Holy shit why are Victorian Age fantasy settings so underused? This is 10 times better than generic medieval fantasy

Holy shit why are Victorian Age fantasy settings so underused? This is 10 times better than generic medieval fantasy.

Attached: Q17.png (1075x1600, 395K)

Nothing using that setting has become popular enough for everyone to start copying.

what is victorian setting anyway? isnt beserk nobles victorian setting?

Basically from mid XIX century to the start of XX century. A period where technology advanced like crazy. Full of weird weapons and inventions.

Think steam engines and trains.

so, steampunk ?

>underused
I initially thought you meant "overused" here. In fact courts, queens and power structures in anime and general fiction are modeled after the age of absolutism. Sure, they war with swords and shit but socially theyre not feudal.

In fact realistic medieval fantasy is very very rare.

Attached: example-16216.jpg (1024x1024, 47K)

>In fact realistic medieval fantasy is very very rare.
This.

LotM does the whole "holy fucking shit, the industrial revolution fucking sucked for anyone not from the middle class" thing real well.

Why are always the 10/10 milf character in a harem ecchi manga, never a part of the harem?

>realistic fantasy

There is no such thing in the first place.

very few fantasy worlds in manga or anime are remotely coherent and most are just modern with swords and horses

Attached: Manga-Yuuki Ringo.png (303x480, 82K)

Because they are too good for some faggy nip boy.

To Love Ru

It can be used, in Isekai. The point would be: barbarians noteuropeans astonished by nippon's modern society in the form of a NEET otaku.

Attached: 1560450861392.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Such a shame that alchemist-chan disappeared.

Attached: 21.png (1076x1600, 444K)

Read DxD

Cute queen.

Attached: Q19.png (1075x1600, 322K)

I really hope she appears more. This series really has too many great side characters.

>she is the QUEEN OF ALBION you drooling halfwit.
This isekai has no right being consisterly goof with great banter as well.

It's from Qwaser authors, it's a step above normal isekai.

Was that the tiddy sucking iseaki manga? What I remember, apart from the tits was that I kinda liked it, as the setting on the edge of a industrial revolution was refreshing as OP said. I wasn't quite on board with the usual "lol I worked in a factory for a summer, so now I have the knowledge to bring about a science revolution to these hicks", but it was kept to a tolerable level.

>It's from Qwaser authors
That would have been a red flag for me since I didn't enjoy qwaser. But about a volume into this I picked it up and they really improved as a pair and built a setting that has that pulse so many isekai lack.

But not enough with small/flat breasts.

Imagine having to draw those background and clothes. What a pain in the ass.

The only thing that felt a bit too convenient to me was him knowing how to make dynamite. Stuff like welding or water jet cutting felt reasonable.

Yeah, him conjuring up dynamite was definitely a sour point for me. Most of the other stuff I was able to accept and at least there's also the whole war form thing, that serves to lend him another way to resolve tricky situations, so he doesn't pull the "real world science" routine 24/7.

Actually they knew how to do it already, not how to stabilize it.

Nitroglycerine was around for a while before Nobel come up with a way to get it in a more stable transport friendly way, not by much but he did not come up with it.

Knowing how to create dynamite from scratch, knowing how to stabilize nitroglycerin, same thing in this context.

not really, dynamite isn't that complicated, someone with an interest in chemistry wouldn't have a hard time making it if they knew the recipe.

The difference between dynamite and most other applications of modern technology/techniques is that there would be little reason Kai would be familiar with how to create dynamite except as trivia, whereas with other techniques, they are things he could have realistically used on the job. It's excused with "I just learned a bunch of random shit about every job I worked on", but to me it came off as an excuse ahead of time for Kai to know about pretty much anything as the plot demanded.

Thankfully, they've kept his modern knowledge to a reasonable level, so no harm done. But it still bothered me.

They should show more magic in this series, surely someone still uses magic from the previous age.

Well, mostly reasonable anyway. He still pulls some wikipedia shit out of his ass sometimes.

Attached: x38.png (1077x1600, 249K)

magic=titty milk powered transformations

There's the ice girl.

Thats more like divine asspulls rather than magic.

Except they aren't drawing the backgrounds, merely tracing old photos are reusing old art pieces and adding little bits of their world to them

Attached: Q1.png (1075x1600, 551K)

This. Bookloli is the only one that's remotely close but even that's a stretch.

I know how to make dynamite and gunpowder (personally due to a misspent youth) from raw materials. As I see the big problem would tracking down Diatomaceous earth and making the basting cap. But magic could probably do that and they do have the tech for blasting caps already, I would have to outsource that.

You'd literally just have to tell the elf army to go get you that shit to demonstrate.

Boring setting

Oh god and here we have the idiot of robe day who believes “le tracing meme XD is soooo easy I can make an entire manga in one day”