You have 10 seconds to fix the Isekai genre

You have 10 seconds to fix the Isekai genre.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Stranded_in_fantasy
youtu.be/quj8sK3Phh8
youtube.com/watch?v=JjaYW5Cnr5k
youtube.com/watch?v=CMGRa4_UjE4
exhentai.org/g/1379263/3276bdef5d/
mediafire.com/file/u9d6ktrix5y1gof/Infinite Dendrogram - LN 09 Premium.epub
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>makes obscene bank
>makes people like you mad
Why contain it?

stop producing isekai.

make it dissapear completely

Sci-fi-ish and related settings instead of the same shitty rehashed medieval one over and over again.

Ctrl-Alt-Delete

replace the protagonist with dreaming skills user and make the world not magic

How exactly fix a genre? People choosing to make shitty stories is not descriptive of the genre.

Doesnt even have be that one, just drop the demon king vs hero bullshit.

80% of all isekai has to be anime original and unrelated to any source material
Isekai may only be published as a complete story.
The title may have a maximum length of 25 characters.

>takes place in an in-depth video game that really makes the viewer invested in the mechanics of the virtual game
>protagonists that aren't shitheads or super OP
>team that isn't full of usless harem girls
>long-ish story that has multiple diverse arcs that keep the viewer interested in watching the show

the sad thing is, doing this isn't necessarily hard to do, its just that isekai has been used to easily implement fan service and other weird shit into anime. i dont think anything can save isekai at this point.

turn everyone into a cute and funny character

>The title may have a maximum length of 25 characters.
Come on man, that's too harsh.

Attached: 81lHCfohXhL._SX425_.jpg (425x351, 37K)

kill Emilia
fuck Beako
marry Rem
wait what was the question

I want an isekai where the protaganist comes from a cut-throught dog eat dog world and get isekaied into a peaceful post scarcity society. He then proceeds to fuck everything up as screw over all the unsuspecting utopians with shrewd tactics and brutality.

So, Demolition Man?

>Stale Dragon Quest knockoff setting
>Overpowered cheat abilities (with few if any drawbacks) that immediately kill all tension
There's nothing wrong with isekai as a setting. The problem is how many of them follow the same garbage template. It was the same thing as with the battle academy genre, where almost all of them from 2013 on were blatant IS ripoffs.

Dawi will fix it

Attached: 28 (1).jpg (870x1293, 302K)

Anime fucking when. There's more than enough material.

Attached: 51lOSC0wbfL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (333x499, 45K)

It is unfixable. So either enjoy its current state or make it disappear completely.

This is a nice suggestion but Japanese are massive Dragon Quest fags. This trend started from that series and it would be impossible for them to drop that plot point.

remove all 'real world' gimmicks and play them all straight. let them differentiate each other on plot

The protag get transported/reincarnated with his best friend

less onions, more tits

They're also massive Star Wars fans. How about sci fi?

Attached: 1560064279214.jpg (2910x2460, 436K)

Make it more realistic.

Make Seo Kouji do it

Attached: 1497508871515.jpg (2102x3200, 2.07M)

genocide otaku

Honestly liked her flowing cloak attire better than bikini with a face cover.

There, it's fixed. Where do I send the bill?

Make Aqua every character in every isekai.

Attached: 1541043240476.jpg (566x768, 88K)

>genre
Stopped reading there

put another 10 seasons of Konosuba in to production

He said fix, not ruin every single one.

Soon

Attached: 1559284374421.webm (720x406, 2.4M)

It isn't isekai that's the problem, it's isekai's popularity. Once the isekai trend is replaced by the next fad all us Yea Forums NPCs will be jerking ourselves raw over how much the new trend sucks and is going to be the end of anime and it killed our dogs.

Attached: 1541842450509.webm (720x486, 1.98M)

Attached: 1530399845307.png (794x872, 375K)

Turn it back into a shoujo genre

That bikini armor felt incredibly out of place. I mean it's an ecchi manga and all, and being able to take her tits out quickly if needed was actually a relevant thing to account for, but still.

Isekai is not a trend. It will stay around forever. Unlike previous fads, isekai is very general and can fit any genre in manga and anime. It is also very useful for authors as a framing device and for quick and dirty world building that allows limitless pairings of concepts and ideas. It will never die.

No more new isekai, ever.

Remove harems.
That's the main problem with isekai. They're all haremshit.

Stop making romance the focus of your stories.

Based Astartes

No shoe-horned morals with protag being a limp dick.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh ADD MORE LOLIS.... JACKIE CHAN!.. FUCK.

Attached: 1520071853163.jpg (1121x720, 285K)

1d4chan.org/wiki/Stranded_in_fantasy

Nuke Japan completely off the face of the Earth. Isekai problem solved

Start making romance the focus of your stories.

What if the answer was "yes, but stats may vary?"

Do they use condoms in isekai?

Attached: 20181002_184903.jpg (610x728, 469K)

Attached: 1505450672602.jpg (1412x734, 148K)

Stop making the mc a beta virgin

Fewer harems, more single and developed waifus.

Attached: Risou no Himo Seikatsu.jpg (870x1255, 494K)

The Isekai is Our World

Attached: Killua.jpg (1280x720, 157K)

I agree with you in principle, but Risou is total garbage. When your MC's motivation is to do nothing and the entire world is conspiring to make his best course of action "do nothing," don't write the goddamn story.

This is all great except for the video game bit. Screw that.

Is there any Isekai medium that do this user, please tell

So Dendro, basically.

Redditpilled

Time Travel

Waaaaaay more tits and fanservice

Attached: 6BEAEF18-C32B-4438-9E28-46CB16B1E7E4.jpg (1280x1442, 344K)

The first step is maturing as an individual and realizing not everything has to be about you and your tastes. If you don't like something, stop watching it instead of insisting it change to fit your preferences.

That's also the only way to fix any entertainment medium.

Honestly, be more selective in who gets to write. As it stands people with no talent or imagination are getting LN deals for their wish fulfillment OC. Isekai is often crap because it is lowest common denominator entertainment written by the lowest common denominator. It's not even muh harem, its that the harem is dogshit 1-D waifu bait.

>didn't specify writing system
>25 Kanji title

>You have 10 seconds to fix the Isekai genre.
Remove the "isekaid character gets a free cheat" concept.

Konosuba is already perfect, it doesn't need fixing.

Animate the Megumin spin off.

Part 4 was released a week ago.

Make it scifi or future instead of medieval settling. Make the world more advanced then the world the MC came from.

remove adventure guilds and cheats

>tfw no seargant hardass ice queen to torture me until I either git gud or die trying

>adventure guilds
This is the single most retarded thing ever.

Let's just go to another world that doesn't have all these problems.

>MC doesn't become an adventurer and instead settles down in the first town he gets isekai'd into and makes makes shitloads of money using his knowledge from the future.

s-she's a big girl...

No light novel adaptions. No medieval euro the fantasy world has to be unique.

The protagonist is a Japanese transported to a generic harm anime world. Using his knowledge of the genre he is able to navigate all the tropes of the world, but slowly he comes to terms with the fact that all the girls he's dicking are functionally retarded. Second half of the season he starts to realize that everything in the world is written for an audience, and that he's been being watched the whole time

Take inspiration from things that aren't video games and anime. There, done. It's the same problem Tomino has been going on about for the better part of 20 years. Anime creators (and LN's) have been getting more insular with their influences and they need to widen their horizons.

Attached: 1195149898843.jpg (1816x1832, 379K)

>I do nothing
There it's better then ever now.

Attached: 1504462337420.jpg (500x596, 46K)

>protagonists that aren't shitheads or super OP
Everybody's OP tho

>10 volumes in they are now mortal enemies

>10 more volumes and they become gay lovers

Inception Isekai

MC is trapped in his own mind and knows it.
The world is his own imagination, and he struggles to escape every temptation in journey to find his true self and wake up from a coma back to the real world.

Will the MC sacrifice the friends he made along the way?

Nah, somewhere along the way one of them becomes a woman, that's what my chinkshit taught me.

fucking kino

What is that, Dunbine?

All isekai must now promote impregnation and portray family life in a positive manner.

Quit making it such a fucking cope and actually write something interesting for goddamn once.

A very interesting concept, could be the 'love finds away' pasta. It's too bad it goes against everything that is escapism and therefore would not sell to any jap otaku/office drone or western weebs.

Attached: 1506387648962.gif (500x375, 1.47M)

More Mushoku Tensei with vibrant and interesting world building and consequential character-drama.

Less SAO clones with bland protagonists who never fail or suffer.

Write your own, fucker.

Attached: 1548295205434s.jpg (125x97, 3K)

Literally Kino Seeker

>instead of sending the protag to a fucking game, he's now in Venezuela
>have to learn spanish
>only two waifus
>both are Maduristas
>instead of fight against "el Tirano", he's now helping him
>the only way out is... he don't want to come back
yeah, that will be pretty based

You used to be nicer

You used to be not a thumbnail

Attached: 1560908669798s.jpg (122x125, 3K)

>tfw caught up on Ling Lan's "gotta become the strongest so I can rape my future baby daddy" ride
This is an absolutely shitty type of feel man.

Attached: 1523904177552.jpg (439x426, 75K)

Succumb to MTL

Same, just got to the latest translated chapter like a minute ago.

>“This saying goes ‘if you don’t want people to know, you’d better not do it’… What more, this is not a shameful thing. A hero is usually flirty; if he’s not flirty, he wouldn’t be a hero, right? Especially such a hero like you, Master…
Oh right, Rhode is not a filthy virgin.

>it's another whiny normalfags complain about isekai thread
Now if only the mods would take the hint and ban all the complaners in these threads.

BASED

Just make every Isekai anime Army of Darkness, the best Isekai anime.

Source?

>Klein just tricked a kid into thinking he had a divine revelation
That's my boy.

Seikon no Qwaser

>guy goes to mc for a chat
>mc offers him some food but he declines
>"you are now my enemy forever, get fucked"
it's fucking impossible to figure out what will set off these edgy chink mcs
they're a different breed of bad from jap mcs yet equally shitty

Have the translations gotten to the point where Audrey prays to The Fool fora mirror divination or is that later?

That's later.

>"Hi, I'm Boss Lan
Creates her own Dao, the DOMINANCE Dao
>"Hi, I'm Boss Lan
Instigates a Grand Melee and wipes out the strongest seniors
>"Hi, I'm Boss Lan
Takes over military transport to academy
How her enemies don't run in fear when they hear "Boss Lan" is beyond me at this point.

not touching his food=not giving him face=they're enemies now

Lil Yuan'er soon.

She's simply not strong enough to deal with the really big fish yet, there's also the fact that she's hiding her powerlevel so she doesn't get the shit assassinated out of her.

Sounds like a low exertion method to get the shit out of you to be honest.

That's just lazy writing. You'd hope people would care to do better.

I meant more the pissant kids who try to compete with her. Even hiding her powerlevel she still dwarfs every one else her age.And if push really comes to shove she can manifest one of the Numbers into her body for a time.

>make characters with well thought out personalities and character arcs
>don't use the samey old rpg magic other isekai use
>make all scenarios ridiculous but write the characters playing it straight
Literally perfect you can't fault me

clearly she's just been lucky

Should take a crack at writing it.

Reasonable people kinda run away the moment she stares at them for a second because they can feel that she's bad news due to literally making the temperature go down just by being in a room, expecting prideful noble young masters to do the same is hard though.

Set a hard word/time limit and ensure at least a 30/70 male-female side character ratio.

What if we bokurano it.

Attached: 0657599_PE709869_S5.jpg (2000x2000, 169K)

I'm still surprised there's not a 40k anime of some kind. Seems like it hits every point on the "things Japanese people go apeshit for" table.

Isekai four popular isekai protagonists along with their side characters into a world where they're forced to be classmates.

>Hating people who always have smiles on their faces so much you manifest Ice Affinity as a second latent talent
I laughed so hard when even the numbers just hazarded a guess as to why it happened.

Number 5 has a lot to answer for.

That he does. I can't wait for her to finally train with #4, she'll end up as a less Busty Mu Xuanyin.

Attached: 1560773976140.png (240x240, 98K)

So maybe have like a couple of kids get isekai'd to death battle an alternate universe group of other kids that also get isekai'd, each with a gimmick of their choosing. After the battle ends, the kids that lose have their universe destroyed. The main cast will have to battle multiple times with characters dying and getting replaced with their friends.

Protagonist is a cake and the harem is oji-sans.

Isn't that the plot of the tournament arc of Dragon Ball Super?

>No moe
>No clothes that make you wonder about how advanced their textile industry is
>No forced plot inserting MC in conflicts and things he should have never been apart of

*erases isekai and native isekai from existence*

FUND IT

use the isekai world in order to force the main character to face and overcome their problems from the real world.

In other words, just do fucking Digimon.

Attached: 300px-DA01_07.jpg (300x224, 30K)

Today's cliffhanger pisses me off.

Well, nobody really dies in dragon ball

>historical setting
>no fantasy stuff
>MC has no special powers and has to use his knowledge from the modern world to survive

Sounds boring as fuck.

So a Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court type of shit?

If Ling Lan wants the strongest baby, wouldn't she need to find some way to get to Little Fours home system? They are supposed to be the absolute pinnacle of humanity.

Haven't you ruined video games enough with your boring ugly ass realism shit already?

Add cyberpunk, mecha, and yuri.

If she can't find a strong enough man she'll just train one up.

>read story written by a nation of gutteroil salesmen
>be surprised that they might have some pretty fucked up morals
I don't know what you were expecting.

>King Arthur's Court
That would be interesting if it was actually historically accurate. So no knights in shining armour crap but Romanised Britons trying to survive against the invading Anglo-Saxons.
>wah everything needs to have constant action and huge explosions

I feel like the ML is gonna end up being that Cheetah mecha operator. They both want to carve their own paths and she taught him her father's legacy techniques.

He feels too obvious at this point so I doubt it.

Make the main character a chad who tears open the portal by re-racking the dumb bells too hard, instead of yet another betamale self insert.

gay ass "Muh Emperor" propoganga, they don't even have lasers. Fucking "bolters"? Bitch this is the 40th millenia, not preschool. fuck your glorified Halloween decor of a "god" and fuck the astartes.

No, I just don't want a story to be some boring as fuck shit set in some boring as fuck "realistic" world just to please some autistic faggot who thinks the world being a muddy shithole with stinky peasants and rampant diseases would make a story better.
There is a reason most people prefer fantasy over historical stuff: they want something more interesting than the shit they are already used to.

>what is Log Horizon

But what if you're so used to Michael Bay explosions fantasy that a realistic world actually seems interesting?

>Little Four inadvertently gained a husband
O I am laffin

Don't forget to make everyone ugly as shit and scan 3dpd's faces as models for your character designs because good looking attractive people are "unrealistic".

Stop making them all take place in a medieval setting
Don't make them take place in the past at all.

Send them to a future world parallel world once in a while.
Send them to a place like earth but somethings are off, like aliens came in 1947, Hitler was a catgirl, the germans discovered south America instead of the spanish.
Instead of some medieval RPG send them to GTA, Mario, ect.

Yust read fucking Wutherhing Heights or something.

Part of the appeal of isekai is the MC using his modern knowledge to his advantage.
If he is sent to the future or to an alternate version of the present then he is just another retard.

Fuck off relative of chavez/maduro

Lol

New smug wildcat chapter is up.

This ain't it chief

What is the archetypal chinkshit story? I want the beastmen in a story I'm writing to be wuxia notchinks but I have no experience with these shit outside of some manhua and fuck me, I'm not going to read a million chinks stories just to know what cliches to add.

>dreaming skills user
Who>?

Boku no Pico

>dreaming skills user
Top 10 most retarded MCs in history

Dunbine's like the grand daddy of Isekai anime.

They hate Tau.

== THE JOKE ==>

Attached: Isekai Protagonist.jpg (1128x1618, 432K)

Just read Womanizing Mage, it's tropes on tropes on tropes.

All wuxia webnovels are paid for by the word, user. You're going to be out of luck if you're looking for a succinct one to grab the tropes.
I'm legitimately unsure if I could name a single novel that's under a million words.

But probably try, like, Against The Gods or something.

There are a few series that advertise themselves as this and they're just a grating as regular cheat harem isekai.
Instead of the MC getting a bunch of cheats from god right off the bat and easy moding his way through life instead he just meets a series of unbelievable fortunes to propel him to the top in short order and then from that point it's basically just another wish fulfillment power fantasy.
>oh gee good thing I decided to memorize the wikipedia article for this particular important invention for no good reason while I was bored
>oh golly instead of getting raped by bandits right after dropping into a medieval shithole with nothing but the clothes on my back I just so happen to bump into an eccentric person of great influence and power who took an interest in me and is either a cute girl or has a cute daughter
>oh look every military commander I face off against is incredibly retarded or haughty or both

An user who showed up in an isekai thread and claimed that as a child he had something similar to a RPG HUD that allowed him to see how many skill points he had in a particular thing like "walking" and re-invest those skill points in other stuff (like dropping the Walking skill to 0 to improve the Math skill). He explained he learned how to use in his dreams (his Dreaming skill was high as fuck).
He claimed he became some ultra-genius using this power (though he kept walking like a 8yo) but eventually he started losing the power to see that HUD and couldn't remember how to use it again because he dropped his Dreaming skill to 0 to invest in other stuff.

>Part of the appeal of isekai is the MC using his modern knowledge to his advantage.
No, the appeal of isekai is magic and monstergirls.

Also having the MC be a wizkid because he knows modern conventions just makes the MC more of a mary sue and or overpowered.

I'd rather like learning with the MC about the new alien or future world he's sent too.

>just makes the MC more of a mary sue and or overpowered
Yes, that's the point.
If you want your isekai to be succesful then you better appeal to the NEET power fantasy or you are fucked.

Why fix something which already has variety and is ALMOST perfect?

It doesn't pander to them, that's why.

i add more waifus and remove all sex censorship. who cares what happens to isekai.

Attached: 1560841279666.gif (500x281, 1.06M)

Remove male MC
Make everyone a lesbian for the new female MC
But then a boy joins the harem and he instantly wins, destroying /u/ forever

Attached: 1492323824620.jpg (1200x1200, 532K)

Make it like old isekai anime where one or multiple girls are transported to another world, meet a male tsundere as the main girl's only romantic interest, and they have adventures with a colorful cast.

Attached: 1503869657720.png (1280x720, 907K)

MC gets isekai'd into an RPG but it's one made by Bethesda so the whole thing is filled with bugs, game-breaking shit and random exploits.

But wait! The boy turns out to actually be a girl, btfoing hetshits.

>muh shitty gimmick
and then you run out of material after 5 chapters

I wish there were more novels about MCs who exploit bugs in the world's mechanics.
Instead of literally one and it's a harry potter fanfic.

>implying
If there is a genre where one can keep the same shitty gimmick and repeat it over and over and over, that's isekai.

kono sekai ga game

>HISTORY BAD
>FANTASY GOOD
Only retards think like that

>FANTASY BAD
>HISTORY GOOD
Only retards think like that

there's literally multiple of that shit already and they all run out of steam within 10 chapters

more aqua

Attached: 36.jpg (1080x1350, 124K)

isn't that just Duke's daughter?

Well, those retards seem to be the majority, since fantasy is ultra-popular while "muh realism" crap always flops, so if I wanted to write an isekai story I'd definitely appeal to them instead of the 20 fa/tg/uys whining about dual wielding not being realistic or some shit like that.

>the weakest cheat is actually the weakest cheat
>no gimmack or anything it's just weak can't do shit against the other OP isekai'd characters or even the knights
>but it's still useful in a pinch MC just has to strategist and struggle

Like he gets a Genie of the ring while everyone else get Genie of the lamp sort of deal

that'll just make the genre worse

I'm trying.
I'm not even 20 chapters in and I already indulged in a million cliches plus making my MC way more of an edgelord than what I originally planned.

no game no life s2

that's usually the question I have with most chink MCs
antags smart enough to run a fucking background check to see if this fucker is a crouching tiger or hidden dragon are not rare but are not all that common either

Most of the time someone tries realism, they do a poor job of representing realism and it ends up being whatever grimdark unrealistic nonsense they believe is realistic.

Attached: Consider the OHOHOHO.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

Except I never said that you fucking idiot. I suggested a realistic historical setting because everything right now is filled with fantasy settings. You're the one that immediately dismissed history as boring
>20 fa/tg/uys whining about dual wielding not being realistic
That's because they're fucking idiots that think they know better just because they play some shitty board game

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 36K)

If anything I want isekai that is more similar to the movie.
That pseudo-apocalyptic fantasy |shit was great.

There's always more cocky idiots than reasonable people, I mean yeah, their narrative purpose is to show off how cool and competent the protag is by stomping on them, but they mostly still happen because it's a cliche by this point, and a easy to use one at that.

if you love realism so much why don't you just go outside?

I dismissed history as boring because it's fucking boring.
There is a reason every historical movie/game/novel has to make stuff up and romanticize the shit out of everything.
Nobody wants your realism crap.

t. historical illiterate or an ADHD kid

>because everything right now is filled with fantasy settings
Yeah, and there's a good reason for it.
I've read a handful of low-fantasy isekai novels lately (or, transmigration, since they were CN), and I can tell you with confidence that it would have been very dangerous for them to go any lower. They just wouldn't be fun.

Obviously literally any setting can be turned into a good book by a good author, but this is isekai novels we're talking about so that ain't happening.

b-but everyone in my story is dirty and smells bad and the whole world is different shades of brown and the MC dies because his small wound got infected and he couldn't treat it properly. Also everyone is greedy and violent.
Please read my "realistic" crap that serves no purpose other than allowing me to feel smug about my historical knowledge, it's definitely better than the stories with dragons, magic and flying swordmen!

>strawmanning

t. retard who would rather suck his own cock than write something that actually sells

>that fucking wedding reveal
Alright Library of Heaven's Path, you've got some major explaining to do for this bullshit.

>popular means good
Well this is an isekai thread so no wonder it's filled with retards

>20 fa/tg/uys whining about dual wielding not being realistic
/tg/ here, you'd get dozens of replies calling you out if you went there & said dual wielding is unrealistic. You would also get lots of replies about how wielding a parrying dagger is more common than two same-sized blades.

I still want an isekai that completely shits on the 40k lore

>Japanese MC gets truck'd
>born on hive world
>managed to solve all their problems
>has psyker powers but is immune to demonic influence
>powers are about the emperor level and it's explanation is he is closest to pure untainted humanity than everyone else
>he goes up the ranks despite his common background
>inquisition keeps trying to fuck with him and are constantly BTFO'd
>he gains the respect of the orks
>saves the Eldar and they are his friends for live and some girls are added to his harem
>permakills a greater daemon
>destroys the C'tans
>friends with Trazyn
>wins 40k

I liked how it set up the world's most obvious plot twist like two hundred chapters in advance, and then hit you with the actually-unexpected twist immediately after.

Popular means it sells.
If no one reads your shit then it won't have any influence in the genre, it will be just some obscure novel that only two faggots know about.
In a market as oversaturated as the LN/WN one you can't afford to write some shit that no one really wants just to give yourself a pat in the back about how intelligent and wise you are and how your armor being completely practical and faithful to the period is a great accomplishment on your part.

Like goddamn, his origin was incredibly predictable to the point where they didn't even try to hide it but this whole fucking weding mess is like a truck hitting a kid while they're crossing the street.

>like a truck hitting a kid while they're crossing the street
Shota isekai?

The person dies and goes to another world but it's just like our world only with different people in it.

The story is all about figuring out how a guy who literally appeared from nowhere can go on to have a normal life in a world where he legally doesn't exist, as well as coping with the fact that he will never see any of his friends and family again.

Fuck your Truck

Attached: 1.0.jpg (1920x1080, 183K)

I want that and I think the more hilarious part will be the tears of their fanbase. The threads will be a sight to behold.

>penicillin didn't exist

I think a western isekai would be fun.

The best bit about his origin twist is that there's literally nothing in the way of evidence towards it in the entire book, and even a solid point of counter-evidence.
It's just that by the point it comes up you've figured out the jokes the book likes to make, so it's really obvious.
And then the author keeps slipping in jokes that are only funny if you've figured it out, because he knows you already have.

Even though LoHP is pretty simple and repetitive, in its own way it's a really good novel.

This is your OG truck, please say something nice about him or he'll send you to Byston Well.

Attached: OG truck kun.jpg (960x720, 109K)

haven't watched it but i want to now

>no waifus
>SJW nonsense
>dikes in positions of power
no thanks. i've had enough of western storytelling after star wars and game of thrones.

If you liked NGNL you'l probably like it.
It's a prequel set like hundreds of years in the past where Sora and Shiro's past incarnations or some shit like that try to stop the war between the races that has fucked up the entire world and driven humanity to the brink of extintion. The game rules and other shit doesn't exist yet so they have to rely on more manipulative and stealthy tactics.
I also didn't expect it to make me cry.

The closest I've seen to that is One Million Dollar Bill where everyone is powered by the American Dollar, I'm talking dudes transforming their bodies into dollar bills and pennies to make themselves indestructible and punching people with fists made of coins.

Fuck, the trailer sells it better than my shitty description:
youtu.be/quj8sK3Phh8

Isekai'd into STALKER universe.

>MC gets isekaied
>has to sell her body to survive because she has no other way to get food

All these "i get OP powers then get an easy life" stories are ridiculous.

>lower the age of the heroines by 40%
>make them more honest
>make them more pure
>more focus on protagonist-heroine love life
There you have it, isekai with a good romance base. Platonic love is what's lacking.

Attached: Xiang Xiang.jpg (1429x1020, 824K)

Narnia

but she's actually a transman, making no one happy

Haru has zero issues with being a whore outside the times her customers do shit like choke her.

Bruh, these threads sallivate over girls like Mira all the time, being genderbent means fuckall unless you look like a 3DPD tranny.

no i mean like a cowboy western

thank fuck sora and shiro are in it, gonna watch it brb

The writer must make an outline of his or her story arc before beginning to work on it. Failing to have any clue of where the story will/can go is the greatest sin of fiction authors, just look at what happened to Tomo.
Alternatively, isekai characters from competing fictions
Alternatively, just stop using regular Japanese people. Why can't I find a completely straight Yakuza in another world series?

It's historical and therefore boring

Million Dollar Bill is that kind of western (well, kinda).
>A 20th century United States that’s conquered by alchemy and money.
>Due to his crime of squandering an alchemist’s gold, Bounty Hunter Bill Withers lost his original body and became an incomplete existence.
>As he was desperately trying to repay his debt in order to regain his original body, he comes across some information on a girl with a huge reward on her head.
>Bill and Ray, an observer sent by the alchemist, find the girl with some difficulty, but an assassin from the ‘Million Dollar Round Table’ blocks Bill’s path!
>In order to survive her harsh fate, the girl offers Bill a deal which he can’t refuse, but···.
>People are the ones who start stories, but bullets are what always bring them to an end.
>A dark fantasy birthed by capitalism, Million Dollar Bill!!

Attached: million-dollar-bill.jpg (300x452, 96K)

Sora and Shiro are in it for like 5 minutes, the two main leads look just like them because they are supposed to be their previous lives.

>implying Tomo went to shit due to poor planning and not due to the author stretching a story that should have ended in half the number of current chapters for no reason

that's what i meant

>read reviews on sex worker isekai
>women complaining about misogyny
is this another female rape fantasy like handmaid's tale?

40k is owned by games workshop, a publicly traded British company. There are two issues: >they're British, they won't really get into the animation thing out of some sense of pride
>they're publicly traded in a western market, beholden to potentially activist shareholders
Can you imagine their stock price after introducing the dimension made of rape?

Attached: yes.gif (498x280, 1.99M)

Nah, Haru is basically everything those women despise in one character which is why she triggers them so much.

i will be impressed when it gets a manga adaptation

>they're British, they won't really get into the animation thing out of some sense of pride
>implying they will neglect youtube.com/watch?v=JjaYW5Cnr5k and youtube.com/watch?v=CMGRa4_UjE4 go to waste

It's the same thing. The stretch was incredibly poor planning

This is one of the gripes i have with RSSG. It's one of my favorite chinese vrmmo novels but god fucking damn does everyone look down on MC and his guild even though they kicked everyone's asses to hell and back.

Oh boy, I can't wait for the shitposting.

Attached: AgitatedJubilantConure-small.gif (435x250, 1001K)

>rape dimension
did that one pop out recently?

I was thinking full transman
like with hormones and shit, not reverse trap

>shaming a woman at her own wedding by running off with another woman
Wow, I've read a lot of (sometimes literal) shit over the years but I've never seen a character pull something like this off and not be the bad guy.

Write about one of the ORIGINAL isekais

Attached: SoirthL.jpg (650x6049, 845K)

Emperor Domination has the worst of it. MC is the most OP of OP slaughters people effortlessly, destroys gods without much of a sweat, makes pills like one makes popcorn and yet when the local superpower meets him they're like "he's just a kid I can totally take him" despite shell-stocking the region right next door so hard they just stop being murderhobos instantly.

where did this one happen in?

what series?

Library of Heaven's Path.

I think he's just talking about Slennesh's world

Tell an actual adventure story. None of this reincarnated by god bullshit where the heroes just bum around content to live in a cheap Dragon Quest knock off world. The heroes need to go on an adventure, with a real goal, where they learn and grow along the way.

Attached: Magic Knight Rayearth Ep01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_06.52_[2019.01.03_02.58.48].jpg (960x720, 120K)

Whoever made this has ALL the mental issues.

i mean he could've been talking about the warp cause that's in some form literal mindrape. But what you say has makes more sense.

This sure went places.

search for nectar

Nothing wrong with isekai.

Attached: 1560545292235.jpg (2400x2400, 1.64M)

Replace the MC by some good old SPACE MARINES of the Deathwatch because of tzeentch fuckerys, watch the world get some xenopurging

Attached: deathwatch_space_marine_by_ameeeeba-d7sr9t5.jpg (894x894, 234K)

>Japanese MC
Obviously the fragment Emperor, so everything else is plausible.

aint no dawi son,

>lvl 1 spess mahreen vs lvl ??? demon lord
at least they got higher base stats.

If some bastard with a sword can do it with the power of harem and friendship I'm pretty sure a spess mahreen will do the job

>Effeminate looking Li Langfang is fated to become the plaything of a "King"
Wow this totally doesn't have "He'll be pushed down by Ling Lan" written all over it.

Attached: Lady Une is Fucking Crazy.webm (528x360, 1.63M)

Remove all damegamis, that fixes the problem.
Also this

>Taking Emperor's Dominion seriously at all
Li Qiye has lived for 9 M I L L I O N years. His arrogance is the only reason to read it, that and him constantly telling heaven defying beauties they aren't even worthy of being one of his attendants.

Once the spess mahreen gets enough levels, i bet their stat gains are fucking awesome.

Isekai is ok, you love it or hate it, no need to fix.

Attached: issekai.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

Attached: Isekai Protagonist.png (2000x1600, 2.65M)

too bad this was axed, i was enjoying it

Attached: maou sounanchu.png (886x1027, 1.17M)

Since there aren't any threads up, where can I find the Re: Zero LN for arcs 1-3? I would download the anime but id rather save space, and I'm running out of time to get on my flight

Rate my idea for an isekai

>trap gets isekai'd into a fantasy world
>except he's too weak to become an adventurer
>he can't make any money
>ends up homeless and starving
>starts sucking dick for a loaf of bread
>turns out his broken power is his ability to please men
>turns to a life of prostitution
>realizes he only has a limited time until his youthful trap good looks eventually goes away as he gets older
>makes up his mind to whore and manipulate his way to the top to become a wealthy aristocrat before he turns 21

It's basically Youjo Senki but with prostitution instead of war.

Sorry, I mean all the arcs but 1-3

Sounds great, fund it, few little things:

>his power also inflicts great pleasure on himself
>he has an RPG stat screen but instead of showing his stats, it shows the amount of pleasure various men have given him
>if anyone reaches level 100, he becomes their sworn husband and servant for the rest of his life
>he has a harem of hunky boys all trying to win his heart

Bring back Ixion Saga

All you have to do is write a decent story.

Simple, remove rpg bullshit and delete the harems.

konosuba did it already

stop people with shit taste like (You) from watching it

>delete the harems
Get the fuck out of here, you cock sucking faggot.

>change something that's making millions
but why

>immediately goes to the slave market to buy a loli beastgirl anyways

Attached: N5.jpg (985x1400, 821K)

This basically fixes most of the problems. That or MC completely fixates one girl and actively and openly friendzones the rest permanently.

Classic isekai haha

If everyone's OP no one is.

WHEN THE HERO FOUND OUT THIS WAS A WORLD WHERE YOU COULD OWN SLAVES HE WENT TO A SLAVE SHOP TO BUY A SLAVE BUT THEN HE SHOWED HOW KIND HE WAS BY SAVING A SLAVE BUT THEN HE BOUGHT HER BUT THEN HE SET HER FREE BUT THEN SHE PLEDGED HER UNDYING LOYALTY AND SLAVERY TO HIM ANYWAYS AND THEN HE FORGOT ABOUT THE WHOLE SLAVE THING ENTIRELY TO GO OFF ON WACKY ADVENTURES WHERE HE'D PICK UP MORE CHICKS AND IGNORE HIS SLAVE WAIFU

Protag wakes up and pulls the VR sticker off of his left temple. He's inside a dark room, surrounded by garbage. Turns out he's a fat NEET with severe depression. He realizes that he pulled out his VR plug because his depression had caught up with him inside the VR isekai experience. He tries to go back into VR, but he hesitates. Instead, he drops the plug and steps outside his apartment for the first time in many months.

It had just stopped raining. He steps down to the first floor. He then walks out of the compound. He leaves the compound. He keeps walking, getting further and further from the compound. Then he starts running.

Shouldn't fix something that isn't broken. You'll just end up making it worse.

Would there be interest in some femdom monstergirl isekai?

Attached: 1492197890060.jpg (550x2566, 276K)

IT WAS EARTH ALL ALONG!

i hate this meme
>oh, it's actually earth thousands of years in the future, but we regressed back to medieval times and have magic now

Isekai is somehow decent when it doesn't take itself seriously.

Attached: Q3.png (2230x1600, 2.95M)

Could I get away with pretending to be a Chinaman and writing a Chinese isekai if I know nothing about Chinese culture?

Three words:
Isekai in SPAAAAAACE

This but too bad most of them rely on one gimmick too much it's getting old real fast. Finding something good then find out it burns out few chapters later is such a bummer.

Yes, just use enough idioms and kill enough people.

Homebrew Quartet when?

Obviously.

Already done, but translation never

Attached: 8803400.jpg (672x672, 151K)

kek

Attached: isekai.png (403x95, 4K)

That's an ok analogy but now I'm stuck imagining it instead of your idea.

They license their IP like mad. They love it when people pay them to advertise for them.
The real issue is that they're safety net against low quality licensed content making them look bad is to only license small pieces of their IP to anyone coming for a license.

Like the battle academy trend. That one seems to have mostly gone away by now.
But it also didn't give us material that could compete with the likes of Re:Zero, Konosuba, and Grimgar.

>MC unplugs VR headset he had been in for for days
>Goes outside
>Realized the world has gone to hell.

Attached: 28.jpg (474x246, 16K)

I knew Abe lurked here

Attached: Reiwa Era.jpg (1342x998, 244K)

Ban self insert MCs, Ban video game mechanics that aren't cleverly utilized, Ban "simple knowledge/special snowflake ability" makes you a god", ban literal slave waifus. There now it's not as lazy of a genre

Start adapting otome isekai.

>Klein and Audrey finally met each other after more than 800 chapters.
The author is such a troll that he most likely will make Klein just hide from her that he's Mr. World and nothing will happen.

>ban slavery
imagine how entitled you have to be to say that when modern day humans have machines do all the heavy lifting, transportation, and mass production.

"ban literal slave waifus" not "ban slavery" you illiterate retard. Slavery is fine if it makes sense in the setting, but the main character buying his love interest will always be retarded and lazy writing.

If she doesn't figure it out from his reaction to her dog then I'll eat a hat.

You’re just jealous because you can’t buy love

that's the point, no one can.

Game no Naka ni Iru!

I don't think it will happen, since it's just a somewhat popular oneshot. But it's isekai, so who knows?

Series where MC is just a sociopath who sees people from another world as something that's not even real so he can do whatever he wants with them.
Which includes rape.
Lots of rape.

Just refer to the checklist
>1) Arrogant Young Masters
>2) Jade Beauties
and you're golden

Without the rape, Adventure 02.

Isekai a hillbilly from the deep South instead of yet another "handsome, but kind of an awkward loner" Japanese teenager.

okay

Attached: delete-button.jpg (500x406, 18K)

They will and they have. GW is infamously retarded.

Wish there was an isekai about couplets that updated weekly.

You now remember the Ultramarines movie.

main character joins the alternate universes villains and slowly transforms from a regular otaku to a mindbroken, evil edgelord.
at the end of the show he gets teleported back into the normal world and his friends and family witness what he's become

>his friends and family witness what he's become
if he were a loser before? not so anymore.
otherwise yeah that would be horrible.

did anyone screencap dreaming skills user? that was an amazing post

That was probably the most autistic post I've seen on this board. Pastel user was funny, but dreaming skills user was just weird and sad.

>Generic wagecuck gets Isekai'd
>Wants to become an adventurer
>Finds out he still has exactly the same physique and capabilities that he had in the real world
>Doesn't even make it to his first quest marker before he passes out from exhaustion
>Gives up and decides to work in a general store instead that buys and sells all kinds of goods to adventurers.

More focus on butts.

Alright what if instead of an Isekai series
We just write it as fantasy.
And instead of videogame menus
We dont

Attached: 1533089188704.png (680x1000, 1.48M)

this sounds and looks cool, should I try it?

it doesnt fulfill the self-insert fantasy

>single waifu/no waifus
>non generic fantasy setting (cyberpunk, futuristic, etc)
>older heroines
>no demon king & hero
>no rpg elements
>non beta mc
>focus on story not romance

Okay I'm fully confident this one has been done before, like, a dozen times.

We get a character like Goku and put him in an isekai.

I mean you can do a self insert fantasy from a normal fantasy series.
The only reason isekai and "the worlds like a videogame" are because the authors are lazy as shit or too incompetent to actually reveal how the world works to the reader in a natural way.

They can just do the whole fish out of water trope dialed up to 11 and have characters explain things to MC and the reader like they are children.

>And instead of videogame menus
>We dont
That takes too much skill. It's easier to just use game mechanics and then say that the MC is lvl. 999 while everyone else is still lvl. 50.

>Hey man I’m sorry if the local lord offended. I bet your curious about him huh? I can tell you if you want
>No and I actually don’t care
>Tells him anyway
>Sounds like some standard isekai subplot
>Ok but I still don’t care
Why is Lecan so base? And why don’t we get more isekais like this? Can anyone recommend other stories like this?

Isekai authors are basically just an idea guy writing a shitty draft of their video game in a novel form and I fucking hate their tutorial fragment.

the medieval fantasy setting is really easy to do because all the tropes have been established by DnD and LoTR. i don't know where an author would find inspiration for cyberpunk, and if they're doing futurism i hope they don't pull fro the trainwreck that is star wars.

Make it dirty and awful, no cheat powers, maximum 1 cute waifu preferably not even a love interest

Here's one with mods added as well
exhentai.org/g/1379263/3276bdef5d/

>Story keeps going on and on about Li Langfeng's fate to be a King's fuckboi
If he doesn't end up the main love interest I'll have a hearty chuckle.

Army of Darkness is the perfect isekai.

have all the isekai shows stop being self-insert, harem trash. There all mediocre power fantasies. Re:zero was on the right track until 5 minutes in when Emilia appears, although it was still awfully generic.

Plenty of anons have already mentioned getting rid of self insert MCs, Dragon Quest knock off settings, JRPG mechanics, cheat skills, and haremshit, so I’ll suggest something different.

Take a premise where multiple people are summoned, except the MC isn’t some minmaxing JRPG or MMORPG fanatic. Instead, he’s more of a /tg/ type, who’s assuming that the others are a bunch of powergaming That Guys and the world’s deity is like a killer GM. It creates a contrast between the MC and the other summoned warriors, who are more like the typical isekai MC, showing the difference between roleplaying and rollplaying. The MC’s abilities aren’t overpowered, and are closely linked with his personality and life experiences. Instead of blindly following whatever shitty plot line that’s been set up, he goes off the rails and seeks out something more interesting to him. The MC plays the role of a character in the world, and treats native characters as people rather than just NPCs. He either has a distinct personality of his own or creates one as part of his persona, rather than being a self insert.

Another suggestion is to make the transfer between worlds more significant to the plot. This can be anything from being able to go back and forth between the two worlds, to having other objects and people getting sucked in as a side effect of the formal summoning. Too many isekai simply use the “transported to another world” aspect for the sake of having a self insert power fantasy when the plot works just as well with the MC being a native of that world.

Pulling some ideas from the Star Wars Original Trilogy isn’t too bad if it can fit with the story, but it’s probably better to crib from Lucas’ inspirations, like the Foundation Trilogy and Flash Gordon.

Am I the only one enjoy RPG elements in isekai

If you had been paying attention, the friend or the MC gets genderbent and the teocend up together, or the friend is irrelevant since the MC has bigger, better friends to hang out with (read: girls that love him)

It's not a genre, it's a writing trick. We don't call the MC being an orphan a genre, we don't call a character suffering amnesia a genre and we don't call flash backs a genre.

Kind of off-topic but it's still isekai, that reminds me heavily of a particular Familiar of Zero self-insert fanfic I read once.

MC gets dragged through a portal along with a bunch of the shit he had with him in his room. It's all normal shit but to the denizens of this fantasy world it's all amazingly perfect and luxurious clothing and wondrous magitech items.

They all assumed Louise, the girl who summons the MC, summoned a noble and he goes along with it because if he doesn't he thinks they'll just enslave him.

It's actually better than like 90% of isekai despite it being fanfiction.

Attached: northernstar.jpg (1024x1449, 148K)

isn't summoning essentially slavery/brainwashing? considering what happened with saito and louise. And i'm talking about the contract and not her overall treatment of saito.

Alexa, play Exit Music.

LitRPG one of my favourite genres too, but you have to admit the quality of the works is pretty awful
I've probably literally read a hundred litrpgs at this point and Overgeared, Threadbare, and another EN novel are the only ones I'd call good.

>overgeared
good shit

>those retards seem to be the majority
That is why democracy doesn't work!

I can already imagine
>MC will be the one that eats a lot
>prone to allow villains to power up to full powet to have a good fight
>will be more oblivious to towards his harem than he already is
>WAKU WAKU

Yep. In canon the runes actually suppressed any negative feelings he had toward Louise and prevented him from feeling homesick. This gets undone at one point and their relationship almost entirely breaks apart for a bit.

Attached: [Hello!].png (419x277, 66K)

Almost entirely, how did that go?

A nice plot device to explain why he's wasn't a nostalgiafag.

Yes, I have watched Oda Nobuna too.

More disappointingly than you'd think.

this got another manga, hopefully is lasts longer than 10 chapters this time

Attached: 38337.jpg (1513x2152, 444K)

Audrey has lots of hats for you to eat.

Because all Lecan cares about is going on ADVENTURE with his buddy.

Faggots

Ling Lan will henpeck the shit out of him, think what her mother does to her father but multiplied by a factor of ten.

I can't imagine he'll have any control if she hits God-tier operator. He already overpowered him in every way when he first joined her mecha clan. Even his spectre power can't protect him from his "King" lol.

I can't imagine he'll have any control if she hits God-tier operator. She already overpowered him in every way when he first joined her mecha clan. Even his spectre power can't protect him from his "King" lol.

She'll just freeze him to the bed and jam icicles up his ass.

If she gets the proper training from Number 4 he may even come to enjoy being dominated in the bedroom.

Guy would enjoy it even if he got buttfucked by her right now because he's literally obssessed with her.

No more magic

make uchikoshi write an isekai

So the woman literally can't move without that armor on, she never takes it off.

Attached: 24 YEARS OLD.png (1115x1600, 1.34M)

EL PRESIDENTE in full force today.

Attached: Z24.png (1115x1600, 1.35M)

Make an isekai that caters to my fetishes specifically.

>Gets stabbed

THE ONE TRUE MAGIC:GUN

Attached: Z38.png (1115x1600, 1.76M)

Ban it

>mfw that SSS mission arc
Wew lad.

Attached: 1521648523809.png (287x312, 8K)

You've got to kill ALL of the enemies, boy.

sci fi isekai with cute alien girls

Pop pop pop, watching motherfuckers drop

Attached: g3.png (1350x1920, 1.46M)

It's a shame to see such a competent mage die, but nothing can stop the mightiest magic.

Attached: I cast bullet.webm (480x360, 1.81M)

I'm glad you changed your last name you son of a bitch

you're back, i thought you got isekai'd forever

Attached: 1408072583842.jpg (145x145, 6K)

>went from reading mainstream isekai to R18 otome isekai
This shit made me deranged

Adapt Mushoku Tensei, and Isekai will be saved

Isekai based in the Dark Souls universe.

Whoever brought up the chinkshit manhua where the double reincarnated loli becomes the MC's master so he can use it to unlock all the cool shit, thank you, I usually avoid chinkshit but this one is pretty fun.

Already exists.

*she can use him

i'm enjoying it so far

Attached: souls isekai.png (2230x1600, 1.96M)

Anyone have a screencap or archive link?

The bunny is pretty thirsty.

Poor guy just wants to fuck the loli but the ghost incel keeps cockblocking him.

Attached: you died, lmao.jpg (1115x1600, 470K)

>50k years old virgin autist that can literally only think about cultivation
Imagine being stuck with that motherfucker your whole life.

i'll screencap it right now

it's also been reposted in the write an anime plot thread that's currently up

Attached: png.png (1852x329, 34K)

Thanks user

Get rid of it.

Nuke it

Why don’t more isekai have cute female protags?

Attached: 4AC6E6A4-80AE-4598-886E-5D405E559048.jpg (1070x1310, 572K)

Replacing MC with Literally Me.

Will check out

> Shift focus to world-building and exploration
No more generic fantasy, RPG mechanics, Daemon Lords or adventurer guilds. Try to make the setting the star of the show and have the MC be thrust into it to explore it. Like Made in Abyss for example.
> No harems
A love triangle at most.
> No cheat skiru
Replace "cheat skills" with a mentor figure or something much more down-to-earth than the usual Isekai "useless at first glance but actually really strong" crap.
> Make Isekai relevant to the story
It can be in terms of character development, or make the contrast between the setting and the real world mean something.

Obviously no one will ever do anything like this because Isekai sell a tonne precisely because they are what they are. Pic not related by the way.

Attached: darkness_abs_lewd.jpg (1777x2500, 1.32M)

This. Not a single title I've heard about puts the differences between the worlds into the focal point (except the circlejerk about the MC's country of origin and its customs compared to the new world).
I'd love to read something like pic related in a full-on light novel series.

Attached: wiugeuzwsui.jpg (996x2372, 502K)

New Konosuba season

Done

It would be difficult to put in a story, because it would come out as too infodump-y.
Unless you find a way to make the story relevant, otherwise if you only add the essence of the first three posts it'd be good as an explanation of elves in your world.

uh... yes!
Duh.

That's a really cool idea. But as an Isekai, I think that a story has to not just make the other world fundamentally different, but also use that difference to its advantage. A story like the one in your picture about a traveler offering commentary on the cultural practice of wearing masques is really interesting, but if that's all there is to the story, then why is it an Isekai and not a fantasy?

>drop the demon king vs hero bullshit.
Actually i have a better idea!
>Anime starts like a generic Isekai
>guy gets truck-kun'd into a fantasy world
>the truck was just the gods of the isekai world summoning him
>bla bla "Defeat the demon king" bla bla gains OP abilities bla bla gathers cute girls as his harem, you know the drill
>towards the end of the Series (which is actually only the end of Season 1) they actually get ready to confront the demon king
>during the supposedly final battle, an angel from HIS world appears, chains him up and depowers him, tells the gods of the Isekai world to go fuck themselves and that they need to find a hero in their own world instead of stealing them from others as he drags MC down to hell with him
>Season 2 is about the Haremettes trying to get MC-kun back, maybe with help of the demon king

1. No kids/teenagers in the cast
2. sci-fi setting
3. No NEETs

4. No Otaku of any kind.

Even in generic fantasyland I must GUN

Attached: z16.png (1500x2133, 1.14M)

I cast BIGGER GUN

Attached: z17.png (1500x2133, 1.87M)

This. Mature anime for mature kids like F/Z and Ergo Proxy

>sci-fi
Literally why?

I like this! I don't know what it is but i like it!

Attached: lets keep going.jpg (1058x705, 117K)

>how're you gonna assassinate people?
>with my fuckoff huge and loud cannon of course
I guess if you kill literally everyone so no one knows who did it it counts as stealth.

somebody please post that one Assassin's Creed meme

To be fair, a precise artillery strike from over the horizon is pretty stealthy as far as the target is concerned.

Polar opposite of fantasy copy paste garbage with elves,dragons,demons,magic etc. doesn't mean you cant have them.

Attached: 1493527156362s.jpg (338x295, 27K)

But they do have lasers. Lascannons fuck shit up in the tabletop game.

Mecha or no mecha?

wat

No, the joke would be recommending boku no pico.

Which I have done unironically to a bisexual friend of mine.

Shinju no Nectar
AKA Nectar of Dharani

Underrated comment.

I'll have to take a trip /wsr/, I'm interested.

Attached: Ashen One.jpg (1280x720, 212K)

more manly protags with cool hair

Attached: kamina___tengen_toppa_gurren_lagann___wallpaper_by_exodor56-d9j82pl.png (1024x576, 846K)

The Empres' Livestream.

This is one of the most stupid shit I read in a long time.

It was mainly an idea of something I'd like to see. Logically, any isekai should have much greater differences than currently depicted. Someone who's not interested in heroism but is fascinated by this completely different world would be a great MC for this kind of thing. And it doesn't have to stop at history and customs, think about the difference in economics, warfare, botany, arts, architecture, etc. You have tons of material to work with.
>why is it an Isekai and not a fantasy?
You can raise this argument for 95% of the current isekai as well. It all comes down to execution.

Chivalry of a Failed Knight was good. No Konosuba but was definitely the fix Battle Academy anime needed.

This. If she's a slave, she's not your waifu.

Slave waifus, not slaves in general. And there are ways to make slavery less terrible. Never good, but not as bad.

That's an interesting plot point.

>MC buys slave
>MC lusts after slave
>Slave butters MC up
>Slave takes her freedom and runs.

Unironically?

Make it a battle royale

I'd be interesting to see a bunch of spergs get put into a different world where only 1 sperg comes back alive
Take like 100 characters and each episode kill 1
Give them powers based off of their favorite vidya and the way to level up their skills is killing someone

Attached: 1560225982371.jpg (515x369, 59K)

KEKKA DAKE DA !

You should read it.

Put them all in a school together.

Attached: salute.gif (498x280, 1.36M)

fpbp

Delete it. It's literally 99% bad wish fulfillment self insert shit for teens and manchildren who can't deal with reality. The remaining 1% is Konosuba and even that isn't worth saving

>Delete it. It's literally 99% bad wish fulfillment self insert shit for teens and manchildren who can't deal with reality.
So basically anime?

Is there any isekai novel that doesn't have a self-insert?

yes

What do you mean self-insert? Cool guy = self-insert too.

Isekai is now only porn,
Because the concept of randoes being special in another work is S.M.U.T-tier

put every single isekai into quartet, even the ones from different companies. There, I just made the genre never ending fun for everyone.

I can't think of a single one that doesn't have a character I want to insert myself into, sexually.

What exactly is a self-insert?

A protagonist they don't like.

Let's define it as a blank slate of a character for now.

The meme definition: Every character someone doesn't like or a total loser faggot.
The actual definition: A character intentionallty given as little of a personality as possible to ensure the readers will just project himself into the character.

Instead of a useless waste of flesh getting transported into a world with all kinds of cheats and shit, have an overachiever who's good at everything transported into the distand future where he can't understand shit about the world and slowly withdraws and becomes a shutin enjoying countless VRMMOs and such until after some time he decides to struggle to fit in this new society/world. Have bonus chapters which are related to his past exploits and VRMMOs during his shut-in days.

Very original, I'm sure it's gonna be a smash hit.

I want Aqua to piss into my mouth.

Yotsuba goes to Gondor.

Attached: [Commie] Yotsubato - 01 [480p AAC] [7683CF28].mkv_snapshot_10.32_[2012.07.26_00.39.45].jpg (640x480, 51K)

Anytime anyone wants to subvert genre tropes with some retarded idea, it rarely ever works out. It's easy to say MC never becomes an adventurer and decides to be a merchant instead. Lol so subversive! And then someone writes an isekai about a merchant and they drop it after realizing how stupid and boring the idea was all along. Genres have tropes for a reason, because they work. This idea that you have to subvert existing tropes for a work to be good is pretty dumb.

Delete MUH NORMAL MC.

Attached: isekaivsreality.png (960x4000, 2.5M)

Y-you don't have to be sarcastic user.
Obviously it wouldn't work since only NEETs and other losers watch anime/read manga and LNs.

More like they realize writing a story with a merchant MC takes a lot of research and effort while having fuckboi-kun kill goblins is easy as shit and usually more liked by the readers.

> MC is a native one from the world
>Novel follows him meeting and helping several types of isekai MC's
>Your average Japanese student who got summoned as hero
>A guy who got killed by truck-kun and got reincarnated with cheat powers
>A girl who got reincarnated as an otome villainess
>The loser who gets betrayed by his own class after they got isekai'd for having shitty powers, but who laters becomes OP and wants revenge
It would be like Kino no Tabi but with Narou-kei MC's.

>You have 10 seconds to fix the Isekai genre.
Make isekai real please

Attached: 1507324646044.jpg (1280x720, 154K)

stop copying RPG videogames

What if you make the traveler a multi-dimensional one?

>implying isekai is not real
You just have to be brave enough to make a date with truck-kun.

Read The Wandering Inn.

I was thinking more along the line of making him someone immortal, but I guess this could work too.

Isekai
But it's a party of Milfs and Christmas cakes that end up in another world full of shotas

Is it actually any good?

Death Mage anime adaptation.
there you go, Isekai saved

Attached: 5487645365879877097998.jpg (400x584, 142K)

Don't fall into the trap.

This
Tanya of evil did it right
Send them to a Berserk or Kaiju world or something

Rate this idea for an isekai

>MC gets hit by a truck
>he wakes up in the modern world but there are monster girls everywhere
>there’s also demons attacking the world, but only people with high power levels can see them
>it’s revealed the whole thing is an elaborate hoax/reality show where everyone watches him get tricked by everyone into thinking he got isekai’d
>all the cute monster girls are just in costumes
>literally everyone but him is in on the joke

I don’t understand

Dendro vol 9 is out
mediafire.com/file/u9d6ktrix5y1gof/Infinite Dendrogram - LN 09 Premium.epub
Otomob update

it means don't read inn
it's not worth it, it has whiny femc

Take it back to its Tolkeinian roots, and nix all the dumb MMO shit, and the sadguy/otaku wish fulfillment/harem shit.

You can't fix what is inherently shit.

But literally everything is wish fulfillment. You could write a CGDCT story and it would be wish fulfillment for lonely losers that wish they had a group of loving and supporting friends. The only thing that wouldn’t be wish fulfillment is if the MC did nothing but suffer, and fucking nobody wants to read that.

Make it a yuri. Have the character regularly have sex with side cast. She is trapped in a world where she uses power armor like Kamen Rider.

DELETE ALL ISEKAIS AND IT'S COMPLETELY SOLVED

Isekai into Conan the Barbarian

How about I delete you instead, fuccboi?

Nobody posts the best isekai, GOR

Attached: 1551060585557.png (633x636, 320K)

shit thread, die

NO MEADIEVAL SETTING
NO DEMONS, ELVES, DWARFS OR WHATEVER DND SHIT
NO FUCKING LOSERS

You are courting death!

Too late!

>First Fran and Sword Dad
>Now this

We Chinkshit now

Attached: F17.png (847x1200, 423K)

I specifically mentioned otaku wish fulfillment.
I'm tired of otaku culture being specifically catered to.

It’s called knowing your audience.

I get why studios/authors cater to these "people", but being so beholden to your audience is literally the worst to be, from an artistic standpoint.
Obviously if you view isekai solely as a product, it requires no fixing at all.

Remove the Harem, the game mechanics and the Overpowered abilities.
Have the MC fucking struggling to adapt to another fucking world, no magic language bullshit.

Kill yourself normalfag

>no magic language bullshit
I think NGNL had a good apporach to this.

>Only Little Four was driven up the wall by the sight. What the hell was this?! A hero rescuing a damsel in distress? A damsel rescuing a hero in distress? Or was it a hero saving another hero in distress? Or should it be a damsel rescuing another damsel … aaaaaaah, his core chip was quickly being overloaded by this incomputable question!
Li Lanfeng confirmed for Ling Lan's fuccboi

Keep watching your isekais, d00d.

NGNL is complete dogshit, sorry.

I mean in regards of the language.
Only way you can apply your no magic language idea without being too asspull-y is by making it a tensei.

reminder

But I unironically think Konosuba novels have the best world building I've seen in a long time. Not the anime though because they cut too much detail. The books always go into comfy detail about the food and how they get it and what the characters do around town on slow days. There are also plenty of weird things in the world cause by previous isekied people, like a cat girl sex doll that's now used as a statue in a museum

Attached: frequently bought together.jpg (900x436, 48K)

Almost all isekai have those little things.
But yeah, the novels are good in that aspect.