Author makes a webcomic

>author makes a webcomic
>makes an ending everyone hates because it's depressing even if, thematically, it makes sense
>gets a chance to make their webcomic in a magazine and od it right
>somehow makes an even worse ending that goes in the total opposite direction tonally
What are some other series with terrible endings?

Hard mode: no posting a Mikoto Yamaguchi series because that's a given.

Attached: 10848v1.jpg (1500x2133, 395K)

Other urls found in this thread:

banbi.omiki.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What happen

Your mom slobs in my cock

bases

Sounds like you're just butthurt OP.

The entire thing is depressing, not just the ending.

The point was for it to be depressing as shit, it's a trans manga with an extra step in the beginning.

>bitter change
hmmm

Where's the bitterness? The webcomic maybe, but by the epilogue of the serialized version both of them were fulfilled and happy. Am I supposed to be confused seeing if they switched or not?

Original ending the boy and girl don't switch back, girl is in love with the other main male friend but can't do anything because she's having to live as a boy, loses all contact with her family and eventually kills herself.

New version is the same except girl (in boy's body) is saved by the boy (in girl's body) from getting trucked and they switch back and have a happy ending where they're married and have kids even though romance between them wasn't really a thing up until the very end of the series. Epilogue then makes it seem like they switched again at some point or maybe not it's vague who knows?

Author said in the afterword that the editor was like "you know it actually feels like all this time you've been writing about the love between the two MCs" and the author said they "didn't realize that" so it seems like the happy romance ending was forced onto them at the last minute by an editor who didn't like a series with Bitter in the title and a melancholic/depressed tone having a depressing ending.

That original ending is based as fuck, why would they ruin that.

Either because the author got in their own head about whatever reaction the original might have gotten and decided to go the opposite route or the editor forced the romance/happy ending on them.

Given the afterword I'm leaning towards the latter.

Attached: r7.png (844x1200, 272K)

You know, this is exactly what underaged me wanted to happen instead, years back when I first saw the webcomic ending. I apologize.

>New version is the same except girl (in boy's body) is saved by the boy (in girl's body) from getting trucked and they switch back and have a happy ending where they're married and have kids even though romance between them wasn't really a thing up until the very end of the series. Epilogue then makes it seem like they switched again at some point or maybe not it's vague who knows?
This is wrong. After getting trucked, they swapped back and boy (back in his body) was dying. Their friend speculated that he had actually died (or was on the brink of death) back when they first swapped, and swapping back brought him back to that state. Girl (back in her body) prayed that he would be alright even if they had to switch back. Then they swapped back at this point. Timeskip to them going out, and then another timeskip to them being married.

Either way it's a shit ending.

Unless the boy was a faggot in the first place, his body's chemistry wouldn't let the girl to love another boy. Shit writing.

The ending really wasn't good for a long-ish series.
I just dropped it because of the gaydrama. Doesn't matter if there's catharsis at the end, it was just too painful to read.

>Then they swapped back at this point
What? Why?

So basically, retards can't see anything with a girl and a boy as anything other than romance?

>Where's the bitterness
In fan's reactions.

>What are some other series with terrible endings?
Pretty much all of them. Japanese can't into endings, so you get a lot of all of a sudden MC and love interest are together and live happily ever after, or and the adventures continue, or they pass the torch to the next generation after a derpy final boss fight, or the monsters/aliens/whatever were people what a twist bullshit endings.

Were can i read the original web comic?

banbi.omiki.com/

>Original ending the boy and girl don't switch back, girl is in love with the other main male friend but can't do anything because she's having to live as a boy, loses all contact with her family and eventually kills herself.
Sounds dumb.

>New version is the same except girl (in boy's body) is saved by the boy (in girl's body) from getting trucked and they switch back and have a happy ending where they're married and have kids
Sounds like the author just wanted to pull a Your Name.

Maybe this guy is just a hack?

Attached: 1528689258935.jpg (393x343, 30K)

There are lots of differences between the original webcomic and the manga remake, such as having an entire new character that makes them and Kazuma investigate more about the swapping bodies situation, showing more of Yui's POV about how she feels about all of it, focusing more on Yuuta's feelings for Yui, him not ever accepting Tachibana as a love interest because he only likes Yui and even rejecting him, which didn't happen on the original, after the kiss he received from Tachibana he got so confused and conflicted because he still thought and felt as a boy, that lead him to ignore/not realize Yui was extremely depressed, and eventually couldn't help her/be there for her which made her kill herself, not to mention he was shown extremely regretful and miserable for failing to keep his promise to her of protecting her.
Not going to lie and say the manga doesn't has it's dumb moments though, Yui's sudden acceptation of liking Yuuta felt really rushed and should've been more natural, the final arc was a mess as well, but some time before it, it was quite easy to tell the manga was going to have a different ending, it just should've been better paced.

The ending was fine solid a 7.7 manga. The webcomic Just made people go "WAIT YOU WERE GAYYYY!!!!!???"