Baki

What makes the series so good?
I have always loved the characters and the way they bounce off each other

Attached: 1555920335925.png (599x502, 288K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCaFuG4ehoy9YdqamcC1nGUg/videos
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Literally

Attached: 71182737_p7_master1200.jpg (600x868, 224K)

author knows how to make characters imposing and menacing and despite constantly jumping the shark the core themes have never changed.
dare I say
kino
Pickle best baki

Attached: i-031.jpg (835x1200, 250K)

The art.
The story is meh, the combat strategies aren't all that special, but the way he draws fighters is amazing
It looks really weird to people who don't lift or read Baki, but once you get into the gains mindset it's awesome

Attached: idealBody4.png (600x938, 1003K)

>Pickle best baki
Pickle is great

Attached: idealBody.jpg (600x960, 204K)

I really want to skip ahead and read Baki Dou 2018, but I want closure on the Musashi arc first and it's killing me

just read my drafts in the archives; who cares at this point

the fighting style poses are pretty cool

when baki was fighting pickle and he brought back the whip strike pose I was going nuts with how awesome I thought it was... over a dumb pose

also I wish jack got more fights

Attached: 1500359692352.jpg (491x785, 155K)

wait is there a new chapter out?

I fucking love how jack made ali juniors arc do a complete 180. like the author was building him up to fight baki, and in an interview the author said he was originally supposed to beat jack, but then he changed his mind when he thought it was unrealistic

so fucking based and redpilled jack hanma saved us from seeing ali fuck up any more of our favorite characters

jack also lead to ali getting fucking destroyed in his rematches

BASED

So Ali was originally meant to be kind of a proto-Musashi.

WHEN DID IT COME OUT!?

Tell me that this pic if Baki doesn't make you want to fight 100 delinquents,jump off a cliff backwards and fight a giant Yakuza who latter becomes your BFF!

Attached: tumblr_pcihagFZ0N1vlbdlu_640.png (592x960, 155K)

Someone please post the mega link

Are we still waiting for the fat fuck to do something relevant?

>established character not being completely shit on

Does he suddenly die of a heart attack on the next page?

Attached: question Sachiko.png (1280x720, 673K)

Maybe the fatso will realize that Sumo a shit and gets fit.

It makes sense this guy out of all Baki characters would have a chance against King Sumo God
I mean he's a grandmaster of Aikido, which is all about redirecting your oponent's force
And Sumo is all about being super forceful

Suddenly Jack and Pickle fall through the ceiling and land on the tub of lard killing him instantly

Memetobe couldn't beat sumobro

Attached: 1477510029973.jpg (465x280, 56K)

Attached: 766__01__01.jpg (626x512, 203K)

I haven't read it yet.
Did Yujiro fight him?
He kinda flexed on Musashi without outright beating him, so something like that?

Didn't Ali Jr steal Kozue from Baki?

>it's going to be inverse Musashi where all the old characters beat up the new tough guy

At least he's not using a sword so he won't murderbone them all

Read it
Motobe was in a wheelchair at the end of Baki dou
He taught Musashi defeat I guess

Attached: 9klzq175bs331.jpg (777x1200, 506K)

Attached: emr4tw3oej431.jpg (693x1299, 129K)

At 00:00 JST, Thursday, like it does every week. Except for next week, because we're on break for Revenge Tokyo again. For the last time.

no, it's uh
it's a little different
I kind of don't want to show you the rest of the chapter until we're done - which should probably be in like 12 hours - unless you guys really really want it
Shibukawa is fine tho, and didn't lose/hasn't lost

Attached: i-015-016.jpg (1200x1642, 1.86M)

I can wait till this evening
I swear to God now I'm all anxious

Nah cause mAh SuMo ReVivAl

well it's the middle of the night for me, so I'm probably gonna be asleep when it's evening for you

I don't get why anons hate Nomi so much. He's better than Ali Jr., Pickle and Musashi combined. Is it just because he is Japanese and a sumo fighter?

I'm a Brit so probs

so do you need the raws now or what

Not really better, but he seems nice enough. I'm only mad at how they did my boy Oliva fucking dirty. I get how Musashi massacred Retsu with a sword, I even get Pickle's durability but worfing Oliva was stupid. Next up Hanayama will have a grup equal to Nomi.

It comes time for every Baki character to job eventually.

not Jyaku
never

Does he even count?
He showed up and dissapeared

How difficult is Baki to read in Japanese? I've heard the translations were pretty bad so I was thinking of buying some volumes for practising my Japanese.

Why did only Oliva get shit on? Is it becaus ehe's a nigger?

He's Cuban only Americans can be Niggers

He's at all of the underground Musashi fights.

It's not that hard to 'read' per se, but Itagaki's prose/dialogue is extremely unnatural. It is not something you want to practice with/on. On rare occasions, he'll even invent words.

It's unpredictable. Manga and Japanese storytelling in general is often very rote but the first time you read through Baki you will be constantly caught off-guard.

The grammar isn't complex but Itagaki is often poetic in how he uses word meanings.

Will Jack even appear in Baki-dou 2018 when is it his turn to be Retsued?
Then again he's one of many who have yet to reappear

Attached: 74563810_p0_master1200.jpg (600x583, 162K)

I hope not. Jack is not suited for sumo because he's the ultimate lanklet and would have weak joints.

You don't just *kill* a demon blood Hanma

Sukune seems to think sumo just means brute force. He refers to aiki as its exact opposite. Jack is a pretty brutal brute force guy.

Attached: File0078.jpg (1267x1004, 617K)

>Yujiro is defeated
>What's next?
>Guy whose super power is having a sword
>Guy whose super power is being really fat

Yujiro was defeated by Miso soup
Sword super nip was defeated by a flying grandma
Fat man...{to be added}

I still don't know what the fuck he means here.

Attached: W17.jpg (795x593, 228K)

CLONE RETSU ARC

Jesus, Baki had some sick thighs back in the day.

Jack's super power is willpower so even if he got the same treatment as Oliva I doubt that'd stop him

Maybe it's an error and there's a new Kaioh.

Itagaki has been showing alot of Retsu in Baki dou 2018

How can you misstranlsate a common name?

Attached: i-155.jpg (835x600, 168K)

So, Retsu's alive?

It doesn't have any pretense of being anything but a fighting manga. And the fighting itself is pretty good. Say what you will about the art, but it's usually really good at portraying the force behind each punch and kick. It actually feels like there's a lot of power used in the fights.

We can rebuild him. We have the technology.

It's more than a fight manga it's THE fight manga and I really like the characterisation of them all

Chinese martial arts will be reborn with cybernetics

imagine Retsu or Kaku for that matter, going full Stroheim with this bullshit

Did Yujiro have a stroke?
Why did he become so chill

Isn't Doyle already the cyborg in baki

he isn't alone on the top anymore. he knows that his offspring is worthy of carrying the title on. and well I suppose he too felt glad for setting things with Baki. it can be one of those reasons or, as you said, a stroke

>CHINESE MEDICINE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD!

When will Yujiro get to fathering his bastard Jack
What's even Jack's motivation anymore

same thing it was before

pls Itagaki

to join Thunder Warriors and conquer Terra for the Emps I suppose

Difference between Baki and Jack is that Yujiro was always a father figure and even taught him when he was 5 or so whilst Jack and Yujiro met when Jack was in his 20s

Who beat Yujiro and how?

Itagaki needs to add more loved one drama back into Baki
More kozue,Natsue orochi, Hanayama Yakuza gang and maybe even Jack's mom

Baki did with the power of imagination

It was a cop out victory. Itagaki actually don't want Yuujiro to loose at all.

Attached: 味噌.jpg (1280x720, 140K)

Are you talking about their fight in the street or a different one?

he tried.

Hanayama: dude can you come here

Baki: I can't I'm buying Adidas

Becomming the biggest of big guys.

I'm aware you're joking. But Natsue should be able to come back. She's necessary because she's the explanation as to why Doppo's perspective is still grounded in reality.

why souldn't she? Did Dorian kill her, or was she implied to die only?

Nope she's alive
She was there with other mother just before the pickle fight

Neither. As the other poster said, she's around in the third series.

Attached: IMG012.jpg (883x1361, 342K)

I checked the comments on some manga sites and found that little girls started watching Baki 2018 and then read Baki Dou because of the Baki x Kozue relationships. Now they ask Where? Where is Kozue?

Fuck. I addressed this post to you user

Itagaki needs to appeal to his strongest audience,no wonder he made Baki so handsome

I don't believe you.that can't be real holy shit

This is the one were the author shits on all western characters right?

Chinese too.

Nah you got it wrong he shits on everyone who isn't Japanese

When will Pickle finally get a gf I think he's the only fighter who has never dated

Of course it isn't real. There's a fucking graphic sex scene.

Motobe and Jack haven't either.

Girls are way better about sex scenes than boys.
Just check some run of the mill shoujo series and you'll be surpised at many of them have sexual scenes as opposed to shounen series or what have you.

Motobe is old
I can't even imagine a good fit for jack honestly

He did rape that news reporter lady doesn't that count as caveman dating

Never realized how big Shibukawa's feet are.

Hanmasama :)

Attached: 1541346115121.jpg (745x1225, 119K)

this guy has all the chapters uploaded
youtube.com/channel/UCaFuG4ehoy9YdqamcC1nGUg/videos

>"this guy"

he shits on everyone that isn't yujiro *
there fixed it for you

It's an absurdist take on the fighting genre, where everything is taken well past the logical ending point. Yujiro is the epitome of that style. He's the ultimate conclusion of all of the directions the story takes; an insurmountable badass superhuman, an omnipotent clown, a representation of universal callousness. The exaggerated anatomies and movements make the story both awesome and retarded at the same time like a Saturday morning cartoon with gore. The bad arcs and points are where he crosses the line into pure stupid or starts indulging in his piss fetish. That fucking Preying Mantis basement match that went on for 40 chapters too long would have made me drop the series if I couldn't flip past it.

Attached: heehaw.png (597x795, 321K)

To be strong. He's a Hanma, after all.

This is the hardest that Yujiro has ever been dropped

Attached: Screenshot_20190620-152913__01.jpg (1080x1697, 657K)

Attached: 2EVxWd7_d.jpg (385x367, 15K)

If you don't know who he is or why I would post that, don't worry about it.

Well said

Are you insulting DR Mantis Tabogin?

Wouldn't even be amiss as a character in Baki

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 61K)

Attached: doc.jpg (843x440, 290K)

everyone that isn't a doorknob*

You forgot Ali Jr

and the Able Marksman

Attached: udekkoki.png (768x1230, 164K)

Literally undefeated against Yujiro.

Strong is beautiful!

Attached: 1556386330301.png (1100x1600, 530K)

I'm still angry about the final of Baki-Dou (2016) and i just read it 1 week ago. So fucking anticlimatic AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

by comparison, how do you think we felt reading it week-to-week
the week of the kiss was probably the worst week baki has ever had in terms of discussion, on both english and japanese boards

so i read a few mangos of baki already but this is the first time i see this fight you are talking about
from where is this one
or maybe i already past it and forgot it

What are you asking about? Shibukawa vs Sukune? That's just the chapter which came out yesterday morning. Or something else?

>by comparison, how do you think we felt reading it week-to-week
It must have been hell. Like, i've lost interest in reading more of Baki after such a shitshow, gotta need some time to recover my love for the series.

I was extremely glad to learn that basically everyone hated it, even the japs.

How do I know if I'm reading the right Baki, I watched the Netflix special and now I want more

yes that one
chapter from which of the many manga is that one from

poor shibuwaka... i hope sukune-kun goes easy on him.

We never had a gook Shibukawa fight in ages. Is aiki going to be memed on by sumo?

Attached: Gouki.png (595x687, 115K)

>Early arcs of manga are still not fully translated
Why though? Are interest in Baki this low?

There's not much else quite like it, for better or worse
Wish Itagaki would stop doing exposition dumps consisting of information he already told us earlier on all the time though, I can't remember when in the franchise it became common for him to do it but I swear it wasn't always like this/

Attached: 1536027353389.jpg (1141x858, 246K)

Olivia had a good run until he got sumo'd

Retsu had a good run until he got musashi'd

They are.
They're not fully typeset but that's different.

Some guy offered his help with Grappler the other day, and produced a redraw of this page which, while not flawless, was unusually good given that he seems to have exclusively used clone tool to make it. We're considering taking him up at the moment. I might want to see if he can replicate the results with other pages before letting him aboard, given how finicky clone tool is.

Attached: gb 26-067.jpg (755x1200, 247K)

This series does have fujos

clone stamp*
Whatever the fuck it's called.

Yes, but they're not "little girls". They are adult women. There is not a flood of tween and teen girls watching Baki because of Kozue.

Is this Motobe sumo uniform?

Damn, Gouki is fucking ripped for his age.