Did the hiatus affect Togashis writing abilities?

Did the hiatus affect Togashis writing abilities?

Attached: Hunter_x_Hunter_Succession_Contest_arc.jpg (736x1065, 199K)

Yes and No.

No in the fact that the pacing and setup of each individual chapter still feels like a weekly serial, what with cliffhanger placement and story beats

Yes in the way that togashi is able to spend alot of time plotting ahead which allows for more complex storylines like what we're getting currently with the succession war.

>implying he's not just dabbing on Shonen Jump and on whisperfags

The succession arc is by far the worst arc of series

The pleb filter worked.

The hiatus is one of the reasons why HxH is a masterpiece. If Togashi had to shit chapters each week, he wouldn't have the time to think of a great story.

I agree so far it has been a snoozefest

If you're reading HxH for epic fights and hype moments, then this manga is not for you.

it gives him more time to rip off Jojo stands and trace art

>togashi is able to spend alot of time plotting
If that was the case then there wouldn't be any asspulls

It is pretty obvious that Togashi's goal this arc was breaking that "most named characters" record rather thab writing the best arc possible. That said, all the building blocks for a good arc are there and I expect things like Benjamin's men joining Kurapika later on to be fantastic.

It is just that there is a lot of literal filler thrown in for muh record. Togashi has been doing little but introducing plotlines and characters for over 30 chapters with only one really being resolved so far.

Many characters will die, only a few will survive. There will be one King and one mafia faction left standing. Oh I'm so afraid.

It's still kino

>Warm-up arc to Dark Continent will take about a decade
>Dark continent is several times larger than the landmass humans currently live on
>Togashi living to realize even a fraction of the potential that he could've

I wonder about that, the DC is so gigantic and all the calamities are far apart, so how will he ever show us all of them

>writing abilities

People with appropriate nen abilities, Beyond has been preparing for half a century, he must have recruited nen users that facilitate travel over long distances

Theres been some slow moments but I think it's been exciting with multiple interesting characters and sub plots. I like Kura but he somehow always gets a mostly boring cast to interact with. I'm enjoying him though, the prince sub plots, the troupe adventures, and the mafias pov too

He won't show us all of them. We'll probably only see two and a new one.

there was already another HxH thread in the catalog when you made this thread

also Togashi's writing is as good / better than ever but his release schedule is the absolute worst it's ever been to the point where it feels like he really doesn't spend much time on HxH and only works on it when he feels compelled to put out 10 chapters. I know all the free time that other mangaka aren't afforded by WSJ isn't wasted by and it only helps Togashi refine his material and make better arcs than most mangaka but, it really does feel like Togashi could work a bit harder to put out more chapters if he wanted to. Either way I cant complain about the release schedule and how Togashi chooses to live his life with his family in mind and it's probably hard to resist living comfortably with all the money and success Togashi (and his wife) have garnered. So diehard fans are stuck in a very shitty position but there's really no one to blame and waiting so long just for 10 chapters just sucks

Attached: hiro.gif (457x640, 127K)

Maybe but HxH lost a lot of potential because of the many long hiatuses Togashi took. Imagine the number of chapters and arcs we could have if Togashi didn't take to much hiatus.

>The hiatus is one of the reasons why HxH is a masterpiece.
>The hiatus
>one of the reasons why HxH is a masterpiece.
Hahahahahahahhahahha Wahahahahahahahahha Bahahahahhahahaa Moehahahahahahahahahh

Attached: hisoka laugh.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

>but there's really no one to blame
of course there is togahsi and his ridiculous use of hiatus and releasing only 10 chapters a year.

Found the SaleSale-spammer

He could have ended the manga at chapter 340 but continued anyways. Still 50 chapters in like 7 years is kind of pitiful but Togashi definitely hasn't lost his touch

>If you're reading HxH for epic fights and hype moments, then this manga is not for you.
Hunter Exam is full of action. Greed Island is full of action. Chimera Ants is full of action. Even YS has action. It's 90% an action series. Are you kidding me?!

Its fucking dumb to diss this current arc since he’s setting up a thousand pieces to clash. All the prince’s abilities, all their nen beasts, all the assassins which have yet to pop off, silent majority, theta’s fate, the spiders, the mafia, hisoka and so on.
This is the build up, and a bunch of shit has already happened.

>He could have ended the manga at chapter 340 but continued anyways.
so? so fucking what nigga? he could also stopped at 340 you know? 50 chapters in 7 years is fucking pathetic and ridiculous! i hope he dies a painfull death but not before he suffers of some back injury

hunter x hunter should be renamed to hiatus x hiatus or better yet; homo x homo

fuck this shit

No it isn't, HxH has literally basically no action. Action series are for brainlets, why do you think HxH is as acclaimed as it is?

When have you ever heard of action shitshows like DBZ, Naruto or One Piece being regarded as decent series?

HxH is a dialectic masterpiece, there was no action pretty much nowhere in this series. That's why shonenfags always complain about how slow paced it is and how there's no fights.

>has literally basically no action
What?

Togashi has always been a hack dude, don't get upset now. I don't care about the hiatus the real problem here is that the series will never end, that's it.

As you say the hiatus are getting longer and longer and he's only going to lazier and lazier with age, so HxH will suffer the fate of being left unfinished, something Togashi himself is very aware of and has pretty much admitted it's going to happen.

He definitely should have ended on 339, that was the perfect ending. I'll never forgive myself for not having drop the manga right there.

How do you deal with the fact tha Togashi’s going to die or retire before they even make it to the fake continent?

It has action,sure, but if you're unironically reading it for the action then you should just read shit like One Piece & BnHA

Gon vs Hisoka, Kurapika vs Uvo, Zoldycks vs Chrollo, final stretch of Yorkshin arc, dodgeball with razor, Gon vs Genthru, bunch of scattered chimera ant fights, Pitou chopping kites arm off and killua running away with Gon, Gon fighting Knuckle, Phantom Troupe vs chimera ants, more ant fights with Knuckle/Morel and Gon/Killua, entire palace invasion and the many scattered encounters, Netero vs Meruem and Gon-san / Pitou, few fights / chase scenes in the election arc, namely Hisoka vs the butler, Hisoka vs Chrollo, and there's still many other exciting moments in the series that I didn't bring up, mainly a bunch of shit from the hunter exam / battle tower arc

Attached: 1540014976440.jpg (500x9491, 2.42M)

>Togashi has always been a hack dude
that i know already and im not upset, im pissed right now.

>I don't care about the hiatus the real problem here is that the series will never end, that's it.
but i do, the hiatus is the cause of all of this and i hate fucking waiting. the real problem is he takes to long to release the chapters and he drops like what? 10 fucking chapters, that's it.

>As you say the hiatus are getting longer and longer and he's only going to lazier and lazier with age
from 6 to 12+ months and only for 10 pathetic chapters from average to okay. dumb gook already that fucking lazy and his back problems not helping any further.

>so HxH will suffer the fate of being left unfinished,
i fucking hope not for his and our fucking sake.

>something Togashi himself is very aware of and has pretty much admitted it's going to happen.
hackashi can fuck himself and die of cancer i hope, fucking hell he deserves to be nuked along with his assistants and his whore lesbian wife

>He definitely should have ended on 339,
fucking this!
>that was the perfect ending.
not really it would be lazy ending

> I'll never forgive myself for not having drop the manga right there
who fucking cares, fuck off nigger

>the hiatus
Which one?

You've been posting a lot of trash the past few days with that name and it seems like you're very tsundere with HxH, how many hiatuses have you sat through or did you just watch 2011 this year

>how many hiatuses have you sat through
more than fucking enoug!
>did you just watch 2011 this year
i watched hxh 2,5 years ago

Hunterfags know less about the series then those who shit on it lmao

Up untill CA there had only been 7 SHORT fights in the entire series. There are single volumes of DB, Naruto and OP that have 7 fights in it.

The second half of CA, the Palace Invasion, only had 2 fights. In the last 100 chapters there's only been 2 fights worth only 7 chapters. 7 chapters... fights in retarded action series last for volumes.

There's no major fighting in HxH, we Hunterchads laugh at action series and it's pathetic manchildren fans.

Only shitty written conflict can be solved with fighting, that's why shonen are not taken seriously, action is not a legitimate way to tell adult, realistic stories.

I agree with user that been a snooze fest, but more in the sense i cannot give a literal fuck to any of the princes except for maybe tse only because Kurapica is involved with him.

You're a pathetic retard, still fussing about this. 339 was the perfect ending, it's a fact, right after CA there was never nothing more to the series.

>339
>right after CA
But that was 31 chapters after CA, retard. Literally as long as Kurapika has been on the boat.

LMAO what a Noob!! 2.5 years ago?? Lololol, bitch, real Hunterchads have been sitting through hiatuses since 2006!. You only discovered this shit 2 years ago and are crying because it's too hard for you? Gtfo to watch One Piece.

eat shit and suck my cock your an incel and therefore part of the little people. 339 was the right ending but not the perfect one you disloyal she-man creature asshole.

> it's a fact,
you little punk ass bitch, who the fuck are you to decide its a fact?
>right after CA there was never nothing more to the series.
there could have been more but yeah it was garbage and full of hack like O MY GENIE SISTER WITH UNLIMITED WISHES FOR FREE!

The election is only 20 chapters long, is the shortest arc in the series along with HA not counting Zoldyck Estate.

Says the pathetic who only discovered HxH in 2017. I bet you had watched Naruto before hahaha.

>When have you ever heard of One Piece being regarded as decent series?
Really now. Personal opinions aside. Come on.

Attached: 1535115704922.png (690x968, 900K)

I don't care either much for them but that's usually the case with HxH. Like in Yorknew i literally couldn't care about any of the characters, Kurapika is generic and almost as bad as Gon and the spiders are shit one dimensional characters for the most part. It was still an interesting conflict.

Can't lose what you never had

I mean it isn't, it really isn't an acclaimed series. I mean yeah for a nekketsu it might be a decent series, but in that case it's basically like YYH. It's not Vagabond or 20th Century Boys.

To answer this, yes. If you aren't constantly improving your writing and consistently taking long breaks, that's a recipe for a negative effect on your writing abilities.

LMAO wat a stupid little nigger you are with badreading comprehension of a pajeet! 2,5 years ago that i watched hxh anime 2011 you blind stupid goat ! 2,5 years ago i finished the anime you whore monkey! kek xd lmao,clown, hunterchads?! more like hunterkeks or whisperfags wahahaha waiting since 2006 for your lazy gook master to finish hxh like a good cuckboi, lmao at your worthless lives.

fuck hiatus
fuck togahsi
fuck this shit
fuck you

Shit taste

It's literally acclaimed and I think you have spent too long on Yea Forums if you actually believe otherwise.

It's not like that. The writing of course has declined, that shitfest Chrollo vs Hisoka really affected the quality of the series, it pretty much ruined it for me.

But it's not like he wants to write something good and he can't, he's not even trying like in HA and G.I.

He just wants to break that record because he is bored, HxH is just a hobby for him. HxH has always been nothing more than an act of pure self-indulgence, for better and for worse.

It's only shit when Kurapika is involved. All the stuff with the family, the Spiders, and the gangs are far more interesting

june 2016 you whitetrash poop eating homo. i read hxh manga way before 2016.
>I bet you had watched Naruto before hahaha.
no i watched mha and attack of the titans before that whahahah.

It literally isn't, if you believe that you have spent too much time in the OP bubble. Like Naruto fans were back in 2009 thinking their manga was the best thing ever.

You just named all 20 fights in the entire manga. Including the ones that are five pages long.

Not going to be like the retard arguing that HxH is not an action manga, because conflicts are often solved with action scenes, but these 32 chapters we spent without any action (390 did have action, if you count Spiders vs CAs as action) are barely stretching things beyond the ordinary.
There have been plenty of times where we didn't get a fight for 20 chapters or so and Zoldyck Family was an arc with no action whatsover.

HxH IS less than 10% action in every arc outside of Chimera Ants and we always spend at least three times more time on infodumps than on action.

I was just pointing out the many moments of action in HxH. Yeah the action doesn't fill up half an arc like other shonen but, the action in HxH is usually short and sweet, like Gon vs Hisoka, Gon vs Genthu, and Meruem vs Netero are all great well designed fights but each of those fights is only like 20 minutes compared to the hours of fighting in other series. Yes HxH is more story and character driven but it still has great action in it and the action that's there is very well placed and almost necessary. There's plenty of excitement in HxH besides the fights but the fights only add to the excitement, meanwhile in other shonen the action / fighting is almost always the only excitement in the series and there's so much of it that it grows boring. Like sit through the War arc in Naruto and there's so much action and power level shit going that it gets tiresome and you still like the series but crave something more

Attached: e57xx.png (710x400, 538K)

Lmao those series are as bad as Naruto and you just admitted you have shit taste.

What definition are you even operating on, then? You can't just say "oh, well One Piece has won all kinds of awards and set new records, but that doesn't mean it's acclaimed" while also saying "Hunter x Hunter is acclaimed". Explain yourself clearly.

shut your dumb trap uglyface, mha is average but better than naturo and attack of the titans is a masterpiece. the only shitface cum slurping being with a pleb taste is you, snk bad my fucking ass friendo. bleach is my one of favorite imao

No it doesn't, fighting is always dumb to me it doesn't matter if it's strategic or not. Even Naruto had strategic fights, fights are never a problem in HxH because there are only a few and they don't last.

The fights add nothing to the series to me, i don't find fights stimulating at all or any excitementin them, if they do so for you it boils down to a matter of personal preference.

But I'm at least content knowing that in the next 100 chapters at most there might be 3-4 fights in the worst case scenario, mind you, 3 or 4 very short fights, so I'm goint to be bothered because this series will be nothing more than people talking, thinking, and narrating, as it's always been.

next you ganna say hxh is seinen am i correct?

You're stupid and contradicting yourself. You agree that HxH isn't an action manga saying it's less than 10% action every arc but then say you don't agree with the notion it isn't an action manga? Lol.

What other definition is there? OP has set new records, yeah i mean it's the biggest selling manga ever, no surprise. That's just sales.

You literally admitted liking MHA and claimed thay AOT is a masterpiece... you're embarrassing yourself so hard.

Awards too. And its own amusement park and entire brick and mortar stores that sell nothing but merch for it.

>Its fucking dumb to diss this current arc since he’s setting up a thousand pieces to clash.
That's the problem. It's just setting. I understand and agree that in the future everything will serve something, but, right now, it's not but boring. A good series has to be fun always. If I need to wait 100 chapters to achieve this, then there is something wrong. Togashi has talent, but he needs an editor to contain his ego.

you cant read can you blind little baffoon. i said mha is average but yes AOT is a masterpiece.next time try dont read to fast ya hear fucking spic. disgrace to the infamous whisperfags

enjoy your haitus

>mha is average but yes AOT is a masterpiece

Attached: 1506182739885.png (269x313, 39K)

Action is still pivotal to conflict resolution most of the time and even when there is no action, action is often implied, is being set up, or is a threat the characters are avoiding.

So HunterxHunter should still be considered an action series. Even if I can't really think of anything else that really takes this approach to fights where there is 4 times more build up to a fight scene than the duration of the fight scene.

What about Meruem vs Netero, Pitou vs Gon, or Hisoka vs Chrollo? Those are all fights that actually add something to the characters and the story and aren't just mindless violence. IDK about you but I was on the edge of my seat watching Meruem vs Netero for the first time and how well it played into the story

The Hisoka from 1999 sounds like a frog.

>name MC Gon
>remove him from the series
>he’s gone
Sasuga, Togashi

And what does an amusement park and merch stores are worth for?

Fun series are for retards. Acclaimed series aren't fun. Breaking Bad, The Wire are not fun, jees.

The structure of this arc hasn't really been suited for too much action so far. Ofcourse a lot of us still believe this arc is in the "calm before the storm" phase with all characters and angles Togashi's playing but it's not like fights and conflict aren't going to happen. Hisoka vs Chrollo was 7 or 8 chapters of fighting (and infodumps) so it's not like the manga hasn't had any action recently, in the sense that it's only been 30some chapters since a major fight happened, even if it's been like 2 and a half years

There's no action in the last act of YN, just people talking and thinking, same as CA just add all the narration. The same can be said about all the arcs but G.I., which is of course the worse of the series. There's barely no action and none of its major conflicts are solved through fighting, like you know all action series do, even the well written ones like FMA.

Fights don't add anything to the characters, not in well written series. Chrollo vs Hisoka shit on the series big time at the end and Gon never even fought Pitou.

That's always the case with HxH, that's why there's never many fights. There aren't going to be many fights in this arc if any, it's all going to unravel through diplomacy, subterfuge and indirect means as that's the theme of the arc. This is a politics arcs, it's ridiculous to even think there's going to be signficant action or chaos down the road.

At most 3 or 4 fights in the next 100 chapters, which is line for HxH.

>A good series has to be fun always

That's pretty childish thinking. Even bigger more world renowned / award winning series than HxH like Lord of the Rings had a lot of waiting and build-up just for the big payoffs. Then you go to The Hobbit movies that tried to be "fun always" and they got shit reviews and faded from peoples memory while Lord of the Rings still kept its legendary status. Same goes for shit like Star Wars where there was plenty of planning and waiting for action in the original trilogy and then every other movie made after was trying to be "fun" and action packed constantly

HxH has always been about build-ups and massive pay offs but if you look in between the build up and payoffs there's always been a lot of other shit going on each arc besides the election arc

"Gon vs Pitou" isn't really a fight but how do you even phrase what that conflict was besides just saying "vs" for the sake of it being the most common thing you'd call that encounter

You're comparing a serialized manga(with an AWFUL release schedule) to a novel.

The Two Towers might have some slow bits(I actually don't think LoTR is slow paced at all but whatever), but I get all the chapters when I open the book.

I get a chapter of Hunter x Hunter when the stars align and Togashi's cancer goes into it's yearly remission.

I watched the anime somewhat recently (within the past couple years) and I really liked it, so I started to read the manga as well. I got to this newest arc, the boat arc, and I'm not a fan of this at all. The paragraphs of family politics and following the family is just so uninteresting to me. Am I just autistic or is this a somewhat shared opinion?

It's an unfortunate fact of fantasy that once you get on a boat you're going to be there for a disproportionate amount of time.

Berserk fell victim to it, Hunter x Hunter fell victim to it.

But Eichiro Oda found a workaround, by making an ENTIRE MANGA about a boat.

Attached: boatber.jpg (262x192, 12K)

Well yeah, I kind of assumed the arc would play out that way too and don't see any problems with that. Still, even if there were to be 1-2 major fights and a few "medium" fights that's still way more than enough fighting, but I do except there to be a bunch of minor skirmishes too. Either way this is still all conjecture

>hisoka tricking the troupe to stay in yorkshin with the fortunes
>kurapika and pals plotting and trying to capture pakunoda
>gon and killua getting caught again
>the plan and on the spot thinking to shut off the lights in the lobby
>kurapika capturing chrollo and the troupe's internal conflicts
>hisoka vs chrollo fakeout

It might not have been action packed but it was incredibly suspenseful and IMO suspense is as good if not better than action

>You're comparing a serialized manga(with an AWFUL release schedule) to a novel.

Who cares, HxH may be in a shonen magazine but there's nothing like HxH that's ever been published in WSJ. The only reason he stays with Shonen is because they've had a good relationship with eachother for like 30 years, even Togashi had that interview last year that said something like "shonen jump is a playground I never want to leave".

I'm pretty sure his lack of writing ability affected his writing ability.

You'd probably think it's one of the best arcs ever if it was actually completed and animated already. It's easy to breeze through 2011 and not know / forget that is took 8 years for the Chimera Arc to finish in the anime. Imagine judging the entirety of the Chimera arc after only watching 15 episodes

Yes and suspense/noir thrillers aren't action series. My point stands, there's no action there, just people talking and thinking.

Jesus fuck I felt Chimera Arc was long but I guess I never really thought about it. With that in mind, I guess I'll be patient and keep reading

For faggot that is always on vacation you'd think he would've create more efficiently ways relay new information to the audience than boring as info dumps and constantly drawing of characters from the shoulders up.

>Who cares, HxH may be in a shonen magazine but there's nothing like HxH that's ever been published in WSJ. The only reason he stays with Shonen is because they've had a good relationship with eachother for like 30 years, even Togashi had that interview last year that said something like "shonen jump is a playground I never want to leave".

Nigga I wasn't saying that as a dig against manga, I'm just saying that in Lord of the Rings slow pacing isn't as much of an issue because the three novels were released within the span of two years.

I don't give a shit about how "mature" you think Hunter x Hunter is or what genre it TRULY belongs to you autistic sperg, I'm saying that you can't compare its pacing to Lord of the Rings because Lord of the Rings pacing was much, much, MUCH faster than Hunter X Hunter. The books were published in 1954 and 1955.

Of course, it probably took Tolkein a whole lot of time to make Lord of the Rings, but that's the advantage of novels. The entire story is available to the reader at once, even if it took the author a lot of time to create. No bullshit drama where you follow the author's life and his politics and make a god out of the man while he's still alive.

I used to admire serialization but honestly perhaps it was a mistake.

It's a shitty deal mate, HxH is a catch 22 and if you actually like it then you're going to be waiting years for any payoff. It's best to just try keeping HxH in the back of your mind and focus more on your life/occupation outside of it. No one has any clue how this arc will be 30-40 chapters from now but maybe we'll get past the "explaining every detail and nen ability / motivation of all hundred characters" and actually be in a spot where there's less exposition and more excitement

Attached: 8677861.png (351x404, 249K)

Imagine spending years on an arc that is about Kurapika's autism.

>I used to admire serialization but honestly perhaps it was a mistake

I mean, look at most series that go on longer than a couple hundred chapters. Yeah LotR released in a year and was only around 9 hours worth of material on the big screen and God knows how long it took for Tolkein to write it all but, look at the run time of 2011 and add however many hours of screen time it would take to adapt the last 50 chapters

>I don't give a shit about how "mature" you think Hunter x Hunter is or what genre it TRULY belongs to you autistic sperg

I never called HxH mature or brought up what genre I think HxH belongs to, I only said it's published in shonen magazines and I don't even think WSJ is a genre, people publish all sorts of different shit in there

>no reply
kek

Why would he do that when he likes that and the HxH fans as well like to read it like that. The most important quality about HxH is the dialogue.

>Should I finally finish the Phantom Troupe storyline after all these decades?
>Nah
He was always shit

GTFO to One Piece threads if you want excitement, you'll never get that in a slow-burn, philosophical contemplation of the scope of HxH.

It's not even entertaining autism like we seen in Yorkshin he's just the fucking tard wangling the nobodys for a billion chapters so they don't kill eachother.

That was finished in YN. His biggest mistake was to have the spiders in this arc, they are uninteresting characters that bring nothing to the plot. That's his biggest mistake, what's dragging this arc down the stupid spiders and the stupid clown, it's honestly embarrassing.

>HxH has never been exciting before

Then what's the point in having Kurapika as the protagonist of this arc? His entire character and motivation is centered around the Spiders.

Nah man, it's cool. They may have genocided my people for a quick buck but I killed like 2 of them so I called it even.

What are you high? Spiders and the clown make up around 15% of the arc runtime so far and hasn't even intersected any of the other major conflicts so if anything is dragging down this arc the boring ass succession war which is has been a whole lot of nothing so far.

2011 babby

By "fun" I didn't mean goofy or made for laughs. I meant something emotionally resonant.
Your examples are not series. See Yeah, you're just a fanboy.

Look at how shiity DBZ or Naruto got as they continued. I've read and watched both multiple times and they both turned sour in their final arcs. HxH hasn't really reached the point of being shit except for the election arc and then bouncing back with this current arc.
>You're just a fanboy
I am a fan of the series and believe it's a more interesting / better series than I've ever read in WSJ

If you didn't have an argument you shouldn't responded faggot.

>WSJ
i mean no shit it's weekly shonen jump. Nothing in WSJ is written well

My point was that other WSJ series can stay good for a long time and turn to shit in their final arcs and never recover. I mentioned DBZ and Naruto but I completely forgot Bleach and I'll never touch One Piece at this point so I cant judge it. HxH is a series that hasn't turned to complete shit yet and actually recovered from the short and shit arc that was the election arc. I'd really like to judge One Piece but I'm not about to read 1000 chapters of what I already know is typical shonen shit even if it does have a few good arcs

>jump almost got snk but he refused to make significant changes to appeal to their younger audiences
we lucked out

>Who cares, HxH may be in a shonen magazine but there's nothing like HxH that's ever been published in WSJ.
I'm guessing you're referring to election arc because everything else is the most generic, mediocre shit you see everywhere in shounen

Hey, if you feel that way it's okay my friend, go enjoy whatever other series you enjoy and I wish you a happy and prosperous life

why is this fanbase filled with so many faggots

Attached: Kalluto3.jpg (627x480, 31K)

>about a decade
He draws about 10 chapters per year, it would take much more than a decade.

No it isn't, he's just a vessel for the narrative like Gon. He has nothing to do with the spiders anymore and he will never encounter them before.

since togashi's favorite film is Alien, in what way did it influence hunter x hunter?

It already is indirect with the mafia war going on. Boring ass spiders and clown better leave the boat asap and don't interact wih anyone on the first floor, otherwise HxH will fall to Naruto's level.

How if fun a synonym of emotional depth/resonance?

Naruto and DBZ were always generic shit, they were never good, adult entertainment.

Because shonenfags got into the series when the 2nd adaptation came about. They thought it was going to be a series aimed at retards like Naruto or OP because it looks like those retarded series.

>half of every new chapter is a recap of the previous batch of chapters
Must have, either he went full retarded or he plain think everyone else is retarded, because good lord, the writing on this arc fucking sucks.

Friendly reminder that Kuracucka is a gayer version of Sasuke and his powers are an absolute borefest, even worse when he's facing the spiders as seen in his absolutely cancerous fight versus Uvo where the victory was decided by a stupid ''you are already dead'' situation. FUCK Kurapika

you don't know the definitions of the words you're using my man, of course people don't feel like replying to such a retard

They both had their moments but cant really compare them to HxH, hell, Gokue vs Frieza was like a 100 chapter/30 episode fight or something. So much fighting during that encounter that it became dull but everything after it became power-level only shit way too hard

You sound like a bitchy contrarian who's pissed that the entertaining characters will completely steal the spotlight from your dullass bureaucrats whose wastes over 30 chapters droning about fuck all the moment they reacted the upper deck. So continue fisting yourself to uninteresting shit like the hand gestures the princes make to give away their nen category like the over compensating for your small nigger brain faggot you truly are.

>Oh shit. How long have I been asleep? 7 months?! Damn! Better get started on writing Hunter x Hun-Wait... Did you say that the Hero from Dragon Quest is gonna be in Smash? Well, I guess my fans won't mind waiting another year. Heh heh heh.

Attached: Togashi writing another exciting chapter of Hunter x Hunter.jpg (475x278, 21K)

god chadgashi so fucking based

>Hunterfags are straight up eating there own
keep it going desu, this actually way more interesting than the console war shit you fags normally do.

I was wondering whether the 2011 ending was filler or not, after reading chapter 339 yeah that does seem like the perfect spot to end the series and consider it a more or less finished story.

Of course not. Togashit just can’t write for shit.

Pathetic, the spiders and Hisoka are retarded uninteresting characters, meanwhile the princes and bodyguards have fleshed out psyques. The spiders are one dimensional and bring nothing to the series, meanwhile the succession war contains subversive social commentary on government.

The manga has spent more time on Rihan's monologues than any spider, lol.

I just want to fuck slutty traps like Kalluto and Kurapika. Too bad everyone else likes to choke on cocks for some reason.

kurapika doesnt have autism you dumb autistic crazy loon. or are you calling his need for revenge autism?i know what you would do when your family got massacred or your slut sister got raped, you would have done nothing except crying acting like a moralfag and whine further on 4channel like the pathetic bitch you are

>Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings is fucking boring and cringy, both the film and the book tolkien is orc hybride faggot

i like reading big posts like these

please kys autistic nigger

what about AOT and mha? theire fun and enjoyable to read

ey homo you do know that kurapica and kalluto are boys right ? no traps et tranny shit eh

more like less finished story and a lazy ending for hxh

>Fights don't add anything to the characters, not in well written series.
Off yourself retard

>the spiders and Hisoka are retarded uninteresting characters, meanwhile the princes and bodyguards have fleshed out psyques.
The overwhelmingly majority of the princes and bodyguards are cookie cutting arches that lounge about digging in their asses just a sniff of their fingers while a handful of characters actually do shit to shape the story you easily impressed nigger.
>The spiders are one dimensional and bring nothing to the series
Being faggot contrarian who hates entertaining character dynamics doesn't make interesting.
>meanwhile the succession war contains subversive social commentary on government.
You dumb bitch there's barely been anything shown about Kakin's government structure,nor the Geopolitical climate as a whole much less any thing perpetrate enough to label it subversive commentary of one.
>The manga has spent more time on Rihan's monologues than any spider
long page with many writings made you do big laugh, we get it.
>lol
figures that it's a covert redditor that's been shitting up this thread.

Attached: 72384035_p22_master1200.jpg (494x700, 111K)

I want Gon back

Traps aren't gay. Togashit's wisdom is the truth you faggot.

Faggot

He's one of the least interesting characters in the show, i can positively correlate the series getting progressively better as Gon is given less and less attention, the Chimera Ant arc being an exception. His interactions with Killua and the fact that Killua is often in the same "scenes" as him make him more bearable but that's about it.

Oda does it even better. Even in weekly hell. HxH can never reach pre timekip OP tier. Furthermore Wano 3 arcs are wano are going to be as good as pretimekip OP . Probably even better

>Furthermore Wano 3 arcs are wano are going to be as good
Never let me catch you talk about Hunter x Hunter again you subhuman braindead piece of trash

Attached: 1558214532464.jpg (887x905, 182K)

Probably, though the way some pages are drawn makes me think that he could have a steadier output of chapters without sacrificing plot, it's obvious some panels are rushed even with months between each chapter and it's pretty frustrating to notice.

*Furthermore the 3 arcs after wano are going to be as good as pretimeskip OP
Better? You guys are way too butthurt and have way too much free time. Keep on rewatching/rereading for the next 30 years.

*I am going to kms

>fpbp
Going back and reading the available volumes for the Succession War it's a smooth read from start to the current stopping point. Regardless of there sometimes being 6 months between releases.

And at least relative to other WSJ stories the succession war does have a lot of moving parts. I'm sure if I root around I'll find comparable works but at the moment it's the only manga in that magazine that I can think of doing this much and doing it in a way that doesn't fall on it's face and actually keeps me engaged. A couple of hiccups aside it's a great arc.

Aside from that the thread has long since devolved into the usual shitflinging. New chapters can't come soon enough

Attached: 1539832727128.png (1404x1360, 532K)

Hey you saved my Tserriednich King pic!

Nigga you say that as if you actually have say so in whether you have to wait for HxH or not, and you're sure as fuck not any better than other fans for being a docile little bitch about Togashit laughing behind your back as he spends his millions and throws you pity chapters whenever the fuck he feels like it, cuck.

When is this trainwreck coming back?