I believe in S4

S3 was never meant to happen, yet it did, next season in 4~ years?

Attached: Omake Gif Anime - Date A Live S3 - Episode 2 - Tohka All She Can Eat.gif (640x360, 2.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IKZbwuwXTNY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why would you want to go through this again?

More origami and kurumi

fair enough

Do you even know why it got a third season? There wasn't any demand for it. They decided to make a new one because the novel is ending this year and it was their last chance to sell more merchandise. There won't be another season after they rushed an entre arc into a single episode which was ep 12. The anime is dead for good.

Mukuro never

>wanting to see how they butcher Mukuro

Then why is that upcoming VN a thing

How would they butcher her? Unlike volume 12, her arc is really good.

Because it was announced like 1 and half a year before the actual release and it's not even out yet. If you are lucky you will get a final OVA but seeing how they anime bombed I doubt there will be any.

Are you serious? Origam arc was also pretty good but they fucked up the pacing, the animation was terrible and the characters were off-model most of the time. It doesn't matter how good the story is, a bad adaptation can ruin it.

I'm still optimistic, and it hasn't gotten any crippling blows like nyaruko San did

Attached: 1559816815272.jpg (811x842, 107K)

Optimistic for what? They already butchered two seasons in a row. JC Staff made it clear they didn't care about the series after they rushed an arc in a single episode and the novel is also ending in a few months. Even if we do get another season it will be terribly animated and adapted. What is there to be optimistic for?

I did say 4~ years, alot can happen in that time

Attached: dd0tbqp-8b92fb01-9f76-42e9-b79f-9d96c6016fe8.png (1112x719, 1.05M)

>responding seriously to a braindead wojak poster

? But the series will be long forgotten by that time.

>alot can happen in that time
Please don't kill yourself. Almost every problem can be solved, just be patient and be positive with your life, please.

All I'm saying is more implausible things have happened, like trump being president

What does that have to do with this? This is not how the industry workd. DAL is a niche series at best and season 3 proved the fans don't care about it anymore.

>This is not how the industry workd

I believe in miracles and 4 years is plenty of time, that is all.

Attached: 1560610608041.png (751x1024, 560K)

This is not a matter of being optimistic. Try to see things this way, putting all the memes about trump aside he still had people supporting him and the memes only increased that support. DAL, on the other hand, has less and less people following it, the anime only served to damage the series reputation and even the LN has been dropped by a lot of people due to the last arc feeling like filler. The series won't be remembered, the game and maybe a new OVA will be the last pieces of material you will get.

Retard.

user, it's fine, I also know that. I don't care what they do at this point since even somethibg like OPM has been butchered to that extent. It doesn't matter what series it is, they all are at risk of getting butchered.

Then don't ask for more seasons then. The LN is already ruined thanks to Tachibana's incompetence. I'd rather keep the good memories safe than have a shitty studio butchering them.

I'm not the OP. I'm just saying that it doesn't matter if they make another season or not, we all know it won't even be half as decent as the source material.

It's not like a decent adaptation is not possible. The problem is the shitty studio in charge of it, DAL and several other series were unlucky when it was confirmed JC Staff would animate all those shows.

The trainwreck happened due to Kadokawa's incompetence. They just couldn't let the series air for instance during summer, they had to do it in winter.

finish playing rio reincarnation. what do you mean you didn't buy it yet? you do want an s4 right?

That wouldn't change anything, just take a look at what is happening to OPM, that is an actual popular series, one the big ones. JC Staff just didn't care about this series, for them it was another harem series and they probably thought "hey, season 2 managed to sell despite being godawful, maybe we can do the same!" and that is why they barely put any effort into this season since they had nothing to lose if it bombed, the budget was minimal after all.

Why would you buy the same game that has been re-released like three times? These kind of games don't even make that much money anyway.

Hey, at least we got to see her, somewhat.

Attached: Mio.jpg (1200x837, 128K)

What's this?

Attached: ph.png (830x465, 606K)

I mean where did you get that pic from? Did they really draw a full desgin then put a filter on her?

What did you think they were gonna do? Just draw the outline? As someone who is a drawfag, you can't simply have something move without a reference.
I got it from twitter a few gays ago. Some dude posted it.

Draw a silhouette instead of a full character. They can even use other characters as reference, they have Tohka who has very long hair or Mayuri, Kotori with her hairdown, NeOrigami or even Shiori. It's not like the design are that unique since Tsunako likes to recycle a lot of them. It's still pretty nice to see Mio in anime version.

Drawing only a silhouette won't be much help when the character isin motion, unless you know your anatomy to your very core, it's really difficult that only people with talent can pull off. But whatever, this might be one of the few nice things to come from this season, this and the AHIH soundtrack.

Which is why I said they can use other characters as references, her design isn't that unique and if you look at the pic there isn't really that much to animate with her arms and most of her legs covered. Actually most of her body is hidden.

Well they can't have her naked can't they? Also, using another character's design would be the laziest thing to do.

>would be the laziest thing to do
But that is the perfect way to describe S3 which is why I find surprising they actually draw a design for Mio. I was expecting lazier methods.

Season 3 was actually better in terms of picture quality. When the good team did the drawing, the episodes looked good enough to be watchable. Season 2 had that off-putting feel in every episode after the yamai arc.

The color palette in season 2 was kind of opaque. S3 looked oversaturated at times, almost cartoonish. S2 designs looked different to the LN or even S1 but stayed in model during non-QUALITY scenes. S3 designs try to be similar to S1 I guess but they characters are off-model like 60% of the time. In the end, both seasons have different reasons for being bad.

seeing origami smile almost made me want to forgive them

I'm not sure, they made her look like this in the very last scene of her arc.

Attached: 1553347849010.jpg (1280x720, 375K)

You missed it by afew seconds

Attached: 52501736_518072448719488_8121271011103608913_n.jpg (480x480, 29K)

She looks even less feminine there.

>this garbarge get three seasons
>harui doesn't

Why?

she's a strong independent spirit

Probably some rights disputes we don't kow about. Also, this only got a second season because they previous studio went bankrupt and the new studio used the popularity of the series to stay afloat hurting the series in the process. The third season was the very definition of cashgrab, no one wanted a new season but since the novel was near its end, they wanted to sell as much merchandise as possible. Next time, instead of shitposting try to learn why some series get more seasons even if they are not that popular. Imagine if Haruhi got this treatment.

Did they really see this and not think her nose might be a little big?

I'm glad they didn't animate her, otherwise she would have looked off-model in the anime.

Who says she wasn't? The filter covered all the QUALITY.

Retard

Fuck off.

so did DAL S3's BD's fix this awful season? because I doubt it, fuck JC staff

>expecting any fixes other than just a little less of QUALITY
There is not way in hell they are fixing episode
5. That shit needs an entire redraw.

I think they fixed episode 5 actually. I don't know about other episodes.

Like what? The TV should have been a finished episode, not the BD.

That awful slideshow was fixed.

The ride never ends

Blame Kadokawa for wanting to air a rushed product.

But that is something that should have been in the TV version to begin with. The animation should be really good or else the BDs would be glorified TV episodes.

>Kadokawa
OPM is suffering from similar problems though not nearly as bad. This is JC Staff's problem not just the publisher's.

For OPM it's shueshia. These companies pay the studio to adapt their source material into an anime. The problem is everyone started picking JC Staff for literally no reason. I'm not saying JC isn't at fault either but a great part of the problem was the publishers rushing the studio.

But I don't think the anime would have looked good enough even if it was released one or two seaons later. OPM is suffering from the same production issues index and DAL had and they clearly had more time than those series. However, there are like two specific animators that manage to deliver something that is on par or at least close to S1 quality. I don't believe time is the problem when the animators have no passion and are mediocre at best. In DAL's case, it seemed like there were two animators, one in charge of the shitty looking episodes and then we have the decent looking ones. The difference in quality between episode is so big that is hard to say "time" is the only problem here.

That's why I said that despite the huge burden from thw publishers, JC isn't innocent either.

Sure but I seriously doubt JC Staff could have delivered a good season even if they weren't overloaded with so many series.Putting the animation and art aside, the pacing was all over the place, the OST was blander than previous seasons, not that they music was that good to begin with but whatever. They had their priorities misplaced and the most important aspect, they just didn't care about it just look at what they pulled off for the very final episode. If that doesn't confirm the anime is dead I don't know what will. The low production values also tell me they were expecting the diehard to buy the series like they did for S2 which is why they decided to pull that retarded move of making an overpriced bundle.

>he thinks there will be another season with no new volumes being released
Are you aware not even the author wants to continue this series?

I didn't know Origami was a jew.

>AHIH
Fuck that OST is great. The music of the series was average at best but Go Sakabe did something different this time and I like it.
youtube.com/watch?v=IKZbwuwXTNY

Tachibana wrote the story he wanted to tell. He has no reason to continue now that he's already told it.

The problem is that he has extended the story far longerthan he originally planned and he doesn't have ideas anymore. The novel should have ended with Mio as the main antagonist considering she was being foreshadowed since the beginning of the series. What Tachibana did was absolutely destroy what he has been building so far just to give Tohka the spotlight one last time, this wouldn't be that much of a problem if the arc was good/amazing but he already wasted the first half in pointless shit.

>he doesn't have ideas anymore
It's not about that. Tachibana is one of those guys that plans out the plot of the story beforehand so that he doesn't run into trouble later, I know that from having read a few interviews. The thing with the latest developments seems to originate more from the publisher rather than Tachibana himself. Though I don't doubt he'd be delighted to let Tohka have the spotlight again, this volume despite being filler-ish, still fits into the narrative he built. But he's one of those guys that once he no longer knows what to write next, he wraps it up.
Unlike DxD which is somehow still being published, Tachibana has no interest in keeping DAL alive just for the sake of it.

>Tachibana is one of those guys that plans out the plot of the story beforehand so that he doesn't run into trouble later
I doubt that is the case when volume 12 exists, Nia's "arc" was just a plot device to turn Westcott into a threat. Nia herself has no real purpose but he still decided to keep her around. I fail to see how making Tohka a goddess only to kill her and dark self in the very next volume part of the narrative. This was Shidou's past and story with Mio, Tohka wasn't involved in the slightest. It makes no sense in the narrative, it completely ignores what he built for Shidou, his past and everything he has experienced so far. It doesn't help Tohka isn't well developed at all, nor is an interesting character that knows what harship is considering every time she is in danger or feel threatened she asspulls her way to victory or is rewarded for doing nothing. I'm not blaming Tohka for it but the author, he is the writer here and the characters are just the tools he uses to tell the story.

He spent 19 volumes building this nice and somewhat interesting story with some care that kept people around, discussing it for years only to replace it at the very last moment with something very anticlimatic. It's like building a nice house only to demolish it and replace it with a mud hut.

He could easily have that planned out but it wasn't the best of his decisions? I'm not saying all of DAL is great, there are highs and lows. I do however think that killing off Mio and letting Tohka have the focus again wasn't his idea but more like the publisher pushed it down on him just to extend the story a little more.

Tokisaki killed my family

I doubt that is the case. This trend of treating tohka like a Goddess who is not allowed to experience any kind of harpship whatsoever is something he has been doing since the beginning of the series. I doubt the publisher told him to make dark Tohka a misunderstood girl when every other dark spirit is a negative entity in some way. What was the purpose of her being her own persona in the last volume? Oh, yeah it was because Tachibana wanted to give her a proper name before killing her for good. Decisions like these are not made by the publisher, especially when the series is near its end.

This sounds exactly like something Tachibana would do, the same way he turned Miku into an one-dimensional lesbian because he though it was amusing, the same way he made volume 12 feel like a fanfiction, the same way he made Natsumi a dyke for Yoshino for no reason and making her no interact with Shidou at all unless they are in battle, the same way he kept Nia around when she shouldn't there. Hell, he even made Kurumi take her fucking crystal making her even more pointless.

>Publisher: Hey, maybe you should consider taking Tohka into context again, you know, she's the main heroine but you seem to have shifted your focus away from her way too much. For the climax we would like to see more of her.
>Tachibana: Well shit now what? What am I supposed to write now?
>All the things you mentioned happen.
This could be a possibility here. The publisher has no say in how the story is written, but then can certainly make some tweaks along the way and thw writer just has to find some excuse to follow through with that.

Again, I doubt that is the case, unless you are trying to tell me the publisher has been telling Tachibana these thing since way before. In Mukuro's he brought Dark Tohka back for not good reason and in a very idiotic way. Early in Origami's arc, Tohka was supposed to learn how to control her dark impulses better because she knew that would put the twins and Miku and danger then in volume 15 she goes inverse and even helps to fight Mukuro, at this point she is not longer the monster she was supposed to be in vol 7. You can't tell me the publisher told him to do that in order to extend the series. Then we have the absolute asspull that was her fight with Mio, coming back from death and fighting Mio in equal grounds. Now, Tohka has already done something similar before in the movie where she suddenly gained a new form after taking the other girls powers and guess what, Tachibana helped to write the script for the movie. You can't seriously tell me this was the publisher's idea. All these nonsensical ideas surrounding Tohka belong to Tachibana. He likes his dumb girls, he likes shonen battles which is why last volume featured a pointless battle royal. A smart publisher or at lest one with some awareness would tell him to stay in line and keep the story consistent and finish it, that is what a professional writer would do.

At least they won't butcher her right?

Attached: mukuro school clothes draf6.png (453x639, 63K)

Do you really have to ask that after watching S2 and 3? The answer should be obvious.

Well, I guess that's a good thing that we won't get another season. Though it's a shame we'll never get to see her cute side animated or get to hear her voice.

I don't really mind if she never gets animated or voiced, the main reason I like her it's because of her actions, behavior and overall character. Seeing and hearing her in motion is a mere bonus but only if her arc is being handled by a competent studio and staff.

I don't mind not seeing her animated either. I just think it's a shame the anime got cucked so hard it will never continue, especially when best girl was around the corner.

If that means seeing her off-model then I hope she never gets animated.

The anime not getting more seasons is actually a good thing. Season 1 should have been the only one getting animated.

Season 2 should have been cancelled. That was the beginning of the curse for this series.

Retard.

Maybe I should read her arc again.

Attached: Mukuro and Shidou.jpg (680x960, 102K)

It's a shame she was introduced this late but I'm also glad that was the case since that meant Tachibana had no time to ruin her.

Attached: Koikatsu-2019-06-20-20-30-35.png (1600x900, 1.15M)

It makes me sad Tachibana is pushing the predictable Tohka end. It was obvious since the beginning but it goes against Shidou's entire character, what he stands for and everything he has experienced so far.

The series is not over yet. Tohka is going to win no matter what but harem end has always been the second choice even if it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Where did you get that Mukuro?

I made her myself, since it's nearly impossible to make a 100% recreation due to her hair style that is the closest I will get. Ironically, I found the spirits easier to make than Shidou.

I think Tachibana has a different definition for "harem ending".

episode 12 was my favorite one I wish it had been longer

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Date A Live S3 - 12 [720p].mkv_snapshot_08.37_[2019.04.10_22.25.51].jpg (1280x720, 184K)

Good for you. Not many people can enjoy garbage like that and say it with a straight face.

and people wonder why publishers keep giving series to JC Staff. It's because people like you exist. That pic doesn't even look good and has obvious QUALITY.

Even if the novel has a shit ending, I will remember it and these threads for all the discussion we had.

REINE END IS BEST END! AND WILL HAPPEN!

Attached: 1503070925254.jpg (1135x1600, 259K)

[x] Touch Tohka's tohkas

Ded

Retard.

Retard.

Mio is happy in the afterlife so Reine should be happy as well.

I wish.

VN's are on Steam in a few days right?

Me too, I though season 3 and volume 20 killed these threads. Glad they are still around for now.

Attached: 61937379247247.jpg (1336x945, 190K)

You haven't played the games? If you only care about the endings then only the first games had actual decent endings.

Even before season 3 was announced we only made threads for volume releases but now I don't know if there will be any for the finale after how bad last volume was.

Only the old games? What happened to the new one?

It's supposed to be released around July.

Well, this guys has been trying to make this thread like 5 times.

I've only made one thread before this about DAL

Yeah, sure this is like the third time I've seen this thread with the same gif and I think even the filename is the same. Are you also the guy who tried to make a thread with a Shiori pic?

OK 2 times

Just checked, yeah you are the same guy. Next time don't put a shitty trap in the OP if you want to have a thread.

She looks very young even though she is supposed to be the same age as Reine.

The first time Shidou met Reine he thought how young Reine looked for a person of her age.

We are masochists

The animation is not that bad.