomes strong

Gibbing the arm used up all the cgi budget so they had to just leave the bullet in the head otherwise you'd see through the bear's body as the normals would get inverted because they suck at cgi so bad they didn't know what to do and couldn't bother to just make a simple cylindrical hole in the model where the bullet could go through.

I like the new arc where his harem and their families react to their adventures back in Tortus using regeneration magic

I am finding the "Tortus travel Journal' quite entertaining. Hajime was the easy heroine all along.

Will he be adding the Fleur Knights as his branch harem?

Yue-sama won't allow it.

lol

Try putting his weapon names together

What chapter? i want to read it, looks fun

bakapervert.wordpress.com/arifureta-shokugyo-de-sekai-saikyou/
just look for "Tortus Travel Journal"

Thanks

It wasnt a couple minutes. It was supposed to be weeks of him starving and in constant pain only being kept alive by the holy water. He lost his mind, and then he ate some monster meat and it changed him all the way down to his fucking DNA. They fucked up the exposition so we could get to the part where he meets his loli waifu faster.

Why just why

Attached: 1548426770070.gif (392x410, 451K)

They gonna fuck up the entire Orcus Dungeon arc.

Wow, that wasn't portrayed well at all in this episode then.

They already fucked up everything

LLEL

Should've been Donte instead.

*based*

I knew Yea Forums would love this, calling it now this is gonna be the unintentional comedy hit of the season. And I thought overlord III was good.

this anime cured my depression.

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

oh nonononononono

I was excited when they skipped the isekai intro and thought they would spend all the first episode developing his personality.
Oh how wrong I was.

Attached: 1504044678036.jpg (1920x1080, 213K)

And do the same to each part after that to introduce more characters. They have to show everyone they can to attract more people to read the LN, and hope the anime quality doesn't have the opposite effect.

For a moment i though the same, i started to expect a slow episode showing him despairing and slowly going insane.

Change to Devil May Cry 2 plz. The first game was actually good.

They didn't just skip the isekai intro, they skipped introducing any of the characters

Literally what's the point of this series without the absurd amounts of edge and gore? Why even skip the shit that makes it stand out?

picked up

MC bullying everyone he meets, also, I don't know what you're talking about when you say "absurd amounts of edge and gore" because it has it only has a minimal amount of those

They should've just made a SOL anime of Yue doing cute things. No one cares about any of the other shit anyway.

I read the first volume of the LN, it was gory as fuck for a Japanese work and shit like the monster meat scene are nothing but pure edge.

That's just the first arc to establish Hajime's character, it's a lighter toned story overall

I know, but no one would give a shit about this series if not for how absurdly tonally dissonant the beginning volume is to the rest of the series.

Pretty bad. Dude gets edgy too fast. It was retarded how he went from pushover betafag to I'ma eat these high level monsters.

They would probably not be mad

chuunibyou mc

No one will defend Shield Hero or Smartphone, but at least they are high effort trash and has some entertainment value in them. Mind blowing that they delayed the anime for 1 1/2 years and still ended up delivering low effort trash.

maybe they were waiting for a season where no higher effort isekai were airing so it would hopefully look less shitty in comparison?

This has been an especially rough year for isekai. I sure hope the genre winds up dead in the water by 2020.

You people keep throwing the word "trash" around but what do you ACTUALLY mean by that?

>No one will defend Shield Hero

People have been defending that show against literally any criticism since the first fucking episode aired, it's the absolute definition of a show with insane fanboys

>no higher effort isekai were airing so
The mom one looks at least slightly higher effort than every other isekai airing right now

Well thank god for small miracles, if one of them had to have decent talent wasted at least it's the milf one.

What's that one LN where the MC gets wronged like here, but the girl pretends to hate him so he loses his mind and starts annihilating everything in a dungeon, even the village he finds?

shit source material gets shit adaption
same old same old

>watch the episode thinking that everybody on the threads was exaggerating
>it actually is that bad
Oh dear, I don't know if I even like in a "so bad its good" way

So bad, it's good. Maybe we can push this like KF

first ep was alright, ill watch

But that was actually good.

>first episode
IT was fucking shit. I was laughing the first few minutes because he was fucking narrating a really dangerous situation like he was in fucking Jojo's. I've read the LN and the manga and this version right now is terrible.

Dungeon Seeker?

>came back from wagecucking
>download 1080p
>click on play
>22min later I don't know what the fuck happened
is this the first episode for real? please tell me they aired a pilot episode by mistake

Disposable. No one will remember or talk about them when the next season starts.

Basically 90% of all anime are trash so there's no shame in being it.

Oh God, this was really bad. Didn't they take YEARS to do this? What was wrong with the animation? The pacing? It was all blurry, zero-budget shit!

You mean Arifureta plagiarism. That fucking series got canned for literally copying chapters from Arifureta and just changing the names.

Dungeon Seeker is a plagiarized rip off of Arifureta. I kinda said it on this reply but I forgot to tag you as well.

So, trash := unmemorable?
But that doesn't seem to be a good [definition] for me as there are things that I would consider "trash" but they're not unmemorable

holy water and monster meat is the breakfast of champions

go watch cop craft

As a Chinese bugman myself, the revenge plot tends to be a major part of the story, but eventually becomes a subplot. It's very rare for a wuxia hero (for example) to fight solely for revenge. Only really dark characters like Striding Cloud are hellbent on it.

I know there are one or two stories that literally end mid-stroke, especially when the outcome is a foregone conclusion or doesn't really matter. But generally, at that point you have to stop the Jin invasion or slay the King's evil eunuch for something, your personal revenge is just a speed bump.

I was honestly laughing half the episode, so the following episodes will probably make a good comedy

I just want to know, where does the unlimited supply of healing water come from?

This cunt dropped the ball while they were fighting mad priest.

Attached: 61HT1-Gv6SL.jpg (353x500, 81K)

If you thought shield hero was bad, you’re in for a fucking treat with this one

Shield Hero looks like a masterpiece compared to Arifureta

cute and funny

It's more coherent than Arifuerta, at least. And the characters are more interesting.

I have to say, I didn't expect it to be this fucking bad. This was really, really bad.

This is it
This is the gold standard of "so bad it's good" anime, don't forget it Yea Forums

My first instinct is to drop it after that episode, but I have a feeling it's gonna be fun to watch with Yea Forums.

>so bad it's good
this is not one of them, user
lets see if vampire loli saves this mess

No, that was Ousama Game.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Ousama Game - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_01.08_[2017.10.13_00.52.34].jpg (1280x720, 403K)

WHAT

THAT'S AMAZING

Attached: 1562176988119.jpg (540x660, 47K)

We already know from the first episode how competent the team behind this is, so there's no saving this mess

>based Hajime is saving anime
>Yea Forums shits on him
Don't cry for help when the day of the reckoning finally arrives

Name a lazier ED.

can someone give me a rundown of what the hell happened with the studio in charge? i thought white fox was animating this

>literally two lights over a song

It is regrettable because Arifureta is a fantastic LN. Shield Hero's LN is also not good so at least you can't expect much from the adaption. The pacing here is way too fast. I wish they would show Hajime in Japan a little bit more before rushing into the Isekai aspect.

Assread crushing this anime. With no survivors!

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (1280x720, 220K)

>It is regrettable because Arifureta is a fantastic LN

I have a feeling your bar isn't set too high

Hey Yea Forums let's play a Game for every chapter of arifureta "Spot the abyssgate" the rules are to spot every scene where Endou Kousuke, post the screencap, take a shot of alcohol and say "Found you aby-san"

While the novels are in no way under appreciated masterpieces, they’re fun reads and deserve better than this adaptation. While at times redundant and even cringey at others, it quickly establishes a sense of momentum and devises a really cool magic system for some awesome action sequences. Hajime’s descent into insanity is done far better as the first book spends over a hundred pages on his life before falling into the depths of labyrinth so you can appreciate the change and genuinely feel sorry for him. It can feel too self-indulgent when it tries to play up how badass he becomes, but Hajime’s larger character arc makes up for this in my eyes. It’s a solid isekai compared to many of its competitors. Here, you don’t feel anything at all as the staff have decided to jump into the action without the build-up necessary to make Hajime’s evolution feel earned.

That looks like a still from a 1980s PC game

fuck, i already lost.

rejoice people
We'll have at least 13 episodes and two OVAs

I was reading the novels as they were first being translated and the absolute most praise I can give it is that the initial arc of numbers going up wasn't the worst thing I've read. Even in the novels it's edgy trash based on a bullied ten year old's idea of how "cool" or "badass" they'll be in high school.

If you unironically like this stuff you're better off never admitting it and keeping it to yourself.

>13 episodes
Weak, this needed to be two cour with each episode quality slowly deteriorating as the last episode becomes a literal powerpoint

>meanwhile, CLANG studio delivered something that at least looks decent
youtube.com/watch?v=fnRRRU44OPU

Why does this studio continue to exist and ruin anime adaptations?

you probably dropped it at some point

this looks gay and horrble

The expression is "dropped the ball", not "dropped the bar."

I didn't even read the books and I can't believe how little backstory and how rushed the first episode was.

WF fucked up so hard Assread was considered an improvement. Don't ask how that was possible, but here we are.

Mahou sensou at least had a rocking OP with proper animation and good artstyle

"dropped the novels" is what I mean

>Even in the novels it's edgy trash based on a bullied ten year old's idea of how "cool" or "badass" they'll be in high school.
I don't understand your wordage. What are you ACTUALLY trying to say?

>Don't ask how that was possible
I really have to ask how the fuck is that even possible

What level of ESL are you operating at? I can reword it a bit but if you don't understand the individual words I can't help you. I reread it and it still makes enough sense.

Arifureta is edgy trash like Akame ga Kill made to appeal to preteens who are easily wowed by anything that puts on a show of being mature. The main character is based around what a ten year old would think a when they try to picture a "badass high school student."

I'm not understanding the "message" that you are trying to say, what is your point?

>appeal to preteens who are easily wowed by anything that puts on a show of being mature
Note that "mature" here means "mom and dad would get upset if they knew I was watching this", it doesn't have any real bearing on the concept of maturity. A lack of maturity is actually the problem.

Maybe come back to this site when you can actually read and understand English.

I'm saying you should probably feel embarrassed for liking it and just keep it to yourself if you do.

he's saying it's chuuni as fuck

I'm a big fan of the series, however

Pros:
>Hajime seems like he'll have better characterization
>The voice actor is good
>It's at least an anime of this, with stuff like isekai shitphone getting an anime it's time we got some of the better classics and newbies having adaptations

Cons:
>3d CGI monsters that were worse than Berserk make me desperately worry for the quality of this adaptation, because Ari was known for such detailed art, then you get these horribly animated stick figures
>Constant flashbacks and exposition were a shitty way to open it
>Quality of art can't hold a candle to the manga
>The dialogue at some points was retarded
>The story-boarders were obviously retarded

Overall I'm worried this is going to be a horribly shitty adaptation that's gonna be axed before season one ends.

It's also not self aware chuuni, it's completely unironic.

This looks better. We could have gotten something good.

>what if we take the entire first volume and compress it into the first episode
when has this ever been a good idea for any show?

I am not proud, but I did what had to be done.

Attached: ClintMC.jpg (628x1033, 215K)

>Is that Hajime?
>HE'S GOT A GUN
> *BANG**BANG**BANG*

Best part of the episode desu.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_12.00_[2019.07.09_02.53 (1280x720, 371K)

I just like the art quality and character designs, you normalfags really just get way out there with your projecting.

>I'm worried this is going to be a horribly shitty adaptation that's gonna be axed before season one ends
Has there actually been an anime axed mid-season?

Marchen Madchen crashed and burned mid season, though they did eventually finish it.

Cheeky remarks aside, I'm interpreting what you're saying in "I was reading the novels as they were first being translated and the absolute most praise I can give it is that the initial arc of numbers going up wasn't the worst thing I've read." as "This is [bad]" and you kind of explain that with "Even in the novels it's [edgy] [trash] based on a bullied ten year old's idea of how "cool" or "badass" they'll be in high school.

"This is [bad] because it's [edgy] [trash]" Is what you're trying to say

"based on a bullied ten year old's idea of how "cool" or "badass" they'll be in high school." may just be one of your cheeky remarks but I'm not sure, it may be a hint as to how you interpret it and why you think it's bad. But I don't see what this has to do with the actual [quality] of the storytelling.

"This is [bad] because it's [edgy] [trash]"
The words here in brackets are what I have trouble understanding, how exactly do you define those words, what are your connotations for them? and how do they relate to each other?

>art quality
I at least assume you mean the manga, since the novel has no art and the anime is this. Taking a look, the manga looks fine but is nothing groundbreaking. Certainly not a manga you'd read for the art.

>character designs
Edge McLord and Another Blonde Loli Vampire are amazing, completely original DO NOT STEAL character designs.

>edgier
Get me the name dammit, I must see the edge myself!

Yeah sure, the completely unremarkable artwork and cliched character designs are what you were kneejerk defending here, even though the criticisms were about the god awful writing.

Mitsudomoe S2, although it was never officially confirmed.

"direction" is probably the right word

Blind normalfaggots with shit taste don't reply to me.

You call me a normalfaggot yet I'm only watching this show cause I read the source material and know about the vampire loli and I'm waiting to see how they handle it. This shit is hot garbage and you have shit taste for liking it, just accept it.

Next time try just using Google yourself or lurking more. It's less trouble for everyone.

bad - this one is pretty straightforward.
[adjective] of poor quality or a low standard

trash - very straightforward
[noun] cultural items, ideas, or objects of poor quality.

edgy - This is a more informal usage but one that's generally understood on the internet, especially in places like Yea Forums. It likely evolved from the following informal dictionary definition but now just means something like "trying too hard to be dark or cool."

[adjective] at the forefront of a trend; experimental or avant-garde.

How can it be hot garbage if the main attraction(the art) is good? Aside from the animation studio butchering the source material of course.

I half expected the bear to jump back up and get even more pissed, since the bullet obviously didn't kill it.

I asked for YOUR definitions when I said "connotations", I don't need dictionary definitions, they don't provide me with information that I need to decipher what your premise is, that's why I'm asking you.

I honestly don't know how to make this easier for you. Just lurk more until you either fit in or give up and go back to wherever you came from.

Dear Japan,
Stop using 3D.
Love,
America

I watch a lot of garbage, but this was genuine shit. The first 10 minutes were basically without explanation of what the fuck was going on outside of throwaway lines and by that point I was fucking done. Worst first episode of the season easily, I came for the blonde heroine and she only appears briefly at the end. What a shitty start.

Alright, so let's just use the definitions(denotations) that you've provided:

>"This is [bad] because it's [edgy] [trash]"
can be expanded as
>"This is [of poor quality] because it's [trying too hard to be dark or cool]."
Now, how does [trying too hard to be dark or cool] relate to a literary work being [of poor quality].

Also, note that we're not discussing the novel in question yet.

Fukushuu o Koinegau Saikyou Yuusha. It's just gratuitously edgy.

Attached: Fukushuu o Koinegau Saikyou Yuusha.png (1125x1600, 817K)

They butchered the source material, fed it to a cow, collected its shit and presented it as their finished work

Jesus Christ this thread turned retarded.

>How can it be hot garbage if the main attraction(the art) is good?
please rewatch and ask that question again

And they fucked it somewhere in between.

>the LN is pretty decent

Not the guy you're replying to, but I fucking doubt that. The animation may have been total dogshit for this, but at the end of the day this is still the same damn story. That garbage didn't start here.

>Got into show with the promise of an edgy dude killing shit with guns
>Entire show was MC going full insane edgelord and killing shit with guns
What's the problem here?

Attached: 1549957133784.jpg (1920x1080, 408K)

>Now, how does [trying too hard to be dark or cool] relate to a literary work being [of poor quality].
To be as reductive as you are, if something is "trying too hard" then it is doing something more than required or appropriate. A good quality work wouldn't try "too hard" or "too little", it would try at least roughly as much as is required, ergo it's "of poor quality." Like the trend for western movies trying too hard to inject bad comedy.

>Also, note that we're not discussing the novel in question yet.
Says who? I'm discussing it as a whole. The manga's art doesn't really stand out, so trying to frame this around the manga's art is grasping at straws.

Wasn't much to butcher, this is the anime adaptation the source deserved.

It starts off decent then turns into your typical op mc surrounded by girls trash.

These animation studios pretty much get off to butchering and rewriting LN adaptations like Treehouse did, only difference is they don't get punished for it seeing as how JC Staff is still alive and their studio not bombed after the shit they have done and nobody except me has the gall to even mention it so I'm not surprised in the slightest. If you go into an LN adaptation and don't expect a shitshow then you haven't watched many at all with what how they're paying VAs 70 times more than an animator these days.

Is the manga decent?

Yes, the first volume was good, rest is shit.

No, it's the same core story and characters.

The female characters and artstyle make my dick hard if that's what you're asking

His classmates are playing Final Fantasy, while the MC is playing SMT Digital Devil Saga. I like it so far.

>A good quality work wouldn't try "too hard" or "too little"
translates BACK to "This is [of poor quality] because it's [trying too hard to be dark or cool]." so that's not really a very useful explanation

>if something is "trying too hard" then it is doing something more than required or appropriate.
There's a phrase such as "going above and beyond the call of duty" which can be interpreted as "doing something more than required or appropriate" but it's normally view as a positive thing, if you agree with how it's normally viewed, than that would contradict your statement that "trying too hard" unless you mean something else by [of poor quality] or [trying too hard]

>Says who? I'm discussing it as a whole. The manga's art doesn't really stand out, so trying to frame this around the manga's art is grasping at straws
That's not the main subject of our conversation just yet, we're still covering the semantics of your words before we can discuss it.

It skips the POV of his classmates, skips the scenes with the royal family

Attached: hitoshura.jpg (232x218, 13K)

After thinking about it I've come to the conclusion that they were forced to do this because adding battle damage to a 3DCGI bear model or making a new headless model would have taken too long.

>translates BACK to "This is [of poor quality] because it's [trying too hard to be dark or cool]." so that's not really a very useful explanation
Yes going back and forth from the definitions does result in the same thing.

>There's a phrase such as "going above and beyond the call of duty"...
The difference is between "more than expected/required" and "too much."

>That's not the main subject of our conversation just yet, we're still covering the semantics of your words before we can discuss it.
No that's actually not what's happening. You're desperately digging at semantics under the mistaken belief that finding a single flaw would invalidate the criticism of something you like (because your taste is shit) and salvage your ego. Even if I were completely incoherent it wouldn't change the truth of it being garbage, someone else would just have to pick up the slack.

Here you, go. I did a comma splice, my opinion is now invalid. You did it. Arifureta is good now. So is shadow the hedgehog.

Attached: ow_the_edge.jpg (400x366, 38K)

I only started this because I liked her design
Does she do anything?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_08.24.115.png (1920x1080, 1.06M)

She lusts for MCs dick, just like every single girl he meets

>the shot before that blasted his arm off

>Can save this mess?
Sure, why not? Look at the porn industry, the scripts, actors, practically everything they have to work with. They still manage to make a profit. Anime is not different.

>Yes going back and forth from the definitions does result in the same thing.
You don't "go back and forth" from the definitions, you arrive at the most basic properties of a word until it's sufficient to base your premises off of it, we've already reached that point at when I agreed to use the definitions you provided.

Also, in this case, we're not trying to find the definition but how [of poor quality] and [tries too hard] relate to each other, your explanation doesn't do a very good job at describing it

>The difference is between "more than expected/required" and "too much."
That implies that [too much] implies something negative, which brings us back to the question: "how [of poor quality] and [tries too hard] relate to each other,"

>No that's actually not what's happening. You're desperately digging at semantics under the mistaken belief that finding a single flaw would invalidate the criticism of something you like (because your taste is shit) and salvage your ego. Even if I were completely incoherent it wouldn't change the truth of it being garbage, someone else would just have to pick up the slack.
I understand how you would see it as that, and I'm not completely denying that that is the case just yet, but for now, all I'm really doing is trying to get a concrete understanding of your position. Also, I haven't even mentioned anything about the novel in question nor did
I ever "challenged" your criticisms about it yet. is not me btw, I'm just doing this because of different reason than liking the novels(I do like the novels but that is unrelated)

>invalidate the criticism of something you like (because your taste is shit) and salvage your ego.
I don't think questioning you about your position automatically invalidates it, and the part about my ego, doesn't affect how valid your points are, so don't worry.

It was literally a flesh wound at that depth. It is highly likely they couldn't cgi the bullet going any further.

Also, you can change your definitions(connotations) if you want, that is my aim after all.

She spends every waking moment being best girl. Also the only person with a level head under fire.

>I understand how you would see it as that, and I'm not completely denying that that is the case just yet
That is exactly what you are doing. No one else on Yea Forums would be so shocked and confused by "bad because it's edgy trash" that they can't comprehend it as you are pretending to be. You'd disagree with it except you'd be laughed out of the thread for claiming it's not edgy trash, so instead you pretend to not understand it and try to keep digging until the other person gets tired and gives up.

Soon you'll be asking me to define what I mean by "quality" or "poor." Didn't you know that taking a vow poverty is seen as a virtue so poor is actually good?!?!

Attached: only_pretending.jpg (349x642, 49K)

IS THIS SHIELD HERO 2?

I am so dissapointed I'm actually crying why why why why who greenlit this.....

>all these people comparing the mc to dante
fuck you dante is too good for this shit show

implying there was something worthwhile to butcher in the first place.

And to think Yea Forums shitted on shield hero....

>fired most of the staff and delayed the series by a year to improve the quality
>this is the result

Attached: oc0nxOn.jpg (377x399, 170K)

Best girl that gets shafted into being a tertiary member of the harem who doesn't matter for shit.

>That is exactly what you are doing.
Understanding your position better so I can tear it apart later on? Maybe. But that doesn't matter, whether or not that is true doesn't affect the validity of your criticisms as I said before.
>No one else on Yea Forums would be so shocked and confused by "bad because it's edgy trash"
Neither am I, I've seen this lazy excuse of a criticism used over and fucking over a-fucking-gain, ad fucking nauseum, and I'm absolutely mother fucking irritated at how it's regurgitated by absolute fucking retards like you who are too lazy to think and process your own thoughts before evaluating something, but no, it takes much less effort to just parrot buzzwords around because you think it overall agrees with what you think about something.

tl;dr: I do like the Arifureta novels, that's not the reason why I'm "digging into you", the actual reason is that buzzwords fucking piss me off to no end and I'm really getting tired of them. So fuck you for using buzzwords, scum. Die, slowly roasting in a pit of fire until golden brown, seasoned with your own shit, feasted upon by the other lazy, shit-eatingretards who keep using buzzwords, faggot.

>so instead you pretend to not understand it and try to keep digging until the other person gets tired and gives up.
I really don't understand, I understand the dictionary definitions but those are useless to me because I don't understand how you understand them. What I'm trying to do here is I'm trying to get you think more about it and arrive to a conclusion that "maybe this isn't the right word to convey what I'm thinking"

>Soon you'll be asking me to define what I mean by "quality" or "poor."
If necessary, of course, is there a problem with that?

Yes, that is what I was implying

This was the MOST DISAPPOINTING ANIME START THIS SUMMER

Naofumi get stuck in Rimuru cave and goes all Kaneki. I spend years watching anime to be able reference joke like this :)

The flashback order made no sense, why not just show it in chronologically, no introduction to how they got to the isekai, why his powers are so weak, like why is he bullied for etc. No explanation of what the others can do except one is a priest.

So extremely unnecessary confusing back and forth with the flashback, could have been just 1 flashback. Picture this episode exact same scene but in the correct order, would have made it a lot better.

No real explanation on why someone wants to kill him except the most obvious shallow one that someone see him a a hinder to fuck the priest.

So his synergist role is more like a blue mage ergo slime and he eats monster and get monster powers it seems, he is obviously gonna be super OP eventually and actually have the best powers.

we it just super disappointing, the episode was so incredible badly produced, the cgi was horrible as well and so dark and lifeless.

I wonder if the first result was actually better than this

>why not just show it in chronologically
Probably then they must have ended 1 ep when he fell in the pit. Maybe they thought that would be boring for the first episode. But holy fuck what they did instead.

>he is obviously gonna be super OP eventually and actually have the best powers.
Well the title literally says from commonplace to world's strongest.

>Any words you use are buzzwords and you must define them in exacting detail to my arbitrary, shifting standards or I don't have to acknowledge you at all.

>tl;dr: I do like the Arifureta novels, that's not the reason why I'm "digging into you", the actual reason is that buzzwords fucking piss me off to no end and I'm really getting tired of them. So fuck you for using buzzwords, scum. Die, slowly roasting in a pit of fire until golden brown, seasoned with your own shit, feasted upon by the other lazy, shit-eatingretards who keep using buzzwords, faggot.
Go back to gaia or whatever safe space it is that 12 year olds use online now. You obviously don't belong here.

Attached: edgy.png (373x327, 190K)

to be fair, the manga is actually really fucking bad. Anything important and interesting is skipped for schizophrenic action scenes where anything actually interesting or cool is one shot

Fuck off, if you're not willing to discuss shit

Despite the garbage source material it looks like the production committee is pouring tons of money into Isekai Cheat Magician so it'll look good visually at least

But you seem like the 12 year old buzzword spouter to me user?

The trailer looked pretty decent actually

Literally picked up the show for her she is hot

Attached: Arifureta-LN-JP-Cover-v05.png (853x1200, 1.63M)

Fucking this. I was hyped.

If you seriously think "edgy" is a meaningless buzzword you're probably too young to tell the difference between "mature" as aimed at preteens and mature as aimed at an older audience. You probably also put a lot of value in appearing mature.

Oh, I forgot to address this
>Any words you use are buzzwords
No, not just any word, it has to be a VERY commonly used word that originally means something and it has a certain effect but is related to something else so the meaning of that word changes into that something else--this is how language naturally evolves. My problem with buzzwords is that they try to retain the effect of the original meaning that it's derived from and use it as some rhetorical tool to get more persuasion power and this causes people to "make budget cuts in the thinking department", it degrades discussions.

>and you must define them in exacting detail to my arbitrary, shifting standards or I don't have to acknowledge you at all.
How did you arrive at a conclusion that you must define them to my [arbitrary], [shifting standards]? What do you mean by [arbitrary] and [shifting standards]?

Can the thread derailing morons go somewhere else? Like a bedroom so they can have hate-sex?

>You probably also put a lot of value in appearing mature.
That's ironic for someone who uses the word "edgy" to criticize something, You probably think you're so mature and better than the oh so immature people who are "trying too hard to be dark or cool" by your own words. To me, it just seems like you're emphasizing the fact that you do not belong within the category of people who are "trying too hard to be dark or cool" out of insecurity. Why would you care if they're "trying too hard to be dark or cool"?

QUALITY CG

Not really. My tastes are pretty wide and I've found stuff targeted at all age ranges or genders to be appealing. I put little value in appearing mature so something like Arifureta or Akame ga Kill where the core appeal is the "don't let your mom catch you watching this!" factor there's nothing to appeal to me.

>first key visuals were shit and the fans rioted
>they fire the director and delay it for over a year
>the finished product is still shit and the fans are rioting
Will we get a Tokyo Ghoul style reboot if there's enough backlash?

Attached: CbfkFlYUkAAx9PN.jpg (600x421, 50K)

I'm not talking about your tastes, I'm talking about your strong opinions about a category of people who are "trying too hard to be dark or cool", it seems to me that you are insecure in that you're trying to "achieve" a "mature" appearance by trying to criticize those people as "immature, unlike me". Unless you have a proper reason for this.

I want anons to be with me until the end of this absolute trainwreck. Like Haduki's show

> I put little value in appearing mature so something like Arifureta or Akame ga Kill where the core appeal is the "don't let your mom catch you watching this!" factor there's nothing to appeal to me.
You don't care about appearing "mature" and that is the reason why you don't like things that would make you appear "not mature"?

>Will we get a Tokyo Ghoul style reboot if there's enough backlash?
So another absolute dumpster fire but for different reasons?

>I like mature anime for mature adults such as myself
>>>/reddit/

No thanks, I'll just continure reading the far superior novel version

I'm an LNfag who hasn't come to Yea Forums for about a year and I've returned just to enjoy this shitshow. It's the only enjoyment I'm gonna get out of this slap in the face.

What did they do to my boy Hajime? This episode made the Shield Hero adaptation look like fucking Tolkien.

Attached: very angry rabbit.png (202x197, 51K)

Following up after I finally got to watching it. They screwed it up pretty badly and this is only episode 1.
CG was shit and not used properly.
Beyond rushed and the order of events were all over the place thinking they were creative and trying to not invest time.
They don't elaborate on shit and animate the events just to put a check mark on the list that they covered it.
Meanwhile Re:Zero you get to listen to this faggots thoughts all day long and his nonstop bitching and then they rewind and do it all over again.
Bravo. Bravo.
Glad I held off on the merch. That bitter feeling of buying anime merch pre-air only for it to be terrible.
If they did animate all his bitchiness, it probably would have pissed me off either way having to sit through episodes of that. But who knows? Maybe it will get better after we get some girls and things possibly slow down.

I didn't say anything about my tastes in that post. I'll appreciate a "mature" show but if anything I tend to gravitate away from them.

>Literally say I don't put stock in appearances so that skin-deep veneers don't appeal to me.

>You care so much about appearing mature! It's all you care about!

Attached: reading_is_hard.png (500x500, 132K)

If she makes kaori jealous then yes.

CRINGE

>Literally say I don't put stock in appearances so that skin-deep veneers don't appeal to me.
>You care so much about appearing mature! It's all you care about!
translates to
>I say a statement
>He disagrees with my statement, he shouldn't disagree with my statement
Is this wrong?

AND BLUEPILLED XDDDD

google.com/search?q=excited nu wojak&client=firefox-b-d&channel=trow&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjLqbbguafjAhXGa7wKHW-YDpkQ_AUIECgB&biw=1133&bih=553#imgrc=_b-d&channel=trow&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjLqbbguafjAhXGa7wKHW-YDpkQ_AUIECgB&biw=1133&bih=553#imgrc=pRuZBtnYJq7CaM:

I mean yeah, you are wrong. I don't care how mature I appear and never claimed to. But I'm not going to claim a poorly written power fantasy battle harem with generic one-note characters is good just because it's got some edginess, and I'm going to judge people who do get taken in by it.

Don't try so hard to make people think you don't care about appearing mature, bro. It's okay if you do

Just kill yourself already you normalfag you are the minority here.

Oh no, it's another barrage of buzzwords and the classic "I'm not x BUT

Why does everything you post sound like it's copy pasted from reddit?

Please define words like [buzzwords], [classic], and [the] it's not clear what you mean at all and I'm just trying to understand you.

Hell if I know, maybe you spend too much time there and you're just getting confused?

Haha, I see what you're trying to do here, you're using my socratic method, snarkily implying(restating) that I was "just pretending to not understand what you were saying blah blah blah etc," which I already addressed before.

For [buzzwords], you already asked me that

>Lightning Clad
He's not even clad in the fucking lightning. How do you fuck this up when you had a novel and manga to draw from? Did someone just decide they knew better? Why does it look like the stock after effects lightning?

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 876K)

Maybe the people in charge hired incompetent but cheaper employees so they can have more the budget money for themselves

Please redefine it until I'm happy with it. That definition relies on "the" which we haven't defined to my satisfaction either. Hell that definition doesn't even match "edgy" which used to have somewhat positive connotations of being "bleeding edge" of art and doesn't rely on that meaning at all in its current usage.

Again, I already addressed your issues regarding my method

Have you seen how much they pay voice actors compared to animators in Japan? These nip faggots might as well make audiobooks instead of anime with how they spread their rescources, but they know that shit won’t make any money for their VA leeches that they suck off so much.

>Have you seen how much they pay voice actors compared to animators in Japan
That chart is so misleading as it compares the top 99th percentile of voice actor income (which doesn't even come directly from their pay as a voice actor usually but rather from other sources like album royalties) to the average income of other jobs.

Your method is stalling until the other person gives up, either out of frustration or necessity. You even explicitly avoided denying that.

You also avoid the fact that your definition of buzzword excludes the word you're trying to apply it to. You're trying to use it as a mental shortcut and bludgeon to attempt to get a "win." The only conclusion I can arrive at is that you should think more; maybe it isn't the word you want to be using?

They still pay animators jack shit even if that’s true.

There are different "stages" to a word's definition. Regarding the current usage of the word [edgy2]((slang) Cool by virtue of being tough, dark, or badass. quotations ▼), it's based on the [edgy1] that means just means [dark](hmm, I can't find this definition for "edgy anywhere") without having anything to do with looking cool, but then people started associating [dark] with [cool], leading some people to believe that they are the same or at least corelated-- these are the people that are called [edgy] or [edgelords], criticized for associating [dark] with [cool]. Then people started associating [edgy] with [associating [dark] with [cool]] and then because [dark] was associated with [edgy] and [edgy] is associated with [associating [dark] with [cool]], people began to think that [dark] and [associating [dark] with [cool]] is the same thing. Do you understand?

>Your method is stalling until the other person gives up, either out of frustration or necessity. You even explicitly avoided denying that.
>You also avoid the fact that your definition of buzzword excludes the word you're trying to apply it to. You're trying to use it as a mental shortcut and bludgeon to attempt to get a "win." The only conclusion I can arrive at is that you should think more; maybe it isn't the word you want to be using?
And how exactly does that help me achieve my goal which is to convince you to stop using buzzwords? What exactly do you think my "end goal" here is?

>What exactly do you think my "end goal" here is?
I've stated your goal for you already. Just keep digging at semantics to protect your ego. If you somehow "prove," by getting the last word, that I was "wrong" about something, anything, at any point, you can "safely" ignore everything I ever said. Your false magnanimity only cropped up later to make yourself feel better.

At some point I will go to bed and you'll conclude that that means you were right all along. Arifureta is good because edgy (which you're wrong on the origins of, did you pull that shit from urban dictionary?) doesn't mean anything even though everyone uses it consistently with the same concrete meaning. Therefore any criticism of from person who ever used the word edgy at any point is invalid.

Why are you responding to yourself? Just say “I don’t like thing” so we can all laugh at you instead of clinging on to your buzzwords that you think mean anything more than that.

I already said that I was pissed about buzzwords, right? That my goal is to make you stop using buzzwords and convey your thoughts better.
What does my ego have to do with any of that?

This is how a teenager thinks

Yeah I've read your posts. You started a moral crusade against buzzwords as soon as it became available to attempt shift the conversation away from Arifureta itself.

Well he likes Arifureta, he's certainly unlikely to be older than a teen.

Why are you responding to yourself?

Imagine if they paid book authors less than a school janitor and then had some famous 3dpd celebrity make audiobooks and make original headcanon content bullshit off of the original work and they paid her royalties and a much higher wage than the author for reading shit out and making up shit, that’s about as asinine as the anime industry works with animators and VAs.

>Yeah I've read your posts. You started a moral crusade against buzzwords as soon as it became available to attempt shift the conversation away from Arifureta itself
What does that have to do with protecting egos?

I don't know, what possibly could the connection be between and .

>it’s terrible because I don’t like it
Seems your ego is pretty attached to making everyone think it’s terrible. What’s the matter, not enough people watching your degenerate 3DPD western movies anymore Steinburg?

Was I defending the honour of something terrible that I like? When did I do that? Which posts? I don't recall ever saying anything about Arifureta other than that I like the novels, I haven't made any arguments regarding Arifureta at all. Nevertheless, all this stuff about egos and getting the last word have nothing important to do with anything.

After all this discussion, do you understand why you associate [edgy] with [bad]?

>the best things people can say about it are that the manga art is good and the girls are cute
>manga art is good but doesn't stand out
>Best character is a blonde loli vampire DO NOT STEAL

I like some things that are bad (hell, I read the novel because I tend to read web novels on my commute, and those are mostly trash), but I don't try and convince people that they're good. I like blonde loli vampires too. There isn't a line in the sand cleanly dividing "good" and "bad", there's a big grey area, but sometimes there are enough demerits and a lack of merits to a work that you can firmly place it in the shit pile.

You've spent an entire thread of posts arguing semantics in an attempt to invalidate a negative statement against arifureta.

>After all this discussion, do you understand why you associate [edgy] with [bad]?
Being edgy is a negative trait. Negative traits are bad. Bad things are bad. I associate bad things with "bad" because bad things are bad. Do you really need this explained to you? (No, you didn't, you were just stalling) If an anime did "edgy" well it wouldn't even be edgy anymore, it'd just be another seinen series.

AOTY easily no other show has made me laugh so hard

>You've spent an entire thread of posts arguing semantics in an attempt to invalidate a negative statement against arifureta.
No, that statement just happened to be against arifureta. That statement can be applied to anything else, it's not a critique that is unique to arifureta.

>being edgy is a negative trait.
You realize that you're just repeating yourself
>Bad is bad and that's final, you just have to accept it, waaaahh
Is what you're trying to say, right? I imagine you saying that with your eyebrows furrowed, mouth pouted, eye teary, arms crossed and jumping around lmao.

> Do you really need this explained to you? (No, you didn't, you were just stalling)
I kinda did, but more importantly, I wanted YOU to explain it to YOURSELF so you understand what you mean better but in the end you choose to stay stubborn and uncooperative, pretty sad.
I'll let you get the last reply so you can feel better about yourself.

I kinda did, but more importantly, I wanted YOU to explain it to YOURSELF so you understand what you mean better but in the end you choose to stay stubborn and uncooperative, pretty sad.
"I wanted you to stop disagreeing with me but you wouldn't, pretty sad."

>I'll let you get the last reply so you can feel better about yourself.
Got into argument with someone who sleeps later, couldn't "win" by stalling, threw fit.

>"I wanted you to stop disagreeing"
On what?

Sorry, I'll let you get the last reply this time but hurry up, the thread is in page 10

STFU fags, ruined half the thread with your arguing

Because the entire setup becomes irrelevant by that point while most of the starting exposition is invalidated by the end of the labyrinth.
Only thing that somewhat matters from what's in the manga so far is that the teacher and the "nice girl" exist

Why? Why are they invalidated?

It's not like anyone cares about this garbage adaptation.

Can't you see we're laughing at it?

hahahaha