Laputa is best Ghibli

Laputa is best Ghibli.

Porco is most underrated Ghibli.

Attached: porco-rosso.jpg (1920x1080, 913K)

Always felt that the Yamadas was Ghibli’s most underrated work

Laputa is just a very well constructed and executed adventure story. There's not much to get out of it.

(Talking about 'Castle in the Sky')
>I made it seem like science fiction written a long time ago. I wrote it as science fiction written in the day of steam engines. So I went full force with the last scenes, thinking, "This is all right." It's best to think of it as a work of science fiction written at the end of the nineteenth century.
>I understand that you did some location scouting for Castle in the Sky, traveling first of all the way to Wales in the United Kingdom. how did this help you make the film?
>I don't know if it helped or not, but it came about because the producer, Isao Takahata, said that if we were going to set the film in the days of the Industrial Revolution, we probably should go to England. We got all excited about the idea of going to see the coal mines in Wales and the apple blossoms in Sussex along the coast South of London, and we decided to actually go.
>The first images that I really got into drawing were of a valley. Flatlands are hard to turn into interesting visuals. I don't know if they actually had any open pit mines in Wales or not, but I thought it would be fun to show a valley with lots of mine holes in it. Right after returning from Wales I showed the drawings to Mamoru Oshii. He took one look and exclaimed, "What? They actually have places like this?" That's when I knew we could really get away with the idea. [laughs] It made me confident of our direction.

Attached: 0133e870e37bd25605d3e56a2627e480.jpg (220x309, 27K)

You don't need to get much out of something for it to be kino. The simplest stories executed well are often the best.

I'm a bit bias because it was the first Ghibli film I saw as a kid. I just remember a real sense of awe when they made it to the through the storm and touched down at the castle in a moment calm and just let all of scenery speak for itself.

Attached: laputa_castle_in_the_sky.png (1600x865, 1.46M)

I agree, laputa is apex ghibli

100% agree with this post. But not Ghibli, Miyazaki.

Attached: [TenB] Gundam Seed - 01 [1280x720 Hi10P BD FLAC][9A8E740D][00:05:17]001.png (323x397, 198K)

I really like spirited away

You are all wrong. Kiki's Delivery Service trumps Laputa. And From Up On Poppy Hill is most underrated.

Agree.
And all films after princess mononoke are pure garbages.

Most underrated would be Pom Poko
Poppy Hill was shit

What’s the tier list of Takahata/Miyazaki directed TV anime?

Kiki's an absolute delight. I don't think I quite understood the core theme when I was younger though. I watched it with my nephews a while back and ended up tearing up nearing the end.

Attached: 1184486.jpg (1600x962, 210K)

I forgot about Pom Poko. And Poppy wasn't shit, it had the delightful potential incest love story and a deep cultural and historical context. It tool place at the turning point of Japan's post war status upgrade to economic and manufacturing powerhouse.

>Most underrated would be Pom Poko
It genuinely depresses me Isao Takahata never caught on in the west the way Miyazaki did, and even if there's an incoming surge of popularity, he's going to be able to see it

If you like creative/original stuff
>Future Boy Conan
>Sherlock Hound
>Lupin III 1971

If you like slow/long burn stuff
>Anne of Green Gables
>Marco, 3,000 Leagues in Search of Mother
>Heidi, Girl of the Alps

There's not a whole lot of point in trying to rank them overall, since they vary, but I would insist that Future Boy Conan is "objectively" the best one, if pushed, and I think it's one that everyone should watch.

Porco is always a really comfy watch for me, it's also A E S T H E T I C as fuck with all that old Italian stuff.

Whisper of the Heart is the actual most underrated.
Porco Rosso is a close second though.

Good taste. Tempted to go see Whisper next week when it's in theaters across the US

Tried watching some of these movies, but all I could think is these lolsodeep movies are so pretentious!

OK honest to goodness Porco Rosso and old pictures of Italian countryside or small (inhabited) islands give me a history boner that I can't get from any other culture. It's amazing

Attached: 145204-full (1).png (400x300, 99K)

I liked Ponyo best

Attached: fishtank_wide-b3697da90a8d3726cf8cc1aac9061dd6f09c129d-s800-c85.jpg (800x450, 112K)

Biased but I think Kiki is best Ghibli. Might be because I used to watch it with my mom as a kid

They don't try to be deep at all though you retard. They're simple adventures with beautiful visuals.

I thought Marnie was pretty underrated. I really enjoyed it.

I thought Arrietty was dogshit aside from the size difference visuals. Super annoying characters

I always felt bad for the nameless soldiers who died while on the castle. I don't know, I just always kind felt for the nameless badguy mooks. Porco Rosso is definitely my favorite though, a true /k/ anime.

My favorite Ghibli is Whisper of the Heart
which might sound like i'm just trying to be different but it's one of my top 5 favorite movies

>Future Boy Conan
This. It's one of the only five or six anime I like.

ponyo's color palette is legendary

agreed

Attached: robot.png (498x268, 55K)

I'd say Princess Kaguya is both the best and most underrated.