Yea Forums's Thoughts on Pluto?

Attached: 220px-Pluto_manga_vol_1.jpg (220x312, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/shueisha64/status/1138412100911607808?s=21
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's good

His best work. Though I don't really like calling it his since Astro Boy belongs to Tezuka, and he just expanded on that one popular arc.

Like most Urasawa works, had a cool setup and then didn't know where to go with it. Declined progressively as it went on.

Wasn't this supposed to be getting an anime

Basically this

Someone didn't watch 20th century boys.

>watch
You're right, I didn't. I read it, and found it the ending lackluster. Good manga, but definitely not his best.

Pluto being an adaption, actually had an ending.

for someone who's big deal is writing, ending is incredibly important. Pluto is his most complete work.

I enjoyed it. For storytelling, perspective and artwork. I have never watched, or read, Atom Boy.

I've eaten at "Atom Boy" sushi plate restaurants in Okinawa, though.

Decent

That was a mistake on my part, I meant to say read. And the ending of Pluto and 20th century boys are both amazing. Ofc 20th century boys doesn't end there but ending the 20th is already a peak in the manga so it's not better than Pluto.

It hooked me when the blind pianist and his robot became friends.

It was good. Though I'll admit I only tried it because he made 20th Century Boys as well.

Pretty good until the end.
That crippled robot killing the bear was random as fuck

The ending of 20th Century Boys may be disappointing, but you guys can't deny that 20CB had the more essence of all Urasawa's manga.

20CB made an identity of itself.

20th Century Boys was full of references I didn't get when I first read it and now years later I'm rereading the Viz releases and having a giggle at them.

Yep.

Spot on

You seem to have mixed up the JP name Tetsuwan Atom and the English name Astro Boy.

been looking for pluto, but ended up ramming uranus

Its the best thing he ever did simply because it was a reasonable length

twitter.com/shueisha64/status/1138412100911607808?s=21

Gesicht is such a great MC

After reading pluto years ago I recently decided to watch the 80's astroboy. So far both stories feel quite unrelated, but the settings about the universe among robots are simply fascinating.

Really this. I don't know if there's editorial pressure involved to keep expanding his series, but both Monster and 20CB seem streched.

20th was a great ride, but a huge factor of good writing is tying everything up. And he really didn't succeed.

peculiar read

Really good in itself and as an Astro Boy reworking