Earth is unrecognizable and everyone they know is dead

>earth is unrecognizable and everyone they know is dead

the FUCK kind of a happy ending is this

Attached: welcome back.jpg (550x310, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iojtzzWl51E
youtube.com/watch?v=AqGQmxNScH0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>travel so far in the future that it's doubtful human life still even exists, and certainly know one would know you are still out there
>turns out human life is prospering and they've been expectantly waiting for this very moment to welcome you home

they literally saved the humanity, why the humans wouldn't worship them forever?

Will this ever be surpassed as an emotional anime ending?
When the music swells and the earth lits up I’m just so incredibly happy for them.

you didn't watch Diebuster right?
they are gonna be fine, they are in good hands

Attached: nope.png (960x540, 272K)

We don't know whit about what happened to humanity 12,000 years ago, and we even went through 2 extinction level events (that we know) yet we are still here, god knows what will happen in the next 12,000 years

I bet some rich fuck in the future wants to buy them so that he can fulfill his fetish of fucking people from previous centuries.

It's a bittersweet ending. Sure, the people Noriko and Kazumi knew are all dead, but they got to live a happy life thanks to their sacrifice, and humanity as a whole survived.

Attached: 1550578107482.jpg (1436x808, 159K)

who said it was a "happy" ending?
it was poignant, powerful, and moving, sure, but not happy
at best bittersweet until diebuster doubles down on it

it's nearly impossible to top
to borrow the parlance of modern times, the entire monochromatic final episode is pure kino

>kino
Fuck I hate that word but you are right

Interestingly the ending of Gunbuster made me feel a bit sad but in a hopeful way. Diebuster's ending is where the waterworks started coming in

Which anime is this?

Evangelion Rebuild 4.0

lurk moar

Attached: 63777313_p0.jpg (2101x4300, 2.22M)

because worshiping them doesnt do shit

Attached: welcome home.webm (476x358, 2.76M)

it's a disservice to post that scene without any audio

and its an even greater disservice to not have the audio ingrained into your memory

Attached: 1265949919708.jpg (590x828, 111K)

>and the credits roll
>and the color slowly bleeds back
>the earth and the orbital ring glitters in the sunlight
FUCK why is it so moving lads?

what makes you think I didn't hear it playing while I watched?
for brainlets/newfriends:
youtube.com/watch?v=iojtzzWl51E
youtube.com/watch?v=AqGQmxNScH0

Attached: 111292659932808.png (473x500, 85K)

I cannot be the only one who had monstrous existential anxiety when watching this for the first time. Those scenes with post-time dilation Kimiko and her daughter had me feeling something awful that I couldn't articulate.

Attached: hhh.jpg (500x404, 24K)

that feeling gets both worse and more common as you get older
good luck, user

Yeah
This whole show was incredibly angsty and depressing with scenes like SUMISUU and opening the bridge of her father’s ship.
Maybe that’s why the ending hits so hard.
>coach getting space aids didn’t even phase me
Am I the only one who really liked the elevator scene where some guy just argues for humans to go extinct?