On the off chance that the Dorohedoro anime isn’t fucking garbage...

On the off chance that the Dorohedoro anime isn’t fucking garbage, what character are you most excited to see animated? Curse has a cool design I really wanna see in motion, but on the flipside that’s precisely why he’ll probably look shit.

Attached: AB2C572C-1AF0-471E-B5A1-0B0D02428224.jpg (225x350, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LhWCAdN-SLY
youtube.com/watch?v=yhQQ57N-9ys
youtube.com/watch?v=kJdTxQAZQ88
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

will they even make it too Curse?
if it's two cour they'll prob end it before they get there

Shin and his mask that looks like a heart.

yeah shin and No1 just punking crosseyes was the first panels i saw, and what i want to see the most.
TIK TOK bitches

Attached: ELCORAZON.png (450x517, 375K)

include CD shopping arc please

Attached: Dorohedoro v13-165.jpg (2130x3056, 1.29M)

Jonson

Attached: 07576e69fad3dbf8c343dc2c51eb445c.jpg (1000x1235, 285K)

Sadly the likely outcome is that it's going to look bad, but I really wish to see the baseball game animated

Which would be the worst case scenario for the anime?

CG tv anime

Depending on pacing they might, he shows up in like volume 11 of 23 iirc and the volumes in the first half of the series are a fair bit shorter than the later volumes. Still not as likely though, but it’d be cool if they ended the first season on (((boss))) killing En.

Best boy Gyoza Staff of course

People will only watch it for Noi

Berserk 2016 tier CG. You can make CG anime that looks passable or even good if you put in more than the minimum amount of effort, but that’s already asking a lot of modern CG anime studios apparently. If it’s 2D then it’ll probably be a fucking slideshow. The only chance this anime has of looking good in the conditions of the industry as they are today is for it to be CG, but bad CGI is REALLY fucking bad. This whole anime seems like a gargantuan risk for everyone involved, which gives me hope they knew what they were getting into and are properly prepared for it. It’s just as likely we get Berserk tier garbage though. Hopefully we can see some footage of it soon, it’s supposed to begin airing this year so some details should start emerging.

I want to see En being killed and the baseball game

i'm just excited to visually understand what the fuck is going on
this is the longest read ever and it's because it takes 30 seconds to identify what the fuck is being show in each panel

What did you have trouble understanding with the art? Do you not read much manga? Dorohedoro's art is pretty sketchy but I never found it hard to understand what was going on.

Can't wait for Natsuki's sweaty pits.

Not him, but Hayashida's artwork is on the messy side.
Dorohedoro wasn't as bad as some panels in Maken x Another, but it can take a little bit of getting used to.

En's magic. That scene from this week's Kimetsu no Yaiba where the demon girl was killed reminded me a little of how he can sprout mushrooms from peoples' chests. It'd be cool if it could look similar to that.

Not him but I had a bit of trouble with some fight scenes at times with the motion lines since they were huge and just as detailed as the character and background art, but overall Dorohedoro isn’t that difficult to follow in the art department at least. Theres definitely som artists better than Q in terms of art readability but there’s a fucking hell of a lot more that aren’t as good as her.

Can’t wait to French her while decapitating her.

generally you instantly recognize what's being displayed on a panel, several seconds of thinking is not ideal

Attached: 2[1].jpg (992x1400, 592K)

>thinking is hard
I'm glad I'm not an idiot like this guy

>thinking is hard
having to think is just a sign of poor design, it's not intentional

>building, sign, river, corpses floating in river
It ain’t hard m8

The bottom panel took me a few seconds to decipher but otherwise that page is fine imo. I’m generally a slow reader though so I appreciate art that takes a little bit to fully grasp, since most art is that way for me to begin with.

>CGI

Attached: 1559817097814.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

My boy Dokuga, Haru and Kikurage.

I see you are a man of culture as well.

Which would you rather. CGI but it’s by Orange or 2d but it’s by J.C Staff.

holy fuck i almost forgot how much i love this manga
this is art to me. it's so raw. her lines are so expressive and each panel passes along quite a bit of emotional depth. i hope they try something experimental animation wise if they are just going to biff it anyway.

Voiced by Norio Wakamoto.

THIS, I NEED IT ANIMATED.

Go somewhere else, nerd.

it sure as hell isn't the story, it's pretty annoyingly tropey.

no way primate get on my level

oh long jonhson

Only in like the last third.

the whole first 90 chapters is drive by the amnesia trope

Can’t wait until Dai Dark gets a big tiddy character like Noi. You know Q can’t help herself.

Attached: 3851DD7B-D5AB-49A3-A4D1-EAC6FE634161.jpg (462x663, 80K)

A trope on its own isn't bad, and Dorohedoro has one of the best amnesia-driven mysteries I've read.

A bullet, but it's to my brain

i came for the art and stayed for the violence
shin cutting off kaiman's head with the claw end of the hammer is sick

When are we getting more news? Do we know any more info like dates, director, etc? I want to know if it's going to be terrible or not. I'm planning to reread it soon in any case though

nah it's pretty cookie cuter if you follow the lines and it just keeps baiting and baiting, far too drawn out without anything inherit to it interesting, the rest of the world is the interesting part

I wanna see Dokuga, Tetsujo and my boy Ai

Attached: Chapter_146.png (1039x1500, 257K)

Well you're entitled to your opinion, just know that it's wrong and you're a fag.

Attached: 1555192289583.jpg (160x176, 22K)

It picks up when Kaimen dies, though.

What's with the new chapter anyway? As far as I can tell nobody translated chapter 4. Was the magazine on a break or something or is it the translator's fault?

No clue yet tbqh. I’m sure they’ll get to it eventually, if not someone else will pick it up for sure. Q Hayashida’s following isn’t huge but it’s very loyal, so whoever translates it is guaranteed a decently sized audience.

>cookie cutter
How was I supposed to know that Kaiman and his curse were caused by the clusterfuck amalgamation of around four separate sources of entities/magic until late in the game?

Ill be so pissed if they dont use the ost
youtube.com/watch?v=LhWCAdN-SLY
its so good

Attached: 1542124226737.gif (250x250, 268K)

>what character are you most excited to see animated?
There is only one correct answer: Haru.
I just hope they do her music justice.

Is this even actually happening?
Has there been any news since last year?

Theres no worst case scenario because dorohedoro is massive shit so they cant make it worse. It could have a berserk 2016 cgi and be better than the source

I'd personally launch another nuke at the studio that makes the anime with my bloated, furious corpse straped to it just so I could ride it in blazing fury if those fuckers dont use the bloody fucking OST
Seriously, Q is such a mad fucking woman to the point that she commissions a shit ton of obscure international artistist to make an official OST for her comic, it would be a disservice to her work if they didnt use it

Attached: 1560197210917.jpg (1818x1300, 470K)

Dunno, I haven't heard anything since late 2018.

oh yeah Igorrr does the OP for the anime. fucking sick

Attached: noi.png (600x403, 373K)

youtube.com/watch?v=yhQQ57N-9ys
posting it for the thread
where should the OP start do you think?

Attached: no1.png (600x433, 472K)

So you came to a thread dedicated to the discussion of something you don't like? For what purpose?

Attached: 1551003287258.jpg (917x942, 121K)

Berserk was shit. Golden Kamuy was bad. Vinland Saga will be meh. Dorohedoro will probably be shit too. The only recent seinen manga that got a worthy adaptation was a big budget film on Ghibli/Redline levels. That's literally the only way you can do visual justice to the manga.

Attached: children of the sea color manga.jpg (1400x932, 295K)

Girls' Last Tour anime was good. And that had sketchy art too.

Devil Nikaido

>cookie cutter
You cant be serious.

>waaah someone made a comment i dont like so im going to reply to it durrr
for what purpose?

arround 1:30

fuck off m8

Rate my cast, Yea Forums

Kaiman: Junichi Suwabe
Nikaido: Nana Mizuki

En:Jouji Nakata
Shin: Daisuke Ono
Noi: Ryoka Yuzuki
Ebisu: Yuu Kobayashi
Chota: Hiroshi Kamiya
Turkey: Aoi Yuuki
Shou: Nobutoshi Canna
Fujita: Yuji Ueda

Risu: Makoto Awane
Kasukabe: Yoji Ueda
Asu: Noriyaki Sugiyama
Chidaruma: Fumihiko Tachiki

I don’t know much about Japanese VAs but Daisuke Ono as Shin would be pretty cool.

>what character are you most excited to see animated
all of them.

i wanna read this, is it good?

You should already know what that block goo in the bottom left panel is when you read the panel, there's no reason to be confused at all

this isn't Jojo we're talking about

Attached: 0001-017[1].jpg (1066x1600, 515K)

>people have issues with the art style
How? This manga probably has one of the best art styles ever. Everything looks so dingy and dirty, just like it should. The OFFICIAL "Why Dorohedoro is good" ranking goes:
>art
>characters
>story

>all manga should be animated

go fucking kill yourself reddit

Noi is my kind of bitch. Not afraid of big girls.

Attached: retard.jpg (249x504, 87K)

>art
>music
>characters
>story

user there was an anime confirmed last year, I don’t think you interpreted that post correctly.

Yeah around 1:30 would be fucking perfection

Anime is almost always garbage, no matter the series

It's funny, everything else Igorrr has done is shit but he made the most fitting song on the Dorohedoro OST

>what character are you most excited to see animated?
This fucking scene.

Attached: x5.png (940x1368, 372K)

The bird motherfucker that performs the operation is the most terrifying looking thing in the whole manga. It was cute right afterwards though, in its little chef outfit. Q Hayashida really is a madwoman but I love her for it.

>On the off chance that the Dorohedoro anime isn’t fucking garbage
you know it aint gonna happen. at least my boi mushroomman gets animated.

We can dream. I’m expecting garbage but I’ll keep an open mind. Probably the only way they could do it justice is with an OVA series like Hellsing Ultimate, but I don’t think the potential audience for Dorohedoro justifies the cash investment that would require.

They should make a live action instead.

I want a mahou shoujo Caiman fig complete with a gyoza staff and the kitchen knife

I really want to see Kai but that also hinges on them doing an excellent job of setting up the world before his arrival. Watching the magic user's world that you've grown to love get torn apart so violently makes for so many awesome scenes.

All the creepy abstract dream stuff between Kaiman's competing personalities is a must as well.

Attached: kai.png (615x672, 582K)

Shocking!

I can't see how it's possible to make Q Hayashida drawings into an anime.

Shin
Kaiman
Ebisu

Attached: giphy.gif (500x305, 803K)

The anime would be unironically good if they use some kind of dirty and ominous animation technique

Attached: NegligibleTautAntarcticfurseal-size_restricted.gif (384x288, 2.29M)

Why is that retard putting his mask upside down anyway.

Because he thinks it looks cooler. At least that’s what I think, I haven’t read Dorohedoro in a while. Might give the whole thing a reread when the physical copies of English volume 23 come out later this year.

As much Ebisu without mask as possible

Attached: x1 (2).jpg (940x1368, 533K)

I really wish she didn't have that laughing charm stuck in her head for the entire end of the manga. Kind of ruined her character for me.

Attached: DorohedoroShark.jpg (1200x675, 203K)

>no one is excited for En and his mushroom power

What the hell

>this better be eating food and fighting wizards
>it is

Attached: y-you too.png (409x394, 180K)

Real talk: the art style will never in hell properly transfer to animation, at least not on a tv anime budget

Attached: dorohedoro shark.jpg (500x291, 82K)

There's no info about who will be character designer, animator or director?
I expect absolutely nothing of this anime anyway, but I bet I will be disappointed.

Yeah - for me it is main manga's flaw
It looked like mangaka like buff girls and holds some nagativy towards tiny ones.
That's a shame. That's a really a shame...

Attached: x20.jpg (940x1368, 330K)

Lotta Debbie Downers in this thread.

What do you expect when stuff like Berserk 2016 exists?

I like the Yea Forums that doesn't say negative things. The Yea Forums that tries her best.

Makes you realise we have almost no idea what "normal" Ebisu is like. She's not brain damaged for only a handful of chapters but you kinda get the sense she's not actually a very nice person, even by magic user standards.

Reminder that the mystery production company has been working on the project for almost 8 months and clearly doesn't think it's finished enough to warrant any form of media/marketing push. I would take that as a pretty good sign.

ok. But everything is better then just laughing all the thime.
Brain/mind damaged one was perfect
But well personality isn't most important. The most important is this cute face...

Attached: 150289.jpg (225x350, 45K)

Maybe they have been fapping to Ebisu all this time.

If you put the philosophical concerns aside the fact is Ebisu is gonna spend the rest of her life just having a fucking rad time 24/7. She got off better than anybody else in the series.

They could always just pull it out anyway what's the worst that could happen? She dies again?

What do you think about kemonozume style ? youtube.com/watch?v=kJdTxQAZQ88

People in this thread obviously like it a lot, so the obvious answer is yes.

The honest answer: It's weird. I really liked it though.

This

Attached: 0ABA1.jpg (756x1100, 192K)

Best duo, hands down.

Never I have read a more correct post

I'm just glad that we should get some fanart of Noi's sweaty, hairy pits.

it's a shame the author can't write endings for shit
felt like it got axed and 40% of the stuff was left untouched

The ending was fine. It was pretty safe though but that's better than the ending being garbage.

Ending would've been okay if it wasn't for Caiman getting magic and, even worse, becoming the "Gyoza Wizard lmao."
Dorohedoro was silly, but that was just stupid.

I thought it fit with the tone, and it didn't even really have anything to do with beating Hole. It just kept Caiman from dying for a couple of chapters and then it vanished. I was actually sad when it went away.

En best boy.

I get why people felt it fit with the tone, but for me it just felt a little too asinine.
I didn't like the concept of Caiman getting magic in general, I liked it more when he just relied on savage strength. It's kind of an affront to his history of hating magic users when he gets magic himself and it saves his ass.

That was another thing, the gyoza magic was stupidly overpowered. Literally anything that was thrown at Caiman, the gyoza staff perfectly countered it.

>It's kind of an affront to his history of hating magic users when he gets magic himself and it saves his ass.

that's the JOKE

Can we even guess at any studio for this? I'm terrified it's Deen, but they tend to snap up anything horror-related.

Just like (monochrome) Jojo this issue is actually due to reading it scanlated.

It's not a funny one.

IT's a shit joke then.

That's your problem then, I loved it. The main point is that he countered Hole-kun because he IS Hole-kun, anyway.

I read the digital Viz release until the last dozen or so chapters. Maybe that's why I didn't have much of a problem.

I don't get why you would have more difficulties reading it scanlated.

Doesn't the VIS release have translation issues?

Obviously things like monitor brightness would vary it but this is an already linework heavy manga that relies on heavy amounts of dark ink and purposefully messy details. When you scan that, edit it in a digital program and then view it on computer screen it's already beyond how you're intended to read it.

I am hoping the reason the album was taken down from bandcamp is because the anime's used it and it'll be re-released as an anime soundtrack.

He mentions Jojo, so I imagine he means that blacks are darkened in some scanlations and textures aren't as noticeable. I've seen a comparison of Jojo scans vs better scans (Don't know where they came from) or something and it's a pretty noticeable different. I don't have the image with me.

It does but I only noticed a couple small things while reading it. I wasn't thinking about possible translation issues when reading through it for the first time.

Still easy mode compared to Blame!

Blame was generally fine for me. It was just some of the action sequences that got confusing, but those generally weren't important to understand what was going on. And the confusion for the last 20 chapters or so was less the art and more the portrayal of what was happening and me not being able to interpret it.

The only times when Jojo isn't comprehensible is because of a fucked up stand.

Even if you don't have problems with the scan quality (I usually don't either), it's still an issue and I wish there were better scans.

thats actually neat detail his mask represents his duality as someone raised in hole but beeing powerfull magic user
he likes to wear it improperly maybe because its reminding of his first shitty mask that was just a bag with holes, en and noi make him wear it propely because they think its his doing but in fact mask is made that way by the devil in the bonus chapter at the end of first volume
its meant to be that way thats why i think its fine to speculate about it

Nikaido thicc as fuck

yes

Attached: 3724dd9e4b837c8fef8fef678f0c8dd7.jpg (708x1000, 289K)

I’m not looking forward to the threads when the anime airs and I’ll probably be avoiding them because I’m too much of a pussy to handle all the inevitable shitposting

I'm not so sure it'll be that popular.

I was expecting it to slip out at some point and was surprised when it never did.

I hope all the parts where she's naked are in the anime

You some kind of pervert?