Are all Chinese manga universally terrible? I'm not trolling I'm legitimately asking this...

Are all Chinese manga universally terrible? I'm not trolling I'm legitimately asking this. I've read a bunch and every single one is a combination of terrible writing and simplistic art. The writing in particular is staggeringly bad and almost always uses the exact same tropes.

I realize I'm talking about a genre where things like Fairy Tail are popular, so I'm not being elitist or pretending the genre is beyond reproach. But this stuff is next level bad. They are honestly so terrible I don't even understand how they exist. Is it just because hundreds of millions of Chinese kids read it who don't know any better?

Attached: tales-of-demons-and-gods-17532.jpg (350x496, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=151962
mangadex.org/title/23851/retired-heroes
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't know. Maybe.

I unironically like Tales of Demons and Gods tho user. It's the most decent one among the chinese wuxia-ish manga

Attached: file.png (170x382, 130K)

>It's the most decent one among the chinese wuxia-ish manga

I won't argue it's the best they have to offer, the problem is it's still terrible.

Like how can one island of one kind of Asians produce hundreds of manga worth reading and an entire continent of a different kind of Asians with a billion people produce nothing but trash?

>muh cultivations!
This sums up my Chinese manyu/LN experience

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=151962
I've been reading this one recently It's OK I wouldn't call it great but it's OK

Martial King's Retired Life
the bullshit Qi/chi physics tricks get old quick

Because CCP censorship and Chink values.

pfffhahahaha i chortled this is actually true

Attached: 1545325497650.jpg (571x473, 128K)

Yeah Tales of Demons and Gods is probably best of the bunch.
Dropped Combat Continent around the time of the timeskip as things seemed to make no sense anymore and Star Martial God got pretty boring during the last dungeon arc (still has best girl Xia YuNing though).

Kingdom is pretty good :^)

>Because CCP censorship

Mostly this

Mao's reign REALLY crippled any form of legitimate entertainment that they're just playing catch up right now

I mean, why else they love some of the Hollywood movies that were box office bombs here?

What about taiwanese or hong kong manhua instead of vile mainlanders??

*ccp compliant rubbish

xianxia is trash

I liked Tower of God for a while, but that's Korean not Chinese and even that has dropped in quality so much that I stopped reading it.

I still read Kingdom every week out of habit but I wouldn't be able to call it good with a straight face anymore.

I tried to think of something, but then I realized I haven't read any manhua in a long ass time. Try Jin Yong's novels manhua adaptation maybe idk

Oh no?

Volcanic Age is okay

>chinese
>manga

You have eyes but cannot see mount Tai.

Have sex, baizuo.

Retired Heroes (Tuixiu de Yongzhemen) is nice. Some action, but more comedy and some comfy slice of life.
And feels more like a fantasy manga than a manhua (same with art style too).
mangadex.org/title/23851/retired-heroes
(1/5)

Forgot art.

Attached: Z15.jpg (800x1137, 260K)

(2/5)

Attached: Z16.jpg (800x1137, 253K)

(3/5)

Attached: Z17.jpg (800x1137, 374K)

(4/5)

Attached: Z18.jpg (800x1137, 332K)

(5/5)

Attached: Z19.jpg (800x1137, 364K)

Because you are reading the same trash genre. My childhood was filled with manga as well as manhua. There was manhwa as well but they were all romantic so I stayed out of them (thank to my boy sense). In those numerous manhua I read at that time, none was the trash genre currently, most of them are martial arts, comedy or historical with fantasy ones while some are just...what?
Storm Riders is a good one, until the author went high in the 2nd half of part 3. Little Monk is the comedy I like, granted it is filled with troupe like those shounen Jump manga but desu, at the time I was reading it, I felt it was better than Saint Seiya. Then there is Destiny Emperor with the same artist as Little Monk...sadly my country stopped publishing when they caught up to the raw and never to be seen again, tried raw finding but to no avail.
It isn't that Chinese manhua mostly trash, it is just you reading trashy ones.

Yes, now get off my nippon board.

Yes, they are.

There's a phenomena I refer to as "rat brain writing" which is prevalent in almost all pieces of Chinese media I've ever seen. These people have a fucking autistic focus on one particular subject in their writing, and they don't know shit about it or they know very little. It seems like all Chinese media and audiences just cap out at a certain level of complexity and they can't process or write above that, so they all just end up spinning in circles. There's never anything beyond the most surface level of plot progression and characterization and it feels like the chinks genuinely can't fucking understand things that go past that. If you presented them with a movie like Annihilation they'd ignore the entire story and character and worldbuilding and they'd say "ooh pretty lights, cool aligator aohaw shinga dong whibablig"

Nobody tell him about how it jumps the shark

Not anime or manga.