If naruto ripped off hunter x hunter

if naruto ripped off hunter x hunter
then why did naruto become the runaway success? admit it hunterfags, kishimoto took togashi's ideas and became more popular.

Attached: 39f517adee480d182b342359695a7d03a9238cbf_hq.jpg (640x640, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_manga#See_also
youtube.com/watch?v=PDH3XuxF_Qw
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SpaceFillingEmpire
desuarchive.org/a/search/text/yorknew-hot-air-balloon/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Madara > phantom troupe

You're saying Naruto sold more than HxH? What a bold statement, OP.

it's amazing how well naruto's cover is and how shit hxh is. Is that frog even important?

250m vs 72m

Attached: firefox_t5UeKcT9mX.png (1262x1176, 152K)

Even if you go per-volume sales Naruto still trumps it 2:1.

holy shit I didn't realize titan was selling so well. Hasn't even been a decade either

I'm confused, why does the HxH fanbase always say it's the most successful franchise?

It's a meme user. Don't believe the hunter""""chads""""

Damn, guess I should have put a "/s" in there. Obviously no one's disputing it's sold more (besides the obvious trolls).

Attached: kishimotoDQ1.jpg (800x1404, 121K)

Attached: kishimotoDQ2.jpg (800x1346, 72K)

Attached: kishimotoDQ3.jpg (661x1100, 91K)

Naruto is more successful bec the manga has no hiatuses like HxH.

Attached: d7wlyyuc3s421.jpg (1251x580, 143K)

>spams Rasengan and Shadow Clone Jutsu for the whole duration of the manga
Truly amazing protagonist writing, couldn't have done it better myself

Attached: 1441436464781.jpg (460x645, 45K)

Based retard. Hunterkeks can't understand strategies without pages upon pages of exposition.

Its also more interesting. Compare the first three arcs of naruto to hxh.
Land of waves vs hunter exam
Chunin exams vs the rescue arc
Konoha crush vs heavens arena

What's gon's powers again? That he can move fast and punch hard? Congratulations hes deku

>strategies
>it's just spamming two powers in different ways and battles being decided by power levels
take your shit taste out of here, brainlet

>Demographic
>Shonen
Literally for below 16 year olds and you wonder why they're selling so good? Well adults are busy getting their degrees/jobs or are working.

Neither of these shows would exists if there was no Dragon Ball to take inspiration from

>if i keep saying "spam" that makes it true!!!
The absolute state of hiatustards.

>700 manga chapters
>protagonist only knows 2 (two) skills for the whole duration of the manga
>this is somehow good writing
Ha hahahahahahahahahaha, this is the state of Narutards

Attached: 14323123131.jpg (600x400, 42K)

what "strategy" is involved with constant use of rasengan and kage bushin?

It's amazing how you think a punch of powers need to be involved when a fight in the real world has none and can still be interesting

Also what's gon's powers again? The whole generic hit hard and move fast combo?

>wins a battle by confusing the opponent and using Rasengan for the 174th time
MAN THAT SHIT WAS INTENSE BRAH xD

Attached: 1441283182957.jpg (200x267, 9K)

Naruto has twice the amount of volumes and overseas came over when Dragon Ball wasn't the hottest thing anymore and took advantage of the vacuum left in its wake.

>300 chapters in
>Hey look Kuckashi I learned another technique it's a BIGGER RASENGAN
>100 chapters later
>Look I learned a new one it's TWO BIG RASENGANS
>200 chapters later
>Look Kuckashi I learned my ultimate technique it's a bigger rasengan that spins lmao

Attached: 1448937349935.jpg (427x464, 23K)

No, what's truly amazing protag writing is that he still couldn't do his signature move with one hand after years of training and battles

Obviously. That's why he's a millionaire, while you're stuck shitposting about it on a Laotian chopstick carving forum.

>700 manga chapters
>all released in a timely fashion
>author invents back problems to excuse hiatus 0 (zero) times for the whole duration of the manga
Oh no no no hunterbros

Oh also, every time Naruto ''''''outsmarts''''''' an opponent with his kage bunshin spam and cheap tactics he pulls an Armong and his opponent loses 50 IQ points to get to his level. And that's when he doesn't win by power of friendship or getting ass pulled by Kurama. Truly disgusting writing I hope you faggots die from shame for defending this garbage.

Samefag harder.

who is samefagging?

Togashi is lazy.
Still Togashi has got 2-3 successful series while Kishimoto was a one-trick pony hack and Samurai 8 is trash.

You have absolute shit taste.
HxH's cover looks way more charming and Nardo's cover is just as misleading considering he ain't using giant frogs in the first volume either.

Pretty sure Togashi fucked his hand when overworking on YYH.
He lawyered up after that and made sure he would fuck Shueisha/WSJ up good next contract he signed.

This is the most fragmented release schedule I've ever seen. Can we save this with Windows Defrag? Or do you guys think it's too late?

But OP has a majority adult fanbase

Some of the people that read the first issue of One Piece have probably died of old age by now.

So basically Kishimoto is the Edison of JUMP?

Is this in Dollars or Yen?

>that simplistic shit
>charming
Looks like it was drawn by a child.

Read and weep, Narutard.

>This interview takes place in 2009, during the 10th year anniversary of Naruto, this interview is found in the "Naruto 10th Anniversary Chronicle Book Mini" :

>Kishimoto: Before I became a professional mangaka, I was already a big fan of Togashi-sensei, I was able to greet him at the Jump Festa

>Kishimoto: Yes. Well, during that time period I was having difficulty creating my manga. I thought I'd ask you for some tips sensei, the first time we met I was a little nervous but luckily Sensei was very nice to me which helped me get over my nervousness and allowed me ask a lot of questions. After diner, he showed me his workshop, the cycle of creating a manga, how to have a good work atmosphere and many other things. Back when I've started the serialization of Naruto, my inspiration for these was Hunter x Hunter, even to this day it still has a special place for me and I often re-read it.

Attached: 1465476086176.png (569x948, 170K)

HxH is no better than naruto.

hunterfags btfo

Narutards on suicide watch.

Because Kishimoto dumbed it down to have access to the casual readers pool, thus selling more. Adding fanservice and useless female characters to attract shippers and waifu tards as well. Hunter x hunter is beyond most people's intellect and Togashi refused to sell his soul to the devil for some more millions because he has dignity, he's a true artist, not a slave kneeling in front of the editors and the ignorant mass.

Quality > Quantity

Feels great.

Attached: cb98d6ba8761976c9c4cb28b67faf3c2.jpg (800x1166, 395K)

Hiatusfags COPING

Do Hunterfags know the feeling of experiencing decent art?

Attached: Sasuke_Recovery_Team.png (1520x1200, 3.61M)

>golgo 13 still in serialization

Attached: 1550973518820.gif (600x338, 766K)

Naruto could have been good if the sasuke plot never existed

Attached: 1438640571049.jpg (1572x1145, 714K)

> You guys ready to ruin this plot

You can suck the turds out of Tofagshi's ass all you want, you're still not getting the next chapter anytime soon.

huntards BTFO

I still don't see the "rip off".

Waiting for HxH is worth it because every chapter is a little masterpiece, so real fans don't really mind the hiatus.

Not so much.
There are decent pages here and there but overall the manga is full of shitty art.
Togashi has the ability to actually draw good but doesn't do it much.

I actually don't see how it's bad. It's certainly consistent.

Hunter x hunter is more than it seems. At first glance it's a child's journey or typical shonen material but then this man turns it into every genre and pulls you into his sublime world. I find myself consummately engrossed endeavoring to figure out this man's plans, some may call me mad but these clues, these obnubilated plots and even these emotions. Pellucidly a man who has at least read marcel proust's fictions but if you search deeper one would find ulysses chronicles and many others but I cerebrate nobody will read up to this point

Attached: file.png (1122x798, 1.14M)

Notice how hunter"""chads""" conveniently ignore this post

high IQ post

HxH art > Naruto art where all lines have the same nuance

You forgot how he has the power to turn into an adult with all the power he needs to win with no actual repercussions because his friend happens to have a tranny brother who can make the negative effects of the power-up go away for free.

Look at all those vertical lines. Just look at them. They're hypnotic.

Nigga you say that as if you actually have say so in whether you have to wait for HxH or not, and you're sure as fuck not any better than other fans for being a docile little bitch about Togashit laughing behind your back as he spends his millions and throws you pity chapters whenever the fuck he feels like it, cuck.

Literally because Togashi became a lazy fuck and didn't care.
He could've shilled the absolute fuck out of it but there's no point since he already became rich as fuck by that time from his previous series as well as his wife's work.
As slow and as never ever as Hiatus x Hiatus is, it's still miles better than Naruto, sales don't even matter when Kishi isn't even in the same cushy position as Togashi is.

Togashi could stop if he wanted to, he's rich as fuck, his wife is rich as fuck. Sailor Moon is one of the mascots for the Tokyo Olimpics, so she's getting mad money for that. He's loaded and he can spend all the time he wants in retirement with his family. Yet he decides to write one of the most complex arcs in manga history and so far this arc has not plothole and everything fits perfectly, which means he's been planning this for a long time.
There is actually a video of Togashi from 2016 where he shows charts and graphs of this arc. So he clearly cares about HxH and he loves writing it.

>Yet he decides to write one of the most convoluted arcs in manga history*

Its convulted only for a subhuman brainlet like you.

Cope

HxH will never be as popular as Naruto and One Piece. They started around the same time and HxH only has like 350 chapters, lmao

Togashi is a lazy fuck, even GRRM is better than him

Yep, it will never be as 'popular'

Attached: file.png (1130x161, 67K)

This is what happens when you fuck the author of Sailor Moon. He's unaxeable.

It sure won't.

Attached: Ages of One Piece fans.jpg (1024x576, 126K)

Yeah,his powers are extremely simple in a world in which everyone has JoJo tier intricate bullshit powers,therefore,he needs to flex his brain to make it work in a way in which it cant just easily be exploited,adding a layer of complexity that simply wouldnt exist in any other manga.

Faggot

Somehow,I know you dont draw

Fucking cringe. Huntard have a scat fetish. Kys. Kishimoto and ODA make way more money with only one manga series. Togashi is the manifestation of a hack writer. On the same level as GRRM

It isnt really convulted,you just need to be able to remember the several plotpoints going on and think of several possibilities that could ensue in the basis of any of those happenings,basically,you can read HxH just fine if youre not ISTJ,ISFJ,ESTJ,ESFJ or ESFP

Martin is ditching working on his books to write a video game, what's Togashi's excuse?

Yeah. They are all a bunch of delusional 13 year olds who want to molested by cuckashi (ironic yeah!). Just leave those schizo's alone.

What are you trying to communicate,user,im not used to mangastream translations

I said GRRM in my post too. Actuslly sane minds think alike unlike huntercucks

Give me examples

Hunterfag comprehension skills are either too low or too high. Fucking brainlets and/or schizos. HiatusX is pretentious AF and so are its fans. It can never be in the spotlight nor be hidden masterpiece.

The way he beat Genthru by using teleportation spells.

They say asians have high IQ, clearly not true. A smart person would jump off a sinking ship

Attached: file.png (1217x795, 65K)

Its literally spelled out by Killua when Gon is fighting against Knuckle. Also look at Gon's fight against the Howl and the Bat, that was a smart way to use his powers.

Do you really think anyone here cares about sales? Really?

Fight against Genthru(although he didnt think that one himself)and against Knuckle,also against Bat and Owl.

Sadly,he gets a giganerf shortly after,and these were some of the only parts in the manga in which Gon is a legitimately threatening character,so there are next to no examples prior to that as he would most often lose

Who hurt you, sweetie?

>>it's just spamming two powers in different ways and battles being decided by power levels
so exactly like Hunter x Hunter

The only argument Narutards are using is sales. See

>Yea Forums were normalfags still use the popular = good argument

I THINK THEY'RE BOTH TRASH

Attached: fink.jpg (739x415, 45K)

HxH goes out of its way to ensure powerlevels arent what decides the outcome of battles unless its just that much of a drastic difference(see:Netero vs Meruem),and most characters have only one or two abilities,with character with over that being rare,so it just fits.

Ok assuming we give a shit about sale's , One piece still has better sales. And what happens when one piece enters the last two arcs? Sale's will skyrocket and fuck you in ur the ass

>show a chart about One Piece sales as an argument against Naruto
Uhh, sweetheart? Are you okay?

see
You brought up Wan Piss.

Keep dreaming, one piss is dying and there is nothing uda or whatever the fuck he calls himself, can do.

Attached: 1540400542115.gif (580x600, 338K)

>HxH goes out of its way to ensure powerlevels arent what decides the outcome of battles
bullshit, power levels decide almost every fight in the series

Uhh, no. No I didn't. I replied to a postthat replied to a postthat was already talking about OP.

HxH or Naruto it all depends on personal preference.
It all comes to what kind of story and characters you would give a fuck about.
I find both Naruto and HxH good in their own way.
My fisrt anime was HxH 1999 and I loved it but for me Naruto was more interesting.

Uvo had a bigger power level tha Kurapika but he got beaten. Meruem was the strongest character but he got killed by poison. Power levels mean shit

This. It's why you're always guessing whether or not Gon or Kurapika will survive their next encounter or not. They can't just invent new powers on the fly to save their asses from a superior enemy, they have to be smart about it.

>Uvo had a bigger power level tha Kurapika but he got beaten.
because Kurapika's hatsu is literally "instantly win if you 1v1 a spider" The Phantom Troupe spends the rest of that arc monstering everyone else because they have a huge power level

Well, it was some anti-HxH fag who brought up Wan Piss and bragging about it being popular. My argument still stands.

>he showed me the cycle of creating a manga, how to have a good work atmosphere
kek

Chrollo got captured by Kurapika and he could have easily killed him. Two 12 year old kids managed to get away from a nen master like Nobunaga. So much for "power level are everything".

The entire chimera ant arc is the main cast fighting almost exclusively characters with higher powerlevels,also Genthru was massively stronger than Gon and still got destroyed.Hisoka consitenly one-shots people because his entire fighting strategy consists of finding a fatal flaw he can exploit that much,its not rocket science

Attached: 20190614_165114.png (941x1016, 491K)

Keep coping

please understand. there were no hxh content to steal at the time

The only good thing to come out of Sasuke's entire existence was the Retrieval Arc. That hooked me back in after the chuunin exams for a short while.

One Piece is losing readership
V.69: 3,147,224
V.70: 3,039,487
V.71 : 2,890,263
DROP
V.85: 2,400,524
V.84: 2,393,553
V.83: 2,435,076
DROP
V.92: 1,776,868

In less than 20 volumes this series has lost between 700,000 to 800,000 readers.

You can almost see One Piece slowly dying volume by volume here.

Attached: 1537472490890.jpg (400x400, 22K)

>Kurapika's hatsu is literally "instantly win if you 1v1 a spider"
>Chrollo got captured by Kurapika and he could have easily killed him

>a nen master like Nobunaga
>4 meters en

well, naturally, children age

I doubt the new 10yearolds are interested in getting into a story with a thousand chapters

Chrollo was among other Spiders. He wasn't alone. Kurapika managed to capture him thanks to a good strategy, not thanks to his power level.

Nobunaga was a nen master compared to newbs like Killua and Kurapika.

yes, things are not as dire and defined as they come. I thought this was also a natural law of life that togashi made sure to insert in the manga
see for example, bisky explaining to killua that he could fight a person way more powerful than him if the circumstances were in his favour

That just means he hasnt trained en,maybe he has massively trained something else or is part of a condition,but he wouldnt be on the troupe if he was a shitter

I refer you to

Cute,but didn't Kishi say that he and his father didn't have that good of a relationship when he was asked abot Naruto punching Minato?maybe something happened later.

This was supposed to be a Naruto thread WTF.

Attached: giphy (1).gif (450x274, 3.44M)

based hunterbros

Attached: haro.png (1366x768, 1.22M)

And yet it stills sales more than Brokeback x Shonen which won't even cracked 100 million for another 20 years

Attached: 1489522760978.jpg (552x504, 35K)

Shut the fuck up, dog!

Attached: 0c38d146ce41f0878d559767b59b720e1558643078_full.jpg (640x360, 88K)

Kage bunshin is just an OP jutsu. It multiplies taijutsu. Naruto was smart to master shadow clones and Rasengan (which is capable of so many variation). I wish clones didnt tranfer experience and that naruto just learned rasen shuriken in the timeskip. This would have saved naruto until the war arc. But naruto is far better and has more soul and induces emotion better than hxh ever will

Based and redpilled
Keep seething hunterturds

Reason > Emotion

Imagine if Sasuke is female, and after blowing each other's arm up, she jumps onto Naruto and make out with him passionately.

I would nut so much.

It's a meme. Never consider the opinion of this fanbase, it's pure cancer

You're either falseflagging or a really retarded and gullible child.

Because Kishimoto is not a hack as big as Togashi. Not to mention that he didn't abuse the hiatus bullshit. Serves Togashi right.

>over 8 times less profitable than Dragon Ball
>over 4 times less profitable than One Piece
>over 3 times less profitable than Naruto
>almost 30 million behind JoJo
>On top of all these sales, the above series have made ridiculous amounts of money through video games and licensed products, something HxH has none of
Why do we keep winning? How is it possible to win so much my fellow non-HiatusCHADS?

Attached: hiatuschads.jpg (480x360, 40K)

>every mangaka is a hack
says the worthless 4channer on Yea Forums

Togashidrones are truly peak consumers

When did I ever say that every mangaka is a hack? At least learn how to read before coming into a thread

Bro.. Don't expect these delusional faggots to have comprehension skills

Naruto just has better direction than HxH at first. HxH is very character-driven so it feels pretty aimless until Yorkshin. Shit just happens without any sense of urgency.

Naruto is also one of the best Shonen protags in concept and his character-type naturallly moves the story forward and sets up goals and conflicts, while Gon is below average and there is hardly anything interesting about him besides how self-destructive he is.

The issue with Naruto is the character writing. Sasuke and Naruto's friendship feels completely fake compared to Gon and Killua's and it is supposed to be the pivot of the entire series. Well, Sasuke in general is a source of bad writing. Hardly anyone makes sense when around him.

And Naruto also falls pretty quickly into spectacle creep. After Pain it feels like Kishimoto wanted to one-up himself with every threat and this completely ruins the setting. Togashi is never afraid to dial back the threat levels or change the tone of the manga, and he can do mystery, drama, action and horror pretty competently, so Togashi is able to use variety instead of turning his characters into mecha-ghost-samurai riding monstruosities like Kishimoto does in Naruto.

Also, Kishimoto is a better artist than Togashi and a much better character designer.

And I don't think nips care about originality as much as westerners.

It is obviously because Kishimoto is a better artist.

Just look at the trash he writes when he isn't copying HxH and Basilisk.

Attached: d612860374835ac875d111e73da807d7.jpg (534x800, 83K)

>Dokaben actually ended a year ago

Attached: 1554205767679.jpg (1235x1771, 678K)

not only nardo

Attached: hacking.png (638x602, 216K)

Naruto is a big fat mess. It started out descent but just kept going downhill since it started. The anime is an even bigger mess. It moves as slow as DBZ with all its filer and flashbacks every 3 seconds.

Who is this cutie Nanashi?

Naruto is HXH dilluted for the brainlet masses.

Attached: 1541140140202.png (640x360, 183K)

Phantom Troupe >>> spiders >>> piss >>> shit >>> puke >>> Naruto >>> Madara

From kishi's new manga.
He is some tranny(guy who wants to be a a girl) who wants to fuck the MC now.
Also his hands talk or something.

Sounds hot.

But it is.

Seething

GRRM & ASoIaF is better than naturo and one piece, despite GRRM’s 8 year long haitus.

>a hack writer.
>On the same level as GRRM
Fuck off autistic weeb. GRRM is way better and superior writer than oda and kishimoto only Togashi is a bit above GRRM.

Have sex

THE MORE SHE DRANK THE MORE SHE SHAT, NED

Have friends

Morel + Knuckle vs Cheetu and its different instances are a great example. Those were fights decided by matchup rather than power level.

Have a life

Already have.
Have a job

>wagecuck thinks it's alive
>tripfag thinks it's a person
Kek.

Already have and I make more than you

Amazing thread truly the best we've had today.

Fucking based Kishimoto.

>a friend who just gives away a copy of Dragon Quest
WTF power of friendship is real?

>reading shounen
>ever

Attached: 1553521959251.jpg (170x170, 13K)

>not appeasing your inner child

Some times bad shit sells better because quantity =/= quality. That's why 50 shades of grey or those youtuber books sell better than good literature. With manga happens the same. Happens in every industry, it is also the reazon why FIFA videogames outsell actual videogames.

>Kinnikuman - 75 million
Nice.

Attached: e9.png (356x222, 68K)

>Naruto is a ripoff of HxH
>HxH is a ripoff of DB
>DB is a ripoff from some Chinese Folk Story

I can't read those lines without hearing the anime.

This bitch makes me so hot.

Based. I came to terms with HxH situation. Not everybody has the mind and soul to appreciate it. And I am fine with that. Togashi just writes what he likes, and he makes a lot of profit from it. So we gain and suffer from his creative freedom.

>neet is okay with being at lowest level of society
>is anonymous even outside
Kys subhuman.
>implying you earn more than me
Double kek.

The image refers to the amount of volumes sold, not the amount of money a series has made. You can check the full list here.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_manga#See_also

At this moment I am euphoric, not because Shekelstein has deigned to let me brush my teeth after licking his ass clean but because I am free to enjoy the limited time I have on this earth.

>fans hype up hxh as literally the greatest shit
>watched the first fourty episodes
>literally the most mediocre shonen possible
>protagonist is the spitting image of the shonen mc trope down to being a kid born with special powers who really loves fighting
>closest thing we have to an antagonist is the worst type of villain possible, the crazy for crazy's sake with no motives known
>all the interesting characters and their powers that were introduced in the first arc aren't even shown because togashi has to "subvert" our expectations and not show the finale
>same stupid crap happens in the second arc when they just walk out of there
>this arc is a fucking tournament arc
>not a single non generic theme is introduced except that money is everything in this world
I'll never understand how so many faggots can't shitpost endlessly about some clearly terrible shonen. Nothing fucking happens in the story.

Like come on he had an entire arc about them making a shitload if money, his best friend is crazy rich, and then they have to buy a copy of a game that's suddenly so rich that all of that wealth is irrelevant?

It's like how togashi randomly dropped the line that the internet runs on nen and then moved on. Like you're not gonna expand upon that world building? There are so many fucking moments that just make you laugh at how stupid it is.
>muh pleb filter
Its trash, the umaru of shonen that attracts all the retard shitposters like a lightning rod.

Seething

Chimera Ants will change your life, user. It's about how war is bad and how people were the true monsters and stuff.

That never gets old. I can't be bothered to actually read or watch it but everything the fans post about makes it seems like kiddies first "dark" anime. That flashback webm is fucking hilarious

Haha look at this faggot that couldn't read the manga, I bet you also were filtered by 2011 shillers.

I'm sorry, is 99 not clearly the superior version?

Coping

B-but people get killed and then the cat rips the dude's head off and is all cute about it and Cell falls in love with a blind girl and he's actually a good guy and then they use a nuke and nukes are super bad!
And then granny turns into a gilfcycle.

Attached: Gilfcycle.png (1920x1080, 1.09M)

Don't forget gon is hypocritical and says he'd kill someone! Whoa, good guys aren't supposed to win what's going on?!

And then Gon had to sacrifice EVERYTHING FOREVER to kill Neferpitou and can't use NEN EVER AGAIN!

cope harder

Children retort

Not having a life

What's is SO COOL cause like hes so cool and powerful that no one else ever did it ever, I wanna be a cool kid like him too! Do you think it I played in the forest enough that I could become like him or do I need to be born in a super special way?

Like you’re happy your living as a basement dwelling neet loser who lives off his parents and welfare state? Because you’re to stupid, lazy and autistic to find a job? Let me guess /pol/tard, you blame the Jews for all your problems and they’re control everything?

You’re not free, you are a blind ignorant fool. With limited time on earth as a worthless lowly subhuman.

Get thee behind me, Satan.

Find a life or keep coping.

You forgot the power system. Its built up as this amazing thing that doesn't even come into play until the third arc. And even then besides protecting themselves from nen projection its irrelevant. There's that one moment the guy makes a copy of himself to attack hisoka but loses because he didn't realize the natural affinity thing. That's as complex as "water beats fire".

Also to jump on the shitty world building I love how no one knows nen exists. You have these battles between nen users broadcasted live and shown to thousands of audience members and the secret has never gotten out? Give me a break

>tripfag in a hxh thread
Is there anyhing more pathetic?

Stop projecting

Yeah, being a naturofag wanpisstard or a retard like you.

>Killua didn't know about Nen until Heaven's Arena
>recognizes his grandpa's Nen Dragon right away and knows what it is
Uhh, Hunterbros?

>tripfag calling someone a neet
*inhales*

>and then they use a nuke and nukes are super bad!
you're right about the rest but i have to address this point :
it's exactly because humanity is fucked that Meruem lost, he came to fight Netero expecting a fair fight like when he played Gungi, but it turns out the game was over before it began and Netero unleashed the Nuke containing the poison
It's thanks to human malice that humanity survived, so the moral is sometimes you have to use dishonorable underhanded tactics to win

You first.

i'll have you know I am a proud SnK fag.

>tripfag means being a neet
>neet calling someone else a neet
The retarded logic of this autist, holy shit I’m LMAO at your life.

>the moral is sometimes you have to use dishonorable underhanded tactics to win
not gonna lie that's not complex at all. Also fucking kek that togashi is still going on about the fucking nukes, wasn't even that bad compared to all the other shit we did to japan

? He knew people had powers but didn’t recognize the nen system. He knew about Illiumis needles too

Well atleast you are a bit above wan pissers and narutofags but you are still a retard you know.

Cope

Based.

You mean he ditches the fishing rod? I'm not far into this series and I thought it was a neat weapon.

Oh yeah he drops it in favor of PUNCH HARD KAMEHAMEHA

>mfw people fight this hard for 2nd place

Attached: DontLookAtMyTitleAnon.gif (200x200, 46K)

Seeth more

ill join in on ripping on the world building. I don't think there is a single manga/anime with a worse world than hunter.
>Jappon instead of Japan
>Azia instead of Asia
>United States
>Yorknew
>Ochina
>upside down south america
>literally just australia
>india
like I know this is the moment the paste eating retards jump in and yell "it's subversive/a deconstruction because it's purposely retarded!" but yeah that doesn't work. It's like how they pleb filter.

Imagine opening a book to read and the first few dozen chapters are literally covered in shit. Like actually dripping shit down on you. But it's okay because he did it on purpose! Like a modern art painting! And the fans tell you that if you just wade through enough "subversive" shit it'll eventually get good

Attached: 1541799884903.jpg (1908x1080, 691K)

>not applying all that cool Nen shit people keep praising on the fishing rod
That's a real bummer. Oh well.

it's kind of hilarious how fucking similar he is to goku. Like down to the fucking super saiyan

>mfw Naruto is better than op

Attached: A6CA4A79-1ACB-4B8E-B1B9-7268726234BD.jpg (671x701, 78K)

SnK is actually a good series though. The characters have some semblance of depth and nuance to them.

Stop being a neet

That would be cool but nope, it won't be seen again. Gon does fuck-all with Nen except PUNCH HARDER or that one time he turned into a Super Saiyan.

if naruto wasn't forced into the meat grinder which is the weekly shonen jump crap it'd be amazing. Like imagine it getting the monthly treatment, not having endless filler, and actually being able to end on the pain arc like the author intended.

Should I try reading Snk then? I heard pretty negative things about SnK threads. Does Snk have likeable characters and villains?

in this case the nuke was just the most effective way to disperse the poison to the widest area, while having a small chance to actually obliterate Meruem.
Meruem didn't end up destroyed but it was worth a shot, and getting close to him to inject him with poison would have been impossible

not to mention if we're going to go down the road of "omg this writing is so deep and has complex themes" snk would come on top
wait what anime/manga have you actually read/watched?

naruto is better than one piece/AOT/MHA/FMA/DBZ/HXH

DEAL WITH IT!

Attached: 3272D753-244F-411C-AEC2-83394AB99C72.jpg (600x626, 111K)

>SnK
>having villains
You're gonna want to check those preconceptions about muh black and white morality at the door.
As for likable characters, Eren Yaeger goes from being a bitch who you absolutely hate for being annoying and useless and whiny to the most based MC to grace shounen manga with his presence.
SnK threads are pretty bad because of shipping, that's true. Just read the manga and don't get pleb-filtered.

I mean, it could have been if Goda made it.

Its a bit more nuanced, atleast with named characters.
Some randoms are still "bad"
The threads are better close to release, but when 3 weeks are gone and no new chapter yet, people just waifupost

isn't the rule of thumb to just completely ignore all Yea Forums threads of series you like? Also the female titan is such a great horrifying villian

>villain
She's just a kid in bad circumstances getting blackmailed and trying to protect her dad. Stop bullying her.

>wait what anime/manga have you actually read/watched?
More than I can name imo. Alright excuse me for using the word “villains” Does SnK have interesting and likeable antagonists? Should I start with the manga first or the anime?
>don't get pleb-filtered.
I’m sure I can manage it. If I start something then I have to finish it.

>Should I start with the manga first or the anime?
Why are you even asking? The manga is ALWAYS the correct choice.The anime is really good you should also watch it
>antagonists
Where the story is currently, the fanbase has legitimately split on who they support. It is able to do that to the readers. When you start you'll have an extremely simple "humanity vs monsters" scenario that slowly increases in complexity until you don't know who to root for anymore.
Unless you're a real man in which case you know exactly who to root for.

Okay I will give SnK a try. I might even start with the anime if I liked the manga.

Naruto appeals to a wide audience, HxH appeals to a very small group of autists.

If you'd actually read the manga past the anime ending you'd know that's not true.

>Goda
more like soda waahaha
nice try wantards now suck oda cock while your at it

Attached: 292EFA34-9794-408D-B507-57334FE980B1.png (1440x1080, 1.38M)

Lmao you probably work at McDonalds you sad sack of shit

But Gon doesn't even appear in the arcs after the anime's ending you nincompoop. He's 100% getting his nen back too.

I want to take the bait, but im stuck chuckling at soda.

Fucking kek no. I know you work as garbageman collecting other people’s trash like a dirty slave. I feel sorry for a lowly alcoholic subhuman like you.

Being a garbageman is fucking great. The garbage man can!

based.

>was only there for 2 chapters,is already a better explored character on transgenderism(probably the first transgendder character explored as having gender dysphoria) than alluka was in the entirety of the manga.

it should be "

Holy kek

youtube.com/watch?v=PDH3XuxF_Qw

Thanks user for making me laugh like crazy

Attached: 1557251287619.gif (500x375, 687K)

Naruto was a product of the time. The popularity of Naruto coincides with the extremely edgy culture of the early 2000's that Yea Forums used to and sometimes still makes fun of. Naruto also has an interesting design compared to Gon who is notorious for having a shit design. The biggest issue though is the anime Naruto's anime was visually appealing compared to the dark dull looking HXH anime that came out in 1999. Naruto was easier to market to a younger audience abroad at the height of American Anime demand which is where those numbers come from.

The reason HxH is so popular now is those same kids who watched Naruto are seeing the 2011 HxH anime. That is where most of the so called Hunterchads come from.

Attached: 1558914567912.jpg (800x600, 151K)

Yeah, kind of this. I was so excited to watch HxH at first and it was hyped to me as some kind of pinnacle of anime and philosophical tractatus of its own, and words can't describe how fucking disappointed i ended up. I still enjoyed it and found good stuff i liked(mainly thanks to Yorknew arc, Killua and his relationship with Gon and Meruem), but it was nowhere as good as people hype it up. Election arc basically killed HxH and all the good about it for me

Attached: 8D101C36-825B-4D29-9C33-FAE71DBF3049.png (640x484, 362K)

On the other hand, HxH has a benefit of a new anime, while Naruto doesn't. I know a large amount of people who dropped it or couldn't get into it because of old anime problems(reaction shots, long shots, slow pacing and etc)

HxH is on a shounen magazine you brainlet

This arc was pure kino

How can you say that? I didn't like Madara at first, but Sage Madara is super cute, he makes me smile

Attached: 63610930_p14.png (800x1201, 353K)

>that map
Holy shit thats godawful world building.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SpaceFillingEmpire

Stop being a basement dweller

>Phantom Troupe >>> spiders
...excuse me?

How can you not like Madara at first? He basically raped fucking everyone during his first appearance and it was beautiful

>I look up to someone therefore I cannot surpass them
???????????????

Yes, that's why I didn't like him, because I was rooting for the good side like a fool. Also because he was a dick to coolest guy Obito. But since then I saw the error in my ways and now I proudly worship Madara as my religion

You known those tiny black insects

Attached: B364A65D-A7C4-42DC-B206-5BF67AD2FB70.png (900x791, 444K)

i want to cum inside a spider

This is a female spider user. You know what to do.

Forgot pic

Attached: C646C4AC-C442-447E-B7D5-62384CF057A6.jpg (2862x1585, 883K)

>this fucking thread
>mfw

Attached: 9AA6FD3B-871C-47E3-B236-BE0FCAF3FF47.jpg (225x350, 27K)

I hate nu Yea Forums

Attached: 1547201733010.gif (600x525, 714K)

Fellow Overlordfags, I've lost the image, please provide.
You know the one.

nu Yea Forums hates you

I love the Yea Forums archive

i love this autist

Attached: spider.jpg (700x642, 131K)

I wouldn't call Naruto a ripoff, it's def inspired tho. As much as ppl don't like to admit, Naruto start was crazy strong. HxH start was mediocre at best.

Naruto early on introduce us concept of jutsu, chakra. HxH takes like 30 episodes to bring up this. The Hunter Exam was straight up mediocre. No hype fights, interesting challenges, and Tourney fight, with little to no fighting.

Naruto took inspiration of the hunter exams, and made it 10x entertaining

cringe

>Naruto's main theme is next generation surpassing the old one
>Kishimoto surpassed Togashi by creating more successful manga
Not bad, Kishimoto.

This. I was seriously considering dropping HxH before Yorknew, and on the rewatch i still skip the majority or these episodes
Seriously, does anyone remember anything good in Heavens Arena besides Nen and Gon vs Hisoka? Because this shit was boring hot pile of garbage

>Kishimoto surpassed Togashi
proof?

Can’t believe I gonna try to start reading SnK because of you guys.

I haven't got pass 27th episode because of this

You guys should just drop it if you don't like it. Nobody forces you to watch it.

The thing is, I liked later episodes and only sticked around for so long because of how overpraised it was. But the beginning is still bad to me

If I hadn't watched the 99 version of the Hunter exams, my opinions on HxH wouldn't be so high.

The Hunter Exam was written in the late 90s and it was the first of its kind to introduce an exam arc in a shounen, ever since then a lot of other mangaka did it, like Naruto and MHA. You find it boring because you've probably seen those newer anime before HxH, but at the time it was innovative and that arc revolutionized shounen.
Heavens Arena was just an info dump arc with some fights to make it interesting, the main point of that arc was to introduce and explain the power system.
After those two arcs HxH starts to get into the real story and everyone agrees that from Yorknew its a great show.

Because Naruto was more appealing to kids so they advertised it better both in Japan and in the west which caused a boom in popularity. Most people didn't even know HxH existed until 2011 but despite most people calling it much better from a witting viewpoint (which is true)

Yorknew made me drop it because I got sick of the auction autism chapters where nothing happens, then I picked it up and dropped if once Gon left the building because fuck you Togashi a shonen should rise and die with its MC you piece of shit.

>You find it boring because you've probably seen those newer anime before HxH
No, not really. I just think it's cringy and boring, and not because of other anime i had seen, because HxH was kinda my gateway anime of the worst kind first shounen. Only after that i watched stuff like Naruto, MHA and etc

>fuck you Togashi a shonen should rise and die with its MC
No. You(and other shounen readers) should stop setting strict restrainments for the genre. It's because of such a confined views that shounens have so much problems(like editors sometimes forbidding the authors develop and write good female characters).
Some shounens even benefit when their MC is gone, look at MHA.

Oh fuck off the only reason people read shonen is because they want to see the conclusion to the MC's story and thats it. I didnt read Naruto for Sasuke or Sakura only him. I didnt read Bleach for Renji or Rukia only Ichigo. I definitely dont read One Piece because I care about what happens to people who aint Luffy. Dragon Gonads which is a steaming pile of shit in terms of writing owes it success because japs were really invested in the story of Goku thats why changing to Jobhan pissed them off in the Buu Arc.

Why did you think it was cringy and boring? The pacing during the Exam and Heavens Arena was fast and it was full of adventures, fights and good character building. You didn't get the usual "power of friendship" or "MC beats everyone becasue he got plot armor". Even from the beginning HxH is different from other shounen. It focuses a lot on strategy, like all the mind games happening during in the Tower during the Exam.

I can say for sure that this is not the case for everyone

O MY NEN PLEDGE is power of friendship faggot.

OH KAITO I ONLY JUST MET YOU BUT I LOVE YOU SO MUCH THAT MY FEELINGS CAN MAKE ME ASSPULL MYSELF TO MY PRIME LEVEL OF POWER THAT I WOULD GET IN ABOUT 16 YEARS FROM NOW SOB SOB SOB

Pretty sure this the right way “>” bro.

So you were one of those brainlet baiters all along? You wasted my time.

Attached: 1548875928172.png (524x524, 141K)

How can you bash power of friendship when thats what Gon himself did heck fucking Mereum just gives up because of his friendship with that blind jailbait.

S-STOP IT!

Attached: 1B452239-9E52-496B-BD9C-989602AD2F19.jpg (500x281, 57K)

Never heard of anyone claim Naruto ripped off hxh. Pretty sure if anything Toriko ripped off hxh. Glad its popularity nosedived off the seattle tower straight into solid concrete after the bambina arc where it became a homoerotic, ball worshiping mess.

Naruto turned into complete shit after the first third of shippuuden. So many good characters were benched and the whole manga boiled down to Naruto and Sasuke being a thousand times stronger than everyone else. I don't see how anyone older than 14 didn't get bored with all the massive powerups like 4 characters kept getting to decide the outcome of an entire war. I don't give a shit which series gets praised for having "more soul" but HxH was definitely more consistent at creating suspense and never degraded in quality as hard as Naruto did

Attached: 554d4e0721d3c4fdb619bfe14fd0720c.jpg (507x614, 67K)

Wan Piss isnt popular in the west because of its artstyle.

I could swear there was a point in the Naruto manga where he used his father's teleportation shit. What happened to that?

Naruto was heavily inspired by HxH by Kishimoto's own admission
see
JoJo and DB are the only currently running manga that have inspired more authors than HxH. Everything else can't be compared to how much HxH has changed the industry and its influence it has on new mangaka.

toriko was much more of a one piece rip off than anything else

i find it funny yorknew is praised when the writing is a fucking joke. Seriously they hot air balloon out of there and somehow instantly aren't spotted on a cloudless night? Or how the shadow beasts fucking job

There aren't boats and pirates in Toriko

One piece is considered a masterpiece in the east. One Piece is better than naturo and dbz put together and your a fucking fool if you deny this.

I found it boring because

??????? Why so defensive, it was obvious I dropped it after 27th episode in my comment. Is this what hunterfags are like?

Yes but kids in the west dont like its artstyle so it didnt get as hyped Naruto or Clorox.

A hot air balloon is smart because it doesn't make any noise and it can't be traced by electronics. They got spotted because the Spiders decided to fight the Mafia.
The Shadow beasts were there to job, what kind of subhuman brainlet was expecting anything different? They were created to show how strong the Troupe is. That was their whole point.

I actually didn't like the yorknew arc. It concentrated too much on the spiders when the only one that was semidecent was chrollo. All that I wanted was cute "adventure of the week" style fun like when gon took killua to whale island or when they were buying antiques before the auction. The world and nen were such intriguing concepts. I get that it was written by the same author as yyh, but why did it have to be so much about the fighting? Is it really so much to ask for just some bl kino? Don't even get me started on the ant arc.

their fucking loss. They don’t know what their miss in their life. Instead they read trash like naturo and average piece of work like mha

I found it pretty entertaining until togashi got lazy and decided to have Gon get knocked out so he wouldn't have to actually draw the tournament. Which is retarded because there are events outside gon's perspective that we are shown all the time, the only reason to pull that anticlimactic ending was because he was lazy.

Also the power system in heavens arena was barely a part of it. HxH's big problem is that it's just boring. Like Gon trains by just meditating piccolo style. There are genuine moments that are interesting and entertaining like the fight between him and hisoka but everything between that is really fucking uneventful. Add in togashi's little habit of having anticlimactic endings and yeah it's pretty bad

MHA is based on capeshit which worked on western kids decades ago. They see Deku like they see Spiderman or Superman.

it's a cloudless night and hundreds if not thousands of people are looking for them. There is a literal moment where they are told to "watch the skies". Again it's just lazy writing, it would have been so fucking easy to have it be a cloudy night or something else to obscure them. But he goes out of his way to show the big fucking full moon

Bleach tanked instantly in the us after the ss arc. Most randos legit think it ended after that arc.

yorknew has the shonen problem of introducing way to many characters and then not doing anything with them for the longest time. We went from the main cast of four and hisoka and a handful more in the exam, another few in heavens arena, to a shitload in yorknew. Between kurapika's team and her employers, the mob, the shadowbeasts, the main team, and then the spiders it's way too much.

look friendo I don’t give a flying poop about bleach. It’s rivalry between One Piece and naturo

personally I liked ss but felt like it jumped the shark badly. The soul society should have been the end game

No, it wasn't me, it's just some other brainlet

Attached: 4659534D-3F20-406A-AB75-774B48754C53.png (500x282, 192K)

We saw the Spiders at low altitude only when they decided to fight the Mafia. Uvo was already on the phone with Chrollo and they were making the decision to fight the mafia and show themselves. As far as we know, the balloon was way higher before descending.

>shinobi god destroys a bunch of jobbers

yes yes, very exciting stuff

Attached: 1513432130547.jpg (806x570, 54K)

The underage me found the Hueco Mundo arc exciting and the Espada as really cool.

>when the troupe is literally playing go fish while one of their teammates fights
i know it was supposed to come off cool but it just seemed stupid

The only characters I liked after that arc were hiyori and that hollow chick who followed stark.

>for all we know
don't write the story for togashi

You know, HxH is like episodic shows, but it does this with arcs
So that by the end of some arcs you just sit after yet another anticlimactic ending and ask yourself what was even the fucking point

I dislike the spiders but that was one thing I thought was cute. Gave us the feel that they were still supposed to be younger characters too imho.

toriko clearly took influence from both.
the gourmet world=the grand line/new world
komatsu=koby if he had stayed a main character

desuarchive.org/a/search/text/yorknew-hot-air-balloon/

Holy fuck this brainlet is obsessed

Attached: 1553805393446.png (262x239, 88K)

>omg how didn't the mafia's find the phantom troupe?!
>the mafia actually DID find the phantom troupe and shot down their hot air balloon

WOW

Oh yh I hate Komatsu I just remembered that.

I really liked PT during Yorknew, but what is the point of them after this arc again? They just keep either randomly showing up for fanservice and fanservice alone, jobbing and straight up being pathetic or boring.
Also other than Chrollo and Uvo, +a bit for Pakunoda and Nobunaga, they have no fucking characters at all

Same.
Better if the soul society is just one small unimportant district of a far larger other world and they were considered fairly corrupt and evil in spite of the good they were doing.

Or at least gone ahead with the SS is evil as fuck and not supposed to exist plan with urahara ichigo and uryu's dads and delicous chocolate ninja thot.

>protagonists have to decisively win the big prize every arc and dab all over everyone else for the arc ending to be good

There's really no bad arc endings in HxH besides the election arc

Read the manga. Stuck in the lower tiers, their introduction thus becomes a natural way to establish the links between this country’s upper and lower stratas of society – the spiders connect with the mafia, who are themselves connected to three of the princes. Some of the best segments of volume 36 focus on the unique relationships developing between the Spiders and the more traditional mafia, like the terrific character introduction, where a low-level mafia boss’s strength is emphasized not through physical prowess, but through the fact that he negotiates calmly and forcefully with Chrollo in spite of risking death the entire time. Other segments delight in very different ways, like the unsurprising fact that most mafia underlings are absolutely starstruck by seeing the big celebrities of their industry.

Also, the Spiders added a degree of clarity to this Arc. Like how the introduction of Kurapika being able to give others powers essentially solved the issue of Oito not being able to contribute, the Spiders reduce the many logistical sub-conflicts of the boat’s lower decks into one larger goal: a race to find Hisoka. Unsurprisingly, the same generosity of characterization that Togashi applies to the various princes’ guards also applies to the spiders – they’re depicted as intelligent, concerned for each other, and at times very funny, to the point where it seems clear Togashi’s realized they’re just too valuable as characters to be stuck playing villains. Hisoka is an elemental force who cares about no one, making him a great villain – the spiders are all charming criminals who care about each other, making them something closer to dashing rogues.

Attached: 1536094823905.jpg (561x294, 44K)

Based. The Succession War is the most complex, well thought out, multilayered, finely paced, tightly packed arc in manga.

Attached: sw-chart-390.png (6754x3726, 2.52M)

the first two arcs had bad endings

>four posts over the span of a year
>obsessed
Even if that's all him thats not obsessed user

Based.
That's a cute hinata Pic for you.

Attached: DenXsmgVAAE9bYp.jpg (750x1154, 111K)

According to your irrelevant opinion.

I don't see a problem with hunter exam ending or heavens arena ending

gon being knocked out so togashi didn't have to draw the tournament was good?

The Tournament was irrelevant. Togashi made a big ass tournament arc in YYH, go watch that if you want. The point of the tournament was to build Killua's and Gon's relationship

What the fuck is this shit? Does Togashi not realize this is supposed to be shonen?

Greed Island's ending is fucking retarded
>I designed this game to be unwinnable without convincing 12 people to lose to you on purpose
>also FUCK my son if he has friends

Every detail of how the "tournament" took place was shown and explained though

this desu, there was no reason for a tournament.

Yeah. By the end of the Zoldyck arc I was just sitting there, watching Killua just...ask and go back and thinking "well, these episodes were a huge pile of nothing"

>without convincing 12 people to lose to you on purpose
???

I can excuse Greed Island because it led into the Chimera arc, if anything I was more salty about Gon getting his hand back at the end of greed island

Attached: 1546968431956.png (591x600, 593K)

We knew about Breath of Archangel way before Gon fought Genthru

you need a team to get the card from the sports tournament, but they only give you one copy. You can't get it without convincing the rest of your team that they should lose to you

well cant be really fair to compare the sales since naruto also has exactly twice as much volumes

want to compare animation quality now senpai?

You can make 3 copies of that card and infighting among teammate was part of that event. Besides, you can just steal that card from someone who has it, like Genthru was planning. You don't really need to complete the event.

exactly we were told not shown which is a subversion

kind of like how they went to heavens arena to train and make money, killua is filthy rich, and then the game is too expensive because it costs so much that the money they gained is pointless

really subverted your expectations huh?