Spice and Wolf

Opinions on the light novels?

Attached: Holo_Infobox(2).jpg (337x400, 28K)

None. I need to read them.

I bought them on eBay for like $5 each after watching the anime. I got the the first two coming in the mail soon, but I was wondering what the general opinion here was

Pretty good, you are in for a great ride

I specially liked the short story about the honeyed peaches, very lovely

Not too bad, but quite overrated by the hardcore fans. The development of Lawrence's and Holo's relationship was quite good, but the repetetive interactions got annoying at some point
>(Well look at that! I might finally win a round of "mindgames" against Holo!)
>But then Lawrence realized for the 473894732984579th time that he cannot win "mindgames" against Holo
Like, OK, I get it! Holo wins the "mindgames" against Lawrence every time. At best he can get an advantage for a short moment by surprising Holo for a bit, but then immidietly loses it again.
There's also the issue that sometimes it's "there are some things you shouldn't say, no matter what!" while at other times it's "you should be honest about your feelings no matter what!", which sounds like a contradiction.
It might have to do with the fact that I basically marathoned the whole series on my first read, which is why it might have felt so "repetetive", but still. On a greater scale, i.e. the long term, I liked their relationship, but in the short term their individual interactions could have been much better and less repetetive.
It's the other way around with the story. I don't like at all the story as a whole, which is rather lackluster in retrospect, but the individual arcs, self-contained, where quite nice. Though I must say I liked the early arcs much more than the latter ones, but getting back to the "overall" theme, I wasn't very fond of the fact that it felt like all the development from the individual arcs for Lawrence's merchant skills didn't seem like they really mattered. Actually at times it felt like Lawrence was more competent in vol. 1 than he was at the end of the series.

Solid 7/10

it's really comfy, can be a drag here and there but overall a very enjoyable expierence.

100 % agreed. read it until volume 11 or 12 in no time and stopped myself to only read 20 pages every evening and it made the expierence way better

Attached: 1347481595_horo24.jpg (635x600, 59K)

>NTR

I lost all of my Cole images but imagine him interrupting your thread right now

Attached: 1536445450205.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

They're very well done.
The author is actually a relatively learned guy for a change, so he puts in a lot of realistic mediaeval world-building. So expect more economics.
It's very dialogue heavy, like most LNs, but less repetitive/pretentious like Nisioisin. Plus ye olde dialecte in the official translation is fun.

Very good for a LN. If you like the characters you will have a blast

Holo is a cute. CUTE!

CUTE!!!!

Attached: 1484098960760.jpg (360x360, 16K)

Why didn't Lawrence sex her up in the anime? She was in heat and literally begging him for a fuck in the later episodes.

Pretty good until the fox girl starts to behave like a slut and cucks the MC. I stopped reading after that.

Passionate baby making sex with the sexy wolf goddess was reserved for the LNs.

Attached: __holo_spice_and_wolf_drawn_by_koume_keito__d1f4d5a60d5ae9b07bf5b51de8c449e4.jpg (4808x6977, 2.52M)

Read the Manga instead, it's also finished.

Not bad, but really overrated. Somewhere in the middle it clearly lost direction. The conclusion felt a bit forced and there sone things left unexplained. Some rules are also conviniently forgotten when the story requires it. And desu Lawrence is a bit of cuck and sojboy, but a suppose that's natural for a merchant.

It should have been a chapter or two in the manga.

I thought there was some whole controversy about the anime because in the LN Lawrence was gay and they made him behave like he wasn't in the anime.

I haven't watched or read yet, but that's one of the things I heard which had kept me away from it.

Given that there's a sequel about their kids, yes.

Attached: manga - Wolf and Parchment.jpg (200x289, 27K)

That would make for amazing fap material.

Attached: 1559269933343.jpg (657x960, 93K)

How can someone be this retarded?
Pro tip: the ntr/cuck posting is just bulshitting too.

I don't know anything about S&W, this is just something I heard years ago that kept me away from it. And I heard it from an IRL, it's not like it was Yea Forums shitposting.

Sounds like you used to hang around a bunch of drama spouting faggots

Is it an adaptation of the full story?

They’re alright, but they’re genuinely not as good as the anime.

When I think about Holo's voice, I honestly hear her dub voice

Yes sir. Woman Holo voice >>> girl Holo voice

Didn't this have some awful 3DPD covers

It was a dust cover, you could just slide it off. I threw them away, wasn't really a big deal.

Yeah, in the later editions I think. Pic related is the good cover type though, which is what I ordered.

Attached: OWWPXNVne2Og5o9nA6tp3Q__.jpg (256x385, 56K)

reminder the first chapter of wolf and parchment manga will be out soon

How does the manga compare to the LNs?

Was Nora raped in the churd?

Comfy and fun, worth a read.

Attached: 1460865040334.jpg (4200x2749, 3.21M)

What are you saying

Kraft Lawrence fucks dogs

99.9% of light novels are garbage and this is one of the few bareable ones so yeah it's decent
They should have just animated the whole thing though LNs are trash

Oh, I guess they were trying to bait normalfags into buying them

Love it. But currently stopping at vol 18 because in university. Will continue later.

For apples

When will they release the VR free version of the game?
I can't afford a headset

it cuts out quite a lot and rearranges events. Its certainly worth reading, but id recommend reading the manga after the LN

>3DPD
I thought part of the reason this series was so popular because Holo's personality was more human than most LN/anime characters.

Sure, but we still want to perv on lewd anime hotties.

Attached: __craft_lawrence_and_holo_spice_and_wolf_drawn_by_koume_keito__19500b5b0b4c26f4ba859f87b07fcbd9.jpg (2790x4038, 2.05M)

Horo's personality is fine.

And so is her body.

Attached: a9359c84adbce8a05b9d02ab11751bf9.jpg (2452x3473, 1.96M)

Fine as hell.

Attached: 3 - rFxQe6t.png (1600x2244, 1.92M)

Puffy vulva.