Oyasumi Punpun and self analyzing the reader

Recently reread Oyasumi Punpun because I needed to know how I felt towards getting a tattoo of Punpun, but also to know how, why and what it is about it that affects me as much as it does
Thought I'd share it with you and maybe learn from others

Attached: Goodnight Punpun v08 p106.png (910x1300, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GGcZyMVU2QY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This isn't going to be a breakdown or analysis of the manga, its themes or anything like that

The ups and downs of the manga make it a lot harder to describe and understand all the different emotions at play. I'm also the guy to focus entirely on one page/emotion/concept at a time, possibly why I react so strongly to it

First word usually used when describing it is usually "depressing". Feeling down once in a while is normal, even helpful. This isn't the case for everyone reading it.

The final conclusion I came to was that not letting go/forgetting (Aiko in the case of the manga) and instead forcing yourself to keep thinking of Aiko (or in my case a close but troubled friend) was extremely harmful for everyone. Had Aiko survived, Punpun would most likely be in a much worse spot, he was forced to let go, but was asked by Aiko to think of hear each Tanabata, she also wished for Punpun to not forget her (picture)

Attached: Goodnight Punpun v13 p2150.png (676x422, 317K)

>I needed to know how I felt towards getting a tattoo of Punpun
You absolute faggot cretin you

youtube.com/watch?v=GGcZyMVU2QY
This album was my go to while reading
Punpun was the guy to force a lot of things onto himself, never asked for help, traits that aren't that uncommon. Why I don't know

My first times reading the last 3-4 volumes I was shocked and every reread isn't any easier. Kinda related to this, trying to learn from Punpun's mistakes wouldn't help in real life, the mistakes he does because of himself, his way of being, making a mistake, not doing it again will still lead to him doing other mistakes

But there are wisdoms to gain I feel...

Attached: Goodnight Punpun v12 p045.png (1162x1600, 392K)

That's the emotional impact this manga has had on me, nothing in this world will ever make me feel this way about others and myself, but getting a tattoo of something that makes you feel sad, depressed, anxious and sometimes terrified might not be the smartest thing

About not letting go or forcing yourself to remember. You're pretty much torturing yourself by doing this, especially if there is nothing you can change or do about a person.
This isn't about isolated events, not letting go/forcing yourself to remember can and is applied in many different situations

Finding wisdom in my notes is kinda hard

Attached: Goodnight Punpun v12 p046.png (1162x1600, 441K)

The manga is about the dangers of being a beta male. Get a tattoo of a car engine not a cartoon bird, jesus.

t. some macho

post tattoo

Attached: ontan-honk.gif (393x360, 354K)

It's easy to say that if Punpun had just been normal/self confident/honest about his emotions he would've lived a much better life, but this doesn't change him or us for that matter, no wisdom in thinking like this, the wrongs are fundamental. I've made several notes where I've "learned" from isolated events, mistakes and so on and just as quickly disregarded them, since learning from one mistake won't stop you from comitting a similar one the next day

Attached: Goodnight Punpun v12 p047.png (1144x1600, 436K)

Was thinking of something like this on the upper chest. The way the manga makes me feel will most likely make me wait a year, maybe two before getting it

Attached: CJ3EQN0WsAARuBw.jpg (960x960, 65K)

If you are still thinking about getting a Punpun tattoo then you understood nothing.

Care to elaborate? It's hard to take your words seriously. What I feel and understand isn't necessarily what you feel and understand

Oh well, given time I think more will be known and uncovered, cya whenever and if I get the tattoo

Attached: Goodnight Punpun v10 p211.png (988x1400, 223K)

You are too idiot and believe this is a cautionary tale and even go far to pretend “real life isn’t like this”, even more you think of depression and fashionable feelings when you talk about this manga. And no, this manga is a grim reminder of how you are trapped inside yourself. See Punpun killing god? He killed the only god that exists: the illusionary self that haunted his childhood and teenaged years. Pegasus plot? It was chuuni people that go to extremes of their ego that really believe the stupidity of being the center, the chosen ones. Their deaths are not going to change the world no matter how they wanted.
Letting go or remembering mean nothing at all but are drugs that keep you living. See, the only way of remembering in a clear way is through trauma, good memories fade and the bad ones haunt you. Aiko’s dead is a sum of a lot of things and just a fraction is related to Punpun, and hence Punpun lately admits to himself he is forgetting her, because what remains in him about her is just the result of what his emotions keep, and that changes every second. What Punpun means at the end is a grim reminder of what is adulthood. The other example at the other extreme is Shimizu, who needed part of his brain to be damaged to be kept forever in the stage of “innocent adult”. Actually, re read it but keeping in mind Seki and Shimizu are parallels of Aiko and Punpun.

About real life not being like this, I am saying the exact opposite, but learning from your mistakes and still making similar mistakes is literally what Punpun is doing over and over again. Not everyone can learn from their mistakes, depending on the person or the nature of the mistake.

I say depression but mean sadness and having "fashionable feelings" when reading it is nothing I can change m8. I don't think we're attached to the manga or the characters equally or in the same way

Thanks for your explanation, I really liked it

oyasumi punpun is a shit manga for depressed people. you like it because you relate to it.
maybe you still have a crush in a girl and you just cant to forget?
all I know is that oyashitty punpun sucks

Nanou a slut. She still hot af, tho'.

Nah she is thirsty

>I felt towards getting a tattoo of Punpun
I absolutely love and loved PunPun, still think it's a goddamn masterpiece but you're a fucking retarded normie faggot that should off yourself.

Fucking tattoos of shit you gotta be shitting me.

it quite literally is a cautionary tale

Asano said so himself

dont talk about my waifu like that
I'm the complete opposite of a normie tho, being a normie and getting a tattoo like this is pointless and stupid isnt it

Attached: Goodnight Punpun v08 p150-151.png (1789x1300, 725K)

Pretencious mango, is a normalfag honeypot