Will the jap ever grow out of the hero vs demonlord + DnD mechanics isekai and make good ones like they used to?

Will the jap ever grow out of the hero vs demonlord + DnD mechanics isekai and make good ones like they used to?

Attached: astarottes-toy-ex.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

Dragon Quest has imprinted itself on the collective nip psyche. They'll never abandon its tropes, only occasionally subvert them.

But there used to be isekai that wasn't the exact same thing with minor changes.

mushoku tensei

That was before Sword Art Online made lots of money and before they started writing isekai for the sake of it being an isekai. If you watched Escaflowne you wouldn't call it an isekai even though it basically is.

Actually I wouldn't call most new stuff isekai since being from different world doesnt really make any difference, when it reverts to generic sci-fi.

When is the age of hero x demonlord going to come? Maou-sama and MMY aren't enough

Tanya exists.

You could argue Being X as demon lord

No, he's not.

WW2 revisionism might as well be reverse isekai. all they did was add magic.

About the only one not medieval fantasy, but not much would change if she was a local.

Did you forget that Tolkien or Warhammer also have the Dark Lord?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Lord El-Melloi II Case Files - 00 [720p].mkv_snapshot_04.34_[2018.12.31_20.54.37].png (1280x720, 1.64M)

>all they did was add magic.
No.
The author did some real research about history, military, army training, command chain, and even politics. Not a single videogame bulshittery. Heck, it is impossible to see any line of right and wrong

Calling Tanya just another one of those isekai trash is just wrong

Attached: rot_in_hell_by_kawacy-db1eidm.jpg (800x561, 162K)

The problem is there being an evil, but that it's the same shit over and over again.

>tfw you won't go commie hunting with Tanya
BETTER DEAD THAN RED

>Will the jap ever grow out of the hero vs demonlord + DnD mechanics isekai and make good ones like they used to?
HAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAHAHAGAAHAHAHSHSHSHSHAHAHAHAHAHAHSHSHAHA

90% of everything will always be generic crap.

Attached: [CMS]_Astarotte_no_Omocha_EX_[BD][720p-AAC][B9B5E36E].mkv_snapshot_16.36.266.png (1280x720, 1.74M)

>not much would change if she was a local
But then she wouldn't know how the history would play out. Plus, she still doesn't know for sure, since its an entirely different word (thanks to the rise of magic development that changed the history), despite the similarities.

And we wouldn't have a grown-up male with a hate to Sonzai Eckusu inside an underaged girl – otherwise an orphan girl join the army, let alone make some innovative thesises.

Attached: deus lo vult.png (1157x648, 443K)

There is comfy isekai too, user.

Attached: Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level MAX ni Nattemashita - Vol.3 Ch.15 - A Ghost Appeared (1144x1618, 372K)

But, user, CGDCT gets old fast and that is assuming you enjoyed it in the first place, which you shouldn't have.

CGDCT is enjoyable, tho.

>When a shota and a older woman have a child together.

It's not that they can't do good ones it's that they seem to be stuck shoving people into the same damn genre with the same damn, generic settings and the same damn mechanics and the same damn story (what if all these girls wanted to fall in love with you)?

It's as though every damn world only had one kind of game. Branch the fuck out. What if someone was the Mayor of Sim City and still had the power to summon disasters and destroy and raise buildings whenever they liked? Would they be as cruel in their rule inside the computer as outside if given quite literally unlimited power?

Or what if we ended up in Crusader Kings II and EVERYONE wants to kill you from the start because you're a religous heretic surrounded by a revanchist empire.

Was this show pedobait?

It's enjoyable at first until it gets stale because you realise you've watched the same show done twenty different ways beforehand.

Tanya is plagiarizing pic related big time.

Attached: cANDc.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

It doesnt even had magic.

>It doesnt even had magic.
Sure, but it had:
>Tanya, a badass who is extremely ruthless, fighting on the side of Germany
>Alternative European history, taking place in the 20th century
>Different Tech from actual Europe during the same time
>An eccentric scientist who invents advanced technology
>Tanya initially not acknowledged by one of the higher-ups of the army
>Tanya got unique abilities that no one else got.
And so on and so forth.

When did isekai went shit? There was plenty of good stuff until a few years ago.

Attached: 1446391912586.jpg (1600x1200, 424K)

Would you rather boring ass DQ style skill/magic lists or stupid ass magic programming

Attached: lmao.jpg (673x955, 262K)

Dog days aired almost 10 years ago.

With such amount of anime featuring Demon Lords and Heroes there are surprisingly few that go in depth about actually showing demon lord and his/her underlings in action. And those that even do that are usually boring LN shit like Overlord.

Attached: Hataraku.Maou-sama!.full.1498651.jpg (1477x1040, 833K)

Haven't seen a good isekai since grimgar

>When did isekai went shit
Probably after SAO and all this MMO crap became popular.

Attached: velikie-pomysly-ody-nobuny.jpg (1332x850, 235K)

>Grimgar
>good
Sure it was entertaining to watch a few jobbers to struggle against a goblin.

DQ, the authors that write about programming are hardly ever programmers so they don't know how to make it interesting.
it's just, magic is programming and i worked in a shitty company where i programmed therefore i'm the best magician

the manga page posted screams exactly that

Fuckin hell, come on!

The first ones weren't even bad, it's all the copies that came after.

When they realize the problem isn't racism but feudalism. The ones the the hero should beat the shit out of isn't the demons but the nobles and kings who oppresses the masses.

Go to bed Lenin.

Hierarchy is the natural order of things. Problems started when unaffiliated people started hoarding wealth and told the peasants the nobles are keeping them from doing the same.

>Working Maou
>Better than Overlord
I don't know what you are smoking user, but Sadao is an even less interest demon lord than Ainz, he didn't even run any camp, farm, do any genocide or torture anyone. He even manage to become a dindu in the end. He is basically a fake demon lord.

>Hierarchy is the natural order of things
No, it's not. For all men are created equal. Nobles and kings have no right to deny common men of their inalienable rights and take everything for themselves. The real problem is when 1% of the population possess 99% of the riches. A real hero should make it his mission to destroy such unjust system and distribute the wealth to everyone instead of becoming a mere tool of the corrupt ruling class to massacre their opposition.

>Rising of the Communist Hero

Shiki?

>applying the US Constitution
>communist

What the fuck does the US constitution have to do with nobles or kings?

The US was created by a literal rebellion against a king...

And would have fallen if the French king didn't decide to help you.

Doesn't matter. Even if that had been the case, it just means the revolution would have lasted longer. The colonialists already fucking hated George III at that point.

Bongs would curb stomp you, you delusional commie.

honestly even if america didn't rebel the UK would eventually give independence just like they did with the rest of the empire

>republicans are commies

Attached: 1388801176790.jpg (509x467, 32K)

None of that is hard to modify for the story. The history part you already addressed, but as for her issues with Being X, for starters you wouldn't NEED a Being X if nobody pulled an isekai person into this world, but even if you did, you could always just have her being an orphan who had a hard knock life being the basis for her war against God. It isn't like she would be the first person to ever get angry at an all powerful deity because her life was trash. The rest can be explained by her genius, which is what everybody praises her for in the world she's in anyway. It might make her more Mary Sue than Overpowered Isekai Protagonist, but you're just picking your least favorite poison at that point. Both suck.

>claims to be a republican
>still exhorts to redistribute wealth
Fuck off cunt

I'm not the fag you're arguing with you braindead nigger.

Attached: 1512754605441.png (366x380, 24K)

SAO isn't the reason Isekai blew up.
It was ironically Mushoku Tensei's WN.

That thing was goddamn huge in nipland and sparked a million people writing their own.

Actually, yeah it was. What bugs me about Grimgar, like with Kenja no Mago and others, is that the isekai part was completely unnecessary. It was just isekai because isekai is the hot money printing product. Did Grimgar need to have a bunch of people transported to some crapsack fantasy world? Not really, it could have just been straight fantasy with a little bit of modification at the beginning to remove the hints they were pulled from another world. In Kenja no Mago, the isekai is barely plot relevant except that he can use SCIENCE to make magic better, which just rustles my jimmies into orbit with my sides.

Then instead of jumping into discussion identify yourself you mongoloid.

I honestly hate the
>Wow it has menus and stats just like a videogame
Its the laziest setting possible.

This is an anonymous imageboard, you /pol/shitter. If you want identification fuck off back to you flag board or to reddit

Attached: get out.png (1000x1000, 381K)

Yes, now the japs are in the trope of the MC being the DemonLord

Attached: 000van.png (225x335, 97K)

>butthurt I assumed he was someone else
>even more butthurt at the suggestion of going into clear
You are equally retarded as that commie from before, don't reply to me ever again.

>child rapist
>child abandonment practitioner
>shit mother
>hedonistic
>literal semen demon and slut
>gangbang orgies all day every day
>employs futanari lover
10/10 would become a 10-year-old single father again.

>literal sanctioned cuckolding: the isekai

>killed by bunny shota

But it does

Attached: Charles-di-britannia.png (704x400, 286K)

???

>the UK would eventually give independence just like they did with the rest of the empire
Because they lost their position as a world hegemony and more importantly, they lost America.

nice, a new chapter of this ise/k/ai

Attached: cute tiny hat.jpg (2000x2872, 1.17M)

He was 13 already.

A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court... now THAT was a good isekai. They don't make 'em like they used to

>"MC wants to bring guns into isekai again but has no idea how to make one. I wonder how sh--"
>OH MY WEAPONS ENGINEER GNOME

As opposed to what? MC kickstarting industrial revolution all on her own?

get rid of the magic gnome and own it instead of awkwardly hand waving

Men ain't created equal, claiming that they are is some serious "I don't want to hurt other people's feelings" bullshit. You want something fucking struggle for it and if you want to keep it be ready to fucking fight to keep it, none of this participation prize nonsense.

>MC kickstarting industrial revolution all on her own?
Which isn't that hard with literal magic.

She wants to shoot niggas, that's literally it.

the new trend is otome villainess isekai

>Men ain't created equal
So what makes you superior to blacks/asians?
>You want something fucking struggle for it and if you want to keep it be ready to fucking fight to keep it
I agree. That's why the hero should lead peasants to fight for their own rights and freedom.

If the peasants were worth something they'd oust their ruler even without a overpowered motherfucker with a big dick helping them, the fact that they didn't rise up means they neither want or deserve freedom.

How can they fight for something they don't even know about? Freedom is an utterly alien concept to them, that's why the hero needs to teach it to them first. Only after they decide to not take it while they have the right to do so, can he abandon them.

What makes us equal?

Yes thr peasant are both able and wanting to engage in politics.

>tfw Ling Lan will never jam a icicle inside your urethra and then step on your dick

The epitome of wasted.

ling lan is very ugly

How would you know, you can't even look her in the face.

Cry more marxist.

The post I quoted was much more marxist than mine.

Based and manifestopilled

It sure is summer.

Equality means no civilization at all, civilizations require hierarchies no matter what you retard. Even back in our most primitive days we still had simple hierarchies where the shaman and the chief's desires were better than ours.

it seems all anyone wants from isekai is an MC who
>actually has to work
>isn't given a bullshit power
>doesn't get a harem for no reason
>isn't a self insert or special snowflake
and
>no rpg mechanics
>a unique plot that isn't just dragon quest from different perspectives
>intelligent combat and characters
yet it seems like we get absolutely none of none of this

Maybe the MC can summon weapons from Earth? If a few tanks suddenly disappear on Earth, the MC doesn't have to care.

It doesn't even need all that, just not being a generic quest would wastly improve it.

I literally just want something other than
>japanese teenager gets isekaid
>gets put into fantasy magic land
>gets superpower
>saves the world while getting a harem

Tanya went that way.
She has bullshit powers but she got her position through leadership
So is Here and There, Then and Now.

>If a few tanks suddenly disappear on Earth
Isekai x tanks is match made in heaven

Attached: i4b6dc96eb9bc3.jpg (640x480, 89K)

Tanya and Drifters immediately came in mind.
Probably Gate, though MC is self-insert with harem

Attached: 1437703793418.png (500x500, 164K)