So uh, we can all agree on her being the best female character in the whole anime, right?

So uh, we can all agree on her being the best female character in the whole anime, right?

Attached: Rei_Ayanami.jpg (197x300, 30K)

Attached: 5E395FDC-E256-4BC6-B6C2-A497FCFBEAFA.jpg (311x236, 21K)

Evafags can't even agree who's best girl in the show

There are some people with impaired taste but she is, yeah.

Asuka > Misato > Rei

How many times do I have to teach you this lesson old man?

All 3 are still great characters and Reifags are alright

Attached: Punished Asuka.png (967x544, 527K)

I don't care what anyone else thinks. All I know is that I love Rei.

Attached: 362806fe6ea9a6c2c5eb0a72398d97b9.png (1029x1500, 1.63M)

She Has (No) Ass

>mass production waifu with no personality
asuka is and always will be best girl you fucking uncultured swine

Absolutely

Attached: dropped_glasses_by_cpt_katawa_dd6lzup-fullview.jpg (1024x1024, 82K)

Asuka is a sick bitch worth less than zero.
She's worse than nothing.

Considering she's the cause of most of EVAs personal conflicts, depressions and suffering I would consider her the villain.
And not a good or interesting villain with a plan but the worst MUH FEEFEES kind of villain.

Amen

Attached: rei_by_cpt_katawa_dcvaqtx-fullview (1).png (1024x1229, 1.88M)

Boys, boys... no need to fight, your waifus are all trash. The only good sex object in the series is kaworu .

Attached: tumblr_pdg3d4cea31tjwcv5o1_400.jpg (382x600, 80K)

thats the point of the show retard, their own suffering being the main villans asuka just externalises it. also are you telling me you'd want a cloned cunt with no passion compared to a redhead that would most definitely hit you and call you a cunt as you fucked her?
yeah didnt think so you fucking retard

I'm not into being slapped around by bitches you cuck.

Attached: 2m635y0nt5121.jpg (1241x1541, 145K)

if being a cuck means watching someone i love fuck someone else while i watch then i guess im a cuck and proud

HOW MANY TIMES MUST WE GO OVER THIS??????????????

..............Yes, Yes she is,

Attached: ayanami-rei-full-1345639.jpg (590x795, 264K)

>Asucuck
>is a proud cuck

I'm saving this one.

>i guess im a cuck and proud

Jebus Crust man.
What the fuck is wrong with the people.

Attached: en0sv88i9k121.jpg (2600x1300, 1.13M)

no

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (544x308, 54K)

one of the main themes of eva is rejecting escapism and accepting reality for what it is and for that reason i will never accept a blank slate of a character that embodies this theme as 'best girl'

Rei has a more developed and advanced personality than Assucka.

What does the bitch even has going for her?
She's just like a wind up toy stomping and pouting sctreaming "I"M THE BEST PILOT" "I< THE BEST"
Unable to face reality of herself being just a person like everybody else she's angry and jealous of other people's successes and even celebrated Shinji's presumed death.
Her development throughout the entire show was negative as she continued bashing her head on the wall of reality until she eventually broke and became a real sex doll for shinji.

Cool person there buddies, lying around and being creamed by betas comatose from the sheer near-lethal amounts of butthurt over her own shittiness.

Rei whom ironically "asucucks" project to be a doll in other hand had been the key character of NGE, who found herself, made decisions and pesonally chose how the story ends.

Who's the doll again cucks?

Attached: 2okuwg9090701.jpg (720x480, 14K)

Attached: 20180921_225225.jpg (720x588, 117K)

Friendly reminder mari makinami is actually the best girl in all of evangelion and final rebuild will canonise Asuka/Mari ship

Attached: Neon.Genesis.Evangelion.full.1406950.jpg (600x800, 319K)

time after time...
again and again...

Attached: asucucks all of'em.jpg (1834x833, 150K)

>fighting over waifus unironically

Jesus christ why

>not recognising an obvious false flag
go back to r.eddit

Attached: pathetic.jpg (700x483, 28K)

god that is fucking amazing

10 years worth of bad blood and bones to pick.

Really?
Sounds exactly like something an Asucuck would actually say,

Haven't seen the show, but her design is better than the other girls in it, so yes.
Short hair will always beat long momhair.

Yes, without doubt.

So good in fact the eternally insecure manchild of a director nerfed her in ALL spinoffs.

Evangelion is a joke.

Rei's body might be a clone with spares, but Rei has her own personality, which you can't say about Asuka who is functionally a doll.

Why cant we all just get along?
Theyre not even real for fuck's sake.

s-shut up!

3dpd detected

Asuka > Rei > Misato

There, I fixed it. Misato falls short compared to the teenage girls but she's still a good character.

It must be the culture built upon the ruins of a Jewish monotheistic religion whose dead god claimed to be the one and only, and damned be the unfaithful.

Perhaps if our society came from a comfy polytheism where the goddess of sex is best friends with the goddess of hunts and the goddess of feasts is inviting them over on Sundays the world would be a better place.

But as it is our society keeps fighting over who the best one in everything and fuck the second best.

Attached: o7n65r3806311.jpg (1920x1080, 106K)

Kaworu >>>>>>>>>

rei in no way has a more developed and advanced personalty than asuka

yes asuka is a fucking cunt to literally everyone she meets in the show to some extent, yes shes an annoying cunt who doesn't shut up about being better than everyone

but thats the point, putting aside our cuckoldry and shitposting for a second compared to rei she exhibits signs of an actual person with psychological problems like shinji or Misato

Rei is nothing more than a blank slate for people to project their perfect waifus onto and despite being integral to the plot of eva itself is boring

basically, Asuka for all her general cuntiness represents an acceptance of reality compared to Rei who represents escapism

Attached: CHAD 3RD IMPACT.png (2518x1024, 511K)

This. Asuka is also the cause of obsession in Anno which ruined Evangelion.

Not all of us, because I am going to just be all alone here in the corner as the only one who has attained the true gnosis and recognizes that Maya is and always has been the one true Eva best.

Attached: munch.jpg (3537x3335, 1.49M)

Came here to post that

Since this is one of the many EVA threads i might as well ask here. I just started watching the show for the 1st time (not on netflix, just a coincidence), and in episode 2 we have this shot with Shinji and the unit-01 who just went berserk. Later he turns his head and looks at the head of the unit-01 who grows an eye and Shinji screams.

Now my question is, i have no fucking clue where the fuck is shinji supposed to be located in the goddamn robot to get such a view from the robot's head. Episode 1 showed he was "pluged" around the "cervical spine" of the thing, but somehow this shot happens. Am i wrong or this is one of those things where him looking at the robot creating an eye symbolic stuff? The angle here seems to show he is in one of those elbow spikes but that doesnt make sense either.

Attached: zzz.jpg (704x480, 36K)

>elbow spikes
Shoulder spikes*

That's not true at all. Let's use the canon, for one.

Rei is brought up in a sterile environment deprived of what we'd call human rights, which explains her blunt and detached personality, yes? But that personality is hers to define. We've seen time and time again that Rei defines herself as HERSELF first, then an EVA pilot second, then a loyal follower of NERV third, and so on. Regardless of how expressionless Rei is, she owns it.

Asuka is also brought up in a controlled environment, and trained to be an EVA pilot. She's loud and proud about it too, but Asuka actually defines herself FIRST as an EVA pilot! Something NERV owns! Asuka never had any "self" or even a personality that was hers to begin with. She is what she is purely because she's been led to it, and unlike Rei, she hasn't the mental means to understand the situation.

Asuka gets on by living out the fantasy someone created for her, while Rei gets on by confronting reality. So you have those flipped - Asuka directly represent escapism whilst Rei represents accepting reality.

This is why it is above ALL ELSE Rei in EoE that challenges Shinji on his escapism, and ultimately is the cause for instrumentality ending. Whereas Asuka dies ignorant in a ditch fighting enemies she never knew what truly were, as this was the will of her puppeteers who sent her to die.

Attached: waifusandnpcs.png (1080x4000, 3.08M)

He's inside a VR dome essentially. Cameras all around the EVA presumably.

Shinji is inside EVA's chest but the cameras he's looking through are on the head.

Attached: 0ffc093e25741cc63b5aad1e6cf8b186e44385e81c0f6f9e086859c93bbda829.png (584x251, 7K)

Based

>Yea Forums memes
>waifus

I personally like Ritsuko Akagi

Attached: 5-Ritsuko-Akagi-Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-hot.jpg (500x577, 51K)

Rei has a sense of self and an ego. Just not a healthy one.

Rased by the best dad ever in a lab she knew that her existence is fake, temporary and chose not to get attached to the people and life as her REAL life was yet to begin.

So she's been waiting her life out trying no to make any friends least she's gonna miss them and as she seen no value in her own fake temporary life she has given her all to others.
The few people who managed to connect with rei and become important to her became her everything and she had no problem with dying for them a couple times, that's no biggie, the life is fake anyways.

Attached: e05540f25c899456cf1d6a68d8c8acf1.jpg (729x1000, 139K)

Asuka > Rei >>> Shit > Misato

Misato can rot in hell.

Attached: 95623dc46cf985cc61fd8411fcc0abdb.jpg (354x416, 28K)

Okay, so implied cameras throughout the body? Fair enough, usually in these robot shows the camera are usually on the "eye" area only so it got me confused.

Yeah, rewatching the 1st episode the pod is more on the center of the body then i remembered.
> but the cameras he's looking through are on the head.
You meant "pointed at the head" right? Since it cant be a camera on the head to get a head view.

Thanks for the answers, show is fun so far.

Those are cameras not windows, you put the pilot in the safer place of the Eva and then Bring the camera outputs into the entry plug. I mean it is neither science fiction nor so difficult to imagine.

A man of culture indeed,
>Ritsuko is the best woman
>Rei is the best girl
>Misato is the best cheat
>Maya - the best friend to bully

Misato is fucking boring but sexy.
Ritsuko has lots and lots of character
And Rei is a great girl to adopt and raise as a happy child.

As I grown older Rei turned into a daughteru for me rather than a waifu.

>You meant "pointed at the head" right? Since it cant be a camera on the head to get a head view.

It was a reflection in the glass building
He basically seen himself in a mirror as a monster regenerating it's eye and that creeped him out.

Attached: fwQPIST.jpg (410x416, 87K)

Why can't be a camera on the head? And if we are talking about the feedback of the pilot, he(or she) is directly connected to the Eva, that we can consider like a living being, we can consider that connection like the link (Forgive my example) with the Navi and the beast in avatar.

Its more obvious in EoE/Rebuilds. They kind of hedge their bets in the original series from an animation perspective because it was hard to do by hand.

Attached: asuka.jpg (480x360, 27K)

Shinji is the best female character, retard
>but he's not a girl
What, you think Kaworu and Kaji were on bottom?

Attached: ritsuko2.jpg (2160x4023, 3.46M)

Rits-chan doesn't get enough love

>You two are starting to understand this place .
Okay, that one got me.

Attached: reibeb.png (720x492, 294K)

>It was a reflection in the glass building
Fuck now that i looked at it again it was a reflection, now everything makes sense, goddamn i am retarded.

Thanks user.

>Why can't be a camera on the head?
It can be and it is, the user i replied above firgured it out what i was not getting it. The camera IS on the head and he was looking at the reflection on the building. It couldnt be a head camera before because i thought he was looking at robots head without a reflection (you cant look at your own face with your eyes, your "head cameras").

>Yeah that's right! Of course I believe Misato is by far the best girl. How did you know?

Attached: ffa.jpg (750x1024, 80K)

I mean, sure, if you want a blank slate that you can groom into whatever degenerate fetish you are into.

Based

Attached: 1558297521206.jpg (300x300, 31K)

old hag

Attached: 1561787754466.png (386x366, 144K)

Misato >>>>>> Anyone else

Holy shit your right, fuck that was smart

kys faggot

Not wrong but a bit childish, I mean she's more like a mother, Don't let Freud be right

Rei has been my one and only waifu since age 14, and surprisingly that hasn't changed.

Says a lot about reifags.

Mad butthurt Asukafag detected.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

It's just the same for me.

That isn't surprising, most people don't change waifus.

I'm an Asukafag who is still an Asukafag.
Reifags will keep being Reifags.
Misatofags will keep being shit.

Go be a nigger somewhere else.

Kind of unrelated but I just watched the official video for Sakura Nagashi and it's all about Shinji and Rei. I was told it was about Kaworu and Shinji but this shows otherwise, and it fits Rei and Shinji a lot too.

It makes sense since so far the rebuilds have been primarily about Shinji and Rei.

The Rebuilds are primarily about shitting on Shinji and Rei, you mean.

Both the second and third movie are driven by their relationship and the first movie have the smile as an emotional climax.
Your irrational persecution complex doesn't change that.

Wrong

Attached: a13cc0c74ccd8e828fecd42d711186ca.jpg (1594x2278, 422K)

Nobody gives a fuck about Mari

Are you being intentionally obstinate? The second and third movie features both Shinji and Rei, in a development which places the saving of Rei as the cause for the world being destroyed.
There's nothing irrational about that, it's literally the plotline.

No the plotline is Gendo orchestrating the end of the world and shifting the blame onto Shinji.

That's retarded and you are retarded.

Yeah, and how did that end again? It's as if Anno is implying that the two together equals the end of the world or something.
It makes absolutely no fucking sense but it's what happened nonetheless.

The fact that this makes Anno look like a manchild doesn't change that.

Well that is the plot. So blame Anno.

Uh, it's not the plot. You're retarded. But Anno is to blame for the hot turd of a plot.

This: is the "plot" if you can call it that.

That is the plot. There is barely a scene with Gendo in it were he doesn't make it obvious that he has a plan. A plan that comes into fruition by the end of 2.22. Then he uses the shattered mind of Shinji as a result of this to further his plan in 3.33.

The Rebuilds are just Anno's revenge againts Rei for being popular

>but my fanfiction
Yeah no. I think we'll stick with the facts. Anno writes this show, not some fictional character you moron.

Pretty much.

Shes the BEST but she hides her feelings, she needs a good chad and not a cuck like Shinji

Obviously he writes the story. And in the story Gendo is the villain not Rei and Shinji's relationship. Which is the emotional core of the movies.

>cuck
>proud
choose one, and only one

Are you playing stupid, or do you not connect the dots that Shinji saves Rei, 14 years pass and now everyone hates SHINJI for having saved Rei and somehow ended the world because of it, and this being portayed as a "bad thing" ?

Attached: 1561140839526.jpg (720x405, 44K)

An "emotional core" which is ripped to shreds and paraded as the root of all evil, whilst Anno's favorite characters are hailed as super-heroes more or less. Yeah, I don't think so, bud.

>now everyone hates SHINJI for having saved Rei and somehow ended the world because of it
You forgot that they wrongly hate Shinji, and the way they treat him almost leads to the world ending once again.
There is a difference between what the characters say and the message of the movie.

See You mistakenly assume that the in-universe story makes any sense whatsoever and that Gendo is an actual character.
Rebuild takes the default Rei, gets her close with Shinji, and then uses the third movie to pin that relationship as the "core" of everything that went wrong with the world.

Have you even watched the Rebuilds?

Yeah, obviously. This is a clear case of Poe's Law taking effect. It's impossible to tell whether or not the Rebuilds are an extremist anti-Rei series of movies, or parodying anti-Rei extremism.
Anno has created a world which makes no sense and is only desirable to anti-Rei extremists, who correlate Rei and Shinji together in any form with the world of Eva ending. Like in 3.33, it is entirely irrational and results in a nonsensical, messy movie whose only function seems to be to destroy Rei and promote the favorites of others, notoriously Asuka.

The best case is the latter where it's a parody, but Anno being fairly anti-Rei and pro Asuka himself all but eliminates that option, and leaves us with the more likely option that Anno pretty much ruined EVA over hurt waifu feels.

I don't need you to refer me to your delusions, I am well aware of them.
At no point in the movie does anyone say that Shinji's decision to save Rei was wrong. At no point is the relationship they had shown in a negative light.
In fact I have believed since I saw 3.33 that it is actually a conspiracy (in the movies universe) to make it seem like it was Shinji's fault, when in reality we see Kaworu stop Shinji at the end of 2.22 before any actual damage could occur to the world. Obviously something happend in between the movies that Shinji had no actual part in.

Speak of delusions, you're clearly out of it.

Yeah, the best way to promote Asuka is to have her barely be in the film and have her be antagonistic towards the main character when she is in it.

So you have a pet theory that conflicts with reality, then. Whether or not Gendo is behind it as your fanfic would claim, the facts remain the same: Shinji is framed, and the catalyst and reason is nevertheless his relationship with Rei.

I believe I've already mentioned, as has the other guy, the narrative 3.33 presents. He saves Rei, where the other option would simply be to NOT save Rei and thus avoid the end of the world, and this he is chastised for.

Your whole view of this is deeply contradictory and utterly fanboyish.... in the real world this is written by real people, with real biases and motives. There is quite literally no better way to paint a character poorly than by giving their actions negative consequences.

That is quite literally the best way. You spend your time showing that the protagonist is a weak failure, dangeorus even, and you show Asuka "taking charge" trying to stop him.

This is CLASSIC, BASIC shit even a high-school student would know in terms of character portrayal.

>conflicts with reality
How does it conflict with reality? We see the world at the end of 2.22 and it looks nothing like how it looks in 3.33.
>Shinji is framed, and the catalyst and reason is nevertheless his relationship with Rei.
The obvious difference is if what I said is true then it is in no way Shinji's fault.
>He saves Rei, where the other option would simply be to NOT save Rei and thus avoid the end of the world, and this he is chastised for.
You forget that no one chastise him for saving Rei, and no one really chastise him for ending the world either. Sure they all treat him with caution and some with disdain but no one tells him that what he did was the wrong thing. Misato cheers Shinji on in 2.22, it is obviously framed as the right decision in that movie.

>It's impossible to tell whether or not the Rebuilds are an extremist anti-Rei series of movies, or parodying anti-Rei extremism.
How about neither, not everything is about Rei you idiot. If there is anything along this line of thinking, it that one can argue its a deconstruction of the standard hot-blooded mecha shows where Shinji goes zany at the end of 2.0 looks awesome - but is actually treated as a very bad thing.

Head-mounted cameras still feel off because Shinji's in the dark until the helmet, where cameras would need to be mounted or they'd be covered by it, falls off. But he can't be seeing out of the Eva's actual eyes either because he'd be blind on that side until that eye grew back.

Attached: it's not really important.jpg (1440x1080, 232K)

It's like you didn't watch the movie.

Attached: passive_aggressive_anno.jpg (1920x2442, 1.9M)

>You: THE MOVIE IS ABOUT REI AND SHINJI
>Me: Yeah, in this particular way, sure
>You: REEE NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT REI AD SHINJI REEE

Your inferiority complex is showing.

>You spend your time showing that the protagonist is a weak failure, dangeorus even, and you show Asuka "taking charge" trying to stop him.
I think you are reading the movie wrong. Shinji is framed as confused and lonely, attributes that usually inspires sympathy from people. Asuka is being seen as unreasonably angry at Shinji for little to no reason.

She is only saying that in this post-apocalyptic world no one has the time to worry about 1 single person. She is not saying that Shinji did the wrong thing in trying to save Rei.
The key word here being anymore. In the past that was acceptable but not anymore.

Think you're confusing me for a different poster

>You forget that no one chastise him for saving Rei
Except WILLE.
Except the obvious implication Shinji and everyone that watches the movie faces that saving somehow ruins the world.

>How does it conflict with reality
Your pet theory conflicts with reality because in reality, we have 3.33 claimining and implying one thing and you another. I trust the movie over your pet theory. SImple as.

If you're going to theorize, include the fact that it makes no sense in relation with Anno's own personal motivations.

That's exactly what she's saying moron. Read between the lines.

No, you are, and that's objectively provable by the fact that Asuka is more popular than ever post 3.33.
For normal people, yes, sympathizing with him is something one would do. But people who make this and watch this, and the audience whom it is aimed for, is not normal.

See and the point on Poe's Law.

Except the story spends an inordinate amount of time on exactly destroying Rei, Shinji and their relationship, without any actual input from either of them as characters.

If it actually WERE a deconstruction of standard hotblooded mecha, you wouldn't keep the hotblooded mecha parts like they've done in 3.33, 2.22 and somewhat 1.11. The only thing they've done is take the positive and cool aspects from "hotblooded mecha" and applied them to characters like Asuka.

The divide between characters that do well and poorly in Rebuild matches up exactly with Anno's preferences. That alone should tell you a lot.

You're really, really childish if you one see Rebuild as this self-contradictory mess with plotholes, yet still treat it as if it had a story or plot that makes sense. Yes it's "keikaku doori" from Gendo is a boring anime cliche and whatnot, but that can't be what they're going for here.

Shinji is being framed, but not in the way you think. He's being used as a plot device to associate with Rei fans essentially, and the framing coincides with shaming him for having done something bad, in which liking Rei was the catalyst for.

>Except WILLE.
When do they do that?
>Except the obvious implication Shinji and everyone that watches the movie faces that saving somehow ruins the world.
That is what Shinji believes because he is being deceived by Gendo. Gendo who routinely lies and deceives everyone in the movies. For example he deceives Kaworu in 3.33. He is obviously deceiving Shinji as well.
>we have 3.33 claimining and implying one thing and you another
We have the characters in the movie claiming 1 thing. But they are not omniscient, we as viewers are though, as close as one can be. We see the overall things that people do. We see Gendo scheming and we can see that there is a discrepancy between the state of the world at the end of 2.22 and the beginning of 3.33.
>makes no sense in relation with Anno's own personal motivations
We have no idea of his personal motivations.

>i go to sleep for an hour
>the thread turns into ship shit-flinging
Can we... all... be friends... here?

>destroying Rei
When does the story ever do this? Rei-II from 2.0 is never bashed at all.
Rei-Q is on her way to learning to become her own person as well.

Let her go on for one more line and it's a dig at Misato for some bitter personal history we don't know about.

Attached: 1561101265910.jpg (1920x816, 162K)

Don't play stupid, doing what you just described to any character is tantamount to destroying it.

Same here.

>When do they do that?
In 3.33.

>That is what Shinji believes because he is being deceived by Gendo. Gendo who routinely lies and deceives everyone in the movies. For example he deceives Kaworu in 3.33. He is obviously deceiving Shinji as well.
It is also what the viewer is led to believe.
The "deceiver" in this case isn't a cartoon character, but a real person named Anno.

>We have the characters in the movie claiming 1 thing. But they are not omniscient, we as viewers are though, as close as one can be. We see the overall things that people do. We see Gendo scheming and we can see that there is a discrepancy between the state of the world at the end of 2.22 and the beginning of 3.33.
Incoherent rabble.

>We have no idea of his personal motivations.
We do, and you're doing damage control for him. He's an Asuka fan through and through.

Despite everything,the rebuild gave us the black pulgsuits so im grateful

It's an aggressive attitude on both of them. She is triggered by Shinji's question for Rei.

In this scene, Asuka is merely a representation of Asukafag butthurt.

Scratch that. It's not about ships... it's about waifus again.

Not everything is about waifus, stop viewing it from that lens.

see This whole "deception" idea of yours doesn't pan out since if true or not, it doesn't affect the overall impression 3.33 leaves.

Some times, giving Asuka super powers, giving Shinji shit for having saved Rei, writing Rei out of the story is simply exactly what it sounds like, an Asuka fan revenge fanfiction. Not some super-elaborate "conspiracy".

Dividing Rei into two = destroying by breaking the character into several pieces, literally.

We see Gendo saying that he is overall happy about the events as they transpire in 3.33, obviously hinting that he have been trying to make this happen.

Attached: [bonkai77] Evangelion 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo [BD.1080p.Dual.Audio.x265.HEVC.10bit].mkv_snapshot_01. (1920x816, 69K)

There were literally 3 Reis in NGE, who all acted differently even if they had some shared list of experiences in memory.

Rebuild has that lens. It skips the character development, plot depth and setting depth, and is largely concentrated on waifus.

In other words, stop pretending it ISN'T just about waifus now.

There was just one Rei in NGE.

2.0 tricked you into thinking that.
3.0 is punishment against ALL people who want NGE to be about waifus by bringing it back to reality.

Wrong, because 3.0 gave you more waifus and more intensively.

>In 3.33.
Give me an actual scene.
>It is also what the viewer is led to believe.
Only if they aren't paying attention.
>Incoherent rabble.
Well how do you reconcile the discrepancy between the state of the world at the end of 2.22 and the beginning of 3.33 then?
>He's an Asuka fan through and through
Anno saying in an old interview that he likes Asuka the most because she is cute doesn't mean that he would make an entire film series for the sole purpose of promoting Asuka while destroying Rei.

The crux of this is that you don't know WHAT Gendo has been trying to make happen, WHY he has been trying to make it happen, or HOW he has being made it to happen. At this stage, what Gendo is here is simply a plot device. His presence or absence actually adds nothing to the story as is. It's in other words, a giant diversion.

In the actual story, Shinji is being shamed and blamed for his actions in 2.0 which was, from his and everyone's PoV at that time and in 3.33, simply saving Rei. At best you can equate Gendo with Anno here, but the result is the same: the only reason Rebuild focuses on Rei and Shinji were to shit on them.

No, there's one character named Rei in the rebuilds. You don't have a case where Rei goes away and suddenly there's another there, like in 3.33.

I wish. 3.0 is the most waifu-pandering EVA has ever been. It gave you super-Asuka and eternal looper Kaworu on steroids, the only thing it did was ruin Rei as a character entirely. If you promote your favorite characters over its rivals like Anno has done here, this is just waifu pandering at it's worst.

No, 3.0 gave us the fucking gay piano.

>This whole "deception" idea of yours doesn't pan out since if true or not, it doesn't affect the overall impression 3.33 leaves.
Gendo being an obvious manipulator should make anyone realise that Shinji is not actually at fault for what happens. This is made even more apparent in 3.33 when he tricks Kaworu into almost ending the world again.

Did the amount of waifu-pandering go up or down with Rebuild? It went up didn't it?
In other words, if you don't understand Rebuild in the lens of waifu-faggotry, you don't get Rebuild.

Anno is a huge waifufag, and so is his top cronie Tsurumaki who co-directs the thing.

>You don't have a case where Rei goes away and suddenly there's another there, like in 3.33
What we do have is a case where Rei dies and comes back and acts differently.

The fucking gay piano is waifu-pandering. Husbando-pandering, waifu-pandering, it's the same shit.

Except it doesn't, particularly if you saw how Asuka fans in particular reacted to 3.33 cheering over Shinji getting rekt.

What the fuck does that mean besides that you either self-insert as Shinji or are under 18 (or both)?

>The crux of this is that you don't know WHAT Gendo has been trying to make happen, WHY he has been trying to make it happen, or HOW he has being made it to happen.
Of course we don't know because the final movie is not out yet. Remember that Gendo's plan in the original wasn't revealed until EoE.
>the actual story, Shinji is being shamed and blamed for his actions in 2.0 which was, from his and everyone's PoV at that time and in 3.33, simply saving Rei.
No, some people in the story acts mistrusting of Shinji because they believe he has the power to end the world. No one blames Shinji for saving Rei.

Which doesn't happen in 3.33.

Well it would be nice if that were the case. In reality, we've got Poe's Law. Given that 3.33 presents itself as anti Shinji/Rei garbage, it's also impossible to distinguish from the genuine article.
As a consequence, Kaworu fans and Asuka shippers ate it up and praised Anno for sticking it to Shinji, as he deserved it.

You're really asking if 3.33 is ironic shit or just shit. We have a saying:

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

>Dedede
Always gets me

>Of course we don't know because the final movie is not out yet. Remember that Gendo's plan in the original wasn't revealed until EoE.

Nor does it need to be. In the original, Gendo was not the "absolute schemer" either. So there goes that angle.

What we have, is one movie that's been defining the status quo for seven + years and will do so. That invalidates any need for the story to finish.

>No, some people in the story acts mistrusting of Shinji because they believe he has the power to end the world. No one blames Shinji for saving Rei.

Yeah, the movie does, and plenty of Asuka/Kaworu fanboys do.

Doesn't matter, if the WHAT, WHY, and HOW is not revealed in any way, then it's also irrelevant as anything but a plot device. With or without the final movie, 3.33 doesn't change.

>No, some people in the story acts mistrusting of Shinji because they believe he has the power to end the world. No one blames Shinji for saving Rei.
See The movie itself links saving Rei with destroying the world. This is implying that Shinji is to blame for saving Rei and thus destroying the world.

It seems to me that the main point here is that Asuka/Kaworufags reacted a certain way to 3.33 that means Anno purposely made the movie with the intent of creating this reaction.
Is it not simply possible that the misinterpreted the movie? Since when did we look towards the delusional part of the fanbase to determine the meaning of a movie?
>Nor does it need to be. In the original, Gendo was not the "absolute schemer" either. So there goes that angle.
There were 3 schemers in NGE, Gendo, Yui and SEELE and none of their plans were revealed before EoE.

Because it's more likely that the movie was made to cater to said delusional part of the fanbase, i.e the Kaworu and Asuka fans.

This is because the staff is largely comprised of those people. Putting one and two together....

He's looking at Unit 01 in the reflection of a skyscraper right next to him

Attached: Ep02 - Unfamiliar Ceiling [The Beast].mkv_snapshot_20.06_[2019.06.30_14.52.28].jpg (720x576, 69K)

>There were 3 schemers in NGE, Gendo, Yui and SEELE and none of their plans were revealed before EoE.

Gendo's schemes never affected the plot until the end either.
Neither did Yui's, whose schemes were more of a gamble where she gave up in control in hope for more in the future.
SEELE's scheming is also made clear from the start.

When their true intentions are revealed, nothing really changes in terms of story either. None of the children or other major cast members were involved in something as extremely complex and finicky as being the target of a world-wide conspiracy spanning decades, one and alone. The only conspiracies in NGE concerned the whole world.

>It seems to me that the main point here is that Asuka/Kaworufags reacted a certain way to 3.33 that means Anno purposely made the movie with the intent of creating this reaction.
Is it not simply possible that the misinterpreted the movie? Since when did we look towards the delusional part of the fanbase to determine the meaning of a movie?

What if the delusional part of the fanbase ARE determining the meaning of the movie, and not just that, having a part in creating it? For normal people, 3.33 seems abhorrent and utterly stupid. There's no way to blame Shinji or Rei realistically, and if they've watched NGE, they'll also see the difference between old and new.

But maybe someone delusional doesn't? Maybe they see the Asuka that was "always supposed to be", or the "Rei that was supposed to be"? There's plenty of Rebuild opinion pieces who defend Rebuild from that angle.

Ignorant user here. I've never really been knowledgeable about Anno. Why does he supposedly hate Rei so much? Didn't he create her herself exactly as she is? What's his problem?

Also isn't Rei the heroine in the manga version? Was that written by someone else?

He hates her because she committed the sin of becoming more popular than his favorite character, Asuka.
It's for that reason he has never allowed Rei to do more than she did in NGE, and now created a remake movie series that is centered around the idea of Shinji choosing Rei, and the entire world being destroyed because of it.
While of course giving Asuka the angel powers and weapons Rei once had.

>Also isn't Rei the heroine in the manga version? Was that written by someone else?
Rei is the "heroine" in both versions.

The rebuild is mostly made by the same people that made the original. What is it that happend that made them hate Rei with such a passion? Why would they have become so delusional?

>Gendo's schemes never affected the plot until the end either.
SEELE multiple times doubt his loyalty, so he is obviously doing something to make them doubt him. SEELE would never for example have sent Kaworu to NERV if not for his scheming, Rei would not even exist if not for Gendo's scheming. It was obviously part of Gendo's plan to make Unit-01 swallow the S2 engine. Which leads to it being confide for a few episode meaning Shinji isn't available to help Asuka when she gets mindraped. The S2 engine is also important in EoE.
Gendo also gets Kaji to give him the Adam embryo which affects the plot.
>Neither did Yui's, whose schemes were more of a gamble where she gave up in control in hope for more in the future.
One thing she does is not interfere when the dummy plug attacks Toji and almost kills him or her action in episode 19 and 20. Or the fact that she decided to get sucked into the Eva right in front of Shinji when he was a child.

Rei looks better with long hair.

Prove me wrong.

Attached: EVA Rei bodysuit long hair.jpg (600x855, 91K)

There is no proof that Anno would hate Rei. It doesn't really makes sense with the amount of importance she has to the plot in EoE and the rebuilds.
What he have done though is said that he forgot Rei during the production of the show as well as say that Japanese people can't handle real women for preferring Rei.

EoE and NGE is different from the Rebuilds. If Anno didn't hate Rei, then how come he always speaks ill of Rei and has NEVER allowed Rei to do anything better than in NGE?

Not the same people, actually. A handful. Key people like Anno or Tsurumaki is there. Otheres like Sadamoto has no writing role, but is credited as "original designer".
What made them change? When they made Evangelion, they were neither famous, extremely rich or powerful. They had to actually do their best to get on. That means making good characters.

So they did.

Then Anno, who is a major otaku, sees his favorite being unpopular while Rei is super-popular. Turns out, there's really only room for one main heroine in a series, and that heroine was Rei. Not Asuka.

Anno grew bitter as a result.

>has NEVER allowed Rei to do anything better than in NGE?
Neither has Asuka.
Rei is however massively important in 1.11 and 2.22.

That wasn't the trick. Kaworu speaks vaguely about repairing the world and Shinji's hope, after scenes where he describes Earth's Lilin Problem and Shinji's hope to be alone forever in a merciless abyss, and Shinji takes that to mean rolling back Third Impact. Gendo's trick was turning Seele's Child into a dump for the 12th Angel and pitting Seele's Mk. 09 against all of Wille while he went to unplug Seele themselves.

>The rebuild is mostly made by the same people that made the original. What is it that happend that made them hate Rei with such a passion? Why would they have become so delusional?
see >SEELE multiple times doubt his loyalty, so he is obviously doing something to make them doubt him. SEELE would never for example have sent Kaworu to NERV if not for his scheming, Rei would not even exist if not for Gendo's scheming. It was obviously part of Gendo's plan to make Unit-01 swallow the S2 engine. Which leads to it being confide for a few episode meaning Shinji isn't available to help Asuka when she gets mindraped. The S2 engine is also important in EoE.
Gendo also gets Kaji to give him the Adam embryo which affects the plot.

Yeah but this only proves the point, doesn't it? When SEELE acts on it, the implications are instantly known. There's no hidden scheme hinted at since the first ep that doesn't get revealed in good time before it happens. Should something unexpected happen, it's been foreshadowed plenty and has a solid base in the story. It doesn't seem unrealistic.

>One thing she does is not interfere when the dummy plug attacks Toji and almost kills him or her action in episode 19 and 20. Or the fact that she decided to get sucked into the Eva right in front of Shinji when he was a child.
The difference here is not anything that defines the entire story of EVA as "Gendo secretly plotting" in Rebuild does.

That's a bold-faced lie though. Even in 2.22 which you mentioned, Asuka is rewritten FROM SCRATCH to be stronger, more stable and likable.

Of course they aren't exactly the same. Since the rebuilds sets up Gendo scheming from the beginning when he talks about getting Shinji and Rei to get close with each other.

It's not that they aren't the same, that earlier user is pointing out that the entirety of Rebuild is built upon Gendo's scheming.
NGE wasn't that.

In Rebuild Gendo's scheming is used as aplot device to delay or avoid explaining anything "because it's supposed to be secret", and so the brainless fan goes with it.

>classmates are back

feels good man

Attached: eva 4.0.jpg (1928x1220, 590K)

>So uh, we can all agree

No

Rei was rewritten to be stronger, more social, and likable too.

No, weaker, less capable, and a damsel in distress.

yes

There is very little that is not explained already. The main mystery of the rebuilds is Gendo's motivations and end goal.

1. No
2. In other words, entirely unlike NGE

>weaker, less capable
What version of 2.0 were you watching?

And Asuka got damseled too, even got rewritten out half way through because of it.

Attached: 0370b106d89efbf15fe264ff327a5b62.jpg (595x800, 60K)

I can certainly agree.

Attached: 1533493467590.jpg (720x1019, 84K)

Rebuild Asuka doesn't have the inch of height advantage on ShinjiRei anymore?
That is a dumb small change.

The real one obviously. Neo-Asuka has no real issues, and if you watch 3.33 there's no sign of any downward spiral and they've literally given Asuka super strength.

Attached: mpv-shot0002.jpg (1920x814, 224K)

Asuka is 28 in mind in 3.0, she would have matured past most of those issues, her life experiences literally doubled and she is purely war focused.

Anyway, you are avoiding the fact that Rei is much more positively depicted in 2.0 as well.

Soon

Attached: 1557680827589.jpg (500x600, 123K)

She isn't, Rei got wrecked by Zeruel and needed help where she succeeded in getting through the AT-field in NGE.

Then her EVA is weaker, and all that crap.

Here's a fucking question nobody's asked. What the fuck was Toji doing that he couldn't get his sister to the shelter in time?

boning her

Everybody but Gendo and Fuyutsuki got taller, but Asuka received less boost so the main Childs are the same.

Attached: 1531679568969.jpg (500x340, 51K)

Is there an actual date for 4.0 yet? Or at least a leak of the preview or something?

>Why does he supposedly hate Rei so much?
He doesn't,he jus doesn't like the concept of waifu
>Didn't he create her herself exactly as she is?
He did,as a way of criticizing otaku >What's his problem?
Ikuhara didn't fuck him
It isn't as much as Anno hating Rei it just that she is popular when Asuka is supposed to be the superior one

This is bullshit. Anno has his own waifus and his works always promotes waifus.

Stop spreading disinfo. The whole crux of the problem is this:
>It isn't as much as Anno hating Rei it just that she is popular when Asuka is supposed to be the superior one

Which is LITERALLY waifu butthurt.... he's made that Rei is more popular when HIS WAIFU was supposed to be the most popular.

Spoilers: Asuka is the objectively inferior one, which is why Anno changed all of EVA to change that.

Rei has no personality or social skills. NERV sees her as a key to unlocking Instrumentality and the only person who sees her as a human being are Gendo and Shinji.

Gendo sees her as a daughter he always wanted, but is pretty torn between stopping NERV from triggering the Third Impact and wanting to be reunited with Yui's soul using instrumentality.

Shinji in the original series sees Rei as a friend. In the Rebuild, however, he sees Rei as his own waifu.

Needing that assist from Mari is very minor, Zeruel looked stronger than it did in series and either way Rei got past its AT Field.
Rebuild Asuka similarly needed help against the Falling Angel and its core, she kept missing with her knife so Rei had to hold it steady.
Whereas in the series Asuka just stabbed it.

It's not minor, it's _less_. Less is what we're looking here.

>Rebuild Asuka similarly needed help against the Falling Angel and its core, she kept missing with her knife so Rei had to hold it steady.
>Whereas in the series Asuka just stabbed it.

Not true either, the same thing happens in NGE , Shinji stops it and Rei and Asuka work together on stabby.

In 2.0, this segues into Asuka having something she's never done in NGE, develop. She realizes she cant' do everything on her own and is just by understanding that, miles ahead of her original.

Furthermore, you're forgetting that Asuka gets introduced by aidrop with new shiny weapons and takes out an angle single-handedly.

Evafag containment board when

>no one

You poor summer child. You have no seen the depravity of how low Eva fans sink.

Attached: v4dvd3js265z.png (1125x2145, 497K)

It's assist vs no assist.... and after that Rei needs to be "saved".

Compare with Asuka, who gets a special forces airdrop and angel solo-kill right off the bat.

They didn't even get Rei the new EVA paintjob. Face it, Rei was robbed.

Yeah, the entire point is showing how Shinji choosing to save Rei is a bad thing, since Rei is a stand in for escapism. The entire message is choosing escapism (Rei) over reality leads to ine's downfall or decline. You are reading way too much into this when the theme is very surface level because you have an inferiority complex about your waifu

Except Rei isn't a stand-in for escapism in NGE (Asuka is), and there isn't any correlation that works in Rebuild either.

It's the switcheroo done so poorly that 3.0 just ended up a shit flick.

That's what it's trying to show, because Anno is so butthurt about Rei being more popular and on-paper, better than Asuka.

But it failed because Rei inherently did nothing to promote escapism, and Shinji saving a comrade isn't escapism in itself. That's why everyone except raging kaworu and asukafans diss 3.0 for not making any sense whatsoever.

Why the fuck would anyone have any right to be mad at Shinji for? He did literally what he was asked, what they asked at that, and Rei is based as well. That little faggot saved their asses from the world ending, Misato would have been fucking paste if Shinji didn't get in there.

Pure fan fiction here.
There is nothing to indicate that Rei would be a stand in for escapism.

3.0 was written by a fujo tumblr demon that possessed Anno's body. He woke up two years ago with no clue what happened.

You're opinion is so surface level and biased. You do realize Anno doesn't 'hate' Rei as a character, correct? She is the embodiment of Escapism in NGE, which heavily promoted anti escapism themes, and despite this gooks went up in arms over their blue haired waifu.

He doesn't like the reception of her to the mainstream gook audience, who have decided the shirk away from reality and promote and idealize a character that embodies the thing Anno was trying to warn those same people about.

The fact that you don't understand even that means your opinion on the Rebuilds are biased and garbage.

Attached: 1552892427619.jpg (720x570, 35K)

Both of these posts are stupid, neither character ever represents escapism like they are just an object with 1 trait.

2.0 was a dumb fanservice shit fest.
And 3.0's plot is just shit fanfic tier writing that tries to be clever by slapping the people that liked 2.0, except its still terrible even if you disliked 2.0.

The entire point of 2.22 was writing characters the way waifu fags wanted them to be.

That's why Asuka is stronger and less obviously mentally traumatized.
That's why Rei becomes the pokipoki waifu for Shinji and tries to get Shinji and Gendo to talk their problems out
That's why Gendo agrees to the dinner party.
That's why Shinji goes full TTGL at the end.

The entire point flew right over your head.

See You as a butthurt fanfag would like that to be true, but I remind you that there's no argument or case that can made for what you said is true.

Not true though. There's a bias present that destroys that theory.

Because in 2.22, Rei becomes notably weaker, and as a character she lacks much of what made her an all-round attractive character to begin with, the mystery. Moreover, Rei's EVA is bastardized and still stays yellow, and she does WORSE in combat in 2.22.
Contrast that with Asuka, who has all those improvements with none of the downsides. Those "improvements" stay there in 3.33 while adding even more to Asuka.

I'd actually love for the "it's anti waifu" theory to be true, but it literally can't be when 3.33 continues pushing pro-waifu shit like eva has NEVER done before. It's just wishful thinking on your part. Eva as the "critic" in anime is dead.

She's a blank waifu who just needs a little love to become the MCs dick muncher. She's extremely submissive to 'niceties' like Shinji cleaning up her room. She's literally the 90 otaku's idealized dream girl to project fantasies onto.

I'm not even butthurt, I'm a Misato fag. You people just seem extremely biased and are running mental gymnastic scripts to defend your waifu.

the rebuilds are shit, why does anno bother

The reason people latched onto Rei wasn't because of her combat ability in the show, but because of her 'personality', or lack thereof. The people peddling Rei waifushit enlarged and exemplified those qualities throughout the years.

2.22 is just showing what every delusional waifu fag who couldn't let go of Rei wanted with her actions and personality towards other characters in the movie. Her actual combat prowess isn't really that important since that's not a reason otakus latched onto her in the first place.

Compared to Misato, who will flash and try to fuck him even if he does nothing? Her dying breath literally lands down his throat?
Same with Asuka, just exist and she'll shove her tongue down his throat? She'll lie there and Shinji will use her as a cumrag? Yeah that happened. EoE motherfucker.

Rei was never anyone's dick muncher, if she's touched that Shinji cleaned her room, then wow, good on her. Actual good heart there. This isn't even mental gymnastics. It's just the canon.

If your point is that these cute 2d girls can be used for escapism... then WHOAH no shit bro. But as far as representing it in anime... yeah, look towards Asuka and Misato who incorparates it as part of their character. I wouldn't bet on the ONE character that tells Shinji to get his shit together.

>This is why it is above ALL ELSE Rei in EoE that challenges Shinji on his escapism, and ultimately is the cause for instrumentality ending.
You're literally admitting that she's essentially Shinji's doormat. Good to know.

Reminder that gendo fucked yui, rei(both teen and loli versions), ritsuko, and ritsuko's mom

>The reason people latched onto Rei wasn't because of her combat ability in the show, but because of her 'personality', or lack thereof. The people peddling Rei waifushit enlarged and exemplified those qualities throughout the years.
That's just an insane strawman. Fanart, figures and illustrations of Rei fighting, holding the Lance of Longinus or with her BLUE eva being the most popular didn't come out of fucking nowhere.
That this is absent from Rei's character in the Rebuilds is a clear and obvious reduction.

...and god knows, maybe there's people out there that like a varied sort of character. The only thing you're doing by reducing Rei is, well, reducing Rei and hurting her popularity. Which is what happened.

Stop being delusional.

Attached: 1560469558241.jpg (323x499, 29K)

>Rei challenges Shinji
>Gets him to snap out of it
>somehow this makes Rei Shinji's doormat
how's life in bizarro world?

>This is why it is above ALL ELSE Rei in EoE that challenges Shinji on his escapism, and ultimately is the cause for instrumentality ending.
>You're literally admitting that she's essentially Shinji's doormat.

...wait. What?

The difference being Misato and Asuka are individuals with their own personality as a result of their life experiences and interactions.

Rei is literally a doormat who blindly follows orders until the MC arrives, a stand in for the audience, to change that.

>Misato
>got her job through nepotism and is blindly led around by NERV until chad kaji fucks some sense into her (literally)
Okay.

>Asuka
>little girl raised to be an eva pilot her entire life to the point where she has no other personality than the one she was programmed with an EVA pilot
Okay.

>Rei
>demigod that was put into a human body, brainwashed but still manages to define herself and not be tied to her own role, grows as she meets people in particular shinji, rebels and destroys her would-be puppet-master
Uh-huh.

Yet you somehow think the latter isn't an "individual". Congratulations on not getting Eva.

>asuka
>being capable of having her own personality

I'll give you Misato, but she's much older than the other two and unfortunately for you, MIsato was just as much of a dupe as everyone else until Kaji came along and literally told her what was going on.
I mean be fair here. Rei is obviously brainwashed and indoctrinated, but because Rei has actual scenes where she reflects on herself and what she is, who she is, and never lets herself be defined by others, that means she does have an objectively provable personality. One that's her own.

That puts her miles ahead of Asuka, and is at worst on par with Misato.

Nice strawman. I never said she wasn't an individual. She became one throughout the course of the show as a result of her interactions with Shinji, as I said above.

You keep purposefully misreading my posts. The catalyst for Rei's change from Gendo's doormat to real individual is Shinji, the MC, which is significant.

Rei was always an individual. It's questionable if Asuka ever attained that same status. Rei was never Gendo's doormat any more than any well-mannered child is their fathers doormat.

Rei said it best ever herself, before she smiled at Shinji, that she didn't pilot for Gendo's sake. But for the people. Rei has a heroine-vibe in NGE.

Misato and Asuka do have their own personalities. Misato has hers as a result of experiencing the Second Impact and Asuka has her flawed personality as a result of her trauma as a child making her want to be a self-sufficient adult.

Yes, these two characters are flawed and never really self-actualize, but they are real individuals with their own flawed personalities, just as many in reality have.

Rei is an obedient lap dog up until the show starts, as the MC gets introduced and she begins to interact. It is during the show she really begins to develop her own personalitu, again, with Shinji being the catalyst from lap dog to individual.

Hmm you're right I forgot about that part in EP8.

Like I said I'll give you Misato. But you forget that Misato is older, and at their age, Misato spent TWO FUCKING YEARS being catatonic. After experiencing that, she became obsessed with revent.

Asuka, no. Asuka was trained and programmed like a doll. She doesn't have any personality of her own, said "trauma" is the direct meddling of NERV introducing her into the EVA programme. Do you really think she was just magically an EVA pilot? They took her mom away and then trained her to sync with her dead soul in a giant robot.

Asuka's personality is therefore "I am EVA pilot", as this is what they trained her for. When NERV eventually sacks Asuka from the programme, Asuka goes catatonic because being an EVA pilot was what she identified as . Without that, she is no one. IN OTHER WORDS, SHE HAS NO PERSONALITY OF HER OWN. She had one on loan from NERV; and once they took that, she had nothign.

As for Rei:
>Rei is an obedient lap dog up until the show starts,
No more than ayone else doing their duty.

>as the MC gets introduced and she begins to interact.
With the MC. Which is obvious because the MC wasn't there before.

>It is during the show she really begins to develop her own personalitu, again, with Shinji being the catalyst from lap dog to individual.
You fail to say how, because that never happened in the show. Rei was always on another tier, the only thing about Rei is that she was socially stunted from years of abuse and isolation. She was always and individual that at her core, never lost sight of herself, as broken as she was.

>I'm a Misato fag.
Figures

>textwall Reifag is back
It's been months, where have you been?
Are you going to take up the crusade on the dozens of asukafags that have taken over eva threads since you've been gone?

You actually changed my opinion, I think you're right for the most part. I do disagree with Asuka not having a personality. She has her own mannerisms and sense of pride that she displays in her everyday interactions, but more so the thing that was borrowed 'on loan' from NERV was her pillar of self worth as an EVA pilot as a result of their meddling. I think she's a very interesting character desu.

All three characters have had their personalities shaped in one way or another by NERV or their fore fathers. Misato with the forefathers of NERV starting the second impact, Asuka with NERV directly meddling in her familial affairs and traumatizing her as a result, and Rei obviously because she was bred and raised by them.

Yes, they're all affected. Rei, Misato, Shinji, and Asuka.

But if you're going to call ANYONE of these a doll, puppet, or someone without a personality, that one person had better be Asuka because that's whom the shoe fits. There's a good reason why all the doll imagery is directly connected with Asuka.

I like rei because she reminds me of my own escapist attitudes and how I used to be. I can relate to all the characters in one way or another but when I was younger I was very much like Rei, which is why I find her interesting. Also why it hurts that everyone hates her lmao

Rei I is best Rei

Attached: evFOKgJ.jpg (1247x940, 122K)

Fucking kid!

falseflag

Also the people who think Rei doesn't have personality are either not paying attention or are unironically autistic. She's a lot more subtle and introverted than Asuka but there's still plenty of personality.

*blocks your path*

Attached: 1556134524647.jpg (267x401, 23K)

Hell yeah, brother

Yeah in the context of the plot she is replaceable like a doll which ends up triggering her shit from adolescence. E.g., Rei performing well with Shinji during the sync training, getting overtaken by Shinji with sync rates, losing in combat to Shinji vs angels, being replaceable as a love interest to Shinji as he will literally take anybody showing him affection, etc.

Honestly Asuka, along with Shinji, are the two most interesting characters for me to examine in the show. There's so much nuance and subtleties in their interactions that are so telling when you know more about what makes them tick.

I was a Reifag growing up because she reminded me of my idealized dream woman as a young incel. I never really 'related' to her despite being extremely introverted since she was way to far left on that spectrum and at least she wasn't afraid to speak her mind.

I definitely related most to Shinji as a teenager with profound loneliness and running away, and now at 24 I relate most to Asuka as the only thing keeping my ego supported are my pillars of self worth from my strength from powerlifting and from my BJJ proficiency. If I didn't have these and one day lost the use of my legs I'd basically kill myself/become catatonic like Asuka since I have nothing left providing rapport for my fragile ego.

I also want to bang the fuck out of Misato and daughteru Asuka and Rei.

falseflag.

>everything I don't like is a false flag

Kill yourself idiot

Try some Rei. All of that with added existential exploration, with the spicier Shinji relationship, AND the better girl.

Five years ago I would have said "No, that's asuka", but rewatching NGE i realize Rei is just so much mature and well written. I feel like I've missed out somehow.

superior waifu

Attached: 20190630_152008.png (500x375, 18K)

I moved on from my Reifaginess to Asukafaginess. Sorry user my boat has sailed.

>he went from the uglier rat over the less ugly (but still ugly) dog.
Sasuga, user.

*to the

What the fuck

Dogs > Cats > Rats

I never really felt like anyone from Eva would be a good partner. I had some mental health issues and was on medication when I first watched eva, which had a lot of nasty side effects. I would curl in on myself and sort of go through life on autopilot. It felt like nothing was real, like I was in a fever dream. I didn't really care about anything, and I was hoping I would die. I wasn't really alive, I didn't do anything, and I have about a year or two missing from my memory. It's like I wasn't even a person. I only tried to actively kill myself once but I wanted to die every day.

That's why I like Rei as a character, or part of it. When I look at her I see a lot of similarities to how I felt. I don't think I would want to date her, but I've dated girls like her. Idk. I just want to help her. So much of the character's problems could be fixed if they just had someone who cared about them, and who they could open up to. Who does Rei have? The only adults in her life are either apathetic, manipulative, or drugging her. She doesn't have any friends. I just feel bad because I know what it's like to some degree at least

OK retard.

Ritsuko=Misato >>>>>> Anyone else

>congratulations!

Yeah man I feel you. I always get melancholic at the end of my viewing of NGE + EoE because I just want all the kids to be happy and find somebody who cares about them.

Nobody loves Rei, Asuka or Shinji really. Gendo just uses Rei as a sex doll stand-in for Yui, Asuka is literally used and abused by every adult in the entire show and never has anybody actually try and show her compassion, and Shinji is just way too selfish and autistic to take his relationships with others a step forward when he literally has Asuka begging for his cock and Misato basically doing the same.

I guess the ending of EoE was 'sort of' happy since it seems Asuka and Shinji supposedly finally to learn to love themselves and accept each other, rejecting the escapism of Instrumentality for reality and the yin and yang of pain and happiness it brings, but they are also left in a barren fuck-all wasteland with nothing to do except fuck and sit idly until they starve to death.

At least Rei gets some sort of closure by her turning into the messenger of 'hope and love' along with Kaworu in Instrumentality, but I'd rather see her in reality as an individual.

Attached: 1561601047529.png (657x527, 171K)

>I always get melancholic at the end of my viewing of NGE + EoE because I just want all the kids to be happy and find somebody who cares about them.

I just want to protect them bros. Idk why this show makes me feel these feels.

>tfw I'm an Asukafag mostly because I just want to help her get past her mental trauma and help turn her into a responsible young adult by encouraging her and showing actual compassion

I'm also a sucker for feisty red-heads as a result of watching Kindergarten Cop too many times, I wanted to bang the red-head in that movie more than Arnold's young blonde love interest.

Attached: 1561349104165.jpg (1440x1080, 887K)

>Nobody loves Rei, Asuka or Shinji really

Absolutely... ;_;

>the one Rei thread has 4 times more posts than posters

Feels good to be an Asukafag

Attached: eva_nazi_1100757228636.jpg (800x577, 100K)

Deepest Eva mystery finally solved

>I always get melancholic at the end of my viewing of NGE + EoE because I just want all the kids to be happy and find somebody who cares about them.

Yeah, this is my big thing. I just want to like give them all big hugs and tell them everything is going to be OK. Just let them cry into my shoulder as I just say sweet nothings to make them feel better and give them some emotional warmth from another human being.

Attached: 1552805714840.jpg (450x634, 145K)