What's so good about eva?

what's so good about eva?

Attached: cringe.gif (498x366, 327K)

The director.

>what's so good about eva?

Attached: [Sephirotic] Evangelion - 01 [MULTI][BD 1080p 8bits 5.1 AAC][6B1607E9].mkv_snapshot_04.04_[2016.10.0 (1440x1080, 802K)

Just watch it and see. Also checked.

Everything

Similar to Star Wars in that it draws from various earlier sources but still does something new and interesting

lol

lamo

You know, I used to hate on the original ending, but after going through the Evangelion 2 lore and EoE again, it has earned my respect. Heck, even the barebones art style from supposed budget issues fits the internal psychotic struggles of Shinji et. al. quite well. Now we wait for Anno to get off his ass with 4.0

Attached: Woke Abe.png (429x509, 408K)

>lore
Lol.

Nothing

And that's why it's good

Sorry, "canon"? I don't know what terminology is applicable, it's the only anime that I've ever watched.

That's a bad take user

I appreciate your honesty, sorry.

Based

>canon
Colder.

Attached: 1536153046176.jpg (279x298, 12K)

Shit that tried to be DEEP

Honestly? This..

Best girl is the only good part

Attached: latest (4).jpg (640x905, 67K)

nothing. It's incredibly overrated because it's the first (and oftentimes only) "deep" piece of media most anime fans experience

Rei and Asuka.

Definitely not Misato though, Eva is great despite having that shit around.

It makes plebs think they're deep

The opening theme song.
Honestly, I didn't understand the series on even the most shallow level when I watched it years ago. "Recently" I heard someone mention a subplot from the show about the angels' attacks becoming more creative over time to the point where they attacked under the guise of a normal human boy, and then later a mist.
And I said, "Wait, what? Did that happen? Oh..."
I don't know why I watched the whole thing if even that went over my head.

ITT: brainlets who probably like Lucky Star unable to comprehend even entry-level good anime like Evangelion

The angel attacks are just window dressing, it's more about the psychosocial development of Shinji and those around him.

Whoa