SAO

Can I just start with Alicization and get into this series? Also is it good??

Attached: 23DF9019-58E8-442B-BBE8-D53DD60B1F4D-989-0000015BAE7DC975.jpg (183x275, 15K)

>Can I just start with the 3rd season and get into this series?
No, at least start with Progressive ffs.

No.
No.

But Sugu's sugus are nice.

Attached: 1555058605226.jpg (750x1543, 227K)

No.
No.

We can agree on that.
But what about Sugu's sugus?

Attached: bca584ddf40ace26b6716a348b31988e.jpg (1350x1854, 632K)

Yes.
No.

I suggest skipping all the bs episodes.
Congrats OP, you just finished Alicization.

Skip the first series. And the second. And Alicization.

sure you can after the first episode none of the previous seasons really matter.
Yes it's a solid show that wouldn't get half as much hate as it does if the prequels wouldn't exist. Don't watch them!

>Also is it good?
The ones who tell you that it's the worst thing they've ever seen are retarded and the ones who praise it are retarded as well.
It's just another anime and probably better than random seasonal garbage.
Having that said you can watch it but you don't have to. Most of the hate probably comes from bandwagoning teens anyway and I don't even care about SAO.

Just watch GGO instead

No, Alicization is garbage, start with the first season, read progressive and ignore the rest

>Can I just start with Alicization
This pretty much what I did, but I already had an idea of the main plot events that happened in the prior seasons.
>Is it good?
It's notably better than the previous seasons but it still isn't good and has plenty of instances of poor writing. And Kirito is still a shit character. I dropped it like 16 or 17 episodes in because my friend get telling me it was good and nothing had really happened until then to make me drop it.

Alice was cute

You should watch the first season of SAO and after that the abridged series, trust me it's gold.

The production is gold, the story was good in concept but they trow everything to the trash faster than a train falling in to orbit

Attached: 1493392636965.png (280x280, 116K)

The series would've seriously benefited from ending with Kirito stumbling out of his hospital room at the end of S1E14. Would've been at least a 7 or 8/10.

underage detected

>villain forgot why he did what he did in the first place
>fake redemption
>drama suicide squad being obvious
>kirito
>people avoid and outcast good players in the death game
>fishing
>marriage
>child
>the pk guilds are stupid and make no sense
The aincrad arc sucked as well.

have you watched SAO abridged?

The first half of the first season is great. Then it gets pretty dumb. Alicization was better then season 2 imo. You could probably start with Alicization though without watching the rest and still follow it fine though.

Why should I care? Its pacing keeps it from getting stale and some episodes had a decent emotional punch (even if they're often cheapened by things like the christmas message) and those are the two most important things. Other people's standards for good writing are irrelevant.

>Its pacing keeps it from getting stale
>a decent emotional punch
>those are the two most important things
I get it you are retarded. Have a nice day

Are you denying that those are the two most important things? And if so, do you even enjoy anime?

I have, and its "better than canon" fandom rep is undeserved, if only because Progressive actually does it without voices that sound like they're too old to be playing teenagers

Progressive is everything abridged wants to be