Why does anime hate determinism...

Why does anime hate determinism? literally every anime that i watch always has some stupid conclusion of "we can all choose our future"
Tell me the answer Yea Forums

Attached: 5LBmNZLHmPCQ.jpg (503x353, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

futurism.com/neuroscientists-predict-decisions-11-seconds
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because determinism isn't real in the first place.

Because determinism only applies to people with lower than 100 IQ

I don't know if it's so cut and dry with Steins;Gate OP.

Attached: 1551291656742.gif (323x417, 2.85M)

>if you drop a stone it might fall up into the sky

Because most of modern science and the humanities are very clear about determinism being bullshit.
There are a lot of anime who ramble on about fate though.

probably because you can choose your future.

>tfw I was predetermined to call you a massive faggot
Nothing personal... It was fate guiding my hand

planes do

Modern science backs determinism pretty clearly though. You don't even have free will.
futurism.com/neuroscientists-predict-decisions-11-seconds

Anime is meant to be wish fulfillment for hikkis and little children

You're posting a picture of a VN with an airtight deterministic system. It was so deterministic that it took a second VN to explain why the single possible non-fully deterministic outcome you could get would work.

Because determinism is lousy storytelling.

It was a causal inevitability.

The aerodynamics that apply to planes doesn't apply to dropping a stone on the ground you uneducated hick.

>believing everything you read
just remember: you chose to take that seriously.

I choose not to die.

WOW, ANIME IS SO SMART, I WOULD HAVE NEVER KNOWN THIS

atta boy, you're getting it now. there is no death - only you and your dreams.

You are responsible for your own life user, stop blaming everything else

>when something isn't going my way, it doesn't count

Because the idea of not having free will is pretty damn depressing.

You are all just a fig newton of my imagination. There is no 'you'. Only I.

Unless you can prove that there's some uncaused origin of your actions separate from the causal chain that is everyday life than you have no basis to say they're wrong.

Because they would rather believe they have control over their cheeto stained basement lives instead of understanding their fate is controlled by Allah.

Attached: 1525548605551.jpg (1000x1500, 310K)

gib fbx

>I don't understand physics so let me just throw whatever's convenient and see what sticks

God is no more real than free will.

You can choose how you die, my man. And if you die suddenly or in a way beyond your control, you made the decisions that led you to that point.

>Teenager
"WHOA BRO, THIS IS SO DEEP, WE CHOOSE OUR OWN DESTINY ... ATHIESM RULES!!!!!!!!"

Attached: ce6w6rgo67321.png (1920x1080, 1.99M)

Try to free will your way out of death.

>i put a retarded example for an unrelated problem and even then got btfo

Atheism is actually correct though.

Doesn't free will not existing give more credibility to the idea of God, because omniscience?

Of course, there's no evidence it's the god of Abraham...

The only way that i'm familiar with determinism is by religion (Calvinist)

Attached: john-calvin-9235788-1-402.jpg (300x300, 20K)

See

Determinism is often used by idiots to make excuses for their bad choices. "It can't be helped", like they love to say in my Chinese cartoons.
Pure free will is almost as dumb since it implies that external circummstances don't influence your choices.

Not really. It depends on why free will can't exist, and it this case it's just because life is a giant demonstration of chaos theory. The system is a causal chain that, while outcomes are inevitable, are so seemingly disconnected that you wouldn't think they are.

So what you're saying is that everything is a huge mistake waiting to happen

But there are many anime that are deterministic.

Naruto, for instance.
He's the son of the 4th Hokage, and sure enough, becomes the Hokage himself.
Neji dies being a slave from the lower Hyuuga branch.
Etc.

I guess you could think of it like that.

Determinism is quite a shitty belief, desu.

I didn't chose it.

I don't know what shows you've been watching that treat free will like a superpower, it seems like the vast majority of shows will have elements of both unless they're really trying to push an idea

Attached: 1396033216038.jpg (960x720, 94K)

true

Attached: aaaaaah.png (464x386, 135K)

>Naruto
You can't be serious.
Here's a joke, Madara was determined to win BUT NOPE, HE CHOOSE TO LOST

was that really the smartest thing you could've come up with? really?
the only people that believe in determinism are lazy shits who want to blame everyone but themselves for how shit their life is, it's a brainlet "philosophy"

Well he was determined to lose, because uh, aliens.

This, one of the most popular shounen right now is deterministic without even giving a shit, BNHA. Deku only got to be the #1 hero because he was handed everything

Just because most people use it to excuse their shit life doesn't mean it isn't an accurate philosophy. The point I was trying to make is that the laws of physics operate on a causal level, and that cause and effect chain is immutable.

Well, trying to go against your fate and failing isn't determinism, because you chose to try. There's no story with elements of both.

It still doesn't work though. See

Determinism does away with the concept of "blame" though in that context.

All this proves is that you can guess simple decisions from a brain scan, it's pure conjecture to say a choice isn't based in free will just because it can be predicted

That's why it's a shit philosophy, you CAN choose to make things better for yourself. Laying back and going "yeah things are shit because they're meant to be" is completely lazy.

>Deku only got to be the #1 hero because he was handed everything
And all that training he did in the months leading up to entering UA. More than most anons have ever done in their lives. And still does.
And all that damage he did to his own body, with powers he wasn't ready for.

But none of that matters. Seriously, all this shitting on Deku is getting really old.

Because compatibilism is the most reasonable position, you filthy libertarian.

>determinism is wrong because I believe in free will
Brilliant demonstration really, someone give user a prize, he solved philosophy.

You do specific things because your brain works in a specific ways, and those are determined by the outside influences. Ok, let's imagine that your brain has a random generator inside. That just adds the coin toss, not some libertarian free will.

Your "decisions" are just a product of your genetic makeup and upbringing. Free will is a necessary illusion to facilitate mental functions, but everything you and everyone else does was going to happen. Once you consider free will as real you run into problems like the uncaused cause and the problem of future contingents.

>you CAN choose
You can't prove that.

it pretends to not be though, like how naruto thinks his success is the product of hard work, and that Neji is wrong. Or that there isnt really any characters that arent blessed by their genetics to be ultra badasses that actually do anything. Barring Jiraiya and Minato, and Rock lee.

Yeah, he trained, like literally everyone else in that universe who's aiming to become a hero. Wow, he truly struggled so hard. And woah, he has to suffer drawbacks from the insanely strong Quirk he has as a drawback? The poor kid!
Fuck off, Deku doesn't deserve his position as MC at all. Especially not after getting 6 fucking quirks handed to him, no shit he's going to be the #1 hero with 7 quirks in total. Imagine that, you can't get to the top not because you're dedicated and have made proper use of what you were given to become the best you can be, but because you weren't lucky enough to just have everything handed to you. Pretty shitty MC to embody what a hero should be.

Mirio would've been infinitely better than Deku, he's the worst MC in shounen, even shitters like Asta don't have as much shit handed to them as Deku. And it's not gonna stop because people with a functioning brain can see just how shit Hori is with writing MCs.

But what about the choices that I make in the instant I see like a bear

Compatibilism is dumb. "Let's show that the free will is a nonsense concept, and then let's rename something else into free will because it feels bad otherwise."

He only trained in the months leading up to entering UA BECAUSE All Might promised to give him One For All.

Do you seriously think Deku would have done that otherwise?

It's like if Bill Gates comes up to you and says "I will give you 10 billion dollars, but only if you open a bagel shop", and then you go open a bagel shop, and he gives you 10 billion dollars.

Sure, you opened the bagel shop. But you would have never done that if it wasn't for bill gates and the assurances you got from him.

you can't proveeither

>he doesn't know that he lost his freedom the moment when conception was made
poor lad
Yes you can,just because your past was shit doesn't mean that the future will be shit if you don't do things in the present to make it worthwhile.
You fight,like the guy who wanted to wrestle a gorilla.

Attached: futsuEH~.png (1194x1194, 116K)

Well now that's different obviously, everyone knows bears emit a force field that suppresses causality, the best way to gain free will is to get a close to a bear as possible.

I mostly believe in determinism. The only reason i'm doubting it a little, is because quantum physics exists.
Unfortunately, i'm not a physicist and know next to nothing about quantum physics, just that it could be a major game changer in our understanding of the world as we know it..

I have freedom because I can excercise the option to bully faggots online. Like you. Hit the gym, weeb

what the fuck is happening, am i not free? am i a nigger?

This is why I like Kant's position - accept determinism in the phenomenal but posit what seems like libertarian free will as a practical postulate in the noumenal.

You're right, but you describe it badly. The idea is that you can describe events within a closed system precisely, exactly because you ignore outside factors. A system outside this is still bound the same rules, but is unpredictable because of the amount of factors contributing to its future development. Everything is set in motion ever since the big bang, it's unreasonable for expect anyone to ever predict anything in the longer term based on this, but this doesn't make it any less true.

>liking a guy whose name is literally pronounced "cunt"

Well why don't you just study it like Einstein or something?

Calvin was a based lad. Its a shame Luther won the theological side of early Protestant thinking.

do you feel free? you think and then act on your thoughts, how could any amount of philosophical thought experiments override the simple experience of thinking and acting for yourself

>just because the laws of nature are contingently true doesn't make determinism false. Determinism doesn't say the laws hold in all possible worlds, but the laws we do in fact have together with the chain of antecedent causes going back to the beginning of time/space make it the case that whatever happens, must happen.

Not if you're British. They just say 'Cant'.

top kek
Philosophy was designed to make you waste time doubting things instead of improving them and doing sone actual natural learning
It is a second barrier, when you are too smart for religion but too dumb for figuring things out by yourself
It is the ultimate mental masturbation and leads, ultimately, to nothing useful at all (or worse, to various mind-controlling "-ism"s)
It's always hilarious to see people claim there's no free will. Because these people really do not have it - if they had, if they weren't brainwashed, they would realise that choosing to believe in there being no choice is the one of the most imbecilic things one can do; that if they can think about the concept of free will, they already have it; that if you don't think willpower is a thing, then you'll never cultivate it which is exactly what your (hipothetical) anal masters would want from you
but alas

but i do hit the gym pal,i'm saying that you lost your absolute freedom when your conception was made,making you a living being(at least in my country),you traded yout freedom for rights to live in your country,so you're already a slave,stop being a slave and follow your own thelesma but even then,you'll die very quickly,but free so it's a tradeoff for those who think "MUH FREEDOM" is the right thing.
Order requires strength to make a nation a state and use that state to impose the rest.

Attached: deletethissickfoksu.png (1800x1700, 1.32M)

>choosing to believe
By definition you don't chose to believe.

They're scared of the Kant
no wonder you're faggots lmao

Basically this.

Pic unrelated right? Steins Gate is ruled by determinism. Okabe is fated to "die" in 2025, and Okabe is fated to witness Kurisu "dead".

so what's outside the closed system?

Attached: ggg.jpg (222x227, 10K)

>make you waste time doubting things instead of improving them and doing sone actual natural learning
doubt is a natural step on the path of improving your circumstances, you utter retard. One of humanity's redeeming qualities is its capacity for self-reflection and logical thought instead of constantly bumbling through life like an NPC.

One is an extension of modern knowledge. The other is from when dudes told each other nice sounding explanations but didn't even know what electricity was.

Neither can be proved, but you should know where to place your bet. Not that you need to wager much since it makes little difference.

Determinism is wrong and the Bell theorem proves it. Anyone who rants how events have been fixed since the Big Bang is a faggot.

>you think and then act on your thoughts
I was always under the impression my choices were made for me and then my conciousness dressed them up to try and fool me into believing I was an actor in the process.

Did you watch the anime, Okabe literally BTFO'd fate. It's literally explained in the anime that this is not possible.

Philosophy is what's left over after science, math, and other fields specialized and got methods of their own.

Everyone below this comment is determined to be a faggot

Attached: boke.jpg (1920x1080, 136K)

So what then? do we just put on a smile and pretend that everything is ok?

If the Bell theorem proves it, why is it called a theorem? Check mate free will fags

The real world. When we talk about closed systems we talk about systems where no outside factors interfere, basically the kind of math you did in high-school when calculating when a ball would hit the ground. You could never calculate what a conscious being would think in 10 years, even if it's governed by the same laws.

I want to FUCK Chiri!

Determinism being false doesn't ensure free will, though. If indeterminism is true, our actions are left up to chance. See Hume.

Please don't bitch at me about Newton's Laws.

>drowns his own followers
Yea ... he was cool alright ...

He finagled a way to technically satisfy the mandatory conditions of Beta. He didn't contradict fate.

Attached: 1550376504256.jpg (1200x1409, 642K)

Put a hyper tension trampoline under the rock and the rock will be shot into orbit if you drop it

So then mayushii is gonna die then?

That's alpha.

Well she's not immortal is she?

Epsilon is best attractor field.

>doubt
Explain yourself user

>Berserk is lousy storytelling

Attached: .png (1326x711, 86K)

We can't choose our future but at least we can try to make our present a slightly more bearable by enjoying what we got while carrying on and accepting our fate. That's the choice we all can make.

Attached: d41a775.png (224x216, 54K)

>Every time travel movie is lousy storytelling.
You might not be wrong.

I read the first 3 lines and I can already tell you that he could have avoided his huge disappointment, if he had checked out the spin offs, OVA, and other S;G stuff that was pumped out after the initial success of the original VN.

All of it sucked ass, and i didn't doubt for a second that S;G Zero would suck ass too.

the future is something that you will never reach and wil reach eventually,i may have worded it wrongly,but i think it makes sense,if we can choose on the present,then we can change the future and always learn from the past to apply it from here on out

i liked Steins Gate 0, I don't understand the hate towards it? was it because mayushii cried? or is it finally that okabe has become an adult?

Because determinism is retarded

Attached: 1559586502054.png (400x400, 176K)

I thought it was really ridiculous how Christina was turned into an A.I. that's also available as a smartphone app.
You'd think she would mention something like that to Okabe in the original S;G anime, but i guess she didn't think it was a big deal.

Not only is it a secret foreign experiment it has literally nothing to do with Okabe, nothing to do with anything in Steins Gate, and it really wasn't a very big deal to her.

checked

nice digits.

And you're right, although they clearly trusted each other and exchanged secrets. Remember the "my fork" thing?

WITNESEED

IT"S OFFICIAL, STEINS GATE ZERO SUCKS

Attached: CHECKED.png (338x752, 233K)

Look up Lain

They did that because they know Kurisu is a huge draw. She gets the lion's share of fanart and discussion and always has.

Attached: 43559948_p0.png (1200x1500, 1.81M)

The animation/art and dub was terrible so I can't watch it

Search outside the field that is designed to keep you far away from anything hinting at real things, for a start
My phrasing is a mess and it is no excuse, but
This is what I meant under "doubt":
The designed system exploits a man's natural urge to doubt and think things through, trapping him in a perpetual cycle of doubt while not letting him get close to any definite answer. He does his research, yeah, but only in the field that will keep him without a definite answer forever, since he has already been made to believe that there can be no definite answer. Philosophy is all about constant inquiry, not the answers, all that crappajazz - hence the everlasting feeling of anxiety and uncertainity, which I like to call "doubt" as well
Or worse, the bufoon sticks to one idea he thinks is true based on his mental calculations alone, and starts bashing other people about it, haha
not me, not me, one can gain some empirical evidence about these things
Shoulda defined it better, I suppose, but it is past the middle of the fucking night in here, so if I enter a debate, I am very likely to lose. Cowardice, rationalization, or an order to suppress an unhealthy urge that will make me all groggy for the day, I choose one of you. So much for my talk about willpower, haha
But remember, "boysen'girls", just because you can't think of any ways how philosophy could possibly be made into an elaborately designed brainwashing system when it has been growing due to the effort of many independent individuals across many centuries,
doesn't mean there is none
Tip - da joos don't just waste their time sturdying their jooish magic books for nothing, but they are like only %20 involved at best
A good principle to follow, "just because you can't think of it doesn't mean it can't be a thing"
Love of wisdom indeed, haha
Do what you want and don't what you don't, this is willpower, it is that simple, haha
But there will be a thing that won't like your conscious interference

The English language is sometimes cute. I think "what" can sound cute.

But it's only a few variables that count to the whole shape of our actions. Yes, realistically speaking I have a better chance to find a good job when I spend time and money on educating myself but again, future is always uncertain. As much as being educated and having a diploma doesn't guarantee a better living (you can always be rejected because of such trivial things you can't change like the lack of experience or stuck on wageslaving to pay off student loans for example). Every day we may pass the date of our death. Tragedies happen to everybody. We try to hold on this unstable boat we call life pretending we're always be fine if we pursue our goals but at the same time it's a matter of luck if our reality doesn't crash in a spectacular impact of variables playing against us we could never predict.
Yes, we should try to make our living better, but we should also remain nihilistic in a positive way. If we fail and hit the rock bottom, there's nothing else to do than accepting it. Should we learn from it? Perhaps yes (if it's our fault), but most likely we won't even have a chance in winning against the grand scheme of things. Focusing entirely on success and desperately fixing our lifes only makes the possible fall even harder.

Animation/art was pretty meh, not terrible for times. I never watch with dub but original VA were spot on

>All of it sucked ass
Woah, let's not get crazy. Those IBM shorts were great.

Attached: 49685480_p4.jpg (450x637, 145K)

based, btfo

It doesn't appeal to most humans, it's not an interesting idea etc. Stories are about pathos, saying your pathos is irrelevant and the world and its players are fixed is not good storytelling.

if you think determinism is bad you're probably some post-modernist psuedo that thinks you can explain everything away with "muh social constructionism"

Attached: 1560119314706.png (370x358, 124K)

I think to summarize what you've said is something like this:
>We must put chance in our favor to win
You must see EVERYONE as a variable and everything,outside of the realm of mathematics variables become chaos.
>but most likely we won't even have a chance in winning against the grand scheme of things.
most likely sounds more like a variable,if you think it this way it may sound better:
>You can change the grand scheme of things by affecting the variables that have impact on the previously said
It might not have the impact you wanted,but it's an impact nonetheless.
I agree with you on the nihilistically positive way of thinking,i already do think that way,we are born,we live,we die,but hate it or love it,you're born this way and you only have one chance,so why not make a difference or pleasure yourself along the way?

Attached: nozumu.gif (250x250, 458K)

Determinism doesn't exactly make for good storytelling unless you're breaking it.

>Berserk,One piece,Naruto.

no

the fuck are you talking about? art direction in lain is phenomenal

I hate determinism but deja vu is scary and I have it all the time.
It sucks

Determinism is a useless philosophy.

dude in jojo part 5 the main villian gets killed for infinity for trying to change his fate, it's not universal

Defeatism is better

It hates people that make this threads

You're all.cute. Love you.

>determinism
It's pro self-derermination. It's anti fatalism.

Who the fuck made the gif?

Philosophy is the study of useless observations and determinism is the end answer to all philosophical questions unless you are a religiousfag.
It's the axiom upon which all philosophy is constructed upon.

Fist of the North Star

anime storytelling is shit

Watch JoJo part 5 and 6

>but is unpredictable because of the amount of factors contributing to its future development
That's what most people have a problem with when trying to wrap their head around this. To varying levels of accuracy we can already explain the natural processes of our reality through language and logic, in the form of a formula for example. Any time you can retroactively examined any given situation, you can use some kind of formula or algorithm or something to explain what happened. If you had the ability to somehow observe everything that is observable since the big bang you could in theory explain it in some kind of formula/algorithm/sequence.

If particle A flies out of the cataclysmic space explosion and hits Particle B, it would lead to outcome C. If the same factors preceding the big bang were set up again, like the seed of a fractal, outcome C would always happen as a result of particle A and B colliding. Every sequence that follows would also have to happen in exactly the same way because none of the factors have changed. Matter may have collected over time into a complicated being that is able to recognize itself as me, which seems crazy and only a product of random chance. But if it could all be explained by an equation or formula stemming from a starting point, if those some conditions played out from the beginning all over again, why would they play out any different? What could keep me from getting to the point where I'm writing this post all over again if I am doing it here right now?

I find comfort in the idea of free-will but I'm skeptical of the idea that random chance just governs our reality.

>trying to go against your fate and failing isn't determinism, because you chose to try
that's stupid. your choices could be determined too

You can file a complaint to God for making quantic mechanics not deterministic then, faggot.

Fpbp

To anyone who disagrees: "quantum"

To any of my math Bros reading: "mathematical chaos."

determinism deez nuts lol

muh freedumbs
type of shit all kids latch on to
PSA: YOU ARE WATCHING FUCKING CHILDRENS CARTOONS

>no more
that's a funny way to say both are real and your damnation is certain

>reflecting on the way you process thoughts is a waste of time
no wonder your life is so shit, user

Fuck you, you don't know what you are talking about. Probability is not a property of anything that can be said to exist, therefore probability does not exist. It is a method by which approximations of values can be estimated with relative accuracy, using extremely oversimplified math with axioms founded on no factual basis. Quantum mechanics is shorthand for the Copenhagen Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics, to which the results of the double slit experiment have been attributed. However, the interference patterns observed in the double slit experiment are predicted by determinism as well, if you calculate the absolute mass and angular momentum of the electron, atom or even hadron, using the fine structure constant. Classical physical laws perfectly describe the phenomena observed in experiments with particles at all orders of magnitude, they predict the accelerated expansion of the universe, they explain all observed, measurable phenomena and basically,
You are a faggot.

Attached: 1559658110269.jpg (430x629, 38K)

This user gets it.

> i liked Steins Gate 0, I don't understand the hate towards it
Animeonly/vnonly don't really understand full puzzle that SG0 gives to a reader.
SG0 is great and i love it more than original.

>If particle A flies out of the cataclysmic space explosion and hits Particle B, it would lead to outcome C
Except depending on how said cataclysmic space explosion ejects A, A's initial momentum might not be the same even if all prior events were, thus preventing collision with B such that C does not occur, butterfly effect ensues.

That's a contradiction fallacy and also circular reasoning. You're saying that the result of the collision changes if the collision doesn't occur, that's not just retarded, it is obviously retarded. It's one thing to be wrong, but to be painfully wrong deserves harassment and bullying to the extent that can be reasonably afforded. Work on your rhetorical skills.

Determinism leads to fatalism, and fatalism is for fucking nerds.

Exactly, cf. every greek legend where some guy tries his hardest to avoid his fate and it happens anyway.

>and fatalism is for fucking nerds
So, perfect for Yea Forums?

I cannot fathom how you possibly came up with such a contrived misinterpretation of my post except by being simply disingenuous. Does that make you feel better about yourself?

Slippery slope fallacy

the thing is there's no way for that exact circumstance to come about again. hindsight is 20/20, of course we can formulate an explanation or formula for everything after the fact when we've collected data.

It is clear from your remarkably high level of sheer faggotry that you are impossible to describe without an infinite series of repeating expletives. To simplify a description with an infinite number of words, and even more syllables, to a comprehensible length is no small feat, but just so that we are clear, you are a faggot. You don't know shit about physics, your dick is probably small too and you're also a nigger.

Attached: 1558973455207.png (1110x573, 116K)

>CTRL + F
>”entropy”
>0 results
You might all actually be a bunch of fucking idiots.

Attached: 6D69D0C9-8862-477A-8046-63452AE791E6.gif (320x287, 1.49M)

So you're saying there's a chance. >.> b-baka!

Attached: 1592098374665321.jpg (600x400, 56K)

Because for a culture like Japan, that is literally the most escapist fantasy possible.

Bell's theorem implies particles can be entangled light years away. Hence, absolute determinism in the universe.

Steins;Gate is also more on the side of determinism than not. He just happens to find another solution that doesn't violate causality.

this thread

Attached: 1550066423.png (1000x1000, 566K)

>& Humanities

Does determinism explain why Shinji is a tranny now?

What if I said that one's entire life had been decided by fate? That every single one of your actions, from the minute to the monumental, stemmed not from your own choices, but had already been decided upon? That life being a journey of limitless possibilities was but an illusion, and no matter how fiercely man struggled, he stood at the mercy of a long-established path? The wealthy shall know their riches. The needy shall starve on the streets. The wicked shall be wicked, the righteous just. The beautiful, the hideous, the strong, the frail, the fortunate, the miserable... and finally, the victors and the defeated. What if I said that all such things had been carved into stone eons ago, allowing for no divergence? If so, sinners have nothing to answer for, nor do saints have any true virtue to their name. What if I said that not a single action is carried out of one's own volition, but had been decided long ago? That we are merely adrift in the current of time? Tell me, would you feel content with such a world? A world in which power is merely given, not earned - would you accept knees bent to a throne build upon such falsities? A universe where the sinless have-nots are oppressed and downtrodden - would you allow such a world to exist?
Never, I say. Never.
Those in possession of such knowledge who can still laugh joyfully, oblivious to what it means to be truly alive, are but slaves, the lowest of the low, hardly deserving to be called human beings. Nothing dampens the spirit like the stale wine of an unearned victory. Nothing is more unbearable than bitter defeat against the chains of destiny. Should ceaselessly repeating this farce - this slander of the highest order - be the fate of mankind, then I will struggle against those chains with all my might. I shall walk this road to its utmost conclusion, and, at the distant place I can call my finale, compose an opera that belongs only to me.

You'll notice I said if the SAME starting point for the big bang, or whatever happened was set up again and allowed to play out that outcome C would still inevitably have to be the result. If there is an equation that could theoretically explain what was happening and every conceivable variable was the same, how could it play out differently? I couldn't.

If your starting point and variables are different obviously you'll have a different outcome but if you played that sequence out all over again you'd then inevitably have that outcome play out over and over again. If all variables in a stauation are the same each time that situation plays out it HAS to play out the same way.

See and you are hitting that roadblock I was taking about.

Right now there is likely no way that Identical conditions for a big bang (or whatever happened) could ever be set up again, and there are way to many variables present for us ever to be able to explain what happened. BUT. Big but, it is that it is that theoretical observation in hindsight that is the entire basis of my argument. Say we were able to know all those variables that have lead our reality from it's starting point to now and formulated a massive equation or formula to explain it all. And then say it was possible to simulate that equation playing out with all the same variables, the outcome would be the same every time. If the rules of what transpired were observable in hindsight and able to described in a set equations, and none of the variables could be different, how could there be any potential for events that get us to 2019 on earth to play out any differently? There couldn't be. That massive equation would suggest that if our reality was reset to the very same way it started, we would have to get back here eventually.

Even if there are outside factors affecting things, if they are held to a similar set of same laws that play out in time with the events in our reality, assuming they could be then included in that equation as another variable they could also be responsible for leading to the same outcome in a simulation if they were able to be included.

This is all theoretical and unlikely, but again that hindsight we would need to be capable of is the basis for my entire argument. We are currently incapable of doing that but in the same way Ohms law is always right in explaining what it was observed to, our massive "reality equation" would do the same for our reality.

It's a rather boring philosophical dead end. And there's a myriad of texts that attacks that notion or argues for a different thing from basically any school that exists. Most notable the catholic refutations of Calvinism as they both come from easy to grasp standpoints.
closest you get in anime might be Berserk's causality

>If evolution is real, why no crocoducks?

It's pretty easy to put an animation onto an already humanoid rigged 3d model, user. You can make anyone do the ebin fortnite dances in mere seconds.

Anime is for humans with above average IQ that have the capacity to change their fate
NPCs will not understand this

Just because there are some weird restrictions how an event can be changed and how they cannot be *directly* changed unless you do x,y and z to change the timeline strongly enough doesn't mean it's deterministic. Determinism would imply no control over future at all, much less past.

Are you somehow suggesting that because something is deterministic it's not your choice? just because you'd have that choice every time, doesn't mean it's not your choice.

Randomness isn't choice.

I know right? Fucking tards thinking physics is real.

>free will was invented by postmodernism

You

Attached: 1559667771467.png (645x729, 59K)

>humanoid rigged 3d model
And where one can find those for S;G characters?

NPCs are most often non-determinist, though.

>Because determinism only applies to people with lower than 100 IQ

Attached: 1433461896594.png (585x329, 276K)

Is there an anime about all the greatest scientists of the past being turned into cute lolis yet?

Attached: 241a9c346a5c18cec50b9dd50e75d3c2903189e7r1-1280-696v2_hq.jpg (1024x556, 56K)

All the people who think quantum mechanics disproves determinism are idiots. Quantum mechanics is so aware of the fact that the universe is deterministic, that we have an overwhelming amount of theories like the many-worlds theory and concepts like parallel universes because each universe has a deterministic set of events that occur in it, with the other possibilities playing out in other worlds. Each different possibility has its own set of deterministic events that lead to and follow it. Determinism is why we are able to accurately predict things, because we understand that the universe operates under the idea of cause and effect. We only reside in one universe and we are bound to that one possibility. Free will is simply an illusion of our individual frame of reference.

The only people who suggest quantum mechanics is an argument against determinism are the ones who learned everything they know about quantum mechanics from a pop-science youtube video.

Attached: 1507036027308.gif (500x281, 2.74M)

There's no consensus on how to interpret quantum mechanics and there's no way to prove the many-worlds interpretation.

Yes, but you see there's something known as the gap between quantum mechanics and relativity. These are two thoroughly tested features of our universe that we can say with a decent amount of certainty these theories are fairly accurate to the reality of the universe. Relativity posits that the time and space are two sides of the same coin, and that space-time functions almost like the fabric of the universe. In line with this theory, we acknowledge that time is something we move through and that past, present, and future all exist in the universe simultaneously. The progression of time is the result of our frame of reference in which we perceive time linearly.

Quantum Mechanics, however, shows that at the microscopic level things operate on probabilities and uncertainties. The amount of testing done in both of these fields is incredibly thorough, so it leads to theories such as many-worlds and parallel universes because that would explain how these two things can be true simultaneously. Even Quantum Mechanics and Relativity weren't so thoroughly tested, we wouldn't have something like QED (Quantum Electrodynamics) which involves unifying aspects of Quantum Mechanics and Special Relativity.

*If Quantum Mechanics and Relativity weren't tested so thoroughly

Determinism is a fantasy.

>hidden-variablesfag
It's over old man.

Yes, but it's pretty bad.