Fucking JoJo

Is it me or is Stardust Crusaders, and most of JoJo's for that matter extremely overrated?

the introduction of stands ended up making all the fighting we saw before became completely obsolete while dragging out the combat, removing all tension. everyone ends up explaining their tactics/powers for half of the fucking fight, they handled it about as well as the Pokemon anime handles the same kind of exposition. the characters feel immensely more one dimensional than in parts 1&2 respectively, and the new JoJo has literally no personality beyond being an obnoxious, edgy douchebag, at least Joseph was charming alongside his more douchey qualities.

It felt like I was going to essentially watch "stand of the week" ad nauseum for the entire series. does it get any better? everyone seems to love Stardust Crusaders, do I just have shit taste? I usually go by the 3 episode rule with anime, but after I've finishing episode 5 I'm still immensely unimpressed

sorry for shit grammar, punctuation, spelling etc.

Attached: Jojo 1.png (1280x720, 801K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mcYecVs4OVs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: PicsArt_06-30-09.30.40.jpg (1445x1080, 387K)

Just skip to Egypt, or even Cairo. SC is shit until then.

Parts 1 and 6 are underrated, Parts 2 and 4 are overrated, and 3, 5, 7, and 8 are rated appropriately for how good or bad they are respectively.

when does that start? do stands and the combat In general ever get, ya know, not shit?

The writing gets better in the second half of Part 3 onwards.

Part 4 after kira gets better

Stardust Crusader is arguably the best part of Jojo to date. Every part after that was a desperate attempt by Araki to recapture the same magic of Part 3, but he never truly succeeded.

I don't feel it'll be worth watching to that point

>when does that start
Egypt is S2 of SC onwards. Cairo is episode 39. Pick based on how fed up with SC you are.
Fights get better. There are some decent ones towards the end of Part 3. For example the first "fight" if you can call it that in Cairo is the best of Part 3 imo.

Don't listen to this guy.

Every other part after part 3 handles the monster of the week formula better by having better fights, better minor villains and the plot surrounding the fights be more than "bad guy showed up".

Fucking kill yourself. Anyone who tells people to skip ahead is a massive fucking redditor and does not belong here. You might as well drop the series if you don't like it but skipping is the single most homosexual thing you can do.

>PicsArt_06-30-09.30.40.jpg

Knife party would be a better stand name don't
you think?

Bear with it. It slowly gets better

There's literally no one who would argue JoJo is deep.
Only people who haven't watched it think it's gay.
People consistently point out inconsistencies.
The main point of JoJo is to be fun and cool.

Attached: 1555267032274.png (1024x768, 780K)

Standust crusaders is where araki is still working out the kinks for stands and Part 3 is just a slog because all of the 2 episode arcs for each of the 21 or so stand users.
Part 4 is where he expands ideas for stands
Part 5 has great fights and great stands.
The monster of the week formula doesn't change, but araki gets better with fights.

Attached: 1538261884257.png (640x960, 921K)

>characters feel immensely more one dimensional than in parts 1&2

Attached: 1460750395907.jpg (194x260, 18K)

Attached: 1562322547129.png (238x225, 69K)

>anyone other than polnareff and joseph having more than one dimension
lmao

Really fucking annoys me that I have to share the oxygen I breathe with fucking subhumans such as these. Unironically jump off a fucking cliff, skip-tier niggers.

Attached: 1562309917178.jpg (225x301, 14K)

I liked Part 1.
I loved Part 2.
I almost half of Part 3 but I just don't give a fuck if there is a monster of the week formular. No motivation to watch more.
Can someone redpill me? I really enjoyed Part 2 and I want to like Jojo.

Iggy, Kakyoin, Hol Horse, Boingo, D'arby brothers, Mariah, etc.

People with hate for episodic should just remove themselves from the gene pool.

>part 1
kill evil vampire before he takes over the world and turns everyone into vampires
>part 2
destroy ancient supreme beings before they exterminate humanity
>part 3
kill evil vampire before he takes over the world and turns everyone into vampires, also muh mom
>part 4
hands as an eating utensil
>part 5
stop selling drugs to kids asshole
>part 6
kill dios boyfriend before he resets the universe
>part 7
muh legs
>part 8
muh fruit business

>muh fruit business
The brazillian banana empire is a real thing,even wars were fought over it.

Stardust Crusaders starts off very weak and it takes more than 3 episodes to get going. I continued to watch it as it gets 'comfy' and there's this feeling of being on a roadtrip with your pals. Also, I wanted to fuck Anne but she doesn't become a recurring character sadly.

You're absolutely right OP, but I do think it becomes something else after a few episodes, particularly in part 2.

Attached: 43199524_p0.jpg (800x841, 266K)

Stardust Crusaders anime is too stretched out, manga is faster to read and more comfy.
Also OVA DIO fight is better than the one from anime, apart from DIO's voice actor.

Part 3 is famously underwhelming. It's the first one to introduce stands, that's why it is so immensely popular, but the thing is that it has unoriginal villains with boring fights that seem to drag on for forever. There are some fights that are amazing though, which foreshadows how good will the next parts be, but for the most part SC is just Araki trying to figure out how the fuck do stands work.

JoJo is a prime example of style over substance.
It's a franchise for anime/manga hipsters.

Your mother is a redditor and your father got a tumblr with his gay fanfiction. Most of the part three is a worthless slog.

JoJo is very entertaining at times, but it also can be ubearably bad.

Truth is nothing is really good objectively when it comes to anime and it's all subjective.

The most popular ones just have traits that are more widely liked for various reasons.

It's the same reason most of you don't get laid you subjectively just don't have features that are widely considered attractive.

Attached: d4souqg-5e79d288-9bc5-4560-9d71-ea8ba9dd5c19.png (300x168, 74K)

>only people who have not watched it think it's gay.

This nigger is literally wearing a pink jump suit with a large heart shaped opening on his chest accented by lady bugs on both his nipples and bellybutton topping it of with hair that resembles 3 cannoli.

It's pretty fucking gay at times

Also fucking this
youtube.com/watch?v=mcYecVs4OVs

Attached: .png (911x510, 519K)

Style is substance.

>pink jump suit with a large heart shaped opening on his chest accented by lady bugs on both his nipples and bellybutton topping it of with hair that resembles 3 cannoli.
That's not gay. This is gay.

Attached: wrMMfgm.gif (383x215, 1.63M)

This is gay.

Attached: 1458813372475.jpg (635x900, 394K)

Calm down incel

Keep crying

I don't hate Jojo, but I do not understand the hype.
For me personally, the thing bothering me the most is the characters need to explain or verbally analyze everything for the reader/viewer.
Not only does this make them seem stupid it also leaves no room for interpretation or deeper meanings and such.

No. People tried this many times, but it never really worked out, at least not objectively.
You can make successful products that way, but not particularly good ones, since other qualities take a back seat behind style.
Doesn't matter it's Apple, Jojo or vidya.

Except jojo is great and vidya is not one product.

> characters need to explain or verbally analyze everything for the reader/viewer.
Oh it's your first anime, lurk moar.

The dialogue in Jojo is ridiculous. Here's a sample from the fight with Rohan:
>Josuke comes out
>Rohan: So you've come out
>Koichi: It's not that he came out, but he was basically dragged out.
Yeah, we can see it
>Josuke closes his eyes
>Rohan: Ah... That's rather childish and simple, but it might be quite effective. This room is small, and there's nowhere to run. If you can defeat me in a single blow, Heaven's Door will disappear, and Okuyasu won't commit suicide
I guess it was a good move after all. I'm glad he explai...
>Koichi: Closing his eyes is pretty simple, but it might be a good idea. As long as he doesn't see the manuscript, Heaven's Door is powerless. Just come charging straight in like that!
Yeah, the other guy just said the same thing

Jojo is full of meaningless dialogue, clunky explanations, shoehorned statements and all that good stuff. If someone is looking for some fast-paced actions this series is not one to recommend.

Don't even get me started on the actual combat, when often it looks like every character moves at less than a mile per hour. They will be standing 10 feet of each other and then they'll say "He's out of my range! I can't get him! Somebody do something! If he does the thing he was planning to do we'll be in trouble!' while the other guy gets away. The worst offender is, of course, Jotaro and Dio with their 20 paragraphs long monologues they say when the time's stopped, and they'll say that the guy 5 metres ahead of them is out of range.

You can see clear as day that in a battle like Josuke vs Kira, which was supposed to be the climax of the season, the stupid things they just have to say so the viewers don't have to see anything on their own get in the way of their fight. Like the Stray Cat's bubble have to move an inch a second just because Hayato, Josuke and Kira have to say 3 lines each.

Jojo action tends to be slow-paced. Characters just have to explain what they're thinking each time, there's no subtlety.

Attached: 1458708889585.jpg (426x316, 58K)

>Stardust Crusaders
Yes. It is overrated as fuck, solely carried by D'arby and DIO.
>And most of Jojo's
Wrong. Every other part is amazing.

>Part 4
>Overrated
>While having Kira in it.
LOL. How about no?

Kira is overrated too.

Which D'Arby?

Kira is literally the only good antagonist of Part 4, and he gets way too much hype for a guy who only actually shows up halfway through the part and only makes up around a quarter of the content.
The part is literally carried by Rohan as the other 3 protagonists are kind of garbage compared to other JoJo's protags

You are overrated, faggot

>but for the most part SC is just Araki trying to figure out how the fuck do stands work
He still hasn't though.

Attached: 1530992859028.jpg (494x366, 57K)

I mean maybe if it does something for you and you take that as it being gay then sure. I didn't get a boner reading jojo but then again I'm not gay.

Jojo is also great because it's stood the test of time. Stands became formulaic but that formula has made jojo stay consistently good.But yea we recognize the plotholes and shit. And once Steel Ball went monthly it's a whole other tier that you faggots don't seem to know about.

>watching anime

>style over substance
>for anime/manga hipsters.

what sux is no one thought this before the 2012 anime. Yea Forums has had jojo banners for like a decade for godsakes. But it's not a underrated manga anymore

Yea he basically outed himself as a hamon fag. He probably only likes Episode 4. A new Hope and refereces to it as "star Wars"

>Jojo action tends to be slow-paced. Characters just have to explain what they're thinking each time, there's no subtlety.

araki gets better at that with each part but jojo is at it's worst when everything needs to be explained constantly. part 2 was fucking awful and any retard that thinks otherwise needs to re-read the acdc fight or kars falling for 30 minutes. Highway Star was the peak of part 4 because it avoided all this shit. part 3 was irredeemable trash because araki was still hashing out stands so he felt compelled to explain even more than normal.

>Highway Star was the peak of part 4 because it avoided all this shit
Explain the house in the tunnel?

>Explain the house in the tunnel?

what's there to explain? it was bizarre

Explaining is part of the charm. I think jojo is just not for you.

It is never used or brought up in any fashion ever again.

Jojo is the most intelligent shounen ever written. Can you name a better shounen than this? The answer is no, you can't. The fight scenes are so much better than any other shounen fights. These fight scenes are written with brain and intelligence. They're very original fight scenes and don't follow a traditional fight scene formula in any way. Dragon Ball can go fuck itself. Also, the JoJo fanbase are some of the nicest and most intelligent people you will meet on the internet. We just want to have fun and share our fun little memes. I want to marry Araki, but that's muda for me unfortunately.

>It is never used or brought up in any fashion ever again.

And? If you're trying to make a point state it clearly.

So when is the Finale?

nice argument you brainless retard.

Highway Star is a mess like most Jojo fights and doesn't even make up for it by being cool.

I completely agree OP. I was actually a JoJo fan for a while, but then I realized it was style over substance bullshit that I didn't even enjoy that much half of the time. There's stuff I like about it, but the fanbase needs to stop treating the series like it's the second coming of christ. I feel like it's going to have a similar fate to Rick and Morty.

redditors hate skipping parts just as much as Yea Forums does. calm down, sperg

>Highway Star is a mess like most Jojo fights

It's not. The room had nothing to do with the fight other than giving the protagonist motivation. The actual fight was a speed ripoff on a motorcycle with Josuke flexing his best traits. The midfight exposition bombs were pretty much avoided

Blessed post.

>jojo is shallow storywise
Does anyone even like Jojo for its "depth"?
I always took it for granted that people appreciate it as a stylishly schlocky shounen funride.

I've heard people praise it for pretty stupid reasons

You don't watch/read Jojo for depth or logic, not that it doesn't have its moments. It's just cool, fun, and pretty.

Attached: 1562349275352.png (1920x1080, 2.38M)

Only Fujos who have fanfics and real jojo confused in their brain.

Kek

t. redditor

>SBR
It has its own problems. It's no different from any other part. The only thing it has over the other parts are character moments, which are rarely built upon and better, more consistent art.

Attached: 1534082268993.jpg (153x349, 33K)

Oh yea it's not perfect. Nothing is. But I appreciate that after so many years a author/artist
can still evolve rather than a flash in the pan manga that runs out of steam like Blech

Attached: hair.webm (640x360, 2.93M)

Is it so wrong to enjoy and love Jojo for what it is?

Yes, obviously.