Opinions on Outlaw Star? I had a rush of nostalgia and watched in on hulu...

Opinions on Outlaw Star? I had a rush of nostalgia and watched in on hulu, got to enjoy some scenes I never saw when the show aired on Toonami way back when I was in middle school.

Also, what's the deal with a large (or at least vocal) part of the fandom shipping Aisha and Jim? They had literally a single episode where they were friendly with one another, and it seemed more like a brother-sister thing than anything else. Was there something lost in translation from the Japanese version or is this just shippers being shippers?

Attached: https___blogs-images.forbes.com_olliebarder_files_2017_08_outlaw_star_review3-1200x844.jpg (960x675, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xrjUj-FRorY
youtube.com/watch?v=H6ojLNsoi0w
youtube.com/watch?v=pCrHh5Q_aFc
youtu.be/jnxbreSfQ48?t=2371
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anyone

I like it

shota x onee-san is why

Attached: [EG]Outlaw_Star_24_BD(1080p_10bit_DualAudio)[4EB409C1].mkv_snapshot_04.19_[2017.10.15_21.17.44].png (1440x1080, 3.6M)

I want to fOOk Aisha...

One of my favorite shows. Love the OP and ED themes.

youtube.com/watch?v=xrjUj-FRorY
youtube.com/watch?v=H6ojLNsoi0w

Actually the music overall was great, I particularly remember Twilight Suzuka's theme: youtube.com/watch?v=pCrHh5Q_aFc

I always liked the interesting Chinese mysticism aspects the setting had as well. I thought overall the setting was just incredibly clever and interesting, from the caster to the manipulator arms on the ship. I had a huge crush on Melfina when I was little.

The ship designs got me real good. Seeing all the RCS thrusters going off...I didn't know what angular momentum was at the time, but seeing it now, they pulled off space combat really well with regards to physics. Watching ships drift through space in one direction while facing another direction made me 'whoa as a kid. The space combat with the XGP in one of the earlier episodes, and the fight in the last episode were great.

Gene a shit.

It's pretty kino.

Attached: 1468840249553.png (217x190, 55K)

I love Outlaw Star. I wish we still got shows like this. Sci-Fi adventure feels like it's dead.

>is this just shippers being shippers?
Pretty much

>hulu

OP, don't pay to watch stuff.

>implying stuff like Outlaw Star can be seeded nowadays

This was actually the first anime I ever watched when I was a kid and was probably the main reason I'm into anime and manga today, although I've never actually watched the entire series through to the end.

Outlaw Star was, and is still one of my favorites, I remember making lego mockups of spaceships with my brother and you better fucking believe I worked grappler arms into every one I could

Attached: 1557378821101.jpg (640x480, 174K)

>shipping Aisha and Jim?
see , jim was built for being /ss/'d by a chocolate ayylmao catgirl

Decent

I think that episode where Jim ends up killing his girlfriend in combat while not knowing it was her is one of the best examples of a tragic story without being heavy handed in anime.

Fun anime, feels like a more mystical cowboy bebop. Kind of wish it got another 26 episode season.

the opening and closing themes were really good

Everyone was all Melfina
and I was all alone with my love for Tasogare no Suzuka.

Attached: __twilight_suzuka_outlaw_star_drawn_by_saitou_takuya__5df4a650d64b578ecfc48c5a8b82ec0a.jpg (1309x1937, 643K)

Or they wanted to LOL I FUCK CATS.

Twilight Suzuka was best girl.

100% best girl

I couldn't get over that pointy thing she had

...her sword?

youtu.be/jnxbreSfQ48?t=2371

Oh fuck, I forgot that Toonami cooked up a track that sampled that Suzuka theme.

Nah, her chin

If it wasn't for the old celluloid fuzziness and hand drawn art, it wouldn't be worth watching.

If it was one of those early 00's with basic CG it'd be forgotten in the sea of them.

It has its moments. But its execution is poor.

Attached: zzz.jpg (960x720, 201K)

Uh, it totally can user. Outlaw star isn't anywhere near the level of obscurity where you'd either have to look hard or break out the private tracker let alone something that isn't available at all.

It is coincidental the OP made this thread because I actually just downloaded the series off nyaa last week and have been watching through it all week.

Sure

Indeed

Attached: Outlaw Star - 25 (Dual Audio 960x720 10bit HEVC).mkv_snapshot_15.08_[2019.06.15_18.29.11].jpg (960x720, 103K)