Why are anime characters so much more mature looking for their age...

Why are anime characters so much more mature looking for their age? They always seem to look 10 years older than their stated age.
For example: Yami is canonically 28 in the Black Clover series, yet he looks like a middle aged man in his late 30s.

Attached: file.png (474x266, 212K)

This is a 40 year-old man.

Attached: CBBE3CE6-460C-4C86-8F56-D2CD6A646D8A.jpg (780x1200, 253K)

Suzukaze Aoba is 21 years old and looks like a JC.

This is a fucking 15 years old.

Attached: 3ac.png (728x1048, 696K)

yuck i hate jojo art so much its like they tried to mesh the style of western comics with anime, truly an abomination

Because Japan thinks the rest of the world ages just like them

Because they want their cake and to eat it too.
Nobody wants a literal old man but they do want the appeal of a grizzled older guy. 40 on paper just sounds unattractive even if in reality it looks good.
Same with , most actual 15 year olds are just weaselly looking manlets.
Also style.

And this little girl is 18.

Attached: Konata-san.gif (274x537, 24K)

Attached: same age.jpg (960x362, 73K)

By far the best artsyle in modern manga and it's not even close. No other author has a style that is as realistic, detailed but still distinguishable. Just to show how shit your taste is post what you consider a good and unique artstyle.

Attached: fb56d0437fac179eeae13496b0966c3c.png (616x548, 522K)

>𝐀𝐬 𝐢𝐟 𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫.
My bad, I've seen late 30s lolis, 400 year old baras and 3000 years old shotas, not to mention 300 year old cakes. I didn't mean to offend you.

>looks like she's in her mid-twenties
>has a teenage daughter

Attached: Lusamine.png (558x1280, 378K)

he literally just mixed regular western comics bodies and clothes with anime faces and hair

Post-2010 it's more common to look 10 years younger than their stated age.

but black clover IS post 2010 and they look OLDER than their stated age

only in moeblob SoL they look younger

He didn't, Araki has much much thicker lines, and focuses has more straight lines where as comic books characters almost always have curved features and look more round. He also places much more focus on the mouth and large eyes than comic book characters that express much more with eyebrows. To top it off he has much more linear shading, comic books always use programs and gradual shadows where Araki is more classic japanese. As for the clothes I dare you to find one western char who dresses like the part 5 cast.

Attached: latest-3790[1].jpg (760x760, 382K)

>anime face
more realistic than comic 'artists'

both of u are so delusional. literally just swap pic related with anime hair and face. then add some cute pattern on his clothes, and you got jojo

Attached: western comics.png (273x380, 302K)

its similar to the way that you're making stupid fucking threads because you've watched 3 netflix anime but are actually a borderline underaged newfag.

Depends on the style of the source material and on the genre of the series. These girls are in high school but they look like 10.

Attached: uUVEEF.jpg (1920x1080, 314K)

im 24. i go to pharmacy school. i lift weights. just try to attack me. im young im educated and im successful. what do you do?

East Asians have neotenous features IRL. Or maybe it is done for the sake of cool factor.

I wanna know just how much of her disposable income and times goes into maintaining that hairstyle.

The worst part though is that (depending on the artstyle) they give everybody long legs which gives the impression of them being 10cm+ taller than they actually are. Bonus point if they have BMIs of 18.5 and below (under 50kg for the girls usually).

Are you blind?

no. kys.

Attached: ambiguous.png (358x492, 266K)

>small eyes, curved chin and jaw, no hand drawn shading.
Also that is a Morrisey the actual person so his features are made more distinct because that's how you draw real life peoples likeness in comics

Attached: Action-Comics-419-Brooklyn-Comic-Shop.jpg[1].jpg (1422x2059, 1.45M)

male characters in manga targeted at the female demographic don't look neotenous at all, they're always lanklets

probably because most asian chicks have preference for gaijin dick

and he is gone