Since we are all talking about NGE again

Since we are all talking about NGE again

What the FUCK happened with 3.3, why was it so different compared to the previews?

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 242K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rHIvs0Q-uKI
youtu.be/aXjIy0XQGi4
twitter.com/fooly_cooly/status/1142730726607114240?s=09
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

for whatever reason anno didn't like the original idea for the movie and tried to make something entirely new, but he couldn'T come up with anything good, he got depressed and we got a 25+26 shit tier garbage movie that doesn't make any sense due to creator's drought. then anno made shin godzilla and it brought back a smile on his face and 4.0 should be less garbage, but still, it is what it is. fucking deranged autistic artists, man.

Anno thought it was shit and created a whole new movie. 4.0 was created from scratch several times already but it was shit so Annoying just worked on Godzilla.

>4.0 being good

Not with hideaki "george lucas" anno at the helm

>implying episodes 25 and 26 are bad
>implying anno's work becomes worse when he's depressed

i don't know why people shit on 3.3 cause it's tenfold better than the snoozefest of 2.2 and 1.1 . Anyways, you know how the first two movies are a remake of the first 19 episodes? well 3.3 is a reimagining of episodes 20 to 24 ( shinji has to be rescued from eva 01, rei is inexplicably alive, we get more details about the second impact, kaworu shit )....

BUT it also is follows the notes of EOE. You know how the "i'm the lowest of the low " scene is anno insulting the audience for fapping to asuka? well the same thing is going on in 3.33 . If you want to watch the whole deal, here's a video youtube.com/watch?v=rHIvs0Q-uKI , but long story short the "curse of the eva" is the watcher cursing the characters to not grow up cause they love them the way they are and the whole of 3.3 is anno telling the audience to let go of rei , to let go of eva and to go live life , but shinji rejects all of that, saves rei at the end of 2.0 and the price for it is the desctruction of what eva used to rapresent (rapresented by the third impact) and yadda yadda.

Add to that the endless easter eggs in the movie ( song hidden in the choker, artificial angels and the wunder made in Bethany Base from 2.22, angel sealing gliphs in asuka's eyepatch proving she got contaminated by angels in 2.22) and 3.33 can be easily considered the best movie of the rebuilds

Attached: the best you can get2.png (1366x768, 583K)

25 and 26 are fucking bad

>anime jewtuber intellectuals
miss me with that gay shit

2deep4u?

Attached: 3deep5u.png (490x457, 302K)

>defending retards talking for 40 min about his faggoty head cannon

Did he hurt your feewies?

The Rebuild renditions were unironically better than all former releases of the series.

Nah

Why would you think that? If I would be mad about anything it would be that people seem to take him seriously.

Someone can't handle having their love for moeshit pointed out

Attached: 1417364303169.png (1839x719, 169K)

Your just making things up. I know it is the internet but you don't have to lie about everything.

>having that much hope for 3+1
it's going to be EoE with upgraded graphics. I can see it: old nerv is now wille and the old seele is neo nerv.

>wille gets stormed by nerv soldiers
>asuka gets out in her robot to save them
>nerv mass produced evas tear her up
>nenaluftbalons.webm
>misato gets shot again, tells shinji to get in the robot
>shinji gets in the unit 01 inside the wunder
>sees asuka, fourth impact starts
>all according to keikaku
>gendo pulls some bullshit with rei q
>giant naked rei
>fever dream 2.0
>everyone gets tanged
>shinji chocking asuka
>mari ends up being nothing but fanservice

za end.

Attached: 1AO-Dn90JItRNLbCOX3gHfNVmViPu0VjW7zZz6kp0Is.jpg (431x767, 42K)

>nenaluftbalons.webm
does anyone have that AMV ? youtube removed it

I'll be okay with this EoE copy, as long as Mari dies a death even more brutal than Asuka.

please, for the love of god, tell me is that image real
this upsets me more than any amount of shipping or asuka/rei lewding

Marketing & overly ambitious.
Kaworu as the main protagonist was risky & with Shinji/Asuka, as well as their EVA units mostly AWOL, it would be difficult to sell more newly branded figs, which is ultimately what it is all about.

tl'dr NGE is a product now, not art.

Yeah, only reason tiger unit 02 exists for is to sell more figurines, its star wars all' over again

I just want to see more of these bad boys

Attached: eva.jpg (1500x1080, 326K)

deleted my post because i meant to say shinji & rei were going to be missing from the film originally

I could imagine people being even more angry at rei Q & wanting the original Rei back, those loli rei's were interesting however, likely scrapped because it would be too risky to go full pedo with the franchise

>it would be too risky to go full pedo with the franchise
Well they dont have to be fuck dolls.

what a great design

25 is the best episode of the entire show.

Where the fuck's movie 4?

Attached: 675476671.png (161x215, 87K)

im partial to 19 and 22

Attached: 1556806986039.png (1440x1080, 2.62M)

Anno left it all on OneDrive.

I agree that the rebuilds are an obvious meta narrative and parody of the Eva fanbase, and agree with this post for the most part- except for the bit about 3.33. I don't think 3.33 is Eva as Anno intended it, I think it's more jabbing at the fanbase, but the side that obsessed over the 'edgy' side of the original series and fan theory groups. It's still gratuitous and obviously over correcting to pander (or make fun of) a specific audience, and doesn't focus on the deeper character implications like Anno did in the original running. It also feeds a ton of new and bizarre information for fans to comb through obsessively while providing no answers are justification. 3.33 is still an obvious critique of obsessive fans who have completely missed the point, and chances are 3 + 1 will be more the same but with a more final message to the audience at large.

I find it funny that Anno still sperges at waifufagging fans who don't get the message and such, and yet authorised countless whoring outs of the franchise that go directly against his supposed ideas.

I'm not sure how much of that is specifically him or the studio. Considering how many people eventually had there hands in and around Eva by the time of EoE it wouldn't surprise me if Anno himself didn't have much say. Obviously he has full creative control over the anime, but I don't know how licensing works past that point. Could be totally wrong though.

>better in my pocketsu than theirs
Anno, probably

If people are going to go against the message of his work he might as well make money off it.

He's got no right to screech about muh escapism bad muh otaku if he allows the wheel to keep on spinning through tons of waifumerch. Either take the money and shut up or don't sell out while still reeeing.

Fun things are fun:
youtu.be/aXjIy0XQGi4

If not Eva they would just buy something else. And despite his views they keep buying so why not continue.

Interesting justification. If they're gonna do it anyway, why not my franchise that might eventually show them the errors of their ways. Still feels like a sell out, but a more respectable one.

Again I think there's a lot more to media licensing than Anno just saying "Sure go for it." I mean he obviously benefits from it, but I doubt he has any involvement in the Eva property being whored out the way it has been. His hands are most likely tied on the whole thing which I assume would make the whole ordeal that much more frustrating. The other point is valid as well, and I could also see Anno indulging his frustrations by observing peoples hilariously low standards and willingness to completely buy in to unhealthy interpretations. It's part of what makes the rebuilds so interesting to me, seeing how thinly veiled they are as an insult to that same fanbase, while the target audience has no fucking clue their being made fun of and taken advantage of.

That would be the most based thing possible.

unironically my fav rebuild movie

This. 3.0 is the reason the Netflix release is the hot garbage that it is. You can literally blame American fujoshi being insufferable roasties. Khara was so appalled by their behavior that they falsely interpreted as Funi doing a bad localization.

Read every word of this Twitter post and share it. It answers all the questions about NGE on Netflix being shit.

twitter.com/fooly_cooly/status/1142730726607114240?s=09

this is crazy. I'm italian and while the old dub was close to perfection, the new dub has people calling for the heads of the dubbing team. Knowing they had nothing to do with it is surreal. mfw

Attached: scr_666.jpg (800x600, 26K)

You only have yourself to blame for watching dubs.

You know, all in all I didn't actually mind the Netflix dub. It had some bizarre choice for sure, and losing the iconic "I'm so fucked up" in EOE was a bummer- but beyond that the performances were pretty decent and not terribly distracting. It really sucks that they didn't have more creative liberties, I think that team could have done something really special if they restraints were loosened a bit.

As a weirdo who actually didn't very much like the first two but was quite entranced with the third, this interpretation makes a lot of sense.

Watching 2.0 especially made me uncomfortable, though I wasn't sure what it was until reading this interpretation. It was uncomfortable to watch because it was basically perverting the characters to fit the wish fulfillment fantasies of certain fans.

How bout this

Attached: fd9358d158a84d3a05d5f2c7add747f6.jpg (1080x1080, 104K)

I really like how Shinji get past through five stages of grief:
>denial: when Kaworu told him that he fucked the world when he saved rei, and when he found out that he didn't save rei
>anger: refusing to get into the Eva with Kaworu
>bargaining: Shinji thought that pulling the spear saved the world and the act will make himself redeemed
>depression: that dragging scene
The 4.0 will be the acceptance movie. 1.0 and 2.0 just set things in motion: it's a recap. 3.0 is very focused on how Shinji didn't want to accept that he fucked up (and also HUGE MISUNDERSTANDING AND ANGST towards Shinji by people affected by NTI). 4.0 will be his acceptance.

4.0 will be a prequel & solve nothing

nah, prequel time is for when the rebuilds are over, otherwise how could they milk this franchise anymore? why do you think we have a timeskip between 2.22 and 3.33? there's gonna be either a movie or a series about Wille's and post 2.22 stuff,. Brace yourself, fucking Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water 2.0 is coming. pic unrelated

Attached: PuKvB.jpg (1515x3200, 704K)

>people shouting "what the fuck?" to massive applause

Attached: images.jpg (285x177, 8K)

I liked 3.3, mind you, it wasn't good by itself by any stretch but at least it was brave enough to go in an entirely different direction than just being a slimmer remake like 1.0 and 2.0

I was always under the impression the Kaworu was just talking to the audience in these moments. Basically telling the fandom "Look what you did. This is your fault". Most of what he says fits when you contextualize it that way. Since Shinji is the stand-in for the broader audience, I think it largely depends on how Anno perceives that audience that will dictate what Shinji does in 3.0 + 1.0. Then again it might also be Anno's acceptance that we'll see if he's able to reconcile the fact that the stories he tells and the ones audiences hear wont always line up, and that's not an inherently bad thing. Really curious to see what we get, the meta narrative is surprisingly compelling.

I like to think that while the original series and eoe were mostly about Anno, the rebuilds are more about how his work is perceived. We will see how this holds up once we get the full picture.

There are no roasties on special early Eva screening during a convention. It was nerds doing no homo jokes and stardard gay panic shit.

I caught a fish THIIIIS big

evangelion is a pretty shitty series comapred with anno true magnun opus shin godzilla, shin godzilla 2 when?

I never really thought about it this way, that the Netflix dub was actually the most LITERAL translation. Which is why its so fucking weird.

I'm just gonna continue not watching it so eh