youtube.com/watch?v=-m8kR0FQ7Wk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nobody:

Absolutely nobody:

Not a single soul:

OP: LooK aT MY MoEShIT tAstE

nobody:
you: this meme funny :)

You're supposed to be over 18 to post in here.

0/9

4/4

Attached: 3 by 3 19.png (900x900, 341K)

>>>/twitter/

4/4
Great taste, it's rare to see Simoun and Dennou Coil in these threads.

Literally only K-ON is a moe CGDCT in that 3x3, what the fuck.

6.5/9 ~simoun -goblins, fma
5/9 +kon, gems, haibane, aria ~natsume, manaria

Attached: 1537185805502.png (1599x900, 2.4M)

danganronpa is kinda cheating since i like the games way more

Attached: 3x3 anime.png (920x920, 1.36M)

Attached: 3x3.png (900x837, 952K)

1/1
1/1
4/5

Attached: 3x3.jpg (902x898, 412K)

4/7
Go back to whatever hole you came from
4/6
Surprised people know Mou ryou no hako
3/8
0/0
I don't watch many movies
0/kimi

Attached: 1557618787138.jpg (3840x2160, 3.16M)

Is this supposed to be a joke?

There's no FMA in

gb2twitter

What's bottom left, then.

5/5
4/4
3/3

Attached: anime3x3-1.jpg (2160x2160, 2.08M)

>Comic Girls
I like you.

I won’t use the bingo rating system because it’s utterly retarded however.
8/10
7/10
low effort hipster/10
5/10
9/10
Unironically a solid 4
7/10
5/10

Attached: D6FFAF51-4FD9-4193-8C3B-61ADB6AA69C9.png (1080x1080, 1.96M)

Need sauce on bottom left

Attached: webm.webm (512x320, 2.88M)

Attached: hellish-tools.jpg (1920x1920, 249K)

Best nichujou

The hobo youtuber ruined these threads.

I like Aria K-on and natsume
Haibane was good, but didn't do much for me
I dislike Nhk and Hnk. I have issues with the structure and pacing of the former, as well as with how it handles some of it's themes, and I could not get past one episode of the latter since I was downright repulsed by the cgi and the fujoshit.
Some of these look familiar but I can't be assed rn to reverse search so I'll rate just what I recognize.
I love princess tutu (clearly) and Eva. I like mononoke a lot too, although I'm more impressed and captivated by the craft than anything else. Gankutsuou was visually interesting, and I liked it overall, but it0s far from a favorite.
I have not seen shit from this one. Guess I should explore stop-motion as well eventually.
Mob psycho was a fun watch with some resonating themes, and space dandy was truly incredible at times. Yuru yuri was a fun watch overall, but I cordially dislike yuri and it was way too formulaic with not enough emotial payoffs to really rank high with me.
I don't read manga.
I like everything Kon put out. Really fond of Paranoia agent for its themes and the interesting execution, and my favorite of his is Tokyo godfather, which may be the least interesting but it's just too delightful for me not to love. Memories was good too, and you picked a frame from the best short.
I don't recognize a lot here. I only watched half of YYH, and I don't feel strongly about it neither positive or negative. Hnk was great growing up, and I'm still fond of how the over the top violence never pretended to be anything more than juvenile. I will rewatch it again eventually. Yu gi oh I guess is fun in a guilty pleasure way, but I can't imagine anyone having it among his favorites unless he grew up with it.
I'm not familiar with anything from here except for Haruhi, which I like quite a bit

Attached: BeFunky-collage.jpg (3264x3264, 2.41M)

>watching YouTube
>>>/plebbit/

0/0
2/2
1/2

Attached: 3x3.jpg (1200x1200, 337K)

cont.
Really fond of kaiji and sangatsu no lion, and I enjoed mob psycho as well as kill la kill. Tonkatsu dj was fine, but I kinda forgot it as soon as I finished it. I really liked fma as a teen but in retrospect it wasn't that good.
Love azumanga and Ping pong, zetusbou sensei was a lot of fun too. I have issues with nichijou. Amazing animation but the character writing disappointed me and kinda spoiled the experience. I feel like I should recognize top left but right now it doesn't ring a bell.
I like nanoha, but I think I haven't seen the season this is from.

>claims to be fond of paranoia agent
>can’t recognize best girl

Watch something from before the 10s, user.

Nostalgia/9
You must know they are all objectively pretty mediocre, but I respect sincere opinions overall.

Are you 12?

>He bought the Manaria Friends is good meme
meme-tier
You need to vacate the premise effective immediately sir
1/1
Garbage taste with some decent shows happen to be included
+MagRose
~Paranoia agent, Pap
It kind of works
meme-tier
+UK
~Nano desu

Attached: 3x3.png (1836x1042, 3.88M)

guaranteed seething, any board

Attached: smug gif.gif (475x417, 851K)

5/6
Amazing taste, it's nice to see someone else who likes Yuri Kuma. Need sauce on bottom middle and top right.
Doremi and Sakura are 10/10 classics even if you feel no nostalgia for them you fag.

2/2 NGE and YuYuYu are great
3/3 GabDrop, YuruYuri, and Mob Psycho are all good shows; I think GabDrop is the weakest of those 3.
1/1 Melancholy of Haruhi was okay, but Disappearance was well worth going through the series for.
5/5 I liked Fate, but haven't seen Heaven's Feel yet. Shirobako, Kimi no na Wa, Youjo Senki, and Re:Zero are all series that I really enjoyed. I even saw Tanya's movie in theaters.

Attached: 3x3.jpg (3264x3264, 2.86M)

Well, you got me there bud. At least I was correct in saying it looked familiar.
B-but I got a 2015 show in there..
Non non biyori was cute and comfy enough to be inoffensive, and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed love live, but Tanya was fucking garbage. Shame on you.
Azumanga and Kaleido star are personal favorites, and kyousougiga was good too, although kinda messy. Joshiraku was fun at times but pointless.
Thanks fren, glad to see a fellow doremifag. Bottom middle is kare kano and top right is kaleido star.
I already expressed my fondness for Eva and Haruhi and my dislike for nhk. Girls last tour had incredible atmosphere, and steins gate is good too even though it gets undeserved flack around here.

>Nostalgia
When will this meme die? People are capable of enjoying older things without feeling nostalgic for them. If I watched a show from the 70s a week ago and liked it that has nothing to do with nostalgia.

2/5
1/3 can't get into Gankutsuou because of those render characters with textures as background.
4/5 till this day I do not know what Danganronpa is about
What's bottom right and the middle?
Still got to watch paranoia agent and Tokyo Godfathers. I feel like I've seen the left one in the middle row but I can't remember it. 2/2
big yikes
4/5 nice

Attached: 3x3.png (1300x1300, 2.71M)

There’s a difference retard, one can be a millennial who likes for nostalgic reasons a show like Ranma which is objectively trash, and one can be a zoomer appreciative of a masterpiece like Utena for its objectively qualities, there are also hipsters but that people is garbage and shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Why are you assuming he watched Ranma as a kid. If anyone's a retard it's you.

May I see your grid? Just curious

6/7 I L O V E D Girl's Last Tour, some people recd me top left because of it but the characters look atrocious imo. Is it worth it tho? How does it compare to Girl's Last Tour?

It’s easy to assume for what he posted but I’ll let *him confirm it.

If your argument operates solely on assumptions then it's a poor one no matter what. Give up before you dig yourself even deeper.

>masterpiece like Utena
pff

>don't recognize show from their grid
>never find out what show it is

bottom right is Opus and bottom middle is an unreleased work of satoshi kon, dreaming machine

Watch Sora no Woto. I specifically watched it because I needed to fill the void left by Girl's Last Tour and it ended up being one of my favorites. It has a similar atmosphere to it and if you need to scratch that GLT itch then this show will certainly do it.

Attached: 1560669822992.jpg (1900x1800, 2.19M)

just reverse image search them dude. most grids here use character frames and those are usually fairly easy to trace. there may be a prick every now and then that uses obscure and cryptic frames from well known shows, but it's not that frequent.
otherwise you can just ask. these threads are already poorly disguised rec threads, so people should not be too prickly about spoonfeeding.

I’m only assuming in this case because I can’t see that user, but the argument is still valid and not based on assumptions.

>Utena
Morinaga Milk told me enough, l'll never watch that piece of shit.

Attached: morinagamilk.jpg (750x1093, 280K)

Do you even read your own posts before you hit send?

Morinaga Milk is a crazy cat lady.

Do you even reading comprehension?
I’m assuming *his age gap as a sideline comment, it has nothing to do with my true argument: real nostalgia comes from age only and liking something older than you is not nostalgia unless you are a retarded hipster, it’s only called having good taste.

Utena is actually a criticism on lesbianism, morinaga is an unironic lesbian so it’s understandable.

Is it? I'm interested. It seemed like quite the contrary to me.

Utena defeats her natural lesbian phase and becomes a proper heterosexual woman by the end of the show, actual lesbians seethed because of this.

1/4
3/6
1/5

Attached: okok.jpg (3264x3264, 2.76M)

didn't she run off into the sunset with the mutt chick after turning into a car? i may be mixing stuff up, it's been a while since i watched it.
i remember it having some message about fighting expectations society has of you and defeating destiny and become a self actualized adult, so i guessed that the mc being a dyke fit right into the theme, especially considering ikuhara's fixation for faggotry.

not overly fond of this, i like two of the shows i guess
i like most of your picks, dennou coil is a good kids show
i enjoyed pretty much the entire colorido library but i agree that shashinkan stands above the rest, wonder is probably a lot better than anything kubo produced but i guess i just like to see more humanoid figures, always felt that there should be more morphing sequences in tv anime and kubo feels like the way orward for that to me, as for stop motion i've only watched michi and i liked it but that kind of animation doesn't interest me as much, the boobs in the robot one are good lol
well you know what you like and thats ok too
for me nothing kon produced comes close to sennen joyuu, the transitions are impeccable and the story carries a lot of weight, don't feel as strongly for the others but they're good mostly
can't really comment on most of this, but only because im not very interested in the shows, i like the shinbou episodes of yyh though he uses some fucked up perspectives and it's cool
are you a sentai liker? maybe watch some robot shows or precure if you're feeling girly
nothing for me here really, i love and hate 3gatsu and klk in equal parts but they both have faults that are difficult to overlook
nothing really speaks to me a great deal here, lots of shows i at least like though
ive seen this like 10x and only just realised top right is kaleido star, i'm also a satou jun liker but you picked a few i don't care about overly, based yurikuma liker
did you remove a saber i feel like there used to be more, i dont really like anything here
why even post this, your real grid is fine at least
too much of the worst kind of otaku bait
i ran out of wordcount but i dont have much to say anyway

Attached: SW50ZWxsaWdlbmNl.png (770x770, 977K)

In the end she sees Anty only as a dear friend, part of her becoming an adult is getting over her homosexual curiosity, this was still Ikuhara’s closeted phase, in Yurikuma it’s the exact opposite, the show is about embracing your homosexual desires and the struggle for doing so, he was out of the closet at that point.

2/4

3/4

Yeah, no.
0/0

2/4

2/3

1/4

1/3

1/6

Anime: 2/3
Characters: 4/3
>I won’t use the bingo rating system because it’s utterly retarded however.
Not as retarded as your MAL-tier out-of-ten system.

Anime: 6/7
Characters: 7/7

0/3 (0/5 with duplicates)

2/3 (for the "real taste")

4/8

2/4

4/7

0/0

Attached: manga3x3.png (999x999, 981K)

... and anime.

Attached: 3x3.png (999x999, 1.76M)

Clouds is a masterpiece. What are all the others? Literally do not know any of them except the middle one in the bottom row.

>no shingeki no kyojin
found the moefagd with shit taste

I didn't put SnK in my 3x3 because it's not worthy. Season 1 was a 6/10, season 2 was a 7/10, season 3 part 1 was a 5/10 and I haven't watched season 3 part 2 yet.

>for stop motion i've only watched michi and i liked it but that kind of animation doesn't interest me as much
To be fair, Japanese stop motion is pretty fucking shit compared to its western equivalent. Be it puppets or cut-outs, they never managed to mould anyone who was truly competent in the field. So I am not surprised for you to lack in interest in it. Aesthetics and directing are the only things that carry those productions anyway.
>the boobs in the robot one are good
Okiura's girls are always best girls.

Attached: 1559607399702.png (1280x720, 2.75M)

Manga: 1/8
Anime: 2/7

There’s literally nothing wrong with rating out of 10 if you know all the anime you are rating or most of it btw.

>There’s literally nothing wrong with rating out of 10 if you know all the anime you are rating or most of it btw.
The problem with rating out of 10 is that you are not telling us anything. You could literally know 1 single anime on the damn thing and just be rating that. Or you could know all of them, in which case no one would even remotely be able to tell what your score consists of. And why 10? That's highly arbitrary. Why not 12? Or 138?
You opt for a less transparent system just because you don't like how it is done here. And that's stupid.

In my case I only rate out of 10 (10 because it’s a universal standard, don’t be an autist about it) when I know 6 or more of the shows or manga in the grid, otherwise I refrain to rate at all or just use the bingo system.

>10 because it’s a universal standard, don’t be an autist about it
Nothing about 10 is universal. There are countless rating systems with 5, 50 and 100 scorepoints.
Not that that's what matters here:
The system you call "bingo" (no idea why) has the clear advantage of telling everyone:

A) How many things you know
B) How many things (exactly) you like
C) What your opinion of the grid as a whole is.

With the out-of-ten system, you're merely getting option C.
I mean, I can't force you to rate properly, but that you treat it as a superior system when it's neither an easier to use nor as informative is strange.

in rome do as the romans do now shut the fuck up

A better name would be tic tac toe or maybe checkers, you should be able to get the idea.

Can you give me the titles from your mosaic? I only recognize Gankutsuou, Mononoke and NGE.

Judge me as a human bean

Attached: 3x3 (1).jpg (3264x3264, 2.11M)

>enforcing standards for thinly veiled rec threads
Be grateful these circlejerks haven’t been yet categorized into template threads

Can anyone rec me an anime similar to Kuchuu Buranko (mupltiple plot threads that are tied together, scenes seen from different character perspectives; you have to gradually uncover the plot)? The only one that falls to my mind is Baccano, and I've already seen it.

Bottom left is Nanoha, bottom middle is Dennou Coil, middle right is Yuuki Yuuna, top left is Simoun, top middle is Princess Tutu. I don't know what the only show left is, I'm not the guy you're quoting.

Durarara but only fujoshit like it.

>Durarara
I've managed to trudge through season 1. It's almost completely shit, save for the two OVAs. It's embarrassing how many people compare its story to Baccano's.

Absolutely Faggotlicious
0/10

Maybe I'm going crazy but the influx of shonen watchers has really changed this board in both taste and culture. I'm seeing shit here I never thought I would see in a 3x3 thread. The anime demographic is really changing.

Lots of 3x3s here only have shows that aired in the 10s. It's depressing.

>thinly veiled rec threads
If they were, no one would care about what ratings you use.
Either play by the rules or fuck off. Suggesting that these threads are what they aren't just to bring them in disrepute is troll behaviour.

Such as? Implying Blend S or Fate Acro are any less respectable than Haruhi or FMP.

>the rules
Control your autism bro

Attached: 1327624169929.gif (445x247, 2.85M)

These are all meme tier traps, and the inclusion of kirito to fill 9 cells is just embarrassing.
Try harder next time. Try to watch something out of this decade for start.

It's simple: If you don't like these threads and how they work, you're free to go. Just ignore them and hang out in threads you like.

This isn’t a general dude, there are no rating rules for rec/rate threads.

No, it's not a general. And it isn't a rec thread either. It is a kind of game though, and that's why people don't like when you don't play by the same guidelines as everybody else. Especially when you literally say: "The way you all are doing it is shit."

3/3 +Sailor Moon, HxH, OPM
Is that HxH 99?

4/6 +Akira, Ping Pong, HxH, Bebop -KLK, Gurren Lagann

Youre beautiful please let me fuck you

Attached: mosaic2d6ab3160dd5e53d1702bc5f070f8c097d8dd32b.jpg (908x908, 408K)

>Is that HxH 99?
Yep.

Just curious, why do you prefer it over 2011?

That's a factor, but my surprise is more directed towards seeing more "popular" shows instead of the usual 3x3 picks; in this thread for example there isn't a TTG or LotGH or Konaka pick, but I saw TTGL, KLK, SnK, and other shows more popular among '10s anime fans. The latter works weren't entirely well-received after their run either, which is why I'm surprised to see them here in a 3x3 thread where conformity to Yea Forums consensus is higher than normal. I'm not criticizing taste here (of the shows I just listed I only like LotGH and Konaka), just speculating some effects the increase of Naruto/DBZ/JoJo/BnHA/etc. threads have had on board demographics. Obviously this is one thread with a small sample size though.

I'd encourage everyone in the thread to go watch more pre 90's material though. Tomino, Tezuka, and Takahashi alone have at least 3 GOATs to their name.

I don't know what you mean by respectable here, but I'm just going to reiterate my surprise is less pearl-clutching and more curiosity.

Well, multiple things come together there. I generally prefer the look of cel-animation to digital. In this case, I also liked the less flashy style a bit better. And I prefered the seiyuu in the 99 anime.
But I do have to admit that a large part of it is nostalgia. Fun fact: It was the very first anime I watched BECAUSE I liked the manga, instead of the other way around.
All of that being said, I do not dislike the 2011 version at all.

>Tomino, Tezuka, and Takahashi alone have at least 3 GOATs to their name.
Newfags are so adorable.

Attached: 1555910286420.gif (549x654, 704K)

>Newfags
I suppose so; I've only browsed Yea Forums off and on ~2011 and I don't really consider myself as knowledgeable about anime in comparison to the other mediums I consume. My opinions are from the outside looking in.

>Cutie Honey AND Hoshin Engi
Fucking based. Hoshin Engi is one of my favorites and almost no one talks about it. Probably because of the two mediocre anime.

>Probably because of the two mediocre anime.
Yeah, probably. Yea Forums is mainly an anime board, after all. Most people don't read manga, and if they do, only currently running ones.

There should be a manga board, there are barely no manga threads here usually.

>There should be a manga board
On the one hand, I agree: We should have a place where we can have dedicated discussions on older manga.
On the other, I do like that anime and manga are kept together in one board. And separating them would make some threads and topics quite hard to place. Usually, when you discuss a series or franchise, you tend to discuss all its iterations, manga, anime and others. The debate usually goes seamlessly between those, including even novels or live action films.
As most anime come from (or with) a manga, the separation would be a bit artificial.

Don't know what we can do to make Yea Forums more manga-friendly though. We can't force all the "casual" posters to read, can we?

Even here you can't hide from tomoyo!

Attached: Her.png (1728x1656, 2.66M)

>We can't force all the "casual" posters to read, can we?
Always cracks me up. Maybe 2% of the boards user understand Japanese well enough to watch without subs. Hence they are reading while they watch anime. So you might wanna come up with a better reason why they don't bother with your comics. It certainly isn't what you've chose to believe.

Reading subtitles is not even remotely the same as sitting down and reading a book ("comic" or otherwise).
Also, I fear you underestimate the amount of dubfags on Yea Forums .

there you go bro

Attached: a3x3.jpg (2000x2000, 1009K)

Anime: 1/4
Boys: 5/4

6/6

4/8

K-On is amazing but nothing else stands out. Aria especially I think is overrated. Still really need to see Haibane.
Pretty fun grid. I like Eva, Tutu, Mononoke, and Dennou Coil. Yuuki Yuuna is dogshit though.
Cool taste. Wonder and Michi are masterpieces. I think that's Matsugae o Musubi under Michi which is good but none of Murata's other stuff quite compares to Michi for me. Also I found Restaurant of Many Orders pretty boring.
Somehow haven't seen all of these yet but Perfect Blue and Millennium Actress are great.
Clannad is hot garbage.
Great taste. CCS is a treasure. I can't agree with having gay bears as your favorite Ikuhara but I respect it.
Hello Priparafriend. Love this grid. Rintaro is great. Kenji no Haru is really cool, has some of my favorite CG. What is middle right?

Attached: 3xthree.jpg (904x904, 213K)

Objectively best taste in this thread so far desu senpai.

Close second.

Third place.

Attached: 8243AE79-5AB0-4976-BCFE-ADA165D9159B.jpg (801x601, 252K)

6/6 +Utena, Penguindom, Gun Buster, Dragon Ball, Katanagatari, Ouran
7/7 +FMA, JoJo, Parasyte, Eva, DBZ, Death Note, Akira
4/6 +Jinrui, Madoka, Penguindom, Kyousagiga
- Lain, Shinsekai Yori

Attached: edgy_3x3.jpg (1554x1554, 727K)

+Madoka,Yuki Yūna
-Kill la Kill, Prisma Illya, Symphogea

My best friend called me an edgelord, and desu he's probably right

Attached: 1554221479415.jpg (900x900, 377K)

+SSY, Psycho Pass, Nichijou, bake
-CG, FMA, Mirai Nikki, Death Note

>edgelord
Really? Which ones of those would you consider "edgy"? I find most of them rather ... trite.

My friend is a moefag, so he considers all of those except Nichijou and Monogatari to be "edgy".

I FUCKING HATE REDDITORS, TWITTER NIGGERS, AND SUMMERFAGS.
NEVER COME BACK HERE YOU STUPID FAGGOT.

Attached: 1542435063391.gif (250x300, 85K)

That gif was unnecessary.

0/2. Horrific, consider suicide.
3/3
2/2
3/3
1/4. Steins Gate saves it.
3/3
2/2. Nice memes.
4/5. Excellent taste, although I'm not sure if the Halo image is a joke.
3/3, anyone who likes SSY is automatically based in my book.

1/3

3/4

Anime: 3/6
Girls: 7/12

1/5

JESUS TITTYFUCKING CRACK SMOKING CHRIST ON A MOPED WHY WOULD YOU HAVE THIS SAVED?!

SERIOSULY WHAT KIND OF PERSON SEEKS OUT, DOWNLOADS, SAVES AND REPOSTS AN IMAGE, AN ANIMATED IMAGE, OF A DEER FUCKING A CRYING SCHOOLGIRL?!

LIKE I KNOW THERE ARE BIZZARE FETISHES AND WEIRD SHIT THAT TURNS PEOPLE ON, AND YOU KNOW I'M TOTALLY COOL WITH THAT, I JUST DON'T LOOK AT IT. BUT THIS. FUCKING THIS.

THE FACT THAT SOMEBODY THOUGHT IT WOULD BE HILARIOUS TO SAVE THIS...THING, AND THEN THAT EVERYONE ELSE WANTED TO SEE IT JSUT BOGGLES MY MOTHERFUCKING MIND. WHAT TYPE OF A PERSONA RE YOU? SERIOUSLY. DO YOU KEEP THIS SHIT TO YOURSELF OR DO YOU ACT LIKE A CREEPY FUCK IN PUBLIC TOO?! DO YOU HAVE ANY FRIENDS AT ALL? I SURE AS FUCK HOPE NOT.

JUST WHAT THE FUCK. I KNOW THIS IS HOW THE INTERNET WORKS BUT WHAT THE FUCK

TOO MUCH. WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

(inb4 capslock is cruise control for cool, fuck off pedophiles I can press any damn key I please, go rot in jail)

2/2
1/1
6/6
1/1
2/2
1/2
2/2
7/8
5/6
5/6 nice
1/1
2/2
1/3
3/5

Attached: 3x3anime.jpg (3999x2630, 2.15M)

2/4, overall your taste is awful.

Shit, I meant 2/5.

how is my taste awful?

Moeshit is awful

moe is the greatest, what could possibly be better?

Getting a root canal or having an ice pick through my skull.

>similar to Kuchuu Buranko (mupltiple plot threads that are tied together, scenes seen from different character perspectives; you have to gradually uncover the plot)
Do people really take this approach to that show/value it highly because of that? All that stuff was easter egg tier. Never minding the assertion that it even had a plot that needed to be "uncovered."

Don't feel like posting one of my own, but doing the usual /9 for others is fine too. Not gonna pretend to have seen a show either.
5/7, wasn't overly fond of DBZ & Parasyte
3/3, I'm not very good at recognizing these odd screencaps. Curious as to what middle left is though if you wouldn't mind.
4/6, Kyousougiga gets mentioned a few times in these kind of threads but I really didn't like it much at all, same with Lain. Is top middle Utena?
3/4 Yuuki Yuuna felt too much like a discount Madoka for me.
5/7 Disliked Psycho Pass and I dislike Mirai Nikki the more shows I see. I feel like I should know what the middle show is, but its name is eluding me.
5/6 Yamada-kun felt like a lazy adaptation

3/5
I get the the feeling that you didn't take NHK to heart.

Attached: ccad50cf-d30d-4bd9-9dae-f413006bf7bf.jpg (1280x1280, 497K)

>Curious as to what middle left is though if you wouldn't mind.
It's Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy

what do you mean?

Glad to see you changed the middle frame

>I can't agree with having gay bears as your favorite Ikuhara
I have issues with ikuhara's bloated writing. It often ends up feeling more frustrating than captivating to me.
I think yurikuma does not suffer from that due to the short amount of episodes that help the story feel more grounded and shift the focus more on the romance and the emotional core of the story.
The love story ends up feeling very earnest, so much so that I was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed it, especially considering how I dislike yuri.

It's just a dumb assumption based on the fact that you have NHK ranked on your chart with shows like Love Live and K-on which are kind of the stereotypical Hikikomori/Otaku shows.

So are the MODS!! going to delete this or not?

Bottom right is Mouryou no Hako

cloud from robot carnival pri

I have really normie tastes

forgot pic, sorry

Attached: 30758230795260832059-37.jpg (3988x3988, 2.02M)

shit taste

The good kind of normie tastes. You're alright.

Charming, except for jojo

Love Live is a hikikomori show, K-ON isn't.

don't think I've otherwise seen a single show posted in this thread and I dont care to

Attached: 3X3.jpg (900x900, 374K)

Sakurasou and Kokoro Connect are good, your taste isn't.

As if there ever was any doubt this thread proved for sure that Yea Forums has nothing but underages now.

0/5

2/4

5/6

0/2
>don't think I've otherwise seen a single show posted in this thread
Sorry, but I don't believe you. There are many "shows" in here that practically everyone has seen.

Get with the times grandpa, anime has only been getting better during the last decade.

>anime has only been getting better during the last decade.
Somewhat true: I'd say during the last half of a decade. And you can't dismiss that right before that were the 2000s, during which anime was at an all-time low.
So, yes, anime has been getting better recently, but it hasn't returned to what it once was yet.

2/3
5/8
4/5
0/6

>I'd say during the last half of a decade
I can't think of any show that recent worthy of praise desu

The only good one on there is natsume

Alright, let's get through this.

Based.

Bluepilled

Redpilled

Cringe

Watch more "niche" anime, not what ANN tells you to watch.

Houseki no Kuni

Best shows came between 2005 and 2015, 2000-004 was kinda shit and same for 2016-2019.

>Best shows came between 2005 and 2015
Spottet the shounentard born in the late 90s.

I started watching anime only 5 years ago so... No.
Also shonen are one of my least favorite genre (I still enjoyed some of them) and I've watched more than 100 show that aired before the 00's.

>I've watched more than 100 show that aired before the 00's
Woah, take it easy you bad boy.

t.newfag

>I started watching anime only 5 years ago
Even worse. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about when you think that the worst era in anime by far, which is notorious for low-effort adaptations of popular manga (mostly shounen) and retreading old and uninteresting ideas (as well as introducing digital animation and sucking at it), is better than anything that came before or after. No timeframe in anime has been as unoriginal as the late mid-to-late-2000s, and no timeframe has been as ugly and plain since the late 70s to early 80s.

But, hey, feel free to name some of the anime series of that time that you find outstanding, Mr. "I've watched over 100 anime" (not that many, really, and it really doesn't matter).

read manga

Attached: 5 manga.png (1100x1100, 3.4M)

Yeah it's sure anime nowadays are super original and outstanding, I totally agree with you.

Attached: DylPxDrX0AAqqju.jpg (680x680, 124K)

>read manga
Nice mantra, but I don't think it's going to work, no matter how often you repeat it. No one will start educating himself just because someone told him so on Yea Forums.

>Plastic Little
Be honest, user. Did you like it because of exactly one scene?

More so than in the 2000s. If you want peak originality, go back to the late 60s or early 70s.
The "originality" of the 2000s was high-profile directors taking old ideas and trying to "add their own spin", which usually resultet in a poorer result.

Holy moly if it's not retardation I don't know what it is.

Attached: pb84WU05_400x400.png (400x400, 183K)

Very convincing, bro.

>Did you like it because of exactly one scene?
Okay ... I admit it ...
I liked it mostly for scene related. The Tita/Nikol relationship was just too cute!

Attached: bestscene.png (720x540, 728K)

Seems you're out of arguments!?

Can you tell me what are the amazing shows that came out these two last years ?

Depends on your individual taste, of course. But, off the cuff, a small selection of good anime from 2018:
Lupin III Part 5, Cutie Honey Universe, Gegege no Kitarou. If you want highly creative additions to classic franchises. (You probably haven't seen any of those.)
Zombieland Saga, Sirius the Jaeger, Sora Yori. If you want anime original franchises.
Even things that were shit and unimaginative last year, like Darling in the Franxx, have more of a leg to stand on than the average TV anime of the late 00s (literally Naruto).

I agree for Lupin and SoraYori but the rest completly discredit your initial argument, you literally said 00's shows are reashing anime concept from the 90's and then you say DitF is original when it's basically a EVA/Eureka 7 ripoff, do you even think before writting user ?

Hate it

>the rest completly discredit your initial argument
More like you haven't seen any of the others he mentioned except DitF.

>then you say DitF is original
>shit and unimaginative, like Darling in the Franxx

Work on your reading comprehension, mate.

>have more of a leg to stand on than the average TV anime of the late 00s (literally Naruto).
And you dare to call anyone else a newfag? How was Naruto not highly inventive and imaginitive for its time?

Are you talking about these manga adaptation ?
Yeah sure they're original.

>17 year olds

Yeah my bad for my miscomprehension but my argument it still valid.

Attached: ganbaremootykins.png (456x724, 45K)

>How was Naruto not highly inventive and imaginitive for its time?
Kishimoto ripped off literally every other "shounen manga" that came before it. Remember when he introduced Togashi's nen-test?
And the anime didn't really improve much, even though its fillers were better written than the "main plot".

>my argument it still valid.
Your whole argument was that Franxx was unoriginal, which does not contradict anything I wrote. Do you want to say that just because Franxx exists, the whole year was shit?

>ripped off
No work since the 80s has been original, brainlet. Every single work of fiction has consisted of nothing but recycled materials, concepts and themes. Especially the garbage you've listed here . You praise literal filler trash like Lupin yet consider yourself in a position to badmouth a show for lack of creativity? Are your posts satirical on purpose?

Which work from the 80s was original?

>No work since the 80s has been original, brainlet.
And yet all of them have been more original than Naruto.

>filler trash like Lupin
Sure thing, mate. Continue and discredit your own opinion all you like.

I never said 100% of shows that came out in the past years are shit, I'm just pointing the fact that they are way more anime than before each season and that only few of them are good.

Gakuen alice isn't moeshit you nigger

These are my posts, I'm not the shonentard you're talking with kiddo.

What is it in the middle?

>I'm just pointing the fact that they are way more anime than before each season and that only few of them are good.
There's still more good, original anime, both on average and in absolute numbers, than in the late 2000s. 2018 was a year where everyone could easily find at least a handful of series he considered great. Not everyone might pick the same ones, of course, but that's down to taste.
I can't think of a single year in the 2004-2014 "decade" that comes close in that regard.

>I'm not the shonentard you're talking with kiddo.
Okay? No one implied you were.

>2018 was a year where everyone could easily find at least a handful of series he considered great
Hadn't engaged in this conversation before, because as far as I am concerned your both fucking retarded. However, 2018 didn't even have a single show I'd consider very good, let alone great. None of the movies managed to cut it, either. Based on what parameters did 2018 stand out positively? Happy Sugar Life was the only well executed television feature of the entire year, and it was dragged down by its shit tier animation and art.

>I can't think of a single year in the 2004-2014 "decade" that comes close in that regard.
>Bakemonogatari, Clannad, Hajime no Ippo, Mushishi, Eureka Seven, RahXephon, Code Geass, Monster, Gintama, Gurren Lagann, FMA Brotherhood, Hachimitsu no Clover, Black Lagoon, Samurai Champloo, Kaiba, Baccano, Death Note.
Do I need to continue ?

2 years of lurking before posting

Getting this thread back on track.

Attached: 3x3.png (920x920, 1.41M)

>well executed television feature of the entire year
>was dragged down by its shit tier animation and art
You seem to contradict yourself.
Anyway, sorry to hear that 2018 couldn't meet your "high standards". What kind of things do you like, generally?

>You seem to contradict yourself.
Seriously hope you're not a native English speaker.

>Bakemonogatari, Eureka Seven, RahXephon, Code Geass, Gurren Lagann, FMA Brotherhood, Black Lagoon
Not very original. All of those things had been there before

>Clannad
straight-up Visual Novel adaptation

>Hajime no Ippo, Mushishi, Monster, Gintama, Death Note
straight-up manga adaptations

>Baccano
straight-up LN adaptation

And most of them not very good.
Stuff like Gurren Langan, Full Metal Alchemist and Death Note stand out as especially sub-par anime.

Haven't seen Hachimitsu no Clover.
Samurai Champloo was solid and original enough.
Kaiba was original, but not my taste at all.

If those are the most "original" examples you can come up with for the whole decade, your position is even weaker than I had assumed before.

"Well executed" and "shit tier animation" don't go together, brainlet.

Attached: 5FAAA984-F3A1-485B-B7FB-40072560F06F.jpg (1536x1536, 689K)

>Depends on your individual taste, of course. But, off the cuff, a small selection of good anime from 2018:
Lupin III Part 5, Cutie Honey Universe, Gegege no Kitarou. If you want highly creative additions to classic franchises. (You probably haven't seen any of those.)
Zombieland Saga, Sirius the Jaeger, Sora Yori. If you want anime original franchises.
>Is saying calling me out because I've put adapation in the list.
Do you have an extra chromosome ?

Watch Towa no Quon.

Okay you're definitely the person with the less self respect I met, I'm gonna go before I get that strange brain disease of yours.

Attached: 530882093119438869.gif (80x80, 231K)

You don't have the right to call anyone a brainlet.

Attached: (you) 7.jpg (641x546, 64K)

Is it similar to bsd, kekkai sensen, k were you have supernatural people in modern day fucking around or is it more like darker than black were they are trying to achieve something

>the absolute state of Yea Forums rec threads

>calling me out because I've put adapation in the list.
Yes, and the only things that you could call an adaptation on mine are Cutie Honey and Kitarou.
However, Cutie Honey Universe was highly original in that it added important subplots and themes and diverged in a few important details - all the while staying very true to the manga in spirit.
And Kitarou is, like every Kitarou adaptation, a completely different thing to what's been there before, safe for some of the main characters.

The problem with the adaptations you listed is that, as far as I can verify that, they weren't very imaginative in the way they adapted, and instead just stayed very close to their source material. I might be wrong on some of them, but for the majority, they weren't exactly milestones of creativity.
And for half of them, you can easily argue that their source material wasn't that original either.

>the person with the less self respect I met
Learn to English, please. I have no idea what you're talking about, kid.

SoraYori and Lupin are adaptation too, sorry kiddo.

Attached: NbsXNfA.png (954x537, 633K)

Sorry, I have as much knowledge of English as you have of anime.

>SoraYori and Lupin are adaptation too
Are you stupid?
Sora Yori is an anime original. It was then adapted as a manga later on. The anime came before.
Lupin Part 5 is a sequel. That's why it's called "Part 5". I don't think ANYTHING from that anime was in the Lupin manga.

It's serious in tone but not very serious because the characters and themes are pretty shallow. Closer to DtB or KnK. The first three parts are episodic introductions to the world and characters then the second half is all plot.

>imagine spending hours arguing about glorified ads AKA anime with anonymous people

Attached: 8c0.gif (500x280, 524K)

2/3

5/6

3/3

4/5

Attached: 3X3 2019.png (900x898, 1.36M)

That's what the whole board's about. Why are you here?

Okay my bad, but beside these two can you tell me what great "original" anime came out because Zombie Land was good but not outstanding by any means (also already forgotten by most people) and Franxx was trash so your argument is pretty weak for now.

1/2

2/4

0/1

4/7

>beside these two can you tell me what great "original" anime came out
Like I said in the very beginning, that depends on your taste. I listed things I personally liked best.
There are other original anime that other people enjoyed more than me. VEG, for example. Or Gridman, which was at least somewhat original. To some, Spyce might qualify. Uma Musume was a pretty original idea as well.
None of those are examples I, personally, would give, though.

>Zombie Land was good but not outstanding by any means (also already forgotten by most people)
It still has regular threads and its merchandise and events sell like crazy in Japan. Not that popularity matters when we talk about creativity.

>Not that popularity matters when we talk about creativity
Then why being it up as a rebuttal?

>Then why being it up as a rebuttal?
I didn't bring it up. I argued against the "already forgotten" part, which is decidedly untrue. And, as I said, even if it was forgotten, that wouldn't matter here.

All the anime you're citing are good anime but I really doubt they will be remember in 3 years and that's my problem with the current state of anime, nothing outstanding and "classic" material are being created nowadays, the 00's has a lot of shows people still talk and praise I also include the early 10's who introduced a lot of memorable shows.
You can dislike shows from 00's but that doesn't change the fact that a lot of classic came from this period (along with the 90's), best anime nowadays are reboot or sequel and people don't even try to make original shows and prefer adapting shitty ligh novel that use the same assets over and over.

People still talk about things from the 2000s because they grew up with them. Same for the 90s, 80s and 70s - at least initially: Because later on, people watched them as "classics" when they entered their retro phase. (That's how I got accustomed to things from the 70s and early 80s.)
You may think that current anime are forgettable, but there will be teens out there to whom they are their first, and they will remember them and talk about them in ten years' time, no matter how good or bad they are.

We can't know yet how well things like Zombieland Saga will be remembered, or whether they maybe will become long-running franchises (sesaon 2 for ZLS is only a matter of time).
And we do know that things like Cutie Honey and Lupin already are huge franchises and that their installments definitely will be remembered by their fans.

Cutie Honey and Lupin are watched by very few, if there's shows that teens of this generation will remember it will be things like Re:Zero because to be a classic you need to be popular to begin with (I don't say popularity is a factor of quality btw).

>Cutie Honey and Lupin are watched by very few
In the west, maybe. They are among the best-known franchises in Japan and are successful enough to warrant new adaptations every few years. Lupin in particular has tons of anime installments, and Cutie Honey might be Nagai's most adapted manga across all media (5 anime, 2 live action films, one live action series, countless shorter manga, some games, books and audioplays).
Both have a very dedicated fanbase, even in the West where it's considerably smaller than in Japan. New anime are immediately embraced by a large portion of those and will stay just as relevant as the franchise itself.

>teens of this generation will remember it will be things like Re:Zero
Possible. Franxx will most definitely be remembered, no matter how bad it was. That's just how things go.

3/3
2.5/3
3/5
4.5/6
1/2
4/7
4/6
2.5/3
4/7
2/4
4/7
4.5/7
3.5/4
2.5/5
4/4
4/6
5.5/6
4/5
2/3

Attached: entry-level.png (1440x1080, 3.08M)

Franxx won't be remembered, Zero Two will, a lot of people know her but don't even know the name of the show she came from, also who cares about what's popular in Japan you don't live there as I know right ?
Because for exemple Gridman is extremely popular in Japan but not really in the West.
Also shows that are original aren't always the best I prefer having a shows that did things already made but done well than a shitty original show.

>Franxx won't be remembered
Franxx was a bit hit on teen-friendly platforms like ANN and Reddit, even heavily pushed by reviewers (and youtubers, I think) in the beginning.
I fully expect it to come up in anime discussions ten years from now.

>who cares about what's popular in Japan
>Gridman is extremely popular in Japan
Indeed, and Gridman is another thing that might become a big anime-franchise in the future.
What's popular in Japan matters because that's what will decide whether an anime will get more installments later and have a lasting effect on the industry. In that aspect, popularity in the west is relatively unimportant (unless huge portions of western fans begin importing home releases for those anime).

>shows that are original aren't always the best
That's true. But a complete lack of originality over a long time isn't too great either.

>Lupin, Cutie, Kitarou
rich of you to say they didn't make anything original in the 2000s when the industry is so risk-averse these days they're still making literal sequels to boomer properties
>Sirius the Jaegar
poorly executed trash
>Sora Yori
decent
>ZLS
gimmicky idolshit like all of cygame's originals that didn't end up capitalizing on what its "original" premise was. also funded by media mix project bullshit so the anime isn't even a risk

of the 00s shows you dismissed
>code geass: not original because it had been done before
>eureka seven: not original because it had been done before
yet the first almost got canned after being moved to that new timeslot, and both are 50 episode originals. regardless of what you think the quality of those two are, the industry is so much more risk averse now you'd be laughed out of the meeting for suggesting a 50 episode original with zero previous IP. that's a much better environment to be in than the current day.

Unbased but quite redpilled

>literal sequels to boomer properties
Grow up. Maybe then you'll see why they give these classics new installments. Which, by the way, are among the most unconventional anime you can imagine.

>Sirius the Jaegar
>poorly executed
Bullshit. Writing, animation and editing were clearly above average. Other than for a few butthurt shounenfags and fujos that started to nitpick freezframes in the latter episodes, and shitpost the thread to death, it was one of the better anime of the year.

>ZLS
>gimmicky idolshit
I'm not surprised that you didn't get the irony of the "idolshit". You probably didn't even watch episode 8 or 9, did you? It was as far from "idolshit" as an anime can be.

>almost got canned after being moved to that new timeslot, and both are 50 episode originals
So we're calling things "original" now because they very unsuccessful and long? Really?
If you want to argue taking risks, fine. But that has nothing to do with how imaginative they were or how daring the actual writing was.

>entry-level.png
You hurt me, user. I didn't like Only Yesterday, but all the praise it gets is making me think I should try watching it again.

>I didn't like Only Yesterday
What's the matter with you?

Oh, come on. No need to be a faggot about it.

I'm just kidding. What didn't you like about it?

no
4/4
I plan on reading all of the manga u listed so I assume you have good taste
4/4
2/2
3/3
end your life
katanagatari / 1
6/7
4/5
2/2
Based
2/2
nogamenolife/1
2/2

i don't know what you mean by that. and no need to force yourself if you didn't like it.

These are some of the lowest quality threads on Yea Forums. Nothing but a hipster contest with massive walls of text that are an eyesore.

>These are some of the lowest quality threads on Yea Forums
Agreed

>Nothing but a hipster contest with massive walls of text that are an eyesore
I don't believe you've read a single post in one of these threads in the past five years. Certainly none in this thread.

>how much arthouse bullshit can I cram into one picture the thread
Just about every other one of these has a short from Neo Tokyo. Yet again, hipsters trying to be hip and ending up doing the same thing everyone else is doing.

>grow up
>when lupin is literally a drawn out homage to 80s action movies in america but because it's anime it's suddenly really good
>unconventional
Yeah, because most anime aren't like Lupin and City Hunter that people who just watch anime unironically latch onto as masterpieces instead of seeing them as shoddy ripoffs of 80s movies

>one of the better anime of the year for being just ok
>worthy of praise compared to an actually good original like pandora or the fafner sequel in the same year
don't even bother replying with your shit taste

>it's ironic so it's so subversive and good!!!
kill yourself faggot.

>we're calling long, original productions that still have a good following a decade later and have bloomed into a multimedia franchise with many financially successful sequels but were risky to make at the time as successful
yes. i hate most of the sequels that came out of both franchises, but both will be far more "successful" than the actual shitty originals you listed like sirius and zls.

I am not the same user but I didn't like that much the flashback part of the story though I admit that is just a matter of preference. I'm not into cute shit.
Also I don't think that the two parts meshed too well. I know that people will argue that this was deliberate choice to make her childhood look more idealized and her adulthood more realistic but I just don't think it was done so well. In addition parts of it were more cheesy and melodramatic than they should have been and contrasted with other more mature parts. The ending was overall forced and generic.

meant for

>lupin is literally a drawn out homage to 80s action movies
It began publication in 1967 you utter retard.

>lupin is literally a drawn out homage to 80s action movies
Based Monkey Punch writing a "homage to 80s action movies" in 1967!

>an actually good original like pandora or the fafner sequel
Wait, which one of us has "shit taste" now?

>it's ironic so it's so subversive and good!!!
As I said, you didn't get it.

>both will be far more "successful"
No one ever argued that success equals quality. Except you right now, I guess ...

>These are some of the lowest quality threads on Yea Forums.
>massive walls of text
So which is it? Because threads build on one-liners certainly lack any inherent quality whatsoever.

>monkey punch
so now lupin's just a manga adaptation? i thought it was some amazing original based on your previous posts shilling it to high heaven and talking about how it stopped straight adapting the manga. get your story straight retard. also, we're talking about your precious part 5 which was made well after the 80s.
>no, actually you have shit taste!!!
>no, you just didn't get it!!!
literally no argument apart from name calling yet calls other people children

4/4
3/4
2/5
4/7
3/4
saber/saber (4/6)
6/6
8/9 (-) KLK
4/5
6/8
8/8
3/3
5/6

Attached: bulk3x3ver1.1.png (922x920, 1.65M)

Attached: 43c.jpg (480x272, 20K)

>i thought it was some amazing original based on your previous posts
Ah, so you admit that you didn't even know what you were talking about when you started shitting on it, good to know.

>we're talking about your precious part 5 which was made well after the 80s.
And guess what it was actually an homage to? Hint: Something that was made well before the 80s. But I guess you're the expert, Mr. "I don't know shit but spew the very same anyway".

>literally no argument
Yes, just like you. Guess me mirroring you helped you understand something about yourself. Congrats.

2/5

2/6

Sauce, please.

Hilarious thread, really. DuelGundam2099 vs a bunch of franchise-whores similiarly obnoxious to the Aikatsu, Precure and OnePiss fanbases.

youtube.com/watch?v=4t1_35xiub4
youtube.com/watch?v=05p646nlYS0
youtu.be/qEhFDoeZM4E?t=37
youtube.com/watch?v=AIG4mhLcplo
youtube.com/watch?v=Px9FvddtgpM
dailymotion.com/video/x5jjgkp
youtube.com/watch?v=pITNm95Sd1k
youtube.com/watch?v=N7st-s83IFk
youtube.com/watch?v=-m8kR0FQ7Wk

5.5/9 +Pong, TTGL, Katan, Mush, SSY ~FZ-s1
6.5/9 ~3gatsu -Omoide, KareKano
3.5/9 +Gems, YKK ~Mia, Lupin, 3gatsu
Ahem... 1/8 +NNB
3.5/8 +Gems, KON, Ace a shit ~Yurikuma
I don't read comix 2/2
1/9 +NGNL (don't get why there are people who think that the movie is better, the television show at least sports a pretty unique world- and battle-system)
5/9 +Texh, Mayonaise, Paranoia, Labyrinth, Lain (when I see Midori on someone's grid I assume for them to be trolling)

Attached: 1558050520811.png (900x900, 1.15M)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORG