Admit it Yea Forums, no manga in existence can ever surpass Fire Punch...

Admit it Yea Forums, no manga in existence can ever surpass Fire Punch. Tatsuki Fujimoto will be remembered as a visionary who changed the manga industry forever.

Attached: Fire-Punch.jpg (400x573, 44K)

Nobody will remember it because nobody read it

Fire Punch is the Don Quixote of manga.

Fujimoto is the Anno of this generation, except he won't be a one hit wonder.

Unironically true. Now wait for Huntards to invade the thread.

it's ending atrocious, don't deny it
all these cool characters waisted

Attached: agni's followers.jpg (800x1258, 320K)

>it's ending atrocious
Nah.

>all these cool characters waisted
They weren't relevant to begin with.

I disagree. In spite of it seeming a lot more Shonen Jump-oriented, a lot of people in Chainsawman threads seem to have read it.
A lot of people seem to have the experience I had, where people talking about Fujimoto in anticipation of CSM by itself made me curious enough about it to read it.
And they have the benefit of having his newer serialization in front of them to allow them to judge whether or not they like his stuff enough to check out Fire Punch.

I don't think that Fire Punch is the end all be all, though. Although it's very, very good, and a fun read.

I didn't understand why the guy who incinerated the village who was religiously firm, then turned in a mess.

It seemed so out of character and ruined the story arc to me.

So it's okay. Some say good, some say great, some say shat the bed

Chainsawman it's a lot better and it's not even serialized yet.

>not even serealized yet
eat

Based.

Attached: download (1).jpg (186x271, 6K)

Fire Punch? more like Kino Punch

dude star wars lmao

its shit

This
nobody cares about it

The ending turn that 6/10 into a 7/10

Easy

There’re 4 agnis in fire punch
>Protagonist
>GOD
>Villain
>San

Is an important part of the main theme of the actions of the characters in the act, no matter the personalities, only what you do in the moment

what's so special about it?

It one of those manga that will become more of a cult classic as time goes on.
It'll be one of those manga the people put on their lists to seem intellectual.

Actually excellent tho.

lol no

It was such a pointless story.

Nah, the problem is youre a brainlet

Let's assume I am. So, what was the poibt of that story?

Sell me on this manga

It makes you think that there's something interesting going on, but then it ends and allyou can say is "Okay, sure, and?"

Love save the world and destroy nihilist

Read up to the part where he finds his sister but it's not exactly his sister or whatever I forgot. It was pretty interesting, might need to finish it

He wasn't really religiously firm. When he was told his 'religion' was based on a movie and he destroyed thounds on that premise. Well... it broke him in time

kino

Best SoL

Attached: 1553337037082.png (1019x1600, 1.14M)

What is that even supposed to mean? The world still dies and nothing is truly fixed. The MC's consciousness (and therefore his character) dies even before that meaning it doesn't even affect him. The two people in the end are not even the character's they've been. It's just their bodies with something completely different inhabitating them with no memories of what happened previously.

I hate this meme word

I still don't get why everyone told him to live

The love for his sister. Generated love in the world which led to her sacrificing herself for hundreds of years of propserity but it did go to shit in the end.
In the very end the love he had for his sister lasted till the end of the world. It was the most real thing. The love. Not even the sister, not even the man who was once called aginy. That love lasted across different people and across times. To change both people, the world and the universe.
Love both saved and condemned them to suffering. Part of those chapters when agni kills himself but luna's 'live' thing keeps bringing him back.

Luna wanted her brother to live and be happy. Togata was just taking the piss.

Because if a man on fire, constantly on pain lives despite that, then i imagine anyone else can too. If he can continue to live, a man torn from everything, from everyone, endlessly suffering. If anyone must live than he has to. It's symbolic in a broader sense.

It's possible they also wanted him to find hapiness. The man who has to find hapiness. If he can't then no one can

Existentialism (anti-nihilism), meaning is subjective and the only real prerequisite is to be alive (arguably sentience and such but that is inherent in "live" in the context of humans).

Basically if you don't know what to do, live until you find out, then probably do it, I dunno.

I'm honestly trying to understand this explaination, but I don't. This "love" feels completely meaningless and it never been that much of a focus in the story. At the same time we literally had everything in the story deal with Agni's indentity. And in the end he just losts 'em all with no proper resolution. Why? What was the point of bringing it up?

Attached: Untitled.png (787x631, 329K)

I know the ending renders this question entirely moot, but did Nenetto survive up until then? I can't remember anything about her

half of the scenes with the blonde girl is him obsessing over her looking like his sister. So when through a miracle she 'becomes' his sister. Which isn't really his sister. He becomes even more mentally fucked up.

But then she not his sister, who he convinced to essentially be his sister falls in love with him. The end result of that is she frees him from the flames, and decides willingly to become the tree.

The rest is more abstract but love is mentioned a few times as to why she continues. Then he finds his way up there to her, and they die once they met together.

Him being the Sun, San, is part of nenneto liking San, and essenitally the same process. As waht happened with Luna. the movie theatre is partly reclaiming his identity. OR just watching gripping television that he 'got'

Attached: cognitive dissonance.jpg (800x1258, 125K)

>At the same time we literally had everything in the story deal with Agni's indentity. And in the end he just losts 'em all with no proper resolution
Agni and his search for identity comes hand in hand with "LIVE" which is basically the central point of the work, all in the cast are related to the same, LIVE in fire punch is a nihilistic idea, which can be taken As the genuine antagonist of the work, this sounds trite but think about it ..

> Agni still lives for her sister even if she suffers horribly always
> Togata lives for his films
> San lives for his god agni
> Judah lives for his lie towards his people

None of them are interested in saving the world, they only care to exist just because, this is when the topic of love that Agni has with his sister comes into being, the purest feeling ending with the nihilism that covered everyone.

Sure, but why? I don't het what's the idea here. I can't take the "it's about love changing the world" explaination, 'cause the story is mostly about Agni's revenge, then him being manipulated and then his crysis of identity. Maybe the ending is about love, but the story isn't.

Agni's miracle power serves as a two-fold symbol of life: His blessing to regenerate his flesh as a sort of symbolic bread, and after being touched by Doma as an eternal flame. These are generally held as cultural symbols the world over, so I'm not (just) pulling this out of my ass as I type this. Agni is, generally speaking, representative of all of humankind. His existence is defined by suffering, the circumstances he (and the rest of mankind) finds himself in are frequently bleak, he's constantly without clear convictions or motivation (he's sort of existentially in want of a clear purpose), and even when it seems that he's approaching a important point of resolution, it's frequently not what he expected. The premises of why he does what he does, the inciting factors that make his motivations, are frequently dashed on the rocks. Christ, even when the climate of the world is fixed, and they enter into a period of relative peace, things eventually fall apart into entropy, rendering it all sort of moot.

As much as it seems reductive and stupid to simply say that it's generally "about love." It's the connection he has with his sister, which is more generally representative of his connection to a self which was integrated into a community at the start of the story. Even if Agni lives so long that he post-dates the earth, the semblances and connections that people form, and how that compels them, arbitrarily and inexplicably, or not, are a sort of universal force. You could say that Agni is sort of representative of that. I see the whole film thing as just a framing device to move the plot, and remind the reader about the importance that narratives and neat, packaged, tidy stories have for us.

Sure, I can see that. What was the point of the ending then? My problem with FP is that the story and its ending seem to be concerned with completely different things. Sure, the story is pretty nihilistic as you say, and like that other user says, the ending is somewhat about love. But they don't make sense when put together.

total rip off of the dude from boku no hero academia

Lel I posted this page in the last thread as OTP. Really though Togata's death was stupid and her death combined with everyone else's off screen deaths marked a turning point, and it stopped being the masterpiece it had been up until then. There was alot of unspoken communication between Agni and Togata in the few frames after he went full Fire Punch for the first time. I think had Togata not died there she woulda cut him up so he regened without the fire. Hell practically the same thing happened at the tree. The whole tree thing was dumb desu. I feel like the interactions between Agni, Togata, Nenetto, San, and the inner circle of disciples was much more interesting, and seeing Agni return to everyone as just a very crazy and very powerful blessed but still only human man, with only Togata as a true companion, would've been a better story. Fujimoto seems to like killing off characters as soon as they reveal their inner feelings, as if he only values them as plot devices. What the hell their his stories I guess.

Togata was the only good thing about this. Seeing Agni annihilate people by throwing his body parts at them was fun too.
That scene where San uses plot holes to explain why Agni must be a god way so retarded it was good again.

Ehm, I think that has already been explained here.
> Love save the world and destroy nihilist
Nihilism is the antagonist, love endures inifinity and ends with nihilism ..

And with everything I said here The history of fire punch seems random, because that seems, but all the stupidity if you have your reason to be being connected thematically.

Howis nihilism is an antagonist if characters literaly got identities that make the move forward with MC having 4(?).

Btw.. Im agree with this one

Attached: 1559429078033.png (1366x768, 527K)

Read you're fucking retard.
>None of them are interested in saving the world, they only care to exist just because, this is when the topic of love that Agni has with his sister comes into being, the purest feeling ending with the nihilism that covered everyone.

Before calling me a retard you gotta learn what nihilism is, cause it seems that you think it means something different than it does.

I did, you fucking nigger

Wrong
everyone cares about it

>Gotta learn what nihilism is
Are you reading me? Who gives a fuck about saving the world. THe whole point is that it revolved around a character driven revenge. You remember the tree part? The tree to save the world..

Well he fucked it up even though he had callhed himself a villain and commited to suicde a frew moments laters.

And you gonna say
>Is not a nihilistic story because focusses on the importance of love, identity and existence.
And im reply, ALl nihilist stories focus on you dolt, Morality in an empty world, love in an meaningless world. Identity is more broad but what is an identity if you live forever to be forever Changed?

Good post, user

In a nutshell

The conflict of the world is with nihilism. A reality that trivializes human experience, feelings and condition. It's all reinforcing that this isn't a wolrd worh living for many of its charactes and thats what most of it is pivoted around

Togata just wants to jack off watching movies. There is no meaning to much of her coninued life

Agni continues on a made up revenege quest that he is conflicted on, and by the end doesn't care about because it was all just an excuse. Anger made hum feel less pain

Judah has frew reasons to live and is just keeping up a rotting world, propping up just for appearances

The author frames this against a fatalist world. Not once do we see them come togeher to try to save it. This world cant be saved, they cant be saved

There is a conflict against a meaningless cold at the heart of the story, which ends with the pursuit of thrascendental love

Love conquered, a meaningless existence. they died in a dark world, an empty world, a world with nothing but their love driving them. Then they died, only when their true love was fullfilled. The movie theatre wasn't even heaven, it was just what a character though it would be, so it was another part of the unreliable narration and framing of the universe and world. It was a socially constructed artificially place without intrinsic MEANING.

I cant hammer though your head, if this shit is not to much for you.. Then you probably retarded

Attached: 1545984785727.jpg (470x480, 59K)

Was he right ?

Attached: sdgqsg.png (169x597, 90K)

considering the back bone of their soceity was a religion based on a movie, and a slave class of magic users... Well it could be worse.