Kanata no Astra

>remove the scene from chapter 2 showing Aries coming up with the jumping from planet to planet plan
>replace it with the character introductions that happen in the very next chapter anyway
>the animeonly handholding outside the airlock scene
How much more are they going to fuck up this adaptation? Why are they doing my girl Aries dirty like this?

Attached: 1506616661823.jpg (1390x1050, 934K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7TRdx2tbUFI
youtu.be/IQz80Lp59yw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>47min episode

Attached: 1505695851633.png (756x715, 889K)

The adaptation has been great for the first episode. These two problems doesn't ruin anything.

I'm hoping they're all this long. Hoping for full adaptation, actually.

Only the first episode is double-length.

It wasn't a very long manga, I think they can do a full adaptation in one cour without any more extra-length episodes.

>>the animeonly handholding outside the airlock scene
What happened in the manga?

Kanata reached Aries with the rope. The anime made it more dramatic.

literally just grabs the rope again
I think it was more of a "spell it out for the audience that they are working as a team" thing but yeah

Attached: 9823750983547.png (967x369, 264K)

Who cares, lol.

Well him letting go of the rope in that self sacrificing fashion only for the rope to be right by him when they are going back is a bit deflating.

Attached: Astra Lost in Space - c001 (v01) - p055 [Digital] [LuCaZ].jpg (1400x2100, 1.29M)

Why is the first episode 1h long?

Attached: ?.png (297x295, 3K)

But how are they gonna restock the fuel?

Why not?

So that it ends after establishing the central premise, not just with them floating in space.

It's unusual. It bothers me. It scares me.

The one-line explanation of this in the anime is admittedly pretty shit. It's basically an Alcubierre drive.

Attached: 9870952930659.png (332x303, 91K)

>that last part
Does that mean that for the crew the flight would be instantaneous?

What the fuck was this guy thinking?

Attached: this nigga.jpg (855x811, 122K)

He clearly doesn't have an IQ of 200.

How much is the anime like pic related? Spoil me.
Is it really just a school made test?

Attached: theywereeleven33.jpg (704x482, 68K)

No, they simply don't experience time dilation. Thus, the time flow they experience is the same as that of any stationary object on Earth.

I think it's safe to assume that there is some practical limit on how high they can raise the cosmological constant of the ship, though.
READ THE MANGA

Reminded me of this. Time to rewatch, I guess.

Attached: uninhabited-planet-survive.jpg (300x401, 60K)

Why couldn't the 200IQ guy just fly the ship to rescue Aries? Can it only cover large distance at a time?

>The adaptation has been great for the first episode. These two problems doesn't ruin anything.

At least it shows Aries she's competent and not just a ditzy airhead

Rewatched this the other week; it still holds up.

They had only just arrived on the ship and didn't know if the engine was even functional.

Their ship looks Stellaris as fuck.

I really like the character designs lads. Am I the only one?

Nah, I've fallen for Aries and brown tsun Quitterie

What nationality are Aries and the sisters supposed to be?

I'd take her sister in that case.

I'll say Aries is Nip and the sisters either future France/Italy, the browner version.

minor spoilers for probably next episode
Funicia is adopted.

>Aries Spring
>Japanese

No.

Attached: slut.png (739x581, 635K)

My bad. I thought she was american too but I'll go with something more european, maybe Scottish

>2060s
>implying globalization hasn't taken its natural course and homogenized everything

I'll just leave this here.

Attached: 889740987356.png (1067x1027, 1.06M)

>137cm
>157cm

Imagine sisters are too good.

Attached: 1534423316236.png (1200x764, 168K)

Does the manga have fanservice?

Wait: Aries becomes a singer at the end?

This will be another show I can't watch with Yea Forums because spoilers.

See you in every other thread.

>caring about spoilers

It's a pretty needlessly roundabout way of killing off illegal clones.

>Luca did you ever see Prometheus
>Pfft no.

And still somehow I feel like the dumb one for having seen Prometheus

It's really important that people start drawing her naked.

Attached: Astra - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_47.27_[2019.07.04_03.36.51].jpg (1280x720, 110K)

Her seiyuu makes my peepee the big peepee

Based Hayamin

Attached: yunhua.jpg (622x625, 106K)

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kanata no Astra - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_12.17.130.png (1280x720, 1.17M)

How many times is this shot going to be posted?

Not enough times

Does this manga have fanservice?

Love how Quity showed how directions other than forward and backward dont exist in space as she was trying to explain which directions to go to get back to the ship.

As many times as it takes

Attached: Astra - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_12.18_[2019.07.04_02.48.34].jpg (1280x720, 66K)

Danger, Will Robinson!

>mfw What the fuck do you mean by planet Earth you crazy bitch?

Attached: 1537911770083.jpg (239x635, 63K)

I liked it, but
>2 liters/day (recommended)
>20 days
>9 people
>360 liters for 20 days
>95 gallons
Are you telling me that a starship capable of traveling 5000 light years with a crew of nine can't carry more than 95 gallons of water, or that these future kids can't figure out some way to store it besides the main tank?

Attached: 77875423656.jpg (1372x772, 81K)

this anime/manga is badly written. If they know those 5 planets have edible flora and fauna. Does that not mean that someone would have been there before and have been researching the planet?

I finished the manga just now, and without spoiling anything, I'll say I'm mind blown by how awesome it is.

Definitely worth checking out if you haven'tyet!

We don't know how far the ship was INTENDED to go and what it's intended crew size was. If it was meant to have a crew of four that's over a month of provisions

Just because it has food and water doesn't mean they're inhabited, we're probably looking at twigs and berries

You know instead of thinking you guys GOT THEM maybe actually wait to learn what's actually happening. I swear everyone is so quick to pat themselves on the back.

It's the ship's databse. They don't know who made it.

I don't think you're getting what I'm saying.
They're making it sound like it's a physical impossibility to carry that much water, either by ship design or their own inability to design a container. I was questioning if this was the implication.
Not even questioning anything until all the facts are laid out is a dreadfully passive way of approaching entertainment in my opinion, but if that's how you prefer it, more power to you.

>guy

>OTP is established from the get-go
Nice. Also this show looks great, when did Lerche get so good?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kanata no Astra - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_17.46_[2019.07.04_22.29.27].jpg (1280x720, 371K)

>or their own inability to design a container.

WITH WHAT!? The only thing they have is whats on them.

What if I told you that there's a better one coming up?
And don't worry, it doesn't disrupt this one.

>WITH WHAT!? The only thing they have is whats on them
>whats on them
You mean an absolutely airtight suit?
Yeah, there's no way that could come in useful at all.

I liked the low-key romance with the female MC and the not-so-edgy dude.

I certainly dont mind multiple OTPs

>another show with multiple OTPs
I live for these shows.

Attached: CyclopsYesPillow.png (500x500, 205K)

So they're gonna take off their space suits that they need to live to use as a cup.

Is it gay?

no

I'm speculating here, but I'm guessing not every single one of them needs to leave the ship at once when they get to their destinations, except for dramatic reasons. Each suit can hold 10-11 gallons.
Plus, have they tried to scavenge the ship at all? How many things in this picture could potentially be used as a container?
It's just seems that, with a leader talking big about his 'survival tips', maybe he'd at least want to try MacGyvering it a little.

Attached: 986756474634.jpg (1372x772, 120K)

The more the merrier. Also:

>47 minute episode that felt like 10
>One week till next ep
>The other eps will be normal length
JUST fuck my shit up

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kanata no Astra - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_30.21_[2019.07.04_23.17.06].jpg (1280x720, 359K)

>Each suit can hold 10-11 gallons.
And what if there's an emergency? They only have those suits. They won't have time to drain a suit if they need to bail quickly.

>Plus, have they tried to scavenge the ship at all?
We literally say they didn't. They only just got on board and had to make a quick rescue and hash out their vague plans. They don't know what they have. Did you not pay any attention?

The OP already show who are the OTPs anyway

>And what if there's an emergency?
If they need to abandon the ship and bail quickly into an environment where they need suits, it's likely all over anyway.
>They don't know what they have. Did you not pay any attention?
I guess not. I just presumed that this bright bunch of kids from the future might have at least split up and looked through the ship for like 10 minutes or so before committing everyone to their system-to-system survival plan and engaging a course. I guess that was asking too much.

Attached: 896876533467.jpg (1372x772, 98K)

>I guess that was asking too much.
He said without the simple ability to so much pay attention. The first thing you always do is hunker down, put your heads together and come up with a plan with what you KNOW you have. If they find shit they can use later that's all the better but they needed to get squared away ASAP and not dawdle enough to let panic settle in.

>If they find shit they can use later that's all the better but they needed to get squared away ASAP and not dawdle enough to let panic settle in.
So you're saying a 5-10 minute delay on a 20 day trip could be disastrous and that they had to set a course without delay?
That survival mindset that you're defending might be good enough for anime kids, but not for anyone who actually wants to maximize their own lifespan.

Attached: 876465543756.png (805x1075, 222K)

>'Oh the winch cable is a few meters short. It would be a bit dangerous to grab the cable again since that thing will be flying all over the place'
>'Well the apparatus is portable so they could just bring it out a bit to get him over to her, then using the fuel reserves from the seven of them, slowly pull the winch back into the ship and turn it on'
>my face when the next several minutes of dumb fucking decisions starting with him unclasping himself from the cable

I have never 360'd on a show so hard. Everything from that point on was so dumb, and not in a 'haha dumb teenagers' way.
>This isn't McPa
Gee no fucking shit sherlock. We could see, with our eyes, that this was a different planet.
>This might be a test and we're actually over McPa!
WE CAN SEE, WITH OUR EYES, THAT THIS IS A DIFFERENT PLANET.
>Brown older sister grabs Aries right hand with her left hand in a completely unnatural way except to set up the hand holding circle she didn't know was about to happen
>What if we jump between planets with workable food and water!
Yeah but what are the chances of that happening in the middle of fucking space. Oh there's a convenient chain of planets for them to follow? Well then fuck me I guess. Not like this is the deep expanse of space.

I love the presentation and setting and situation of the show, but these dumb fucking kids with their elementary school level problem solving skills are going to be the end of me.

Attached: donald.jpg (381x315, 41K)

Are not they all first-timers in space? I would roll-eyes if they had the attitude and decison-making of veteran astronauts.

It was a thought I had, but then we had the "200IQ Genius" guy who had a spaceship piloting license. In addition to good problem solving skills that come with the IQ he should have at least some knowledge on how space works. Both him and sasuke knew enough to let your inertia do the work while in space and calculate the angles of approach needed to move around. Less than a space problem, the issues I had were with their unnatural ways of getting to the solution of what would be simple logic problems.

Attached: cat i'm a kitty cat.gif (500x375, 437K)

Damn Ulgar is a manlet

Im saying that unless they find something they can actually rally behind, FAST, they're never gonna have the wherewithal to do anything else.

>but then we had the "200IQ Genius" guy who had a spaceship piloting license

Who still had ZERO crisis training, R-tard.

Crisis training would certainly help in coming to grips with your situation quickly, but they all seemed to be taking the situation quite well which made it hard to believe that their decisions were being rushed. If your cable is a few meters short then the first thought is either to bring the winch out or try to extend yourself somehow, not ditch the winch and completely forget about it. If you visually see that the planet is not the one you were on before, it makes sense to come to the conclusion that it's not the planet you were at before; it does not make sense that the first thought that disqualifies the teachers from orchestrating the entire thing, and that the planet you were orbiting was actually McPa, was that you would have been in trouble if your helmet wasn't on when you could see that the planet is not McPa; it does not make sense that you would think of daisy-chaining planets that conveniently have food and water supplies you can salvage because you all held hands. Most people would not think of that with any kind of speed because of how implausible it is.

Who the fuck uses R-tard?

Attached: tumblr_inline_noxgatR5oM1qkiump_500.gif (499x281, 1.73M)

To be fair Prometheus was on a dangerous alien planet they knew nothing about. This was supposed to be a completely safe park. And most of them still left their helmets on which is already better than Prometheus.

They have FTL so it makes perfect sense that they researched nearby stars with probes. They can do 5,000 light years in 3 months which is pretty crazy.

Do you even understand how things in space work?

ISS is moving at 7.8 km/second. That's fucking 17,000 mph. Everything in orbit moves at insane speeds. A tiny mistake and you are completely fucked.

You are expecting kids in a stressful situation to work 100% rational and make perfect decisions?

spotted the pedo

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kanata no Astra - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_24.24_[2019.07.05_10.43.50].jpg (1920x1080, 200K)

Can't blame him.

Attached: loli02.png (259x581, 296K)

Seriously this goes WELL beyond keeping still if you're lost in the woods. They where off by like a foot and it nearly lead to their deaths

I just read the manga after watching the firstt episode.
Holy shit those twists, I wish never read it so I could discover them as an animeonly.

See now I feel like even know there are twists is kind of a spoiler.

Music for this show.
youtube.com/watch?v=7TRdx2tbUFI

That's his luggage, alright.

As an animeonly you'd just be spoiled sooner or later

this loli is beyond sexy
she knows exactly what she was doing with that decorative skirt

>52 episodes
how much is filler, and is it episodic or does every episode connect to an overarching story

Should I watch this movie or read the manga

>how much is filler,

Less than you'd think.

She's wonderful.

Attached: 73fb7a72d9e076f95741b897c1967343.jpg (970x1373, 327K)

This loli ass will be my end.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kanata no Astra - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_30.31.812.png (1280x720, 1.63M)

animeonly friends please do not read this spoiler you will regret it
mangafriends, how are they going to explain the traitor being right here during the rescue when he explains that he uses this opportunity to cut the comms? In the manga there are some panels showing an incorrect number of people standing in the airlock during the rescue. Everytime they show the people in the airlock in the anime the traitor is standing with them

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kanata no Astra - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_30.29.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

>That Yun

I really hope that loli artists are already drawing her.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kanata no Astra - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_36.24.849.png (1280x720, 1.19M)

>the loli would be mass produced by her "mother" if weren't the bullshit law

Yun a fat!

Attached: 928734623568.png (945x564, 446K)

Rude.

>she knows exactly what she was doing

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kanata no Astra - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_06.23_[2019.07.04_18.52.04].png (1280x720, 1.06M)

Attached: 0015-022.jpg (1067x1600, 167K)

I'd crust her quitteries, if you know what I mean.

Preview for the next episode
youtu.be/IQz80Lp59yw

Among the girls she has the best looking space suit. As for the boys I like Kanata's space suit best.

Attached: 0016-020.jpg (1067x1600, 216K)

Wow I can't believe Kanata committed sudoku.

>half a minute
>all those wonderful Funicia faces already

I'm going to love this show.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kanata no Astra - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_41.27.068.png (1280x720, 1.16M)

Attached: 0019-003.jpg (1067x1600, 125K)

No bikini Yun?

What did they mean by this?

Attached: arrow.jpg (298x498, 81K)

>"Please take a look at dat ass"

Is this like Then they were eleven? I liked that one.

Space gyarus are too good.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kanata no Astra - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_09.13.277.png (1280x720, 1.18M)