AOTS Spring 2019

So now that the dust has settled, what did you think of this season?

>AOTS
>Surprise OTS
>Disappointment OTS
>OPOTS
>EDOTS
>Best insert song
>Best girl
>Best boy
>Best single episode

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu - 02 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_15.39_[2019.04.16_17.52.3 (1920x1080, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p8otI70ncZM
youtube.com/watch?v=adQoxXXolmw
youtube.com/watch?v=huj3toEupCo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just because a few shows ended doesn't mean the season is over yet. Give it another week.

AOTS: Hachigatsu no Cinderella
Surprise of the Season: Kenja no Mago
Disappointment: Fairy gone
OPOTS: Traitor's requiem (JoJo)
EDOTS: Modern Crusaders (JoJo)
Best Girl: Alice (Kenja no Mago) or Nakano (Senryuu Shoujo)
Best Boy: Kijima (Ao-chan)
Best single episode: Senryuu Shoujo Episode 4 (The one where they introduce Kino)

Just wanted to say this was the season for shorts. They outperformed the normal length shows.

Attached: Kenja no Mago Alice.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

this season sucked. giving awards to anything feels like a disservice

I can agree when it comes to Best Boy and the fact that shorts outweighed any other real show this season. Compared to Winter 2019 this season was a fucking joke. Here's hoping that Summer will be better, and yet most of the time Summer seasons always have the trashiest anime out there. Which means I'll be pleased.

>AOTS
Sarazanmai
>Surprise OTS
JoJo part 5 since I remembered hating it when I read it
>Disappointment OTS
Senko San
>OPOTS
Kiss Me
>EDOTS
Hold Me Now
>Best insert song
N/A
>Best girl
N/A no one stood out
>Best boy
Reo
>Best single episode
Sarazanmai EP 11 was pure kino. Nothing came close this season.

I didn't watch anything this season, which is the first time since 2011. Everything is bad

Attached: 1399079330381.png (318x470, 58K)

I just go into the threads for the anime of manga I follow and look at the pictures.

Skipped everything
Please tell me next season is better

Attached: disappointed boogie.jpg (320x320, 23K)

Is Mago actually good?
I dropped it after I watched the first episode and never bother to pick it up again.

It's an isekai but no harem.
It doesn't take itself seriously, the reaction faces and the side characters kept me going. Episode about the villain was good, which is later in the season.
There were some good bursts of animation here and there.

Attached: 1536222241556.png (1280x720, 641K)

>AOTS
Diamond no Ace Act II
>Surprise OTS
Magmel.
>Disappointment OTS
Senko-san
>OPOTS
Fruit Basket
>EDOTS
Carole and Tuesday/Boku-tachi
>Best insert song
>Best girl
Bocchi
>Best boy
The male from Senryuu Shoujo
>Best single episode
Wahaha.

Attached: 1537615413387.png (1664x912, 2.27M)

>AOTS
Didn't watch enough shows.
>Surprise OTS
501 whatsit, the Strike Witches shorts series.
>Disappointment OTS
Didn't watch enough.
>OPOTS
Fairy Gone.
>EDOTS
Fairy Gone.
>Best insert song
Crap if I know.
>Best girl
Perrine
>Best boy
Eiji Busujima
>Best single episode
Episode 11 of 501 whatsitcalled.

>AOTS
Fruits Basket
>Surprise
Bocchi
>Disappointment
SnK but I stopped caring about it years ago so eh
>OP
Jojo
>ED
Sarazanmai
>Insert song
Aru's song
>Best Girl
Tohru
>Best boy
Kyo
>Best episode
Sarazanmai episode 10

Attached: rabbitbullying.webm (782x624, 597K)

>Bocchi
>Bocchi
>Strike Witches, but only because I hadn't bothered to look up what it actually was going to be.
>Strike Witches OP
>Sarazanmai ED
>"Don't Lose Aru!"
>Aru best girl
>Nakano from Senko-San
>Bocchi Ep. 5

Attached: AruSings_Black_Outlines.gif (1280x720, 2.68M)

Kill yourself

based

I didn't watch anything since February. Can't even stand modern Yea Forums. I'm not gonan make it anons.
>Lelouch
>spokon
eeeeeh

Attached: 1560958736572.jpg (1165x1709, 213K)

the only two good anime were sarazanmai and hitoribocchi

I've literally dropped every single show I've started this season. First time this happened to me.

you didn't watch Yaiba I guess?

Yea Forums's official chart for reference.

Attached: 1532568760030.jpg (3240x3240, 3.2M)

Art is good. Source doesn't matter. And there is basically little difference between Yea Forums and Yea Forums at this point

Attached: 1559918571888.jpg (772x1080, 174K)

>AOTS
Sarazanmai
>Surprise OTS
Hitoribocchi
>Disappointment OTS
Sarazanmai
Senko-san
>OPOTS
JoJo
>EDOTS
School of Laughs Anthem
>Best insert song
Shine Aru
>Best girl
Bocchi
>Best boy
Busujima
>Best single episode
Bocchi episodes 1~12
Seriously though, probably Sarazanmai ep. 1.

>it's another episode of the shonenshitter thinking his generic shonentrash is good
It's all so tiresome.

Most of those shows are unironically good. It's unfortunate how there are some meme shows like VEG, Eromanga, Umaru, etc. that aren't even in theme with the Official & Objective AOTS.

>calling other user shonenshitter
>responding to shitpsoter discord list
I don't know, user.

Are you spouting random words, boy?

No user."Yea Forums's Official & Objective" shit is discord shitposting

>it's another episode of the shonenshitter thinking his generic shonentrash is good

I agree with both of your picks. Yaiba's first episode was kind of generic but it really picked up after that. I think you should check it out.

>AOTS
Fruits Basket
Is the only choice, just ignore any post that doesn't have it as its AOTS.
>Surprise OTS
Amazing Stranger and Robihachi, they both are so fucking great and almost nobody are watching them, oh well.
>Disappointment OTS
OPM S2 what else. Carole and Tuesday too because my bro lost to retarded plot armor.
>OPOTS
Honestly, lots of "ok" ones, none really stick to me this season, I just go and say Amazing Stranger
youtube.com/watch?v=p8otI70ncZM
>EDOTS
FUNKY BOOGIE
youtube.com/watch?v=adQoxXXolmw
>Best insert song
Wa Ha Ha counts? If not anything by Pyotr!
>Best girl
But of course Tohru!
>Best boy
POW POW
>Best single episode
Wa Ha Ha! Or any episode of Fruits Basket to be honest, I cry everytime.

Attached: 1559246171030.webm (1280x720, 2.61M)

>caring about d*scord
Holy shit. It's shitposting, it doesn't matter where it came from, it's a meme that I've been seeing for years and obviously wasn't made by just one person. Some of the picks aren't even in theme, meaning that they are not CGDCT or SoL.

The chart you are replying to stopped being "Official" on 2015-2016, you can tell by the Kyoani cultists just shoving their shit on people's throats, I still take the 2015 one as official because Hibike S1 was nice to be honest but you can't deny how everything went to the shit on 2016 with the cultists.

>It's shitposting, it doesn't matter where it came from
I think it matters. That meas board overrun by tourists. Especially when we have twitter screencap threads, netflix dub threads full of "tranny/dilate/cope" and everyone competently tolerates them because they're part of this cancer. I want to see pure Yea Forums shitposting.

completely forgot about funky boogie

It's not just the Kyoani cultists but yeah, you're right. Also Winter 2016 has Pandora in the Crimson Shell and that is a legitimate pick. Genuinely great anime with surprising amounts of pedigree (Koshi Rikudo and Shirow Masamune) and even some unexpected kinography. Really, really good show despite the hilariously low budget.

>I think it matters. That meas board overrun by tourists.
This has been true for the longest time now. But you need to understand that the first tourists were first and foremost the crossboarders, namely the Yea Forumsermin, after m**t allowed their lot to post their retarded Naruto shonenshit in this board. Yea Forums always had to deal with this dichotomy and the problem is only getting worse and worse. Fortunately there are some budding anime boards that are better than this. And honestly, the only reason I keep coming back to this shithole is because of /pc/.

Attached: 1552205330858.jpg (1920x1645, 1.69M)

I don't blame shonens for this. 50/50. They're like scapegoats. Invasion was unavoidable because of reasons.

go back to watching e-celebs shit-eater

It literally is even worse. There is nothing worth watching in the summer season.

e-celebs watching MOE and SoL too
you can't be special kid anymore

The only new show I'm looking forward to is Chihayafuru S3 in the Fall season. Summer looks like complete and utter trash.

except most solfags don't watch e-celebs

reddit solfags do

You would know then, go back.

>not knowing your enemy
Step up your game. Watch real anime.

Accurate.

Attached: aBetterAnimeThanYoriMoi.jpg (729x660, 169K)

this season is redeemed by being adjacent to Symphogear

AOTS: Senko San
Surprise OTS: Robihachi
Disappointment OTS: Hitoriboring
OPOTS: Wonderful Wonder (Ao-Chan)
EDOTS: Dancing to Night (Robihachi)
Best insert song: NA
Best girl: Nanako (Senryuu Shoujo)
Best boy: Yang San (Robihachi)
Best single episode: Senko San EP 4

Attached: [PuyaSubs!] Senryuu Shoujo - 12 [1080p][A6898E16].mkv_snapshot_11.10_[2019.06.21_19.15.17].jpg (1920x1080, 95K)

The only wrong show on that list is VEG. All others are great (almost) all girl slice of life shows, either comedies or iyashikei with little to no drama. Meanwhile VEG is full retard dramashit and a terrible one at that.

Why is there haremshit like Eromanga on that list and retarded meme shows like Umaru? Those shows don't fit the theme, they're there because they are meme shows like VEG.

>AOTS
Probably Senko-san unless the last episode sucks, then it would be Bocchi

>Surprise OTS
Isekai Quartet, falls off towards the end but much better than I expected

>Disappointment OTS
OPM season 2, I forgot that OPM is a mediocre shounen in general.

>OPOTS
No really great OPs in general, but I guess Senko-san

>EDOTS
WA HA HA

>Best insert song
Don't Lose Aru

>Best girl
Senko

>Best single episode
Every segment of Super Senko-san Time, whoever came up with that at Doga Kobo deserves a big fat raise

Eromanga fits Yea Forums culture like a glove. It belongs on the image. Pic related.
Umaru's inclusion on the image has always generated a lot of (You)s. I imagine that's why it was placed there.

Attached: afetishpoll.gif (200x889, 7K)

Well okay, I agree. Sakura Quest and Hinako Note were better than Eromanga. Calling it a harem is a bit of a stretch however, because Sagari was more MC and focus of the show than Masamune.

And at least Konohana Kitan was better than Umaru. I agree Umaru is retarded garbage.

Still, I guess the list is at least more right than wrong.

>thinking a meme poll proves anything
I'm not even saying it doesn't fit Yea Forums culture as much as I find the show to be repulsively cynical (much like Oreimo). I'm just saying it doesn't fit the theme of SoL/CGDCT. It's like you're eating fruit salad and you find a dick in it.

What if the theme isn't meant to be SoL/CGDCT, but rather "everything that will make shonenshitters angry?"

Best girl has a mofumofu tail

Attached: 1556888870541.png (1920x1080, 2.33M)

It is obvious that that became the "theme" eventually and it is mostly using CGDCT as a ruse. But the original intention is quite clear before the meme chart goes full retard from 2017 onwards. Also, as much as I hate shonenshitters, doing that kind of half-hearted, cynical bait is a very shonenshitter thing to do.

>AOTS
Sarazanmai/Senko-san
>SOTS
Senryuu Shoujo
>DOTS
Hitoribocchi
>OPOTS
Sarazanmai/BC
>EDOTS
Sarazanmai/Dororo/Jojo
>Best Insert Song
youtube.com/watch?v=huj3toEupCo
>Best Girl
Senko-san
>Best Boy
Fitzgerald (Bungou Stray Dogs)
>Best Single Episode
Fruits basket episode 7

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Asobi Asobase - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_12.55.jpg (1366x768, 76K)

For a mofumofu show this had too little mofumofu times.