Just saw pic related and EoE with my 49 year old father and brother...

Just saw pic related and EoE with my 49 year old father and brother. I’ll answer questions regarding their reaction in the thread.

>originally saw it all when I was 13-14
>never so much as mentioned the show at any point
>March 27th, 2019 A.D.
>brother who’s into Akira, GitS, and Fullmetal Alchemist
>”Hey user, Neon Genesis Evangelion is coming to Netflix.”
>”That’s cool.”
>”It’s apparently SUPER popular in Japan and I want to see it.”
>he shows my pops
>”That looks interesting we can watch it together.”
>he usually watches anime classics together with him
>warn them that the show goes full wack unlike anything you’ve seen
>use Akira as the standard and tell them the events in the show will exceed it by 10x
>we start
>get all the way up to episode 08
>”When is this going to get crazy?”
>reassure them to keep watching
>they make fun of me for being so gunho on how crazy it gets
>keep going and reiterate my point all throughout our viewing of the show
>get to episode 24, 25, and 26
>brother is dumbstruck but just wants to see it finish
>dad is visibly confused and dumbfounded and what the hell he’s just seen
>”That’s not the ending right? What the HECK was that!?”
>”My rating of the show would be a solid 8/10 but just because of that it’s just dropped to a 5/10!”
>said the only redeeming factor about the ending was finally seeing Shinji mature and grow up
>and that it was touching to see him finally be happy
>tell them we still have the movie to go through and explain the context of the financial problems behind the show and Hideaki Anno at the time

Cont’d

Attached: 75964B35-8350-4BED-82D8-BF906A705A96.jpg (1200x800, 215K)

Movie time.

>watch EoE all the way through
>dad’s immediate reaction:
>”That is the biggest piece of trash I have ever seen in my life, it feels like the front of my brain is just empty dude. The pedo Japanese dude who directed this has gotta be a pervert that just want to make an avant garde arthouse film with junior-high girl’s breasts hanging out.”
>”And what was that with Misato wanting get with Shinji? Duuuuuude, this movie is freakadoo and it was made by a freakadoo. It has no redeeming qualities WHATSOEVER!”
>talk with him a bit about it
>”Sure there are moving and emotional parts with it like the music and the struggle the characters go through, I thought we were going to see Shinji actually end his journey but he goes and wacks off in the hospital to his injured friend and THEN tries to kill her at the end!”
>”Shinji is a straight up perverted psycho dude, and so is the director. No wonder he got all those death threats.”
>brother’s immediate response:
>”I call it, ‘Bold and Brash.”
>calls it trash multiple times but still sees the depth it has and is interested in analyzing it

One more thing.
I asked them if they were to pick one chick from the show to wife who would they pick?
They both picked Rei. “Because she’s the only normal one.”

>“Because she’s the only normal one.”
this is why you don't watch anime with normies

I love Illya!

Attached: 1550952233009.png (611x1200, 690K)

>Rei is normal
What? Did he miss the part where she's some godlike soulless piece of a larger entity? Your faggot dad is retarded.

>>tell them we still have the movie to go through and explain the context of the financial problems behind the show and Hideaki Anno at the time
but the tv ending wasnt due to financial issues

I knew it was a case of chronic faggotry the moment he complained about Misato wanting to fuck Shinji.

Meant for

I watched episodes 22 and 23 with my dad and all he had to say was “no wonder the Japs are all fucked up.” If only he watched EoE

Attached: nb.png (500x375, 186K)

Based dad, calling trash like it is. EoE is garbage.

I just now finished rewatching it after ten plus years. I watched the last 4 episodes of the TV series last night. I don't know why but I genuinely liked the TV ending, which is odd, since I don't recall thinking that when I was 15.

My friend who is a casual anime watcher said the exact same things that your dad did, we are going to get together to discuss eva over some beers after I finish rewatching it.

>Just saw pic related and EoE with my 49 year old father and brother.

Why is your Father also your brother?

Consider filtering your dad because he’s a fucking pleb

> Just saw pic related and EoE with my 49 year old father and brother.

Why are your Father and your Brother both 49 years old?

Your dad just BTFO'd every Eva fag on this board holy shit.
>B-BUT IT'S DEEEEEEEEEEEEP
It's not. Anno made it up as he went along and scrapped the original plot because of the sarin attacks, the "depth" Eva fags speak of is an illusion created by a time crunch in the production of the series.

Did you watch it subbed or dubbed?

upvoted

downvoted

Nice blog

Attached: 1.png (336x280, 96K)

Retard here. Just watched NGE with a mate and now we don't know what to do.
Do we watch EoE or do Evangelion Death (True)² before EoE?

Rewatched Eva+EoE with my parents over Christmas, mom really liked the TV ending ("It was really bold to focus on the metaphysical") while dad thought it was too repetitive ("So much dialogue gets repeated near verbatim from leliel ep to zeruel ep to the final 2 eps, they could have resolved that more quickly and left room to finish the story or talk about Asuka/Misato"). They both liked EoE, but dad wished it was resolved with more clear evidence Shinji had changed ("Otherwise the story was pointless").
Interestingly, neither of them had major hang-ups over the hospital or strangulation scenes. In fact they were both pretty quick to forgive or at least empathize with his behavior even if it was bad. Hell dad went as far as arguing that it wasn't very different from jerking off to a photo in a different room if he didn't touch her.

If I had a brother who liked Full Shit Alchemist, I'd move out instantly.

>binge watched it with my older brother I haven't seen in a couple of years
>he liked it
>I liked it

Just go ahead and watch EoE. Death & Rebirth is just a 1 hour retelling of the series with a couple of new scenes.

Meant for

Cheers lad.

read them this and they will understand

Attached: FeW73.png (657x3213, 326K)

man i just wish you showed them the sub.

what did death and rebirth add?

You grew up

t. 49 yo dad

Now compare that with my dad, who watched End of Eva when it first aired in this country whilst

What were the original idea's before the sarin gas attack?

As far as I know basically what happens in the first half of EoE with selee attacking nerv and trying to bring about the end of the world.
The parallels with the religious para-military organization behind the gas attack that also wanted to bring about the end of the world probably made everyone feel iffy, hence why we ended up with basically no narrative contest for ep 25-26.

How do you guys manage to get through magmamizer without second hand embarrassment when watching it with other people

oh whats this?