Dear Yea Forums

Daily reminder Yea Forums Otaku means someone who stays at home and is obsessed in their own hobbies and interest to the point where it ruins their social skills and they have no love life or social life. If you are a fan of anime manga or Japanese culture but have popper social skills and are well socially adjusted you're not an otaku being an otaku is not the same as being a normalfag anime fan.

Attached: Takumi-Nishijō.png (1280x720, 737K)

wrong

>wrong

Not an argument.

>have popper social skills and are well socially adjusted
you need to leave

>you need to leave

No i dont i dont have a social life or a love life and my social skills are shit.

>you need to leave

no you.

>Not an argument
He wasnt trying to argue, he was just letting you know

that fucking dumbell anime is bringing in /fit/ normiescum

You do realise that when words are brought into other languages they often change meaning right? And that's exactly what has happened with the word "Otaku"

>that fucking dumbell anime is bringing in /fit/ normiescum

I know right.

This man gets it

Attached: 2019.png (1212x844, 160K)

lose weight

>be somewhat respectable guy in real life
>full-blown otaku on the internet
>somehow ended up with a gig where I guide a delegation of Japanese people once a year in my town
>it's a group of middle schoolers and some teachers
>mfw I get a glimpse into the life of a Japanese middle schooler, if only for half a day once a year

I try to make their stay as comfy as possible.

Attached: 1431122066415.png (1001x823, 806K)

It isn't though, this scum has always been here

>You do realise that when words are brought into other languages they often change meaning right? And that's exactly what has happened with the word "Otaku"

It still means the same thing in the west although the difference between Japan and the west is that in Japan it is a negative thing but in the west it is more of a positive thing and in more recent years Japan has been adopting the western version and seeing it as a more positive thing.

/fit/ has been watching anime since before you could even type on a keyboard.

>/fit/ has been watching anime since before you could even type on a keyboard.

Chads should be banned from watching anime.

I wouldn't say so, often in the west the word just means "a fan of Japanese media", that says nothing about whether or not the person is actually a productive member of society, whereas in Japan the meaning is far more broad and usually suggests the person isn't productive

>muh secret club

90% of /fit/ is former fattie weeaboos who pulled themselves up by their bootstraps and lost that weight. Basically every general over there devolves into anime posting at some point or another.

How do you ever plan to get chads into our ranks if they can't bear witness to the glory of the Otaku Neet lifestyle?

Whats your point? Nobody cares what you say. You think you own this place that people listen to your delusion? Lmao. I will continue my life the way i want to, not letting a normalfag lecture what is wrong or right. Kill yourself.

>I wouldn't say so, often in the west the word just means "a fan of Japanese media", that says nothing about whether or not the person is actually a productive member of society,

That is because words often get bastardize and lose their official definitions i may be American but i hate how my country ruins everything hell you even have retarded kids on the internet calling themselves NEET because they were on summer vacation away from school or even hikikomori even though they have a job or still go to school when Neet means no job no school and no training at all and hikikomori means to not leave your bedroom for more than 6 months.

>Whereas in Japan the meaning is far more broad and usually suggests the person isn't productive

Technically someone who is an otaku can still have a job or be in school just outside of work or school they have no life like Yamazaki from NHK.

>Whats your point? Nobody cares what you say. You think you own this place that people listen to your delusion? Lmao. I will continue my life the way i want to, not letting a normalfag lecture what is wrong or right. Kill yourself.

Found the normalfag anime fan.

Whose eyes are those?

>That is because words often get bastardize and lose their official definitions
Well, yeah... that's the point. Words often change meaning when they're brought to another language.

What is it called when you have no hobbies, no social skills, no social life or love life?

Stop projecting and fuck off Yea Forums SEAnigger.

>Bastardise
Once again you fail to understand that words change meanings in different languages, it's happened all throughout history and it won't stop happening any time soon, words even change meaning within its own language sometimes too...

Why would I want to be, or identify myself as a pathetic loser?

So you're telling me I'm failing at both otaku and life?

Sometimes words come from other countries into other cultures and the definition remains the same as it is in the other culture while NEET and hikikomori have taken on various different unofficial definitions over the years the official definitions have still remained and not changed officially when being brought over to other cultures.

>Why would I want to be, or identify myself as a pathetic loser?

Get out normalfag.

>normie
It's normalfag.
Lurk at least two years before posting.

>So you're telling me I'm failing at both otaku and life?

I guess if that is what you took from this.

The real normalfag here is the one who need to identify himself as something, so he can feel like a part of a community.

If you watch lots of anime and are obsessed with it like some people here, you are an otaku.

>Stop projecting and fuck off Yea Forums SEAnigger.

No (You)

I think you're more a normie if you don't know the mangaka for that manga/anime

>If you watch lots of anime and are obsessed with it like some people here, you are an otaku.

Otaku is not only limited to anime and manga Japanese culture those are just what most people think of when they hear the term there are video game otaku computer otaku music otaku ect.

>a fan of anime manga or Japanese culture
>have popper social skills and are well socially adjusted

choose one

This

We are not speaking Japanese right now. Do you call call cartoons anime like Japanese do?

>We are not speaking Japanese right now. Do you call call cartoons anime like Japanese do?

You sound like he biggest normalfag ever and no i dont call western animation anime only weeaboos do that.

Attached: c112ffdd2abdc2f1f007b4530695d5c960d06bc37aec8b2bae352697d3836387.png (833x630, 461K)

This, don't worry about these retards too much, they just selectively pick things to be angered by

>This, don't worry about these retards too much, they just selectively pick things to be angered by

The only retard is normalfags like you use words properly or fuck off.

>Use words properly
I am user, the accepted definition of "Otaku" in the west is not the same as the Japanese definition, now stop being a sperglet and realise that words can A
and do change definition in different languages

Normalfag anime fan.

Once again in the west Anime fan is literally equivalent to Otaku, call yourself whatever the fuck you want I don't care but stop complaining about an accepted definition

You can't be a normalfag and an anime fan at the same time. The moment you watch an anime other than battle shounen, you're no longer a normalfag.

Plus the only reason it took on a different definition in the first place was because it got lost in translation.

What if I watch konohana kitan 12 times?

True, but it's certainly not the only case of that sort of thing happening, it does happen, what you're seeing is language evolution, abiet on a very limited scale

>You can't be a normalfag and an anime fan at the same time. The moment you watch an anime other than battle shounen, you're no longer a normalfag.

Actually yes you can i have met normalfag type people who are into anime like Pokemon Naruto Dragon Ball Death Note Attack On Titan and of course My Hero academia.

I want ESLfags to fuck off

>other than a battle shounen
Pls read

>The moment you watch an anime other than battle shounen, you're no longer a normalfag.

>t.some newfag expert wannabe that doesn't know otaku subculture is a thing.

The nips at 2ch would just scoff at this sentiment.

Whatever helps you sleep at night EOP.

Yes i am aware of that i know about akihabara

>know about
>haven't visited

Attached: 1519222360069.png (472x319, 121K)

user i am pretty sure most people on this board have not been to Japan.

Plebs, the lot of them.

>Daily reminder Yea Forums Otaku means someone who stays at home and is obsessed in their own hobbies and interest to the point where it ruins their social skills and they have no love life or social life
Otaku no video, ypu know, Gainax's otaku generational manifesto from 1991 which was the first OVA explicitly made by otaku for otaku about otaku, begs to disagree, you imbecile.

Attached: Piece of kore wa.jpg (1280x720, 543K)

>You can't be a normalfag and an anime fan at the same time. The moment you watch an anime other than battle shounen, you're no longer a normalfag.

Anime is becoming mainstream because of Netflix.

It has been mainstream since Toonami.

>It has been mainstream since Toonami.

True.

Attached: world class.png (580x400, 12K)

The Wind Rises was great, but I think this is the first time I've seen it mentioned here.

What did he mean by this?

Attached: 4f2f3404d488c056c93e218e5dddf54f.jpg (400x567, 88K)

Imagine people arguing that Endgame is a masterpiece, compared to people arguing that Dr. Strangelove is a masterpiece.

You're both normalfags and should leave.

Attached: 1558618365580.jpg (418x1170, 418K)

Only some. 99.9% of anime is incredibly niche and have zero mainstream appeal. If you watch them, you're not a normalfag

>otaku = hiki
Since when?

Thank god for otaku saving anime.

Attached: 1559193079540.jpg (305x446, 23K)

underb&

>normie
Pot calling kettle black, you fucking normalfaggot.

>walk me home gently

>[your] residence
I'm a human bean, how can I be a building.

>someone who stays at home
I can't believe all those otaku that infest akiba aren't actually otaku

>>otaku = hiki

Not necessarily a hikikomori is more extreme hikikomori is a disorder where a person completely cuts themselves off from society never leaving their bedroom in the parents home for months or years otaku is more of an introvert with social problems who is obsessed with something weather that be anime manga or something else.

Anyone who thinks of themselves as an otaku and goes to Akiba these days isn't an otaku.

>these days
I was gonna add "back when the internet wasn't as convenient" but thought it was unnecessary, but thanks for agreeing with me.