Does there exist a manga better than Berserk?

Does there exist a manga better than Berserk?

Attached: 421C436F-EBED-44B4-AF41-090706A70CF7.jpg (344x479, 174K)

HAHAHA, is that a joke?

Attached: not for brainlets.jpg (666x499, 151K)

>HxH
>Manga
Sorry,that is soft LN

I love aot but I don’t think it’s nearly as good as Berserk

No. Praise donovan.

boring bait

Depends on what you like but there's plenty of reasons to dislike Berserk. Most of all being literally not being able to read it because it never comes out. But the quality has apparently been dropping for a while too. Can't say much about it myself of the latest stuff because I dropped it a while ago.

Yeah there are stories that actually end

Banana no Nana

I’m not going to fanboy, but even though the hiatuses are long and the artwork is getting worse, it’s still amazing. You can’t deny the supreme character building and story telling. I don’t see any manga anywhere getting close to Berserk in terms of overall rating.

Attached: 05398A02-C1E3-4F89-A558-FB9BE0B7A74D.jpg (1242x1755, 1.48M)

Current Berserk is actually terrible and i'm expecting it to get axed or forcefully ended so yes, i do believe better manga exist.

>no Vagabond

literally the GOAT

It's not going to be axed. Berserk is probably at least partially carrying the magazine it's in.

Thanks, I’ll check it out

Kingdom. I've spent many nights reading hundreds of chapters with the same level of engagement throughout. The artwork is very similar and the story is at a very large scale.

Attached: image.jpg (728x1107, 282K)

I just started reading it and it seems a bit too Japanese, does that ever change?

Nice! Looks like something out of Berserk

depends on what you mean by too japanese

I like history and all, but does it remain a work of fiction in a non fictional world? And the same for Kingdom. Do either of these manga have some fantasy? Or are they strictly historical pieces?

Why do you say the artwork is getting worse? Many of the recent chapters are fucking boring, and so the artwork is boring. But the recent chapters devoted to one particular Big Event, I thought, were beautifully illustrated. But maybe I wasn't looking closely enough.

I think the biggest issue is the faces. The eyes are getting bigger and the face sizes are shrinking.

Attached: E1CC31DC-CACC-441B-B008-249BBF841AE9.png (900x900, 724K)

It certainly takes a lot of creative liberties but nothing too face palming. Warriors and Generals are portrayed as these monstrous gods but it is very grounded when it talks diplomacy and military tactics

Attached: image.jpg (728x1090, 348K)

Oh shit, that sounds baste. I’ll definitely bookmark it.

>Masterpiece
>Not a single good chapter in the last 10 years
Berserkfags sure are delusional.

Please, feel free to share your favorite manga with us

I'll warn you that the beginning is a bit slow, but when the ball starts rolling you physically can't stop reading

Attached: image.jpg (1456x1090, 702K)

Wow, that graphic pretty much sums it up. You're right. Thanks for posting!

Good shit. One more question, does it have any romance lol

Not that I have to but sure my top 3 now are
Vinland Saga, Dungeon Meshi and Goblin Slayer.

at least the art is still phenomenal and Casca is awake now

(You)

Nice. I mean, it is a thread for suggestions :D
Np :-)

what the fucl

Sigh... I guess technically. The there are some pretty explicit sexual scenes but they are pretty plot driven. As far as romance goes it's pretty wholesome so far, but the tension is there.

Oh shit, the faggot in me can’t help but love a little bit of romance. Not totally unexpected with the whole Guts and Casca thing haha

Same. But that's why I read Kaguya-sama which is a whole nother rabbit hole

Lmao yes, yes it is

Attached: 3AE5EB45-C192-4CF3-8DCE-6F776170AD6D.gif (480x270, 3.98M)

:)))

Attached: image.png (2048x1536, 2.76M)

>Dungeon Meshi
Excellent tastebuds right there
Ye got a strong stomach, lad

I love kingdom a lot but i feel the characters aren't as good as Berserk

Haha is that a joke!?

no :/

Attached: 1561442226487.jpg (255x344, 89K)

>goblin slayer

Lol

By the choices you said you should be wanking to berserk.

I agree that the characters are not as fleshed out, but the magic comes from the interactions and conflicts between these simple yet interesting personalities.

Attached: image.jpg (1456x1105, 583K)

I don't specifically dislike berserk more than I hate its pretentious fandom. The reason I am not wanking to berserk is because it has too many shounen tropes. I know you like the "cool" berserk armor but sorry that's a shounen power up that Guts needed to beat the shounen power creep and shit on GS all you want but that's not something that happens there.

Agreed, kingdom is underrated outside of Japan.

Its very clearly just the wait time getting to new readers the quality has overall remained the same but i will say the god damn pirates was a low point

Read more stuff in general, Berserk isn't that good aside from having nice art for part of it's run. It's mainly notable for it's at-the-time shock factor moments played off as being something 'deep and meaningful' more than anything else. If it came out a little later on I'm certain it'd be significantly less well-regarded.

Soooo new chapter should be coming around soon right....?

I refuse to believe this isn't bait

berserk looks infinitely better than most cookie cutter shit eating manga and anime that comes out these days.

>says something is overrated
>doesn't actually suggest anything better
Every single time

Sure, anything that isn't calling berserk a masterpiece should be a bait.

No but something praising garbage like GS definitely is. Christ.

Berserk isn't even in the top 20 best manga. Don't expect anyone to name anything better, though. No one has so far.

Fire Punch

>it is very grounded when it talks diplomacy and military tactics
No, it's usual shit with generals thinking "steps ahead" and rolling the dice anyway and relying on hearts of soldiers instead of tricks and actual logistics and tactics. In real life you poke your opponent to gauge his weaknesses, you don't gamble on how many steps ahead someone thought this out because this shit never works.
God, this scene with strategists deciphering message by putting it on a cone (converge on the capital, what?) irked me sooo much.

OK I want to see that list right now

I barely mentioned GS but I knew that would trigger some berserktard like you.

Wolf Guy.

GS is fucking trash, even if you hate berserk you should have the mental capacity to see that. Crappy fanservice, terrible barebones story, mediocre at best art, awful characters and completely unearned edginess. About as bottom of the barrel as you can go. You whined about shonen power ups and praised a series where the MC is rezzed by laying naked with his virgin loli companion.

Point taken, but it's still fun to see elements such as morale and 4D chess in this setting

I’ll have to disagree. The art is definitely a major part of why I love Berserk, but the at-the-time shock moments still shocked me twenty years later. The Berserk is old but timeless. There’s also so much more beyond the surface level that you’re explaining.

Love Hina

Well, yeah. Chinese stuff (even when drawn by japanese) is weird in a nice way. But then they just have to go into hardcore VENERATE YOUR ANCESTORS territory.

same

Like that one Zhao army that made up entirely of the orphans of a huge massacre by one of the previous six uber Qin generals?

Or like Dong's meatballs made out of his retainers. Sounds yummy

I love Berserk but Aot is in next level

why does his hair keep changing from straight to dragonball z porcupine to straight to dragonball z porcupine and back to straight?

Lmao I didn’t notice that. Guts hair takes on many forms

It gets messy sometimes clearly

I think AoT is next level thinking for sure, and has some amazing and intricate story lines that I still don’t understand. But something that is just a bit complex pales when compared to Berserk’s character development. Berserk is less plot focused and more character driven. Eren, Mikasa, and Armin are great and all, but none of them are as intricate as Guts. Guts is definitely the main focus for most of the story, whereas problems such as getting to Elfhelm and revenging Griffith are secondary plots that will eventually only serve to show how far Guts has come in his journey.

>laying naked with his virgin loli companion.
Funny because that's is something that happens in berserk and having a loli you
should be able to tell that Schierke is one and Priestess isn't. But thanks now I know you are just shitting on GS because it gained a little popularity.
>awful characters
I enjoy their interactions and some of them develop a lot with the pass of the novels and are you seriously implying that any character in berserk that isn't Guts or Griffith isn't trash?
>terrible barebones story
True there is no big bad to kill like any other story but it was always a story about healing and that's what I like about it.
>completely unearned edginess
Apparently berserkfags have selective memory or you forgot everything that is not the golden age because you know all of it is shit. What happened with Wyald, the trolls or the women used to create demons? Was all of that earned and those womem had great backstories?

The main difference is that no one is saying GS is the best manga ever just a good one and it has only 30+ compared to the 300+ Berserk has.

Short of a few chapters, Berserk sucks balls ever since Guts got on that boat more than a decade ago.

I'm still reading it due to how phenomenal the first 150 chapters were, but honestly, it sucks. I wish Miura would just end it already.

Does Miura do anything beside Berserk? It must be a truly terrible thing for an author to be a prisoner of your own making. Never getting beyond the Golden Age, everything spiralling downwards ever since

I agree with the second part, it needs to end soon. With Casca’s return I think we’ll see it happen very soon. Right now though Miura is clearly trying to bring everything together with the moon boy, Griffith, tree of life thingy, elfhelm, and Casca.

He’s attempted to branch out to other mangas, but of course none of them did anywhere as well as Berserk.

LOL

Attached: HxH.png (148x41, 2K)