Is AB kill? Down for "maintenance" for a while now

Is AB kill? Down for "maintenance" for a while now.

Attached: 1446081227806.png (199x145, 12K)

Who cares? It sucks.

No, your ISP simply blocked you, Paco.

Attached: 6a0120a85dcdae970b0128776ff992970c-pi.png (200x193, 30K)

It's up for me.

>my application was rejected
fixed

kek

Attached: 1552665964992.png (512x512, 275K)

How much of a retard does one have to be to get their application rejected? I just wrote a few sentences about my favorite anime and they let me in.

is this the monthly ab shill thread?

please stop seething

It's okay user, maybe next time they open registrations mods won't laugh at your shit taste

> 2009+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1
> private tracker
The real goals are to spread information as wide as possible, and to encourage people to participate according to their abilities. Ratios themselves have no meaning, neither has hierarchy on some website. Even Boxtorrents allowed public downloads until it went on red alert, and its admins got MIA, apparently.

We all know the real reason for this. It's circlejerk.

Throw your tantrum for as long as you want, but I will enjoy my seedboxed shorts and OVAs, allowing me to download at 10MB/s no matter the anime I want to download. No delayed watching, no 50kb/s seeded by some Australian. If it wasn't for private trackers, I'd have quit watching anime a long, long time ago. Nyaa doesn't have shit. And most the older anime it still has seed at 3rd world speeds.

>muh secret club
Nobody cares.

No, she's fine.

Let's see. My combined upload/download ratio over 15 years and multiple torrent clients is about 40. Obviously, most of it is on public torrents, but my statistics on private trackers allows me to download everything anyway. I have never spend a single cent on seedboxes and donations. I don't have a multi-terabyte storage that holds everything, it all came just from keeping stuff online as appropriate.

It is strange that you aren't aware of the problems with private trackers. Even a decade ago, they were openly criticized, and some have since improved (causing a spectacular butthurt of certain kind of its users). Closed trackers don't encourage participation that could significantly help the spread of the data, and they are unacceptably centralized. Press on its owners to shut it down, and everything disappears. What is the point of praising the choice and speed that were provided, if the data is now a dead weight scattered across the globe, and making it publicly available requires the same amount of work as making it publicly available from the get go?

A lot of people on private trackers want to feel proud of their perceived fame in these communities. To keep their delusions intact, admins keep the show going. It doesn't help that most admins belong to that group.

You have described some things you enjoy getting from others, but haven't told what others can get from you, that's quite a consumerist attitude. Shouldn't you, perhaps, switch to streaming?

I am Legend on AB without a single piece of transcoded music, but thank you very much. You're not entitled to get access to all the data you want because it happens to exist. There is no problem with private trackers. They enable the continued existence of data. You have no clue what you're talking about and don't even realize how much content can almost exclusively be found on certain trackers such as PTP. Trackers where people upload content impossible to buy. Publishing this content directs attention towards then and the upload, increasing probability of criminal/civil prosecution and for the sites to get nuked. Hosting something on a private network reduces those odds.

Again, throw your little tantrum as much as you want but you clearly have no idea why private trackers are a necessity, and why they are required. Half the non-seasonal shit you download off Nyaa used to come from ADC, a private tracker for asian content. Be humble.

QED

Also,
> AB
> PTP
> ADC
It's “AnimeBytes”, “PassThePopcorn”, and “AsianDVDClub”. Following the rule of NOT STATING, UNDER ANY CONDITIONS, THE FULL NAME OF THE TRACKER OUTSIDE OF IT TO KEEP RIAA/MPAA AWAY was laughable even back in the days. You're such a cringeworthy circlejerker.

which tracker touched you, user?

not him but i'm still mad that i had a what.cd account and that i didn't just download fucking everything before they died
>tfw third world internet with shit upload speeds and no money for a seedbox
i will never be able to get on another private tracker again...

>Press on its owners to shut it down, and everything disappears.
So exactly the same as public trackers, but less likely to be taken down?

You don't need a private tracker for music. Rutracker has 95% of the shit RED has, bar all the bandcamp shit nobody cares about.

I want AB, I already get all my music shit from rutracker and soulseek.

In case you haven't noticed, DATorrents tracker has been dead for a decade, and NyaaTorrents catalog has been dead for a couple of years, and you still can find some of the files shared with the former that had torrent uploaded to the latter, and download them — at least the ones active in my client. You can't do that with private torrents. Everything that has been on dead private trackers is gone from the internet… unless some REPROBATE has BROKEN THE RULES and re-uploaded it somewhere.

I'm not sure if it's blissful ignorance, or you really don't understand how bittorrent works.

>some of the files shared with the former that had torrent uploaded to the latter
Emphasis on some. And they are seeded at 50kbs upload. Not 100% of them. Not at high speeds. Not a handful of worthwhile encodes to choose from. Sour grapes my friend. Go be a public cuck for the rest of your life, but some of us actually prefer to watch anime.

Why is Pixiv so fucking slow recently?
Pictures load so slowly, it's like you're on dial-up.

>implying it's not random

>hurr you can't reupload from private trackers
not the torrent files, but the content? 99% of the time, yeah.

> some vs exactly zero

>unless some REPROBATE has BROKEN THE RULES and re-uploaded it somewhere.
Cross-seeding is literally the most common thing to do. Everybody who got invited to PTP because they were AB instantly cross-seeded a thousand movies and had infinite BP.

It is against the rules! You can lose your Platinum Faggot status if you do that!

>not having been around for so long that everything you have was at some point popularly seeded and have no use for private trackers
Fucking kids, I swear.

Before you just looked like someone unable to reach the grapes. Now you look like a LARPer, too. What's the next step of your masterplan?

Sorry Grandpa. I had a life during my 10s and 20s so I didn't start bothering with anime until I was 30+.

>30+
you're the grandpa

Every decent encode or release you can get over xdcc anyways, your circlejerk club status means literally nothing. Stop pretending it does.

So basically you did the opposite of the norm and started watching anime only after you had become a manchild instead of before? Honestly, the thought gives me a pretty good laugh.

>you can get over xdcc
Kek, 2 years ago every single worthwhile XDCC bot died and you couldn't even download proper encodes for fucking Ghibli movies anymore. I have a hard time buying your story.

Bullshit, I can still get plenty of releases in subgroup channels or #news, not too mention the bots running on networks outside of Rizon. Stop lying you retarded mongrel.

Living life and being in relationships has taught me how much I hate people, women in particular. Now one of my hobbies is animation, anime being part of that. If that makes me a manchild then so be it. I'll gladly stay one than going back to being a chad unable to find a partner truly worth their time.

>private tracker
>RULES
>sucking mod and admin cock

no thank you, I'm not a cuck

>Bullshit, I can still get plenty of releases in subgroup channels or #news, not too mention the bots running on networks outside of Rizon. Stop lying you retarded mongrel.
They exist?
xdcc is definitely getting weaker though. It all seemingly depends on a few people running clusters of bots. Sometimes bots just die.
I often have to revert to animetosho. There isn't even a bot that keeps up with Erai-Raws releases.
Maybe it's because IRC is dying. Do they have filesharing on discancer?

You haven't noticed that I have accounts on private trackers. It doesn't make the concept any less outdated and broken. The other thing that came over your head is that I talk about sharing with others, and long-term plans, while you concentrate on getting things, and its convenience. To each their own, I suppose, though I expect you to rage quit and delete everything the moment you learn your e-penis is not increased any more with your uploads.

>sharing with others, and long-term plans
AB has been around for 10 years and has had the vast majority of it's anime content on freeleech for quite some time. Remind me again, how long have nyaa.si and pantsu been around. And what incentive do people have to seed on it? Right, there isn't one, which is why most torrents are dead or poorly seeded.

If only.

please dont inform the norman of ss

Surprised Miku isn't in the poll
Even more surprised Aisaka Taiga chan is apparently more loved than heavyweights like Seiba and Asuka.

Attached: tumblr_ply7xbj7Ot1t3nnako1_1280.jpg (960x1440, 274K)

They have rules to ensure Pedro, Pajeet and Mohammed won't be able to pollute them.

> The Tales Platinum Faggots Tell To Themselves

List your top 3 anime and I might spare an invite. Don't forget to post your email

Attached: 1544803351181.png (304x89, 3K)

boku
no
pico

[email protected]

Ironically, it's US peers who have always been castrates when it comes to upload speed.

> The Land of Freedom. Freedom to take it in the ass from any of Big Five ISPs.

Yep.

Attached: downtime.png (600x450, 189K)

Public invites are against the rules.

Only if you snitch

Do they ever ban you for too low of a raw ratio? My """ratio""" is double digits thanks to yen but my raw ratio is abysmally low.

> Remind me again, how long have nyaa.si and pantsu been around.
You don't even understand that these are catalog sites, and that their content initially came from defunct Nyaatorrents. You don't need them for torrents to keep working. How many idiots populate this board?

Would DHT be a surprise for you?

>Public invites are against the rules

Attached: seethe.jpg (785x731, 101K)

>You don't need them for torrents to keep working. How many idiots populate this board?
You do, or otherwise less and less people will get access to the torrents, thereby driving down the seeds and speeds. You're literally retarded, that;s really what this boils down to. You live in some vacuum where somehow the files are reuploded to public trackers, and where the torrents of dead pages and mirrored trackers are somehow seeded by a noteworthy amount of people. They aren't, that's factual. Either you live on Australian internet and therefore don't realize when a torrent is stuck at 50kbs, or you simply delusional about the reality you've found yourself in.

Why would they? Read the rules, no need to be concerned.

Your face when you never get an invite.

You don't even need a fucking tracker server to exist at all, you complete platinum imbecile. You need a torrent hash (the only significant part of the magnet link), and a DHT to work, so that peers can find each other. How you gather these hashes, present them to others, and exchange metadata like comments is completely up to you.

Do you know that some countries banned some trackers, and censored their domain names? They can't be accessed, but peer-to-peer connections work just the same… IF torrents are not private. It they are, it's a dead end without VPN/proxy in other country (which is not allowed, and will get you banned if you don't suck more cocks in advance for a favorable decision). Heck, even Rutracker has been banned in its home country for years. Does it look dead to you?

>so that peers can find each other.
There are no peers, imbecile.

>you do not need private trackers! you can just jump through hoops to get a significantly worse experience instead!

Attached: 1535764347588.gif (512x512, 510K)

Fuck off Yea Forumstard

The animebytes.me domain didn't work right for a little while but I think it's back up now

Most trackers let you upload stuff from there elsewhere as long as you don't share the .torrent file itself.
I have accounts on seven different private trackers and only one even lets you mark torrents as exclusive (and it's not AB).

Not him but I've gotten warnings for giving out invites on other private trackers outside class-restricted forums (mainly because said tracker didn't have any at the time).
AB mods are total faggots.

> millions of computers all over the world disappeared in one second

> Your “experience” depends on a small group of people hardly anyone knows or can control, what can go wrong with that!?

You're right. They should have banned you.

>holo is in top place
a favorable outcome

Attached: f82bf9b61e156ef4ba7e4e60aa1dbb4f.png (800x600, 356K)

Letting in people you can't personally vouch for is how private trackers get compromised.

My account was deleted due to inactivity. I should probably get it reactivated one of these days. Is it good for 80s and 70s anime? I've been on a kick for that stuff lately.

Better than anywhere else now that ADC is officially dead.

That's the thing, I only sent invites to people who were power user+, it was just being offered in a forum visible to everyone. I could have sent invites to the same people on a different forum and nothing would have happened.

>now that ADC is officially dead.
fuck off JiAe
You keep telling people it's dead so you can shill your site.
And if it's not you, you believed this retard.

>wah! why can't I maintain a decent ratio on a de facto ratioless tracker! it's a conspiracy!
Move out of your third world shithole.

>JiAe
Literally who?
Also, deal with reality, sperg.

>Literally who?
Mod on ADC and owner of asiancinema, a rival tracker.
He is in ADC's IRC telling everyone that it's dead and to join his tracker.
He's been doing that since before ADC's sysop made an update, and he kept doing it after.

I don't believe ADC is dead, they have a shitty sysop. That's all.

Even if you haven't used your mail or nickname, they could watch which invites had been activated, and take a guess, the number shouldn't be high.

I hope you all understand it's not about “content quality”, “seeding”, “responsibility”, or hiding from the law (only idiots who believe “VPNs that have no logs” have no logs can buy that excuse). It's about power, and keeping control of that power. Just like Apple that couldn't care less about someone's rights, and only reacted like that because it could lose the single point of control over iPhone's encryption. Just like hierarchy of any regular forum that people who originally used imageboards thoroughly despised.

I miss #lurk. I miss mangatraders. Bato.to kind of sucks. I just want to download my manga.

Before you tell me to torrent it, I do. It just sucks compared to XDCC or direct downloads. Manga files are small and I don't see a point for torrenting anything but larger series.

Except there's bakabt.

Attached: 521028495581773846.png (112x112, 17K)

Not anime & manga.

>bbt

Attached: 1537891694126.jpg (1083x720, 203K)

batoto is dead you fucking faggot
just use FMD to dl files from mangadex

looks like im not getting a piece of that 1M yen

Attached: 1553343236706.png (230x735, 11K)

You didn't nominate Holo in addition to your actual waifu?

Kek, I nominated around 10 popular girls including Holo. I don't care who wins, just give me the shiny trophy.

I nominated Kurisu after getting bribed. Really thought she had a higher chance to win than holo

You know you can nominate multiple right? Honestly just go edit your forum post right now and add Holo to your nomination

For 70's and 80's?

Stupid sekrit club fags, just use nya

This, pretty much. I got in a year ago at Christmas, and AB is great, but for 99% of what you want can be found on nyaa or some other site too.

This.

Problem is there's no seeding high score list on the the front page of nyaa for these fags.

>on the the front page
Have you even an idea what you're talking about?

I got Cobra, Macross, Gundam, all of Dirty Pair, etc, so I'd say yeah. BBT's original objective was getting seeds for older series.

Batoto sucked before it died, I used it in its first year and then I've been scraping by with torrents. Thanks for the suggestion on FMD.

Well if you watch popular/modern stuff, it isn't needed, besides I know that all of you normies otaku only watch anime, but AB is more than anime, it has eroges and music/ost that are dead on nyaa.

>changing your vote for 50k yen

>implying you're getting more than 50k yen by nominating holo