Dororo

How can an anime be AOTS twice in a row?

Attached: images (3).jpg (466x659, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/A3_CharaCharge/status/1144512771641397250
boards.fireden.net/cm/search/text/dororo/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But Dororo isn't mob psycho 100 2

I really loved Dororo as well, and I thought the ending was great, but only the first cour was actually AOTS

Party is over...

Aniki...

Tfw It is really over now
bros...

Attached: images (12).jpg (322x340, 53K)

im actually pretty unhappy with the ending... its like hyakkimaru just decided to stop killing out of nowhere. the sudden senseless developement weirded me out.

-manga was better

Is the OST out yet?

Second cour was fucking shit tho

Are you dense or something? Hyakkimaru had a legit reason to be angry before, he wanted his body back, he got his body back. What reason does he has no kill people? Or even Daigo, a now powerless man that lost everything he loved and now is too broken to take vengeance on him?

This. Not to mention he got closure on pretty much everything that made him angry. His brother apologized and validated his anger, his mother also apologized and told him she loved him. He got some sweet last words from Jukai. The demons are dead, he got his body back, and Daigo's army was also defeated.

First cour also was shit t b h.

No, release date is 14th of august.

Dropped it when they changed OPs

Everything between the begging and the end were kind of meh. It relied a fuckton on it's first ep. being a badass hook.

I liked it but it wasn't AOTS

Attached: D-E9MdhXkAMehSQ.jpg (1200x891, 172K)

>no translation yet
fucking nips

Attached: you-cant-learn-japanese-5ab18b5703a42.png (756x574, 86K)

Secold half sucks
And the animation is just horrible and painful to watch, even worse than the season 2 of One Punch Man.

Ask Darling in the Franxx

Why did jukai stay and die? Was it because he gave hyakki the means to kill?

He wanted to die a long time ago.

Nope it was slightly better than OPM S2, there were a few times where I'd watch OPM and Dororo back to back and just think it's fucking ridiculous that the obscure show Dororo gets the more fluid animation while OPM is animated by preschoolers.

Yes Dororo did dip in quality a couple of times. But it was often more like Good -> Mediocre, while OPM goes from Mediocre -> Trash.

You have to go back

PLEASE POST CUTE DORORO AND ANIKI PICS. I need them...please

They got together at the end right?

Attached: 1561882322045.jpg (600x360, 153K)

AOTY for me.
The last scenes implies they reunited.

>But it was often more like Good -> Mediocre, while OPM goes from Mediocre -> Trash.
Dororo can go from Glorious -> Trash (although it doesn't drop real low that often) while OPM basically stays Mediocre. OPM hasn't had a cut of animation like this but it never had anything good either.

Attached: 1561311338257.webm (1280x720, 437K)

>How can an anime be AOTS twice in a row?
This is how

Attached: 1556446707155.jpg (1164x944, 262K)

It nosedived in quality after Mio and never recovered
what the fuck was that ending

>aniki...
>dororo...
>*everyone but them die*
>aniki...
>dororo...
>*save each other's lives*
>aniki...
>dororo...
>WELP NOW THAT OUR TROUBLE IS OVER MIGHT AS WELL JUST STOP HANGING OUT LAWL
Dumb fucking nip meme writing

I lost interest after the first half. Still a decent show though.

Based and boogiepilled

Attached: DwEOuA1VAAAOYgO.jpg (1335x2048, 209K)

I love the character designs in the series, but who was the cutest?

Attached: vs.png (968x1028, 806K)

Mio.

Both are cute, but I like Dororo's eye shape more

Aniki >>>>>>>>>>> Mio > Teen!Dororo > Mothfu >Bandai > Osushi

Attached: L'oreal.gif (540x290, 2.46M)

8 LEGS!!

Attached: 1550515564419.jpg (1920x1080, 572K)

I wonder how pent up they were after having not seen each other for so long.

Attached: 4361B5DB-38EB-43F1-8B63-D6CB5B00DD0B.jpg (1375x2033, 2.63M)

How many children will they have?

It wasn't even that good. But then again absolutely nothing has been good this year aside from Run with the Wind but that was boring as shit

Dororo maybe, but I'm sure Hyakkimaru wasn't short of options

Attached: D9190YTVUAIko6F.png (800x567, 638K)

Ending seemed a bit rushed, but these last six months have been very enjoyable regardless.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Dororo - 23 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_17.45_[2019.06.18_01.48.57].jpg (1920x1080, 485K)

Mappa ships them so...

Attached: tumblr_ptnaz4GZxV1t2xpay_540.jpg (540x675, 96K)

Hope you're not seriously implying for Dororo to be anyhting but a Yea Forums anime, the same way those other two are.

Ohagi was great, but Mamma Moth was the sexiest. I hate this anime for making me want to marry an insect.

Attached: latest[1].png (1280x720, 735K)

Why is the blacksmith's daughter so moe? Every single girl in this anime was just so great, despite none of them being overtly sexualized. They're all just so pretty! Hyakkimaru is pretty too (no homo).

is ok user
even shark boi was pretty cute

Attached: sharkboi.png (1118x650, 319K)

Spring was weak enough that despite 2nd cour being not quite as good as the first, it was still AOTS.
But 1st cour was still 2nd to Mob in Winter, sorry.

Why the fuck would you give her such a fine human form (and even feature her in the opening) if in the episodes she is 99% of the time in her moth form? With a total of 40 minutes they had the opportunity to make a satisfying adaptation of that arc, they are all a bunch of hacks

It was a mediocre anime.

If we got an OVA what would you like to see the most?

For me, it's slice of life Hyakkimaru stuff

Attached: example1.png (524x742, 375K)

I'd like an "after" story where we see Hyakkimaru and Dororo hang out after they reunite.

honestly i loved the show to pieces but it's pretty easy to call it AOTS when every other show both seasons was either nonexistent, ass, or we had two or three other decent shows at best

I'm torn between Hyakki and Dororo's life after their reunion, or Biwamaru's past as a samurai and his back story in general.

Attached: D-TpZsrUIAEpn9i.jpg_large.jpg (447x2048, 206K)

Attached: D-TpZsrUIAAcahO.jpg_large.jpg (447x2048, 192K)

"I'm back, Dororo."

Attached: D-TpZsrUEAAsaKF.jpg_large.jpg (447x2048, 185K)

>almost july
>still no Aniki figma

KnY has already gotten alot of stuff whats taking so long

Attached: D9-HhW3U4AEjClC.jpg (1199x1003, 126K)

Can they be any cuter?

Attached: D-UM-YNUIAADqDg.jpg (768x768, 104K)

I imagine KnY was been planned in advance because it's a popular series and boosted by Shounen Jump.
Let's hope it'll be at Wonfest in less than a month.

>was been
"was"
Fuck me

>MAPPA
>AOTS anything

Cute and wholesome.
Also check'd

Attached: 1539124271950.gif (480x270, 363K)

In these past threads, it has occurred to me that witnessing Aniki without his fake eyes, as beautiful as he may be, feels wrong and unsettling.

It may be because he has only had them for two scenes, but unlike other characters whose eyes are strange, Hyakkimaru puts me at unease when he's not wearing his fake eyes. As if that is not how it should be, as if I'm not suppose to see what I'm seeing.

I believe his face is beautiful, he is a very pretty guy, who makes me question my sexual orientation. His eyes are that of a beautiful girl, and so is the structure of his face. Capturing his beauty on paper doesn't come easy, I bet.

His hair are also very comforting, almost reaching waist level, it appear soft, like those of a pretty young lady.

It all seems wonderful, as long as its hidden away by the demons, which appears as if it's purposely there to seal away that beautiful, mysterious gaze of his.

I still recall the scene where Hyakkimaru peeked over his shoulder, ever so slightly, to look at teen!Dororo. I couldn't help but freeze myself for a second, and stare at his face, focused on gazing at the world that stood before him. That very face, felt as if it was a blessing, which no mere human like myself was allowed to experience.

In recent threads, there's a lot of Ikemen!Hyakkimaru, which creates a disturbing sensation which goes down my spine every time I see a screencap of him. Is this right? Should I look away? Should I keep watching as if nothing was happening?

How could I possibly pretend that his face didn't give me a feeling of discomfort. That was simply not possible. thread after thread, he is there, as precious and graceful as ever, perhaps even more than usual.

To think that we will never see that face again, makes me feel even more upset. If mere hours after the anime aired have this overwhelming effect on me, what of a full-fledged life? How could anyone, anyone at all, withstand such a thing?

Attached: Dororo I....jpg (1200x675, 71K)

>what is Zombieland Saga

original
>be manly
>has character developing
>speak his mind and has feelings

new
>skinny gay
>no character developing since he can't speak (lol)

fail

Attached: c0612_main.jpg (1120x800, 1.09M)

>no character developing since he can't speak
That's wrong though. He speaks for about half of the episodes and he does have character development. You're right that he's more of a pretty girlyboy than the original though.

Attached: 1551052101540.jpg (476x532, 154K)

what a shitty and forgettable anime

Anime Hyakki's body language was done splendidly though, and his condition makes him much more relatable than manga Hyakki that is basically a human being with super powers since he can still use his senses.
For being a cripple he got a better development than a lot of normal characters of other anime.

Literally nobody thinks that

Mediocre as hell unless you started watching anime 2 seasons ago

Anime Hyaki makes more sense. This is a rare case when anime is better than source material.

Shark guy was fucking insane and I loved it.

Attached: sm.png (951x473, 486K)

dororo is shit

I like him.
Dude is metal.

Eh, he was okay. He was a good in between villain. That arc was pretty well adapted (unlike the fucking Moth arc).

>figma
Why don't you want a proper scale figure?

He is strangely attractive. I also liked Hyakki vs. the sharks.

Who is that girl?

Imagine.

Is this mono no aware?

This pasta is so gay, it might as well have steel riveted leather straps. I’m posting this in every Dororo thread from here on.

Attached: A7CEC59C-19E9-4C52-AAC3-22D27B7D8933.jpg (618x1024, 81K)

>1st half
10/10
>2nd half
6/10 at best

>Last 5 seconds
11/10

Attached: XuOnPHD[1].jpg (1920x1080, 207K)

I do, but the figma was announced in like february and we haven't heard anything new

Attached: D-Ewc5wX4AADWRU.jpg (780x500, 72K)

Oh God my heart!

>was just about to get The Headrub from aniue
>demon fucks him up

being Tahomaru is suffering

Attached: 241.png (1286x720, 1.05M)

It'd be a 20/10 for me if they showed the two of them hugging and if we got a full body shot of Dororo, now I can only hope for character sheets in some books that will never be scanned.

Attached: D-RQrjnXkAE6RA7.png (755x736, 197K)

>draw the most adororable girl ever
>only feature her for a few seconds

That was unfair

>"quick-witted"
>"can take action"
>"leadership"
>"spunky woman" (maybe)
"The ikemen spot is taken!" "Hyakkimaru is just born"

Attached: D-VSPFrUcAAKKU4.jpg (1200x845, 125K)

Just finished it yesterday, I liked it a lot, although I would have liked if the demons had a little bit of backstory to them, and weren't so weak.

In the manga the demons are just as weak if not weaker than their anime counterpart. But at least there was some build up to the fights.

so why have you left reddit behind any particular reason (like limiting free speech or some thing desu ) or just because ?

here's a tip for ya don't ask questions that will make you look like a newfag ,newfag

Attached: 1527366317256.jpg (400x267, 14K)

I saw all the Inuyasha episodes in Japanese last year. Fucking tears.
Now Dodoro ended. Again tears.
Is there another good Feudal, Yokai anime based?

Attached: 1551716803407.jpg (222x222, 19K)

Mononoke

I wanted kunoichi Dororo.

When Takahashi wrote Inuyasha I'm sure she took some inspiration from Dororo, the two series are so similar thematically and in the atmosphere.
Off the top of my head I can only think of Nurarihyon no mago, Natsume yuujinchou, or Saiyuki, but they miss the feudal part.

Mob was AOTS for me during the Winter season, in terms of productions quality I don't think they're even close. The show I was looking forward to the most during Spring was Hitoribocchi but I have absolutely no problem with anyone who says this was AOTS. Spring was a very weak season with very few standouts, but Dororo was still a pretty great show.

This is one of the few occasions I disagree with that statement. The adaptation in this case is superior to the manga.

Attached: 1535270803180.jpg (1068x1500, 324K)

Nurarihyon no mago is full of shonenshit tropes.

I guess Mushishi deserves a mention, but it's set in a very vaguely feudal period, the supernatural beings aren't based on classic youkai, and the tone couldn't be more different from Dororo's.

>Nurarihyon no mago is full of shonenshit tropes.
I'm aware of this, but it has a fuckton of yokai and it's nice aesthetically. I think it's worth a watch if you can digest shounen cliché. I realize this series is probably not what that user is looking for though.

Biwamaru should teach her how to use the sword

I think it was just that one director's fault, the one that made ep 15 the biggest train wreck. Rewatching ep 14 right before 15 felt so jarring, not just in terms of animation.

does mushishi count
it's about this dude wandering the land dealing with these creatures, but it usually gets resolved peacefully
it's a incredibly comfy iyashikei anime

...I’m a refugee from other boards but please don’t even insult me so much as to imply I’ve ever even been on reddit.

Kimetsu no Yaiba, tho it is not feudal times and different in tone

Attached: tumblr_ptrnixPmgq1v0zr05o5_1280.png (1200x1320, 515K)

I'm gonna watch Moroboito(sp?) after this, haven't seen it yet but it seems to be similar in that it's a feudal setting action adventure series.

I can't believe Dororo is dead

Attached: D97QCbMU0AAMASu.jpg (640x960, 85K)

Why is Mamamaru so pretty? Why has she barely changed in 20 years? Why doesn't Daigo have 20 sons?

From what I've seen, Yea Forums runs a little paranoid. Be prepared to be accused of being an ebaumsworld spy at any moment.

Also, shameless pillow talk.

Attached: Damngurl.png (2344x1321, 1.78M)

She was probably still quite young, somewhere in her thirties, as women got children pretty early back then.
Also sacrificing your firstborn to demon + depression probably killed her sex drive, and like any warlord he may have had concubines

Attached: moe no kata.png (230x334, 73K)

Pillow talk must be nice. I shouldn't have watched Shield Hero and played Azur Lane during the same season. That Raphtalia-Atago one-two punch hit me square in the feels.

Attached: 1556400069818.jpg (392x445, 44K)

Mashed Potanya

Why do all the good things have to end

Attached: orig.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

I remember feeling melancholic after having watched the last episode of Witch Craft Works until a wise user cheered me up with a message that I can't forget because of how much it resonates with me. He told me that I shouldn't see it as a series ending, but as a series making place for something better to replace it. Now I can look forward with anticipation whenever a series I like ends, because I know there's something better on the horizon.

Attached: 1500409095568.jpg (463x411, 115K)

>Dororo realize that other places are using pacts with demon in order to get some of that Daigo pie
>This actually raises the youkai spawn rate to the fucking roof
>Hyakkimaru must go on a Doom-like rampage against demon-infested areas
>Dororo is in charge of the footsoldiers and the placement of traps, as well as managing the town all by herself

You know, this sounds like it'd make for a banger video game.
>Hyakkima

Before the Dororo theads dies... Is there any translator anons here?

Attached: 75475425_p0_master1200.jpg (505x784, 293K)

I honestly thought his situation in the anime was far more interesting. We saw how lacking his body parts drastically affected his life, and his will to survive was all the more impressive for it. His connections to his fellow humans were more precious as well.

Attached: 75475425_p1_master1200.jpg (510x742, 319K)

Attached: 75475425_p2.jpg (534x822, 365K)

snoozefest of an anime.

forgettable trash

Seconding

cutest couple ever

In order, with a blank line denoting each new panel
>Bro!!
>Dororo...!

>You're pretty...

>You're... handsome...

>Pretty
>Handsome
>Pretty
>Handsome
>Hey, look at all that.

>It's finally become quiet.

>Your house...
>Yeah... I'm sorry it's cramped!

>Will we be alone for awhile?
>...Yeah. What so you think bro?

>I was attacked several times on my journey...
>I was scared...
>Was a it a man? A woman?
>Both...?

>Haha. That must have been troublesome...

(This is the black text in the first panel)
>This feels kind of nostalgic.

>Dororo... You're pretty...
>...!
>Bro..............

>(Black text in the third panel) I'm hungry.

>That guy... the line... he crossed, it huh?
>He's looking at the color of our souls!?

I think if you adapt a 50 year old piece of work that was infamous for a rushed ending and then rush the shit out of it's second half and leave it with a vague rushed open ending you should unironically be publically shamed.
Series was good, could've been better, holy shit Mothwoman part 2 was so bad

Attached: [Angry sacrifice noises].gif (512x381, 544K)

bless you user!

Attached: 74596673_p1_master1200.jpg (768x768, 333K)

Based Translator user. May god bless you.

Attached: 1561186602952.png (794x966, 379K)

Based and translate-pilled

Aniki finding redemption by solving more weird demon cases (by sword of course) see pic related

Tezuka why

Attached: mangacap.png (1006x733, 573K)

Dororo was the cutest, her VA helped make her cute

Does she still have shark teeth tho

Okowa.

Aniki and Dororo monster-of-the-week lighthearted adventure spinoff needs to happen. I don't give a shit if there's source material or not, it writes itself.

What could possibly be cuter than crooked teeth Dororo?
Well,Dororo with Bracesofc

As much as you're wrong and a faggot, I do somewhat agree. Should have had Hyakki get his hearing and voice back first instead of his left leg and skin. Gotten his character development started earlier, more of the banter with Dororo that made the manga good, and would have kept him as a skinless Horrormaru longer which would have been pretty baller.

It’s just part of the norm,user,but I thank you for your kind words.

the moment he started getting really bent on recovering his body and during that bit at the second to last episode when he starts questionging himself why everyone is shitting on his plate when he was searching for tahomaru, he started to act a bit as mangamaru imo,

I dropped it midway through, so I guess I do? Show looks ugly and washed out 80% of the time, Dororo is just a glorified mouthpiece for a mute character, monster of the week episodes were hit and miss. It wasn't AOTS even once, much less twice.

>pic
Is that where the Mangaka of Gunnm got this idea from?

can we get a good wholesome Aniki and Dororo pic dump?

Attached: 7F7B7C5A-810B-469A-8AC0-875C7357B3B6.jpg (206x245, 8K)

why was tahomaru missing his heart at the end when every other time hyakkimaru saw him he was whole? i don't get it

Spitballs, but might have to do with giving in to the demons and his 2 aides dying

Attached: 5LYzTBVoS196gvYvw3zjwDgbKToQ3rURbzywrJHyN9w.png (853x480, 333K)

First cour was decent

Spitballing *

Attached: 5LYzTBVoS196gvYvw3zjwBVox3ugEod9oU1G4jzYP_0.png (853x480, 370K)

>AOTS twice in a row
That's not how it fucking works, multi-cour shows just count for the season they started in. This was standard practice for ages, why have people started forgetting it?

>weebs
>standards

Pick one and only one

Moribito's fantasy not-Korea.

>In the end, the real Dororo was the friends we made along the way...

Attached: 1561394361551.jpg (1280x720, 218K)

I see

Attached: AEDCCB08-86C1-43A9-8C7E-052165E66DDF.jpg (700x1384, 96K)

not much of dental care in feudal japan so

Attached: D6xZNc-UIAAomNX.jpg (414x636, 45K)

Attached: D7luGJyU0AAGTpe.jpg (848x1199, 157K)

Attached: D2eWckIVAAAIDQQ.jpg (1200x1200, 200K)

Attached: D9131kMVUAEmBBf.jpg (831x1199, 129K)

should be alot in the /cm/ archive btw

Attached: D3tZXU1UIAAMnUv.jpg (1015x1199, 259K)

Link to archive, if you wouldnt mind

Best boi, right after Dororo

Attached: 11808954.png (933x827, 498K)

>Dororo
>boy
>hunterfag

Attached: 1543699145834.png (350x320, 18K)

Attached: D-UJ-A_U0AA1opn.jpg (1200x1019, 301K)

Just go to /cm/ and write Dororo in the search bar

This is cute.

twitter.com/A3_CharaCharge/status/1144512771641397250

Attached: D-IgQvSUwAAmEpI.jpg (1754x1241, 487K)

dororo is ugly now

Oh hey, a faggot.

Why'd he do it bros? That abandonment was ice cold.

Old priest dude explained it

Second half was garbage to average at best. Ending was rushed. Quality went all of the map.

Master class bait.

That was just some platitudinous bullshit to make Dororo feel better. He abandons her literally the scene after proving his good humanity by sparing Daigo. I think he was actually running away from his own pedophilic feelings towards her upon regaining his vision.

Angolmois Gassenki lacks the supernatural element but is a good character-driven war story in its own right. Has pretty bad visuals tho.

Technically Tsukumogami Kashimasu - but I don't think that fits in the spirit of the request.

He had been using Dororo as a kind of crutch and moral compass for himself - and in the process putting her in harm's way. With a completeness of body, Hyakkimaru needed to figure out who he was as a person alone.

it's mostly Hyakkimaru because /cm/, but here:
>boards.fireden.net/cm/search/text/dororo/

Attached: D91K7kWUcAAeRay.png (702x1200, 372K)

Wouldn't have hurt a last interaction between them. Even in the manga Hyakkimaru takes some time to tell Dororo that he's going to leave.

This. Them doing their own thing is an interesting devolpement, but the could at least have squeezed in a minute for a goodbye scene.
Because that was so abrupt

Attached: D7oOXJIV4AE4msL.jpg (700x978, 143K)

What's gonna happen in tonight's episode?

The cast leaving the party because it's over.

NEW EPISODE WHEN?

Attached: 25話.jpg (1200x675, 92K)

The second half was really rocky. The final episode was great though despite Tahomaru getting shit on again for no reason.

How do we stop the party being over?

Fuck you and fuck the artist for playing with my heart like this. I thought it was real.

Attached: 1561974122630.png (676x676, 298K)

I wonder how old Dororo actually is in that final scene.

Attached: D-ZL8aJVUAA9TDt.jpg_large.jpg (2048x1450, 423K)

Pomf

Probably 16-18.

a-any translators still here?

Attached: D-KzXvrU4AAcGWg.jpg (600x1200, 168K)

I'll miss sugars stuff

Attached: 75503914_p0_master1200.jpg (600x736, 304K)