LOL FAGS ARE ANGRY AT THE KAWORU EP 24 "I love you" TRANSLATION EVERYONE HATES THIS RELEASE FUCK NETFLIX

LOL FAGS ARE ANGRY AT THE KAWORU EP 24 "I love you" TRANSLATION EVERYONE HATES THIS RELEASE FUCK NETFLIX

Attached: D9lhqNsXUAIOenq.jpg (800x900, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/anonymousagonyfan777/
youtube.com/watch?v=2d5jgDTrfbA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Asuka x Shinji script is even stronger than before too.

Fujos absolutely BTFO and their cult bubble burst in the face of reality. Leaving them in a blubbering mess of seethe and righteous indignation.

kek, what a bitch

These lines pretty much mean the exact same thing unless you're autistic. The netflix version has bigger problems

>kaworu said i was worthy of his grace
lmao

>ooooh no they translated more accurately and now my autistic headcanon ship is ruined!

I just want to say: You guys are all worthy of my grace.

haha gay

as someone who's never seen evangelion
arent those 2 dialogues the same? they convey the same message no?

Spanish translations subs "worthy of love", which is exactly what it means in Japanese.

They do, but homo shippers feel like changing love to like makes their autistic misinterpretation even less valid.

The mentally ill fujos just projected homolust on a character like Kaworu who is a godlike Angel who sees himself as Jesus and Shinji as a peon.

But they've been living in a bubble for sooooo long

There's a difference between love and like dummy.

he explicitly says "romantic love" in japanese
get fucked

Nope. Not sexual.

tumblr is always wrong

I think that's supposed to hammer Kaworu's "divine" status home even more.

Just like Eren x Levi, another fujo delusion

But the new translation is more accurate

It's the true representation of Anno's finalized vision.

Not true
I'm not gonna harass some dude on twitter but like, there's no way anyone with even a six months of community college knowledge of Japanese would tl it as anything other than love, and certainly not something as insanely awkward as 'worthy of his grace.' If anything that line's a double mistranslation, since Kaworu is speaking in a general sense with that line. That's the point of the scene. He isn't saying Shinji is worthy of Kaworu's love, he's saying Shinji is worthy of love, period. Then he uses suki, the infamous like/love word, which I can get translating it one way or the other. But the first bit of that scene, the 'worthy of ___' bit, is unambiguously him saying that Shinji is deserving of romantic love.

It's incredibly basic.The only explanation is intentional omission, either by the translator or by some sort of editor.

So many evangelion threads

FAGGOTS BTFO
SHINJI IS A CHAD HETOERSEXUAL MALE

I doubt there are many fujos. Its a minority.

Nice headcanon.

Sorry sweetie, it's the other way around.

The original was a mistake by the editors, this one was the fixed and correct Anno one done to hammer his true intention home to the braindead Amerilard viewer.

why would jewflix censor that
don't they WANT to please the LGBTQ2K+ audience? that's all they literally do

Because it wasn’t censorship, it was a more accurate retranslation.

What a great day for the intelligent Evangelion viewer.

oh I see. then the people who made this to be more homoerotic than it originally was are the retarded ones
shoulda known not to trust a gay

Love or like mostly makes no difference, but I interpreted it as love. Not in a romantic way however, more like how God loves man.

A 20 year ship just sunk to the bottom of the ocean.

Based Anno

Shinji looooooooooooves Asuka

I don't know guys, you're all hung up over love/live nitpicking when the whole thing is still very clearly gay as fuck regardless

fags

But he says like- Shinji knew people liked him! Kaworu was important because he explicitly said LOVE to Shinji and he never felt that before

me too :)

It's not about censorship, it's just that the translator probably didn't get the context how Kaworu was the first person in the world who said those words to Shinji and that's why he left such a huge impact.

In Ookiku Furikabutte, Abe tells Mihashi that he likes him (suki da). I doubt he was confessing his love. But with Kaworu the context is different. He is the only person that has ever loved Shinji.

Pretty much anyone ive talked to who knows even a lick of japanese disagrees strongly and are super confused as to why they changed it. probably some higher ups not wanting to offend the straights

>That's the first time anybody's ever said they liked me. Ever
Why is this so funny

Is there anyone who watches EVA for the story and not for the shipping?

If you honestly believe that Shinji and Kaworu aren't meant to be gay, especially after the Rebuilds, you're absolutely delusional.

seriously. any other explanation is a pol psyop

>The netflix version has bigger problems

Such as?

NOOO NETFLIX STOP YOU'RE DESTROYING MY SHIP WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO NOW KAWORUBROS

>OH NOOO MY GAY PEDO TWINK FANTASY IS RUINED

Its still gay and theyre still gay for each other imo.

eww faggot

So that explains the infection of the jojo thread.

The grace line is a wanton departure from the nip.
It's a more accurate translation like rendering "daisuki" "big like" is a more accurate translation.
I big like you user.

kaworu is potentially the biggest homosexual in all japanimations, him saying he loves shinji is perfectly in character. this is the same homo angel who had that pretentious-ass piano playing segment in 3.33, lets not forget. The only person potentially as gay as Kaworu are those kappa bois who fist people in their ass.

"I love you" is more accurate, but it was never actually gay anyway. You know how fujofags are.

it's very telling that this problem is exclusive of the English dialogue
the translator is a retard and I can't believe (supposedly) Khara hired him personally
Khara and Gainax have had for years official translations they print in merchandise and the like that say "In other words, I love you", "you are worthy of love", "thank you, my life was meaningful because of you", no one gave him the memo

Attached: sick.png (400x408, 106K)

not exactly, japanese are vague in their words unlike other language that can be direct therefore kaworu's message was either intentionally vague or interpret different

>it was never gay anyway
Bruh did we watch the same show

If this were two girls I'd assure you faggots would actually wish it'd say "love" instead of "like"

But are you worthy of my grace?

People commonly use Love for romantic love, despite the different types of love, so people are mad that Netflix is "erasing Kowaru's homosexuality" and promoting Shinji's "compulsory heterosexuality".

>I can't believe (supposedly) Khara hired him personally
It's Dan Kanemitsu, he's khara's in-house translator. I'm not sure how long he's been with them, but definitely since 3.0, and almost certainly before.

the Japanese version uses standard love confessions and the romantic love wording
it ruins EoE too because it follows up by saying Kaworu is the embodiment of love and the words "I love you", so Kaworu is now the embodiment of grace? It creates an inconcistency
I can't believe retards are defending shitty translations and falsehood to own the fujos

Say what you want about some of the questionable subs, overall they seem much better. I've re-watched the first two episodes and they seem a lot clearer than I remember.

Kaworufags deserve to be upset

Attached: 1560035988309.png (848x844, 660K)

>offend the straights
lmao, since when did that matter? after years of shaming them and pushing gay propaganda?

This is all even funnier when you remember "you are worthy of love" is something Ikuhara told Anno
"Hideaki-kun, you are worthy of grace"

Looks pretty based to me.

Why in the everloving fuck are you faggots discussing Netflix, dubs, and translations? Get the fuck out of here.

Attached: check 'em - Hitagi.png (1950x1400, 1.48M)

so if someone in-house was in charge of the translation, an that translation was given to netflix, could this mean that for many years we misinterpreted a line and took it out of context?

Y-you too.

>Kaworu is the embodiment of love
didn't he kill a cat the moment he was introduced? (I think it was on the manga?)

Almost certainly not the case according to the translator himself, who basically he said he changed it to make it more mysterious or something (???)

Attached: 1530268932005.jpg (410x308, 56K)

>he said he changed it to make it more mysterious or something
but why?

>This thread

Attached: 16f.jpg (640x480, 26K)

Being absolute shit for one

I'm never going to get a 5

OHNONONO

Attached: it's hasn't.jpg (864x281, 50K)

Manga only, in this take of Eva Sadamoto didn't base Kaworu on a shoujo hero, Ryo Asuka and Ikuni. He based him on a guy he admired in middle school who Sadamoto shyly seemed to admit he had a cruch on.

who cares

Attached: 1561136372475.jpg (3691x2580, 1.84M)

Doubt it, the translator wanted to make it more mysterious despite, like i said having official translation for ages

Lol, this is what all that lgbt propaganda produces.

Ikuhara is such a pretentious faggot I can believe that was his actual wording

Wait, I didn't even see, "it that", I only saw "it's hasn't". What the fuck, I got two typos in one screenshot.

Is this a ploy for the West to make LGBT friendly every media, except for Japanese media which they worry is a 'gathering place for degenerates and pedos' so they kept a particular strict watch on anime media?

do you think ikuhara and anno would end up together if this was in another timeline?

I think I know evangelion mostly by the manga, it's been so long I can't properly recall
would you recommend that I pick the manga to start again or download the anime?

Elaborate.

>its literally told in multiple scenes that angles don't understand the concept of emotions humans feel
>both Kowaru and Rei are also shown to not understand emotions or "love", also creations from angels
>DOOD DAY GAY LMAO XDXZXDXDP0EIOAHF UGED SHUIFAHSDHF GEBJHKASkJHAfsBJHKFEGSGBJHNSDFG E

fools ruined the entire premise because they are smooth-brain retards. Kaworu isn't saying he loves Shinjil; he, as a vessel of Adam, is saying that he loves Lilin, the children of Lilith, and no longer wishes for their extinction.

"""""""Accurate retranslation"""""""

The anime and the manga are two enterely different takes, one by Anno and one by Sadamoto without input from the other. You don't need to other to understand the whole thing and can be enjoyed any time.
Kaworu and Rei do understand them, they are the embodiment of Hope and Love and they were rejected for their nature. Humans are Angels are the same species and dehumanizing the characters even goes against the series.

have sex

Will they fix the manga too?

Attached: 1445757475477.jpg (500x318, 85K)

Okay, what's the JP side reaction to this?

they didnt change anything for japan i dont think

probably laughing
Kaworu and Shinji are so fucking iconic and people have even used their rings and shit in their weddings

I don't want it, please keep it to yourself.

B-BAKA

Attached: 3274714682.gif (500x281, 94K)

I meant, to this international translation uproar?

Does Netflix ever go back and update their subtitles? They're actually very good overall but have some typos and strange wording sometimes which could be improved a bit.

What did he say? Ai? Koi? Suki?

Why would Japan care about what faggot westerners do unless they're harassing them for painting an animu girl a couple of shades lighter?

>Misato says break loose instead of dodge when Sachiel is holding his fucking head
There's a lot of improvements tbqh

From what I've seen no.

>kaworu is potentially the biggest homosexual in all japanimations
Hanagata from Saber Marionette was gayer

I should've learned Japanese in 2013 like I wanted to

Attached: [DameDesuYo] Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii (Wotakoi) - 01 (1920x1080 AAC 10bit) [51AA9C51].mkv_snapsho (1920x1080, 2.75M)

I don't think so, I've seen mistakes in both closed caption or mistranlations across different language subs that never got corrected

You should learn to use jpg screenshots desu.

not my fault you have shit internet

Can't tell if bait or ESL

S-stop, it's not like I l-like you or anything

Attached: 1560711807697.gif (500x400, 376K)

好意 (koui)

Not my fault Hiro has shit servers.

No homo

Attached: 1542459552438.jpg (640x508, 53K)

If you want maximum seethe just search up "Shinji" on Twitter, the mentally ill sure are great people to laugh at.

God these gay folk are like fucking mosquitoes.
most of the mosquitoes are minding their own business. But the few in you home really make you hate the entire mosquito population.
How many fucking threads have we had with this shit. Who gives a shit. Its a cartoon. Get over yourselves.

When I first watched it I assumed he meant 'love' in the Jesus Christ way and not in the homo sex way

Laughing at fags isn't a /pol/ thing user, I know it's summer, but even 5 minutes of lurking should show you this.

Go back

Shinji can´t have sex. He is the original anime incel.

What do you expect to find on that shithole of sjws and tumblr refugees

Do we really need 10+ threads about Eva on Yea Forums?

>incelposting
>crying about fagbashing and /pol/
Thanks a lot, Netflix

This kills the fujo

>implying

Attached: 65975382jw1e33mu4462dj.jpg (700x518, 85K)

I like your post user. But your post isn't the first affection I've ever felt in my life, like Shinji's feeling to Kaworu.

He's genuinely gayer than Razor Ramon Hard Gay.

hot. is there more?

To be completely fair here, Shinji's absolutely up his own head in this situation. He has absolutely been given affection before, whether it be platonic with his classmates, sexual with Misato and Asuka at times, gratitude for his help with the Evangelion from the NERV staff, etc. The problem is that he can't internalize any of it at all because his upbringing absolutely obliterated any sense of self worth he had, leading to the false belief that any affection given to him wasn't really meant to be real, or only for his actions and not directed towards him as a person. Kaworu was the first person in his life to not have any inhibitions, which is what broke through that veil and made him feel accepted. Because Kaworu made it clear that it wasn't the actions, or the appearance, or any outside force dictating his interest in Shinji. It was just acceptance of Shinji, good and bad, and still finding that person worthy of loving.

>tfw i feel the same way as shinji and i know it's tarded but i just can't break free from this mindset

Attached: a1e50a1fgw1e4bj0c6cevj20b40ehwfn.jpg (400x521, 52K)

Why couldn't they use the old translation? What is cheaper - buying the rights to an old translation or paying someone to translate?

Attached: 65975382jw1e5leuzymo0j20hs17rtk2.jpg (640x1575, 421K)

Don't worry too much about it, user, a lot of us feel that way. It's increasingly common in a world where we put on so many masks, to present the right face to the right people, and to wear those for far longer than before for as long as we interact with the internet. If it makes you feel better, never knowing you before, I do think you're just as worthy of love as anyone.

Shinji was very much just lovesexual, all he wanted was to be loved and accepted.

He would have accepted it from a goddamn furry diaperfag if that was the first person.

I honestly do not understand the adamant fags that shinji is gay.
He is very clearly shown to have sexual interest in asuka.

>Mentally ill people are crying
Don't even care about this as I saw it ages ago, but this is great.

Attached: 1560303770087.jpg (640x515, 37K)

Dear, Yea Forums. About Fly Me To The Moon.
Please report this as a 'technical issue'. If you know any Netflix subscribers, encourage them to report it as well. Big companies only act when they get enough backlash for their actions. Spam them to death with complaints. DO NOT LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT

Attached: wing.jpg (640x361, 23K)

>or only for his actions and not directed towards him as a person
I know that feel
I think Aristotle has point though about virtue and actions being linked, and that's how most human operate, they view you as a person based on what you do.

is the music in EoE fully original?

I'd assume it's caught up in the legal mess that was the last days of ADV. Maybe Khara just wanted to be hands on like they were with 3.0?

Somehow I knew this would happen. These mentally ill freaks literally cry about everything.

Possibly.

I hope you took your meds after this fit.

Wrong, moonspeak relies heavily on context so being overly literal like this is inaccurate. The entire re-translation has this problem so it's not even just this scene, whatever hack they got for the job clearly phoned it in and only retards would defend such slop.

Was shinji or kaworu on top?

Every single scene and ending with Fly me to the Moon has it's music removed

I sure hope you also complain that 大好き doesn't get translated as big like

>liking someone of the same sex doesn't make you a fag
Retard alert.

No you didn't, you stupid lying nigger.

Or, more accurately, in English using like instead of love is a deliberate move to keep things more distant, which is not how it works in Japanese or appropriate for the tone of the scenes or the characters. The vague nature of Kaworu's feelings should be present in both languages, and using like removes that.

>kikeflix shitting on fags
in what kind of bizarre reality am i?

It probably doesn't help that it's pride month, so people are especially on edge about things being gay cause it makes them feel more included, so something like this being changed feels like a personal attack instead of just a change in wording.

I don't think they're responsible for you being an incel.

Definitive but shorthandexplanation of Shinji's relationships with all characters important to his life that he interacted with consistently:

>Gendo: Distant and resentful, seeks validation from him as a natural result of a paternal relationship anyways
>Misato: Seeks a mentor/leader role from her, but is confused due do interacting with her home life. Closest parallel would be if your older sibling was also your boss. Attempts to see her not as a woman, but as a friend/roommate
>School Friends: Grouped into one. Sees them as acquaintances, but feels his experiences as an EVA pilot/his own mental struggles place a barrier between them that keeps it from being real friendship. Solidifies after the Dummy Plug Incident.
>Rei: Feels intense devotion to, at first because he felt somewhat in control of himself when he could protect her, then as the only person who could share a bond of being an EVA pilot with. Mix of a sister and a comrade, slight mother relationship (you know why).
>Asuka: Sexual attraction, but antagonistic relationship. Both know on some level the other's struggle, but Shinji's feelings of pity towards her only fuel her mental complex, and as such, relationship breaks down until true understanding could be reached.
>Kaiji: Older brother style bond, finds a mentor figure in him, looks up to them but also comfortable in their presence as with Misato. Sees fault in him, but also envies the air Kaiji puts out of being comfortable as himself.
>Kaworu: Put on a pedestal that is almost inhuman. Someone who validates Shinji's existence in full, and asks nothing in return. Sees Kaworu as the only person in the world who had ever truly given love unconditionally, and in response near instantly becomes dependent on that source of love. Almost an escape from the rest of the world.

And now you know.

Attached: 1423977165507.jpg (527x415, 22K)

All the women ugly enough to fuck me just became lesbians instead

This has to do with the way "like" and "love" are treated in English. Suki can mean both like and love depending on the context, and that love can mean something closer to "I love you bro". People erring on the side of caution use like, when anyone with an ounce of sense understands that in contexts like that it means love.

Lmao this might be the only thing the dub got right I don't want disgusting yaoi-shit in my Eva. Shinji is for Asuka.

The old translation was inaccurate.

Fuck off, Grant

Grant ships Shinji with Mari though

T-thanks user

>erasing Kowaru's homosexuality
Kaworu is a space monster hellbent on destroying humanity and not your dreamy gay boyfriend

TL Note: Kaworu's grace is his penis.

Well, yes he does.
But Jesus Christ means love in the "I love you" kind of way and not the "you are worthy of my grace" kind of way. The latter would be an incredible mistranslation that completely misses the point of Jesus Christ's character, because everyone is worthy of His grace and Jesus Christ loves (You) personally.

ppl really should be angry at the entire episode itself since its fucking garbage and kaworu's entire character is rushed for there to warrant any meaningful connection to shinji in the first place

Attached: Neon Genesis Evangelion 3-in-1 Edition v1-316.png (736x801, 577K)

Fuck off secondaries

Attached: 1428177267599.gif (500x281, 601K)

Kaworu

Attached: 1537675371227.jpg (600x635, 90K)

>I’m not a newfag guys I swear

ITS THIRD CHILD DAMNIT NOT THIRD CHILDREN THAT DOESNT EVEN SOUND RIGHT DAMNIT WTF?????

twitch.tv/anonymousagonyfan777/

Get in the damn stream anons

Okay, retard. One of the main points of Rei's character is that she comes to love shinji (not romantically, obviously), so the emotion is there. Given that, it's not farfetched to say Kaworu had a thing for Shinji, especially given the subtext (blushing, hand touching, etc.). On top of that, the Japanese word they used in the "I'm saying I like/love you" scene is an ambiguous word. It can be used to say that you just like something and nothing more, it's also used to confess your love for someone.

based!

fujo cope

They aren't meant to be gay.
Kaworu is a space monster coming to destroy your planet and not your dreamy gay boyfriend.

He's basically Jesus, so he's both.

spicy take: Jesus wasn't gay

To be honest, using words like grace are stereotypical of Angels.

The only time you hear words like grace and blessing these days are from healers in MMO games.

They wanted a tranny VA for Shinji but didn't realize it was a Monkey Paw wish.

>Yea Forums is pro LGBT
what went wrong?

You can stop lying, faggot.

Netflix is degenerate propaganda 24/7 and Netflix executives are Hollywood scum.

They even made a rule where you can't stare at someone's eyes for more than 6 seconds at Netflix.

>pro LGBT
No, user.
Yea Forums is pro-anime.

ironic trap posting

>whatever hack they got for the job clearly phoned it in
That would be Khara's in-house translator, apparently.

>I'm the lowest of the low
>accurate

hideri and astolfo abominations, I want fags out of my pure medium AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>grace are stereotypical of Angels.
holy fuck you're actually right
that actually makes sense
and for years, fujioshis got away with making it in gay self fulfillment

Attached: 1528809711350.jpg (960x902, 73K)

Attached: file.png (540x458, 250K)

You know that line is just 好き, right?

>you know that line is just the word people use in anime to confess love right?

Attached: 1560705801933.png (343x210, 88K)

Yes, those retards were arguing it's ok because Kaworu is an angel

my bad, these arguments are getting so dumb I get lost

it's not that at all in fact it's probably more because they accurately identified the scene as using the queerbaiting trope to incidentally make a point about the character while simultaneously slam dunk on literally every female character in the show that has any feelings for shinji (basically, by contrast it's pointing out "why can't they be as straightforward as kaworu? oh right it's because they're all bitches")

wtf I like Netflix now

you're mentally ill if you think this is correct.

Reminder that if you like evangelion, you opinion does not matter

youtube.com/watch?v=2d5jgDTrfbA

If you can't comprehend the strength behind saying that you love someone compared to saying "I like you", you have autism.

This is funnier if read left to right.

THE NORMIES HATE IT!
THE VETERAN OTAKU HATE IT
THE GAYS HATE IT
THE FEMINISTS HATE IT
THE SJWS HATE IT
THE RELIGIOUS HATE IT
THE ATHEISTS HATE IT
THE REPUBLICANS HATE IT
THE DEMOCRATS HATE IT
THE AVERAGE PERSON HATES IT
THE RICH HATE IT
THE POOR HATE IT
THE AMERICANS HATE IS
THE EUROPEANS HATE IT
THE JAPANESE EVEN HATE IT

finally a use for this image!

Attached: LxrkI.jpg (400x250, 17K)

trannies from anitwitter and discord

I don't really understand why people are watching Evangelion on Netflix, but it sounds exactly like the kind of garbage I would expect from a normie company streaming animes.

>be a fag
>don't understand that love other than homolust exists
>push your shitty fetish everywhere
>any time there is friendship between men it must be the gay
Really shows what kind of degenerates faggots are, all they care about is sex, if you love or like someone it must mean you want bed them and nothing else.

because netflix wanted in the anime market and they thought nge was cool and hip when in reality normie zoomers(which make up for 90% of netflix's audiance on literally anything else) don't watch or may have never even heard of nge

Attached: 1541485899220.jpg (300x283, 32K)

You're gay.

Trannies took over the western anime community a few years ago. It's far from just an 'Yea Forums' problem, though it's more pronounced here due to heavy crossover with tumblr