Is berserk actually that good? Its ranked 1 the highest on MAL, though the anime looks garbage with those CGI animations

Is berserk actually that good? Its ranked 1 the highest on MAL, though the anime looks garbage with those CGI animations

Attached: 1558554675287.png (844x1200, 1.76M)

go read it then tell us if it's good, nigger

Is berserk actually that good?
Yes

Attached: Guts.png (900x432, 551K)

Yes, the anime being shit has nothing to do with the manga.

Watch the trilogy movie and/or the 90s anime. Then read it. The nu Anime is gay.

That's because they had some moetard direct the 2016 version, the 1997 is the closest you'll get to the source material in the Golden Age Arc with old but rather good animation, the Manga itself is a masterpiece.

90% of it is shit.

>asking Yea Forums whether something is good or bad

>MAL
>Caring about what people consider good
You quite literally need to go back

Its the definitive harsh fantasy manga and anime

Lurk for 2 years before posting.

Read the manga and don't bother with any of the adaptations. Fuck 97, fuck the movies. They both cut shit out and they don't come close to the manga.

Attached: 12253666.png (1472x1041, 1.6M)

It's a garbage series for edgebabies and thirsty incels. So naturally it is praised on MAL and Yea Forums.

Did you get flashbacks from the rape scenes?

Why is it so hard to do a good adaptation of Berserk?

its entry level garbage on the same tier as shonenshit

Case in point.

>Is berserk actually that good?
yes.
Also
>MAL
Kill yourself.

Berserk is not garbage. You are garbage. The art is great, the action is great, the story is great. It is the definitive dark fantasy manga

Attached: heathens..png (893x708, 630K)

dilate

>medieval setting contains rape and violence
>meant to appeal to incels

a lobotomy at this point would increase your intelligence

Lurk more

It's no Hunter², that's for sure

cringe

it's good, but not as good as everyone says

>Using racial slurs

Okay sweaty back to r/t_d

the animation in the 1997 anime is crap, the art is good but the animation cant be good because its mostly stills, aka not animated
1997 is the best anime adaptation of berserk, but you cant call the animation good when it hardly exists

fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers fuck zoomers

>>>/resetera/

is this Yea Forums?

yeah but guts's theme
>oohhhhhaaaaOOOHHHHAAAAA

Attached: 1534508291054.jpg (640x716, 113K)

Have sex

The movie trilogy is terrible.
The show actually has more animation than people give it credit for. And the stills are bloody nice.

No, at least not anymore

I watched the 3 The Golden Age Arc movies (they're ok) then read the manga from Chapter 1 afterwards.

It's honestly a masterpiece. Nothing I read has ever come close. It easily changed my life after reading it

The sex scenes are better in the movie. You can always read the manga later.

Attached: berserk.jpg (1248x585, 88K)

No

>Puck is holding the reigns of the horse

The small details in the art of Berserk are fantastic.

Yes.

Read and enjoy a tale about revenge, protecting those dear to you, and cutting giant demons in half with a giant fucking sword

Because barring the 97 series, no one pays attention to the backgrounds and ambiance.

>knowing about reddits posting habits
Fucking killyourself, cancer.

>though the anime looks garbage with those CGI animations
The CGI animation looks awesome in the manga.

It was good at a point, but clear to most fans that this shit fell off like a motherfucker.

Glad 97 cut things, they were cringe inducing.

so this isnt worth reading?

It's good until Guts gets a JRPG party with a loli witch, shota thief etc.

It's overrated due to being babbys first manga, but it's still worth reading.

When the FUCK is Miura coming back?

It starts out good, but then it goes to shit the moment generic fantasy monsters start coming out instead of the eldritch horrors we got from the start.

Pleb-filtered pleb is filtered.

Golden Age arc is the GOAT. It's all downhill from there and modern Berserk is trash.

I hate this meme. Golden Age was better than Black Swordsman and nothing else.

It's good with the edgelord crowd.
You know, the autists that imagine themselves all day being badass and "cool".

And also imagine themselves getting raped by BBC and getting cucked by their friends and losing arms and eyes and going grey at 23 because of a stressful, hellish life...

It turned into moeshit.

go read more bnha tranny

This. The series went down the shitter the moment Puck was introduced and Guts started cracking jokes.

Attached: Berserk used to be so edgy.png (1095x1600, 329K)

Dilate.

I think you might need help. Cardcaptor sakura, Yu-gi-oh, mabey pokemon is more your speed.

I binged the manga up till them trying to get onto the ship to elf island, but man oh man is it a fucking slog to get through now. It's just so boring.

>tfw berserk at it's worst is still better than most manga

Attached: Berserk - c263 (v30) - p138.jpg (470x731, 343K)

Guts is ANGRY. Angry about elves.

Genuinely curious, are people like you able to sit down and watch a movie ? Would you watch an anime if there werent at least two fight scenes every episode ?

Never. The series ends on a political cliffhanger.

They remind him of Griffith, who is a fairy.

not him but i beg you shut your ass up, the pacing of berserk has been absolute shit lately and then add in the hiatus and shit is terrible. The cunt finally resolves the casca issue and then blueballs us for a year just to piss people off.

Fuck Miura

Berserk is the epitome of cucckold shonen (yes it is a shonen at heart), so it's insanely popular in the West. It's basically the spiritual predecessor to Shingeki no Kyojin.

If you're a white redditor/far leftist/have low testosterone, you're gonna absolutely LOVE Berserk.

However, if you are none of the above and you would like to read actually good soft seinen (marketed as shonen), try JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, or Hunter × Hunter.

Best post in this thread.

Based.

>muh shonenbabby strawman

You know damn well he wasn't complaining about a lack of fight scenes.

This. Berserk is the leftie c/u/ck wet dream.

Nice

Pretty good

>seinen
I prefer Blame!

Shit. He's right, bros...

Attached: 11758497606854.jpg (1564x1593, 1.49M)

>Its ranked 1 the highest on MAL
How retarded do you have to be to think it's actually good?
It's pretty much a fucking guaranteed that this is dogshit meant to appeal to soulless husks.

>harsh fantasy
Hilarious. It's literally a Naruto tier power fantasy with edgy emo shit sprinkled through it. There's nothing harsh about it.

>spiritual predecessor to Shingeki no Kyojin.
>Hunter × Hunter.

Attached: where_does_it_go.jpg (584x649, 58K)

Well, it is the most popular manga on leftypol....

>thirsty incels
It might have scenes edgetards like you might consider edgy, but damn, what about it is for thirsty incels? They crave Donovans cock? Rape horse?
Or, dare I say it, naked females?
Who'd read Berserk for the sexual content when you have a million doujins or ero manga to pick from?

>2222
OH NO NO NO

Berserk = Naruto

HOW DO WE RECOVER BERSERKBROS

Based

Bersercucks on suicide watch

I can guarantee that all the berserkbabbies praising this cuckshit are actually redditors. Everyone talking shit = actual/a/nons.

Is this pasta, are you actually calling HxH good

Most people who read Naruto moved on to Berserk, yes.

Never read/watched Naruto.

They also tend to lie about it, because they're embarrassed about Naruto but not about Berserk for some reason. Look at this guy in example

Go find out for yourself and never listen to people on Yea Forums. No matter what it is, it will get the full shit treatment here.

I'm not lying. I've never bothered with ninjashit... or pirateshit.

I like it, but no. The art is good but everything else is mediocre and it has been at its lowest point with no increase of quality in sight for a decade. How overrated it is by not only reddit/mal but even here has baffled me for many years.

I think it is worth reading but don't go in with your expectations that high.

But user, Berserk has pirateshit.

Attached: boneman.png (260x500, 137K)

The machine says otherwise son...

>This. The series went down the shitter the moment Puck was introduced and Guts started cracking jokes.
Puck was introduced in the first chapter, you fuckstick.

It's not One Piece.

Your machine is broken, then. I avoided Naruto and One Piece because my friends in high school were behaving the same way as they did when we were into Dragonball Z, and that was when we were in elementary and middle school, so I avoided those series because I grew out of that shit, if it's relevant to DBZ. I instead got into Initial D, on high school because I was into cars.

*In high school

Good ol' contrarian. Never change

Just like any manga, Berserk isn't for everyone. However, the artwork is possibly the greatest in the medium, it's tightly written and the main characters are based. It's 30 years old and still ongoing, so expect the tone to shift as its progresses.

It's not as good as Battle Royale.

Attached: 4DA0A5F4-F796-4F32-94C8-F2DB51E544CF.jpg (800x1199, 272K)

Newfags talking shit about of Berserk of all things

fuck off back to facebook you trash

>Tightly written
Eh. Sure, it holds for everything up to conviction, but millennium falcon onwards drags and isn't as tightly focused

>Just like any manga, Berserk isn't for everyone. However, the artwork is possibly the greatest in the medium, it's tightly written and the main characters are based. It's 30 years old and still ongoing, so expect the tone to shift as its progresses.

When did Miura get tired of Berserk?

thats a cool leap of logic

Disagree. It's only the hiatuses that make people think that. If you read the Seagod chapters without interruption it's not a drag.

Wow, you must be really mature huh? You a big boy? Got your big boy pants on? Faggot? Huh?

Berserk has higher highs, but hot damn is battle royale consistently good read.

It's not that good but it's still very good
And watch the 90s anime

>When did Miura get tired of Berserk?
Right before the boat arc.

Probably around the time Miura got into Idolmaster

Kys Redditcuck. Berserk appeals exclusively to NPCs and redditors like you.

It's one of the best manga ever created, with consistently gorgeous art and an excellent story. Though, it gets a bit shoneny and generic as it progresses, probably due to the limitations of the medium and the author himself, who could be stated to have burnout after working on it for so many years with several seemingly never-ending hiatuses.

The writing is mediocre when compared to actual literature, but I don't feel like that's a fair comparison. Contrarians on Yea Forums always make this argument, so ignore them.

This user gets it

Holy shit when did every popular manga with any sort of action focus become part of a retarded shitflinging console war, buzzwords and all.

Attached: cb06afd07be401582fb8ee91e7912f9a-imagepng.png (843x903, 56K)

Cope redditor

yikes rent free cringe seethe have sex dilate

/thread, move on everyone.

kino post

cucckold shonen? what do you mean?

Are they still on the fucking boat?

After watching/reading Mnemosyne, Ghost In The Shell, Appleseed, Battle Royale, Parasyte, Berserk, Akira, Countach, Gantz, Jin-Roh, and Homunculus in the past 13 years, yeah, I view myself as a mature 30-year-old nerd.

Is it worth it?

Attached: hardcover_.png (1000x1550, 2.03M)

Metaphorically, yes.

Attached: 5489035E-87E9-4724-ABB1-4950339C4C89.jpg (690x303, 130K)

>There's nothing harsh about it.
Sure, I guess massacres and women being raped to death and skinned isn't harsh at all.
It's not hard to see who the edgelord is here.

That's shit's mediocre.

Attached: A56E5814-6470-4659-95D2-FD513432F732.jpg (200x200, 35K)

It's pretty common in modern afrika

Again, nothing harsh. Reality was much harsher. This is just kiddie thing.

Shonen for cuckolds. Other shonen in this genre:
Boku no Hero Academia
One Punch Otoko
The Promised Neverland
Attack on Shingeki no Kyojin
etc

>imagine being so contrary that you shit on a manga that shows incredible detail and vision, while fucking Isekai #8 - Help, I'm Trapped in The Computer sells a gorillion copies

Attached: Gutsu smile.jpg (204x246, 15K)

Golden age arc is the only part of it that's good. Drop it after eclipse. That's what I did. I ended it on a high note

>buying physical 'deluxe' versions of a manga that will never get an ending
lmao

I wish fucking newfags would stop bringing this piece of shit up.

what about berserk is for cucks?

Stop responding to bait.

Then it becomes great.

the movie trilogy is based but not nearly long enough so the characters fall flat.
the show is a beautiful gallery of watercolours and some of the worst fight scenes ever drawn.
I know you're a nostalgiafag but let's not pretend the 90s was anything but berserk being storybooked to us with great music. the godhand flying onscreen doesn't make up for 99% of the show being implied rather than shown.

>though the anime looks garbage with those CGI animations
There's more than one anime, Lil Zoom Zoom.

>The show actually has more animation than people give it credit for. And the stills are bloody nice.
I think the people who say it doesn't have much animation don't actually remember the series well.

Golden Age arc is incredible... outside of that. Not really? It's interesting yes but the development and execution leave a lot to be desired. Character interactions can be good at times but most of the time the characters their selves are just disjointed until the plot calls for them to care as if they always cared

It's "that good" until the end of the first major arc, ~chapter 100. Don't read it after that; it goes from one of the best dark fantasy seinens to a bland, predictable shounen, and it wastes 200 chapters of your life while doing it.

Everyone should've realized that Miura will completely fuck the series up when he decided to remove the chapter where Griffith meets "God" from future volume releases. It was probably one of the best chapters of any manga, and yet he removes it because it went too deep into the lore. 20 years later, he spends literal years of his life drawing a completely inconsequential arc about mermaids.

what chapters should one read if to start berserk? those 300+ chapters seem a bit long

>when he decided to remove the chapter where Griffith meets "God" from future volume releases
what

I read the entire seagods arc for the first time a few months ago and I could 100% tell that it was a filler arc. I was actually getting frustrated that this guy who spends months between releases would waste so many chapters on something unrelated to the greater plot.

The first one,like every other manga,retard. You can finish it in like 3 days.

Yes, I bought Volume 1 and 2 already.

What? Only chapter 1?

During the eclipse, there's a chapter where Griffith sees the "Idea of Evil". Later, Miura removed the chapter from any future releases:

"Episode 83, the "Lost Episode" in which the Idea converses with Griffith, was intentionally excluded from tankōbon format, as Miura felt the appearance of "god" would limit the story's range. Miura is undecided on whether or not he will feature the Idea in the manga again, though he has never explicitly denied its canonicity, even when asked."

And we never got lore ever again

Well,excuse us,my gucci loafers.

I know Im replying to bait,but cmon man,you know meant you should start from the beginning. Chapter 1 to 357

I had never heard that before
Dumb Miura

sure that isnt the beginning, incel. anyways going to read only to chapter 100 i guess

It's enjoyable up to the boat but after the eclipse it really does dive bomb I forget the chapter numbers though. After the eclipse it just become interesting instead of an engaging story

It's good if you like waiting literally years for a single chapter to release, only for it to be just a filler episode that nobody cares about.

No. It had nice art and has plenty of shock factor which appeals to teenagers getting into manga for the first time, that's it.

>Anime is trash
97 anime was good for it was, (great art, great music, alright animation). and much better than 16-17 anime. Only thing I liked about the latter was the ops.

Pathetic bugman.

lmaooo no, berserk is fucking terrible, it's cringe battle shounen troupues, with blood and tiddies, incredibly immature and poorly written, the hack at the helm didn't think ahead and so his been flopping over himself with a nothing burger for 20 years straight.

Anyone who says its good can never actually justify it, they just post a pretty picture, it's actually quite terrible, it's rank is testiment purely to the fact that it's fans where young and didn't have a critial bone in their body when first exposed to it.

It was so different from pokemon so they started to sing its praises, berserk in actuality sucks ass

Attached: 1534475211736.png (972x1446, 1.29M)

Oh no dude. TOTALLYNOTCHRISTIANITY is so fucking harsh bro! What a non sheep perspective, i love cartoonishly evil bad guys with zero redeeming qualities, existing purely to get shit on.

Its so harsh bro! look at all the blood and titties WOAH!

>cartoonishly evil bad guys with zero redeeming qualities

Yeah, both Naruto and Berserk got villains like that.

Oh no, berserk doesn't just contain rape, it's overuses it to a comical degree and puts it where it doesn't belong.

>Hmmm how do i show this guy is a mean mean bad guy ;/
>I guess he needs to be raping someone as he kills someone, and smiles and luaghs!

This isn't "contextual rape so it's okay!", it's just bad writing, miura being a chilidish idiot he is overused rape as a crutch that it's just a meme now and holds zero tension, and has no purpose in the story 99% of the time.

this shit is just yikes as fuck, and pure shock factor, you can write the exact same scene and convey this guy as evil without having him literally rape and kill all at once with a smile, this doesn't happen in medieval times, it;s literally just a chilidsh edglore write, forgoing logic for the sake of mindless edge for kids

Attached: 22.jpg (730x1100, 195K)

Ah yes, we didn't get enough mc dick sucking before, miura had to go a create a literal cheer leading squad for him, to spot empty dialogue about how totally awesome guts is.

It's like the fucking crowd from dragon ball z, but if follows the mc everywhere.
>W---WHA WAoh HoW DiDD HE STanD Up! O_o
>woooah guts is so cool and broken !!

cringe shit, literally sao tier garbage

Attached: 6.jpg (850x1200, 464K)

>this shit is just yikes as fuck
either kill yourself or leave.

No, Berserk has more of them, naruto infamous humanizes it's enemies, someone like zabuza is the perfect amount of edge with actual thought put into his character.

His not just a literal manifestation of some shitty thing, muira hates irl and wants to unfairly portray in his manga.

You should kill yourself, enjoy you're edgy battle shounen shit, which was always garbage btw, not just post golden age.

Attached: 1534476078752.png (968x1288, 1.41M)

just fuck off back to twitter or wherever you came from, cunt

return to your safe space bitch, on Yea Forums we shit all over that poorly written overrated garbage and you cant do shit about it fag

you actually wrote "this shit is just yikes as fuck"
you don't belong here

go to your safe space bitch .Yea Forums isnt it

This. Naruto is way better than Berserk.

I hate commentary like this. Its so common in anime, where the enemies and main character talk for ages in between the battle.

>nostalgiafagging
I saw it for the first time 3 years ago and it holds up really well. I'd never read the manga at that point and as a presentation of that story it didn't leave much to be desired. Great art, directing, music, and animation too (where it counted).
When reading the manga afterwards I felt like the anime did a better job than the actual manga did in many places, to the point where I re-watch now instead of re-read. Sounds like you're being overly harsh because it's cool and contrarian to dislike Berserk.

>That faggot whose only purpose was to provide a ship.

The only good part of Berserk was the golden age and the anime made a great adaptation including the fantastic OST. I'd rather watch it than re-read the manga.

Attached: 1528141564220.gif (220x392, 2.38M)

>gets to bang the princess
>thinks about Guts the entire time
and people say he wasn't gay

THAT'S THE JOKE

The pirates are legit filler though

>It's a garbage series for edgebabies
This, pic related is from the first chapter of the series

Attached: Berserk - 001 (v01) - p060 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (1810x2560, 2.93M)

OH

Wyald is meant to represent practices such as rape and terror tactics during war. He's not meant to be a source of fanservice or edgyness, but rather put those serious subjects that few stories bring the opportunity to tackle in the reader's mind.

Attached: 0060-009.jpg (1132x1600, 575K)

Based. Berserk legit is garbage, with writing worse than the average Jump manga, hell the mermaid/pirate arc would fit as anime filler in naruto.

Attached: 1560275277677.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

>CGI animations
As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't exist.

If you agree with that cancerous retard, you are also cancer.

Good thread. Lot's of good fishies.

Attached: bait's wrath.png (700x812, 230K)

If you think Berserk after Golden age is anything but generic uninspired garbage you are cancer.

Attached: 1437677238332.png (790x514, 207K)

Unironically this

Cringe

Yes, it's amazing. Love seeing poorfags seethe.

>berserk doesn't just contain rape, it's overuses it
No, the abundant rape is realistic. People were raping left and right back then, especially during war times.

she got a noice bum bum, what happens after?

of course, it is the best unfinished manga of all time

its ok until eclipse. the fantasy elements save the story.

In the panel you posted, he loses consciousness immediately afterwards, the thing was an intimidation tactic as they would have been all screwed if Guts continued to lay there on the ground, also Guts as a character was twice humiliated and emasculated in a way that most people wouldn't recover from, Donovan raping him and Femto chucking him, you can find self inserts everywhere but I doubt somebody humiliated to such a degree would be a good self insert for shounentards, if we only look at the Black Swordsman Arc without any context, only under that situation it can be views that way.

God do I fucking hate using a tablet

Right who the fuck reads Berserk and says "Boy I wish I was Guts."

Based

most of the retards in here seething at Berserk are probably SnK fags and huntertards, both having some good qualities but comparing either of the two to Berserk and claiming that the former is better must require extensive brain damage

Just read the manga.

I sure hope that cute loli didn't try to fuck that cucc.

ahahahahaah do besercucks actually think this?
Sorry user, his a one off edgy lord bad for bads sake completely vapid villian whom brings nothing to the story.

>rape is bad
woah, so deep, brave miura tackling such a serious topic!
He brings up rape every chance he gets, and it isn't taken seriously 99% of the time, it's just cheap fan service.

How many times, must casca clothes break the lows of physics just to show the horny 12 year old readers some tiddies? this shit is degrading, like i'm reading histories strongest disciple and her clothes are made of paper.

Miura, uses rape as a crutch to try and create tension, it's just a testiment to how lacking he is as a writer, you can replace the rape with the fear of death or defeat and nothing changes.

Instead of "Oh no, casca is about to be raped....for the 100th time!", it could "oh no, casca is about to die, we have to save her!", yet miura will bend over backwards for some cringey fan service and rape when it doesn't even make sense.

Attached: edgelordshit.jpg (725x1100, 223K)

No, people don't rape other people mid fight, this is just the childish delusions of an edge lord.

Based and high IQ

Cringe and probably underage

>In the panel you posted, he loses consciousness immediately afterwards
OH holy fuck, it's like you're retarded or something.

That's just the writer trying to justify the bad writing, in reality guts is completely free of consequence here when he shouldn't be.
Of course his allowed to faint, after the consequence of being killed is alleviated, and of course he can stand when he needs to using his bullshit battle shounen will power, even though he should've been long dead in this fight.
Having him faint after means nothing.

>Literally half way through the fight
>Cant even stand
>about to be electricuted
>woah wacky science meme
lmaooo, next time you're caught in a thunder storm, stand next to a large metal object and see what happens. What kind of autistic meme science is this?

And after all this he can reach within a pull out his super shounen will power and stand when he needs to, because Zodd OCC wont just kill him

Attached: autism.png (864x1284, 1.2M)

Agreed. All of the physical suffering Guts endures is inconsequential. Guts is supposedly on the verge of death after most big fights and never has to see the long terms effects of it. Even using the "Berserk armor" which is supposed to have some long term impact has done next to nothing. The damage to his body means nothing when he has magic to aid him.

Attached: chrollocheers.jpg (540x485, 47K)

holy fuck the dialogue is so shit, literally DBZ amazed crowd, like just don't give them speaking roles if they don't have anything interesting to say, they add nothing but guts dick sucking, the plot is so vapid there's no meaningful dialogue he could even put here holy shit berserk is a dumpster fire

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 4.54.31 PM.png (320x1244, 417K)

>Chrollolet is a berserkuck
Yikes

fucking based

Golden Age and edgy Guts's arcs were fine. Then the magic, lolis, and shounen shit ruined it.
Men, Berserk was so damn great even if it was edgy.

no
the manga is monster fight of the month but with nice art

>mal
>anime
You need to go

>of the month
I wish it was so

Attached: 1448153564865.jpg (640x382, 125K)