At what speeds do you guys usually watch your anime? My personal rules

At what speeds do you guys usually watch your anime? My personal rules

-If it's mystery, thriller, drama x1.5 times the speed
-If it's slife of life, find two more shows and put them all at x1.25 speed, 1 screen each
-if it's a mix, watch action and slife on life on the 2 outer screens at x1.25 speed and the mystery, thriller, drama at x1.25 speed on the central screen

Attached: 1556457495516.gif (400x225, 179K)

normal speed,im not retarded

>speedwatching

I only watch the OP and ED of every episode and skip everything in between.

Attached: portrait-of-napoleon-3-700x390.jpg (700x390, 32K)

>normal speed,im not retarded
How did you managed to contradict yourself in a post this short?

>not just reading the wiki
Enjoy your wasted time.

Attached: dbs4220-c417b205-2f7d-4dea-8b62-27251e562054.gif (480x281, 124K)

Always 2x, baby. Japs are autistic and speak slower than normal people. Well, at the least in anime.

high IQ post, three digits and below need not apply

>Not respecting the art as its presented to you and engaging with it that way
Faggot.

Attached: 1534355163658.png (480x372, 113K)

I only watch the previews because that tells you all you need to know

Attached: katanagatari sabi hakuhei fight.webm (896x504, 2.9M)

/thread

Yeah, watched Tatami Galaxy recently and I had to speed it up 2x in order to not fall asleep between the dialogue lines.

>reading
Spotted the fag. Just make shit up thread by thread and if you need more info just consult the panda for lore and then post cropped images just to piss people off.

In still mad about this

This is why you shouldn't give espresso to lolis

I still don't understand why you faggots don't consider this episode be the magnum opus of anime.

I know that this is bait but what retard would watch a show faster than the regular speed?

You'd be surprised. Some people apparently do that to catch up on shows they do not really enjoy so that they can complain about them without coming off as not watching them.
If that's true, it's truly a special case of retardation.

1.0 speed. I also watch the OP and ED every single episode too. Skipping anything is for faggots.

Attached: 1560123947480.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

How do you manage to retain your sanity when 90% of OP/EDs is some gay sounding jpop.

0.1x with pauses for buffering every 10 seconds

I play the episodes at normal speed, but I don't watch it. I just alt tab and come here while it plays in the background. I only understand a few words of Japanese, like ohayo and kimochee, but it's enough to get the gist of it.

It's about time you realized that the speedwatcher thing is real. Basically, people who don't care about anime but pretend to watch it so they can complain or fit in with their internet "friends".

>speedwatching
fucking plebs I swear

Attached: 1558821602872.jpg (527x494, 126K)

No, you're gay

It's an acquired taste I suppose. The songs are always catchy as fuck and by the end of a cour I've more times then not grown to love a particular song. That and the actual animation is almost universally of higher quality than the anime itself. Threads like this one always make me question whether some of you faggots even like anime.

Attached: 1533374114875.png (234x231, 99K)

I only watch anime second-handedly to save time. It goes like this: I pretend I watched a show and recommend it to my friend. If he doesn't like it, it wasn't worthwhile anyway and I saved time. If he likes it, he will talk about it for a couple of days and during that time I get a good idea of what it was all about.

>liking anime
what are you, a weeb?

incredibly based but the napoleon portrait takes this to another level

>the virgin "watch anime"
>the chad "read the plot synopsis on the official wiki"
>the gigachad "have the director read the plot synopsis for you in person"

It's not just anime, but films as well

Well, if you want a serious answer in this bait thread. I do like anime a lot and watched over 300 shows. But I can't stand most OPs and EDs. My favorite music genre is classical and the only opening I remember not skipping was probably Elfen Lied. I guess there is nothing wrong with you liking whatever you want, I just went with the general mood in this thread to come off as an obnoxious elitist.

1.5x usually but I am the phone, like now, so I could probably go faster. Sometimes when I watch it during transit I just click through it.

are you utterly retarded or is this bait?
only case where id watch something on speed is just to be done with an episode, something i did with occultic;nine because it was fucking shit

I've watched more than 2k japanese cartoons and I skip 99% of all OPs and EDs. To be entirely honest, I can't even recall myself ever not skipping an OP or ED after the first time I've seen it. Most are fucking abysmal. Not only the music but also the visuals. They tend to clash with the atmosphere, too, and are rarely tailored to match the episode. IM@S is the only show that I've watched every single ED of because it had a new one with every episode.

Guess I just don't like most Japanese music. There's some OP/ED I fucking love, most I'm just not into at all.

There are very few truly bad shows, even less unwatchable, I usually don't drop shows, only ones that look to be extremely repentitive. Still I never even considered speedwatching.

>literal speedwatching

I've known a couple people that literally speedwatch, and never understood it. Then I tried 1.25x for some series and actually liked it better this way.

Yeah, I get you my fellow african american, 2k is pretty damn impressive. I thought I was a big fan of the medium with my meager few hundred. Now that you mention ED that changes every episode, I remember not skiping ED in Mushishi, it was instrumental, changed every time and fit the mood very well. It was a great way to relax and think back on what I watched after each episode. I hate it when the show ends on a calm note only to immediately blast some loud energetic pop music in my ears, it completely ruins the mood.

You know if you don't like anime you don't NEED to watch it.

Kek do you even know what redline is?

I've been thinking of doing this for KF2 just to get it over with, not so much for anything else though. If it's bad or boring enough I just drop it.

That's the biggest problem most OPs and EDs suffer from anyway. They exist to sell singles, not to match what is being shown. Another reason why I skip them. They make me think worse of the overall experience.

>There are very few truly bad shows, even less unwatchable, I usually don't drop shows
I don't think you're in a position to evaluate anything.

After i read the show's title, i'm done with it.

Attached: 1560297779799.gif (400x400, 3.08M)

I watch 2 screens, one with each eye, and listen to two others, one in each ear, all at 4x speed. That way, I can get sixteen times the content.

A newfag redditor movie produced by BADHOUSE that lacks any artistic merit whatsoever since not even its animation is anything worth mentioning.

Well, I dropped Shield Hero and Slime isekai this season. Got tricked to think they were original and good during the first couple of episodes, should have known better. I would never consider speedwatching though. Why would I waste time with something I don't like? As I said before, most likely only a select few special retards do that.

Your personal rules are crap. Nice bait though.

Y'all ever just up the saturation?

Attached: Saturated.png (1523x900, 1.12M)

that's not enough, modern anime is way too dark

>not watching dub
Found the plebeian.

Found the comcast subscriber.

1x

I just can't enjoy anything otherwise

nice bait tho