What happened to the ecchi?

First Negima, now this. Is this going to be the newest trend in anime/manga? Taking a beloved ecchi series and turning it into battle shounen shit?

Attached: image3.jpg (1918x1400, 612K)

I'm pretty sure that Ken planned turning Negima into a battle shonen from the beginning.

Doesn't seem like it to me. It was just pure ecchi comedy. It only started all the battle shounen shit about halfway through.

>Doesn't seem like it to me
Check his afterwords in the volumes, he wanted to do a battle shounen all along, he started it as a love comedy because that's all publishers cared for when it came to Ken Akamatsu.

>It only started all the battle shounen shit about halfway through.
Wut? by Volume 13 it already was full battle shounen. Negima went on for 38 Volumes, and then he made UQ Holder with more battles.

Yeah, because normal ecchi series don't sell anymore ("Degenerate" ones like Elf-San, Tomo, Danberu etc. etc. DO sell though) while Shonenshit will always have a market if the story's done right.

He wanted to do battle shonen but the magazine wanted a rom-com, so he disguised it as one and gradually made it into his battle shonen.

Also, wathever is the OP trying to point out?
>First Negima, now this. Is this going to be the newest trend in anime/manga?
Negima was 16 years ago, how would it factor into a "new trend"?

what is the girl second from left looking at user

>nose not between her cheeks
What's the point?

Maken Ki should of stayed an ecchi school romcom.

what is 'this' show?

Boku no Pico

Imagine the vag stench would be all over that guy
He needs to take a second bath

It has had like 7 fucking battle shonen. They literally should have ended this shit when his master passed on. But they gotta milk this trash.

thanks bro, I hope crunchy has is dubbed! :)) I'd upvote you but dont know how lol XD

srsly though, my knowledge of ecchi is lacking, sauce?

Natsuyasumi.

Isn't this series in a shonen magazine?

It's true. He wanted to do a battle shounen but his editor wanted another Love Hina type harem. So he started a harem comedy and slowly turned it into a shounen battle manga. By the time the transformation was complete the manga was very popular. Smart. Stated by himself.

ecchi is pointless now that everyone has easy access to lewds of anime girls of the month

Yes. Why would that be an issue? Both To Love-ru and To Love-ru Darkness ran in shone manga, and they were far more extreme than this.

god forbid you faggots post the name of a title you are talking about in this thread

Too bad it was shit

Ignore them, it's Musaigen no Phantom World.

Sagiri-Hibari threesomes would be nice

Yeah, Yuragi runs in Jump.

It's called google you retarded faggot stop shitting up threads with your boomer tier understanding of the internet.

It's not an issue, I just can't believe people find it surprising that a shonen series in a shonen magazine does shonen shit.