POLYGON IS DOING THE PACIFIC RIM ANIME

>POLYGON IS DOING THE PACIFIC RIM ANIME

OH NO NO NO
ign.com/articles/2019/07/04/netflixs-pacific-rim-anime-is-coming-in-2020-confirmed-for-two-seasons?sf104920783=1

Attached: D-aKOImXYAAGkbX.jpg (1199x740, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygon_Pictures
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>make a video game cutscene
>call it anime

Why do they do this?

Sweet. Think they can get Ramin Djawadi to work on the soundtrack too?

fucking Yea Forums niggers

Attached: 1551025923105.jpg (201x251, 7K)

I think its Yea Forums

Who cares? Pacific Rim has been dead since Guillermo del Toro abandoned ship.

>anything Pacific Rim after the first one
Good joke

Attached: 1561890792177.png (364x565, 31K)

Who the fuck even cares about Pacific Rim anymore

Who?

Mediocre live-action rip off of NGE will be adapted into an anime so it will lose the only thing that distinguished it from other pieces of entertainment.
Cool.

Who?

these

I fucking hate the chink propaganda it became.

goddamn don't remind me of Uprising
it even managed to be more infuriating than Independence Day 2

polygon? isn't that a gaming journalist or something?

The what now?

The same thing will happen to Legendary's godzilla after the sure flop that will be GvsK.
What a shame.

Just finish Sidonia S3 goddammit.

Attached: im_growing_a_vagina_for_this.jpg (1280x720, 32K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygon_Pictures

Pacific Rim had like 1 good fight. The movie offered nothing else.

>Western production company funding and outsourcing 3DCG of a western IP for a western audience on a western website
>Call it anime because Japan was involved in one step, even though it's not even drawn animation.
Peter Jackson's Hobbit trilogy is probably considered anime under criteria this loose.

So Sidonia and Blame are not animes?

Attached: no thanks.gif (268x295, 493K)

Remember when Yea Forums crossboarders at least tried to pretend to not be from Yea Forums?

>Polygon
STOP WITH THAT MEME STUDIO ALL OF THEIR ANIME LOOK LIKE ABSOLUTE DOGSHIT LITERALLY PS2 GAME WITH CHOPPY FRAMERATE TIER

No

It's one of the only movies that have robots with actual weight.

OP sucks cocks but is this Polygon bad? I liked the first movie and I was interested when an anime was announced.

>anything pacific rim after the first film

Attached: 4150E7E5-36C7-446D-B9D4-530FDCEA51F6.jpg (400x285, 9K)

godzilla trilogy and knights of sidonia bro

That doesn't automatically make it good

I hope people are calling OP Yea Forums because of the IGN article and not because they they think that Polygon is referring to the game website instead of the studio

What would make it good in your opinion? "Muh fights"?

Hey the kits from uprising are pretty good.

Decent characters and dialogue

A good story, dialogue, acting, action (for an action oriented film). Anything else in the movie actually being better than "okay"

>watching films for the characters and dialogue
>watching films for the story, dialogue and acting
Your opinions are worthless.

Attached: saitama-png-12.png (400x300, 73K)

I've only ever watched the first movie. Is the second any good or did it go to shit?

Attached: 412B9217-88D9-4BCB-9786-B84B7EA3B27C.jpg (704x521, 47K)

NOT ANIME
WHO CARES

It went to total shit. Killed off the Japanese girl because the Chinese audiences wanted her to die.

I never did see the second movie of this

producers kicked del toro out of it and gave the seat to a guy with no directing credits other than some tv episodes and put him at the mercy of chinese investors

Also, Fist of the Blue Sky

Ajin too

>pandering to chinese audiences
Why do directors do this? I remember Transformers having some pretty heavy chink propaganda in the fourth movie too. And for that franchise it's gotten even worse, since there's now a full-fledged animated series being produced in China.

Attached: A7DB7716-0F92-46CE-B964-EC4EADAD896D.png (773x1136, 709K)

>Why do directors do this?

A billion people that go to the movies solely for as much explosive CGI action as can possibly be crammed into a 2hr window.

Who cares when the film is trash?

Isn't that basically Evangelion 2?

>OH NO NO NO
Kill yourself.

The worst part is that Chinese audiences hate American movies and just go because they have nothing better to do that weekend. They always go for Chinese knockoff movies when they can. So basically, Hollywood is being taken over by Chinks and will soon be digested by the CCP.

>Hollywood is being taken over by Chinks
And nothing of value was lost

Attached: 1523903826094.jpg (653x477, 42K)

Well, if that happens then RIP American culture. We want to take Hollywood back from the communists, not just hand it over to them officially.

>American culture
Lol.