Saint Seiya

What is Yea Forums opinion on Saint Seiya Omega?
I think it has the best possible ending for the franchise

Attached: Omega.jpg (480x640, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VczYgt6knlk
youtube.com/watch?v=XTkc3e1741w
youtube.com/watch?v=BFqdagxr1B0
youtube.com/watch?v=234a0963oVw
youtube.com/watch?v=xARoMYcC_vo
twitter.com/saintseiya_gs/status/1092298211727831040
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not muh Saint Seiya from when I was a kid

is it worth a watch? i can't take very seriously those armors being able to bend like fabric despite harder than stone

second best spin-off, only behind Episode G
they fix most of the bs changes in season 2

First season was better tho

why are there a girls? why aren't they wearing a mask? what sort of gender equality feminist bullshit propaganda is this?

The mask rule was always stupid

Is it any good?

Attached: 9786075488127.jpg (1200x1200, 260K)

First episodes were terrible even without all the kiddy shit. Dumb plot, poor animation, cookie-cutter charaters. Everyone says S2 is much better but I still feel the burn from S1.

It's okay, if you're into SS lore it's a nice addition.

As far as I can recall, she didn't wear the mask because she didn't like it. I guess they just let her get away with it or something.

knights of the zodiac of the netfix mind is the rebirth of the franchise

It's the Saint Seiya equivalent of Dragon Ball GT, which means it is infamous as can be.

Not enough based Ikki Fenix

it is already dead before birth because of the whole Shaun controversy. I hope it is finally the final nail in the coffin so Toei can stop these low effort attempts to keep the series relevant only to sell cloth myths.

It already aired?

not yet, but expectations aren't high

I heard the manga is fine but the anime is one of the biggest turds Toei ever made

Was it kino dub? youtu.be/VczYgt6knlk

Boring show.

Just seems like a new generation with copy and pasted characters from the original, the plot seems exactly the same. They would of been better just remaking saint seiya or is this like a alternate saint seiya. Either way Saint Seiya has not aged well.

the tower climbing arc was far better than the original series. Pallas arc sucked hard though.

You can't bean this classic.

youtube.com/watch?v=XTkc3e1741w

The sequel trilogy before Disney bought Star Wars

>la cancion de los errores

Are you insane? There was zero tension, the new goldies suck and it was so obvious the staff had no ideas on how to develope the series so they copy the structure of the classic show (Galactic tournament, Silver saints arc, 12 houses)

I loved that Saturn was so OP, not even the ultimate Genki Dama asspull could defeat him. Truly a based FV

Attached: Saturn.png (1277x1425, 2.04M)

He is right tho. 12 houses and the battle in Mars were good.

The manga is fucking awful but it makes fangirls wet because it's their shitty gold saint x OC-do-not-steal on manga format. Even the author admit the manga sell like shit and nobody like it. Toei made the anime adaptation because Bandai wanted to produce Shoko's myth cloths and expect the Milo fangirls to buy them. Apparently it worked

Good ideas let down by weak execution.

It was a fucking mess even for Saint Seiya standards. Some eye candy and MUH UMAKOSHI don't make it good

The new goldies were far better than the original counterparts who just spam 1 technique over over over over and over again. goldies in Omega are unique and more entertaining to watch.

academy and silver saint arc sucked though, that's true. but the main Mars arc was kino, especially the climax of Amor-Mars-Abzu battles.

>the new goldies suck
Shit taste. This guy was based as hell.

Attached: Harbinger_de_Taurus.png (1920x1080, 1.95M)

Harbinger was cool, but Schiller, Paradox, the Leo guy and the Capricorn guy were literal fodder that only existed to get beaten by the protagonist. I guess Deathmask, Aphrodite and Shura were the same, but still.

I think that even with its issues Omega would have been far better received if:
>they had kept the original Myth Cloth aesthetic (like they were planning to at the start)
>they didn't introduce the stupid elemental dynamic that became irrelevant by episode 20
>they had come up with a less flimsy excuse to keep the big 5 out of the action; Cosmo Cancer doesn't cut it

Attached: omegaprototypedesigns.jpg (5000x2276, 3.16M)

Shura was cool as fuck.

>The new goldies were far better than the original counterparts who just spam 1 technique over over over over and over again. goldies in Omega are unique and more entertaining to watch
Let's see how many people remember those faggots in 20 years.
Protip: Saint Seiya is a telenovela for men. It's about the feels. If you want powerlevels, watch DBZ

I think people will remember Harbinger just because he is objectively the best Taurus Gold Saint.

And Deathmask's serial killer gimmick was genuinely terrifying under kids standards. He was basically Devilman's Jinmen as a gold saint. And Aphrodite is mocked by his roses and aspect but he almost won the war and pushed Shun to the limit

>I... I'm sad...

Attached: Eden.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

Eden had good fights, but he was so fucking dense.

DIsgusting

Attached: ikki what.png (459x344, 250K)

>expect a badass like Ikki
>get a shinji ikari with daddy issues and his own Rei
What the fuck

They ruined Deathmask with Soul of Gold and that CGI movie.

That doesn't count.

CGI Deathmask was kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=BFqdagxr1B0

Pretty good for what it is. They needed to find a better balance for the series though. 1st season has better character beats while 2nd season feels more like SS, but the characters just crystalize with how static they become in it.

Season 2 goes back to a more armored feel, a lot of the latter Cloths in season 1 too

The manga is unremarkable. The anime is a bit of a trainwreck.

>Let's see how many people remember those faggots in 20 years.
>I'll show you!
>IN TWENTY YEARS
Wew lad

>If you want powerlevels, watch DBZ
Ever since when just having different techiques is MUH POWERLEVELS
You add more variety to the fight as opposed to hardcoding it to BUT HE HASN'T LEVEL UPPED ENOUGH like the bullshit DB gives you
The current big bad coming up with some shit you never saw coming adds to said feels

Biggest waste of potential. Toei sucks ass. Absolute garbage writing that always goes for the most boring, predictable developments. Dropped plot points and lore. The first few episodes show great directing and art, but Toei ran that shit to the ground real fast. Dropped it super hard on S2 just as the shark was being jumped.

Singing Deathmask was kino

It's underrated desu.
og saint seiya fans dislike only because
>new=bad
>old=good
They don't have any good criticism of it because they know if they were to analyze on just surface level shit, it has the same problems the original had.

Overall though, it's still pretty good save for the school shit.

This desu

We know the original had problems, but if you can't fixt them 20 years later then your new series is shit.

post the original hermano
youtube.com/watch?v=234a0963oVw

If the original had problems, it's flawed.
If the newer shit has the same problems, it's equally as flawed.
If you can't fix it 20 years later, it's exactly the same quality, neither worse no better on those merits alone.

To be honest though, I'd even go as far as to say the asspulls in omega were better than original.

>I'd even go as far as to say the asspulls in omega were better than original.
Omega's my 2nd favorite series after the original but even I think that's a bit too much, could you list 'em?

Attached: 40738933_p4.png (473x600, 272K)

If you like Shoko being a bigger Mary Sue than Tenma from LC, sure.

What was their endgame?

Attached: d68wizd-d29a65da-6807-4312-af2d-6cde65aa1096.jpg (497x800, 746K)

>open his eyes as little as possible
>break bones
>make sensei proud
>become pope (so much for that)
>fuck athena

It makes me kinda sad that it was the last time that Furuya did Seiya's voice.

Attached: seiya_yamcha.png (944x590, 846K)

Furuya always get cucked by Toei. Kotono Mitsuishi was rehired for Crystal but Furuya was replace despite he could finally play the mysterious masked man he always wanted (Tuxedo Mask quickly devolved into a sidekick/comic relief in the 90s anime)

Furuya's voiced Sagittarius Seiya again in one of Bamco's smart phone games

>saint seiya omega is ba-

Attached: mpv-shot0004.jpg (1280x720, 152K)

>/ss/ big sister becomes psycho lesbian's side dish
what did toei mean by this

Attached: 840188474.png (600x616, 311K)

Not him, but what kind of argument is that? I'm a Saint Seiya fan and have been one since the fucking 90s, but DB has always had better as in more entertaining and bombastic fights than SS. Even if we were to compare those two manga and completely forget the anime, you have a master panelist like Toriyama versus Kurumada's super static characters repeting the same poses over and over. In fact, baring a few exceptions every battle involves two or more characters taking turns performing their techniques while basically standing in place as if you're watching an rpg.

That user is right, if you watch/read SS for the action, you're a retard doing it for the wrong reasons. The experience is all about squeezing the most drama out of a situation as if you're watching a stage play (or a very trashy soap opera depending on who you ask), in other words, it's about pathos rather than spectacle.

*barring

at least be glad that the current cast is better then the 2005 replacement cast for Hades

Cool, that's good to know.

Nope, just because Kurumada's artstyle is completely alien to Toriyama's doesn't mean the fights can just go down like you're describing
SS is definitely much heavier on the drama but the fights also carry a whole bunch of novelty to them with how Kurumada stages them kind of as a game of rock-paper-scissors with narrative gotchas more than anything to get to the conclusion
Adding more techniques always keeps them more fresh because otherwise Saga would have been a pretty dull fight if all he could use was Another Dimension all the time. He mixed it up with Galaxian Explosion, Genromaouoken and Another Dimension instead and the result is much better.
So claiming it's just power level wanking has shit to do with jack diddly squat.

>Omegafags still defending that abortion
Stick to the precure threads

Great argument user

How is possible Toriyama is a chevalier de l'ordre des Arts et des Lettres but not Kurumada? He was even on the Dorothee show

youtube.com/watch?v=xARoMYcC_vo

Attached: kurumada_masami00.jpg (400x311, 23K)

It's the same cast, except for Shaun for obvious reason. She'll be voiced by Asami Seto

>i.e. if they added nothing new at all

Dude, at least they took the risk to try and do something different cause they knew it wouldn’t be canon to the main continuity anyway. It just tried to be its own entity of sorts.

His despair and return to the light after her death was quite touching to see tho.

Based creepy Paradox, she was genuinely unsettling to watch in action

>be eden
>mentor is dead
>younger sister is dead
>elder sister is dead
>dad is dead
>mom is evil and also dead
all his mental issues were justified

The kid went through some tough shit

Titan is so lucky
I prefer Sonia's delicious brown though

Attached: mpv-shot0005.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

I totally forgot Soul of Gold was a thing. What even happened there? I remember watching it but recall nothing.

It was garbage. You're better off not knowing anything about it.

mein negger

Attached: 38761724.jpg (788x654, 283K)

Anyone else playing Saint Seiya Awakening?

>they took the risk to try and do something different
>Rehash everything that was popular during the 2000s

Attached: Kouga Potter.png (429x428, 229K)

Call me when they get reps from all the series

twitter.com/saintseiya_gs/status/1092298211727831040

Given how lackluster SS games tend to be I think the biggest draw they can have is to give players a battle royale of the craziest sorts. Shove people from Omega, the original movies, SoG, Saintia, hell, LC too, who cares? It's the point to just put a bunch of cool shit and duke it out especially when Toei holds the rights to most of the series and the only holdup is LC.

Mangawise it doesn't seem like the authors will ever coordinate to use each other's shit for a crossover manga (the gag one where Okada/Kuori/Shiori used their OCs here and there doesn't count) so games are the best bet.

Does he want to know hell?

Attached: ikkiblogut2.jpg (364x480, 42K)

Best ship

admittedly I'm just there for her brown

Attached: BqLgn_OCcAAki2t.png (420x550, 258K)