Retcons

Share the Worst or most Annoying retcons from your favorite series.

Attached: main-qimg-2d20294942660378e4706bc1d1fdc153.png (602x336, 230K)

It wasn't a retcon
There were 2 chests in the boat
One where Jonathan died / DIO survived (using eye fluid lasers)
One where Erina survived

It was actually said there were two compartments in the coffin.

Except it was, they didn't even fix it in the anime which was surprising.

This is why jojos part 3 pisses me off. the re write dio in and completely fuck off hamon for stands. This is why part 1/2 are my favorite.

The arrow suddenly empowering Stands when GE got stabbed by one in the beginning and nothing happened.

The requiem arrow is different from the other arrows.

How do we know it's a different kind of arrow?

In a row?!

The entire Eureka Seven franchise at this point.

>"Who told you Espadas go from 1 to 10?"
I think it was Nel. Or one of her two friends.

>how do we know that the arrow that looks different and acts differently is different

shhhhhhh you will make Hackraki apologists mad

Attached: 23132 (2).jpg (562x519, 32K)

The Code Geass movies bringing shirley back to life

Attached: 4c3.gif (367x205, 1.66M)

Not a retcon
It's a good thing this wasn't actually Josuke. Fuck time travel paradoxes.

outer coffin and an inner coffin retard.

Not a retcon, movies are a completely different canon. It's like calling something a reboot does a retcon to the original

Araki's writing is pretty flawed but it was just flat out terrible in part 4 with shit like this.

It has a beetle
It’s not him from the future. The man is a representation of the town’s good sprit and left a good impact on Josuke’s character

It's clearly stated that there are several different arrows, Diavolo even says "I thought I would need only one of them" and the requiem arrow is visually different from the others

>retcon thread
>fags get stuck at the first example

They literally say it is?

During the Majin Bu saga the supreme Kai stated that the Potara fusion is permanent, and only Bu's inner fumes broke Vegito back into Goku and Vegeta.

Come Super, Goku and Vegeta fuse again, but now the Potara fusion only lasts like 10 minutes.

Picture speaks for itself

Attached: 62bddd1e14d92bdae37c2f369e629672.jpg (294x240, 12K)

Attached: SandyInsignificantCuscus-mobile.jpg (640x368, 17K)

salad was karin's daughter
editors changed it

That is indeed a retcon but the info that it is permanent came from the kais themselves that only use it between them. The whole "it lasts just a little bit on regular mortals" thing makes sense.

Almost everything from this shitty manga.

Attached: 1560350523978.jpg (869x735, 52K)

This would have been better as some kind of time travel shenanigans. It'd make thematic sense as a parallel to Another One Bites the Dust. Just another way part 4 fails to use its cast well.

What was retconed?

Why do so many people assume this was supposed to be Josuke anyway? It's never implied.

Attached: 1300924204830.jpg (811x720, 207K)

>jojos

>Rain not falling on J. Geils in Polnareff's flashback even though his stand power is mirror related
>Giorno's Gold Experience having the ability to transfer damage back to the person who dealt it
>Anasui being a girl

It's such an easy to predict twist. How couldn't you see it coming?

user, I would have to quote the whole manga to answer that question.
Here is an example:
It was foreshadowed and implied so fucking hard during Marcel flashbacks.
Reinthold reveal happens
Eren has to think back to when the SC was suspecting them.
Boring flashback of stating the obvious + some unnecessary fluff.
Fucks with the pacing and only establishes the fact that SC wasn't retarded (even though they are for not capturing them earlier and almost letting Eren, their only hope to win against the titans, get captured).

Attached: asd.jpg (1200x7226, 4M)

Because I took the scene at face value? There's no hints that time travel would be involved.

>implying that's not jojolion Josuke after he gets sent to the first jojo universe at the end of part 8

What about any of that is a retcon?

are you stupid

All this shipping shit added into the DC episodes.

Attached: Evangelion 22'.mkv_snapshot_21.02.743.jpg (720x568, 38K)

>Share the Worst or most Annoying retcons from your favorite series.
O

MY

RUBBER

NEN

I think it’s just a meme that’s been pushed in recent years people have taken as fact, before the anime threads I never saw anybody bring that scene up and time travel in the same sentence

It was just one chest with two compartments though. Also, this isn't even explained in canon, it's from Jorge Joestar, which is NOT Canon (36 Kars on Mars lmao haha)

Attached: 36kars.png (498x347, 182K)

Stands are a way better concept than hamon and makes the fights more diverse. Now way that serie would have lasted as long as it did with hamon. Only boomers would disagree.

>delusionals still defend this
pathetic

Literally thinking that yesterday.

Not a recon, dropped plot point

You must be confused. Araki doesn't draw out his twists. When something is introduced, it's used right away and promptly gets forgotten. The flashback about the guy with a retarded haircut is there to explain how Josuke beats Rohan. Just for that.

ZA WARUDO is the stand that belonged to Jonathan (case in point: it is similar to Star Platinum). Dio's own stand is the coffin.

He could still explain this in the new universe if he wanted.

>Geass movies
She was never killed because Mao didn't exist.