HunterxHunter

So I just marathoned the first episode, it was kind of cringe. Is it supposed to get super edgy or is it all gonna be this "power of friendshit" ? Animation is good and the premise is interesting, I plan to watch it all anyway but I'm just wondering what to expect.

Attached: hunterxhunter.jpg (1274x711, 193K)

Whether or not it's edgy depends on your interpretation. I didn't think so. It seems like average shounenshit especially shounen for kids, but a lot of the tropes are subverted.

>marathoned the first episode
heartly kek

If by a small chance this is isn't bait, it does get progressively darker as it goes, yes.

Hunter Exam & Heavens Arena are peak shounen tournaments arc.
Yorknew City is peak shounen.
Greed Island is peak world building.
Chimera Ant is peak fiction.
Post Chimera Ant is peak literature.
It's your call whether to board on this cruise that keeps on giving or indulge with the shounenshitters on shallow shores.

>tropes are subverted
yeah I could kind of tell that would be the case, the first episode seemed a little _too_ cliche
not bait, and good to know
>peak fiction
>peak literature
sounds like a hot take but I'll bite. I have heard of things like the chimera ant arc shilled elsewhere

it's super overrated

What was the cause of Gon's extreme anger? Why would gon give a shit about kite? His rage was cringe

Read the first chapter of the manga

>it was kind of cringe.
Nice bait,have this

Doesn't like my favourite show? Must be cringe.

You're probably too young for it. It's a soft seinen, you know, not your run of the mill battle shonen.

Hunter-chads, I need your advice. I was too busy re watching HxH 2011 that I forgot to study and do my mandatory hunter x hunter weekly in-depth character and plot analysis.

I tried revising the current arc of the manga, but Togashi has introduced too many brilliant and complex plot lines in this arc that I am unable to cram it all in in one go.

So far I can only recite the first two volumes of the manga off by heart, while providing intellectual commentary throughout.

Should I start drawing diagrams and written reports as well as practice summaries in order to understand the intricate plot lines that Togashi has written? I'm kinda confused bros.

Attached: gonIQ.jpg (620x350, 26K)

>watching the remake

Attached: 2090f96e4cff1ad89df48f9e9c9488ef.jpg (309x476, 29K)

Make sure to listen to some Mozart in-between episodes while studying. I find that it stimulates one’s awareness and conscientiousness.

>sounds like a hot take but I'll bite. I have heard of things like the chimera ant arc shilled elsewhere
All Hunterchad memes aside it actually is stunningly well written and one of the best story arcs I've read, period. The beginning is kind of slow but once it reaches the climax it's beutiful

Obviously if you're only watching it to shit on it or go into with an already negative mindset because you hate Hunterchads or whatever then don't bother watching it, you won't like it if you go into it like that

It’s worth it but stay off here and read one chapter a week until you catch up. A few hundred weeks and then you can post here.

Highly recommend pursuing higher education in the fields of literature and philosophy

it's a waste of time until yorknew and even that's questionably mediocre

My all-time favorite scene in all of human media is in HxH.

Which one?

he probably likes when Gon turns all buff and gay

Attached: ErenSmug.png (640x648, 340K)

>hai, hai

I don’t care for those types of scenes. I think the requiem is better than that scene

HxH is the most childishly edgy mainstream manga for beginners. It's exactly the kind of thing teenagers watch when they start to feel embarrassed about watching cartoons.
Real men read the Pokemon Adventures manga.

how is it edgy?

>le sadistic murderous pedophile clown
>"thieves" who kill an entire ethnic group to sell their eyes
>Killua rips a man's heart out but he's so cute tho!
>the dude who has a woman's back tattooed so he can flay her and put the skin up as decoration
This is all juvenile and done for shock value.

Hisoka is an interesting character, a perfect example of a threatening villain, not purely because of his strength.
The spiders are badass. Chrollo doesn’t give a fuck. When they’re that powerful, they do what they want.
Is Killua supposed to be weak, or is he supposed to be not “cute” ? I don’t understand this complaint.
I didn’t read the manga but the anime is great.

>Hisoka is an interesting character
No he's not. He's the quintessential intelligent nihilist with a wicked sense of humor. I also liked him when I was 14 but come the fuck on now. Grow up.
>The spiders are badass. Chrollo doesn’t give a fuck. When they’re that powerful, they do what they want.
This is not good writing. This is bland and boring. Power doesn't make the Spiders interesting, the fact that they actually like each other makes them interesting. It's the one thing that makes them special and you ignore it in favor of calling them cool badasses who don't give a shit, showing what a juvenile mind you have.
>Is Killua supposed to be weak
Ripping the living heart from someone's chest is pointlessly gruesome for the sake of being shocking. This isn't a comment on how strong he is, it's a comment on how Togashi thinks shocking people is good writing. It isn't.
>is he supposed to be not "cute"
Oh no him being cute is fine, it's a show for homosexuals after all.

Attached: Killua a slut.jpg (1280x1440, 278K)

Setting in this anime is a fucking mess.

HxH has such good world-building that the world is too real for plebs and Wan Pissbabies.

>It's the one thing that makes them special and you ignore it in favor of calling them cool badasses who don't give a shit, showing what a juvenile mind you have.
I was directly responding to the claim that their killing the Kurta clan was somehow edgy. I agree that the best parts of the show are not about who’s strong or who likes to kill the most. All that stuff is just world building and plot advancement, the structure for the underlying themes and relationships among the characters.

>their killing the Kurta clan was somehow edgy.
It was edgy in the extreme.
>torture them in front of their loved ones to make them pissed off so their eyes get the hue that they want
>pluck out the eyes
>all those people were tortured and killed because people wanted to add those eyes to their collections of human body parts
This is edgy. That's all it is. You can't make it not-edgy by talking about something else, it's juvenile shit done for shock value and that's what most of this series is. It serves no other purpose than to show "look isn't this dark and twisted, you're a big boy for reading this book because mom would hate it".

>It serves no other purpose than to show "look isn't this dark and twisted, you're a big boy for reading this book because mom would hate it".
No, it shows that the spiders are evil, and motivates Kurapika to get revenge. Something horrible happened, so his anger is easily understood. Would you rather the troupe steal some cakes from a bakery owned by Kurapika’s family?

>Thread started around 5 and a half hours ago
>Only 33 replies
What killed the hype?

>So I just marathoned the first episode
Fucking hell

Attached: 1560253297852.jpg (155x202, 7K)

it's better this way. judging by the new mass of bnha and op refugees this last year, I genuinely regret telling everybody in here to read this series in the past. for me, if this anime was forgotten entirely on Yea Forums, it would be perfection
obviously that is in no way a possibility

>Is it supposed to get super edgy or is it all gonna be this "power of friendshit"
Why are you presenting this like a good thing? Are you 12?

>judging by the new mass of op refugees this last year
Why would refugees from a better series be a bad thing?

>being dark and "edgy" is a criticism

Best trio coming through

Attached: 46B31159-7BFA-47BE-B8E1-B98683DC0BB1.jpg (984x787, 583K)

you're right.
just remember, hunter hunter is BAD and you HATE IT, alright? repeat after me
"hunter hunter is bad and I hate it, thus I have no plan on reading or talking about that ever again"

It's not a marathon if its just 1 ep, you dumb ass.

7 months of hiatus

>It's bad cause it's edgy!
What kind of basedcuck do you think says shit like this

It's only worth watching for episodes 111-135, the rest is mediocre shounen garbage, nothing you haven't seen before

You can do violence and bad things happening without being juvenile about it. Series with actual maturity are able to do this. HxH is not, however. It only has the shock value of the events to carry it.

wasurenaide

WE FIGHT TOGETHER

How is HxH edgy? Fucking Meruem regrets killing that child and then dies on the lap of his loved ones. Just name one instance where HxH was edgy and juvenile. Just ONE.

>it's cringey and shit
>I'm going to watch it all anyway

I always wondered how the average Yea Forumsutist manages to have watched 500+ anime series. Now I know

maybe it's edgy for people who can't function in society/can't order something from the waitress without almost choking on their saliva from all the anxiety
everything felt natural to me

I have named several in this very thread.

Pitou is the best girl and is my wife

Attached: 1494058533535.jpg (936x1300, 104K)

Why do Huntards falseflag as first time watchers to drum up discussion about the series? It's so pathetic and transparent.

Yeah and all our examples have been properly addressed and debunked, yet you keep saying "edgy! edgy!" like a broken bot.

What else is there to talk about? 7 months since last chapter.

>debunked
No, nothing I brought has been shown as being anything other than pointless shock-value schlock. Because it's impossible to disprove objective facts.

>Power doesn't make the Spiders interesting, the fact that they actually like each other makes them interesting. It's the one thing that makes them special

Haha what the fuck?
They like each other, so that makes them special. Holy shit you guys ahahaha.

>Hisoka and this Phantom troupe are bad characters
Imagine being this much of a faggot contrarian on purpose

It does. Most groups of anime villains are "oh he died that's because he was weak, muahahaha" while the Phantom Troupe actually cares about its members. That is something special.

A first episode may not be the best but that doesn't mean the series is shit.
HxH doesn't escalate until the Yorknew arc. So, you can't judge it so early on.

I didn't say the Phantom Troupe are bad, just Hisoka specifically. I like the Spiders. I can't stand Hisoka though.

Everyone is making a mockery out of your "objective facts", subhuman. You don't even know what edgy means so you just use it as a buzzword for something that you don't like.

>le human body part collections are mature writing
Grow the fuck up.

>I can't stand Hisoka though.
Cope.

Attached: 1441753105445.png (640x360, 247K)

>Greed Island is peak world building
And your post is peak autism.

>waaah why do some people do evil stuff waaaah i want my comfy SoL moeblob anime!!!!!

>I can't argue against facts so I'll just strawman
Sasuga, Huntertard. By committing this fallacy you have fallen into my trap.

That was early on in the series. The most recent arcs aren't like that. There is still edge, but it isn't just for shock value.

Get triggered, low test fag.

Attached: Killua_crushes_Johness's_heart.jpg (1155x1049, 326K)

collecting body parts is not even edgy, on top of it you add the setting of the hunter hunter world where stuff like body parts can actually be considered true rarity
but it's too late, you shouldn't have let him persuade you into thinking it is
maybe next time ignore these retards instead of giving them attention exactly the way they intended you to do

Attached: kiru1.png (637x620, 92K)

>early on in the series
>most recent arcs aren't like that
Prince Tze has Kurta eyes and human skin in his collection. They show he has a woman flayed to display her skin. Fucking hell man.

Attached: 49200720_p0.png (800x640, 1.47M)

All you faggots falling for this bait on a daily basis are the equivalent of fodders getting eaten by monsters in the first phase on the exam, or drinking Tonpa's juice. You're a failure

>collecting body parts is not even edgy

>maybe next time ignore these retards instead of giving them attention
But then our threads would die in 20 replies.

Dude, most of us know its bait and still bite because there is literally nothing else to discuss. At least this is some decent conversation instead of the RPing namefags or Kurapika trannies.

They don't show it. You see only the aftermath with Tse taking a shower and the skin of the woman on his wall. He's a psychotic serial killer, what do you expect?

it's the mafia and the rotten alike, retard
you want to know what's edgy? doing things for shock value and no other reason. you don't see dalzolene holding somebody's liver in his hand while screaming nonsense

no more of thes egarbage threads on Yea Forums, and hopefully no one in here talking about hunter x hunter till the end of times
>God, I can only wish

>He's a psychotic serial killer, what do you expect?
Writing characters with some level of nuance but that's too much for Togashi to do anymore.

>you want to know what's edgy?
I know already, collecting body parts.

A lot of main villains are like that, see Hisoka, Chrollo and Genthru.
The nuanced ones are often side characters.

If you read the recent chapters Tse is showing a lot of "nuance". His character is evolving in just 3 chapters. His interactions with Theta are very interesting.

A lot of main villains are like that, see Hisoka, Chrollo and Genthru.
The nuanced ones are often side characters.

>Haha, look guys the little kid character went up and ripped a strong guys heart out and is now smiling! And look at how surprised all the characters are!
How can you not see this as edgy, are you that swallowed up by your own belief that this series is a masterpiece? What a fucking joke

What is the best 2011 ED and why is it WAHOO HOOOO?

He's not edgy anymore.

>he doesn't do it anymore so it never happened
Please commit a crime and then tell the judge you don't do crimes anymore.

neither edgy or friendshit. it’s all world
building and character build up until the last two arcs of the anime (chimera and election)

What are you, a christian mom? If you get this autistic over one scene I don't know how you can enjoy anything, I guess Voltaire's Candide is edgy shit because there's dismemberement and rape in it and he kills a few dudes

Attached: 1423350713776.jpg (284x177, 25K)

First 2 arcs are a little cliche but they have few good episodes and cool foreshadowing for further plot. 2nd arc is crucial for power system.
Just watch it for Hisoka until something like episode 40 and then it suddenly gets way better. It's harder to watch though if you don't like Hisoka :

forgot the pic

Attached: MuiXZYy.png (500x497, 225K)

My problem is with the gruesomeness of it, it's how it's presented to the audience in a childish manner.

I had a dream, it's coming back, announcement this week, screencap this

*Isn't with the gruesomeness

>Marathoned the first episode

Attached: smugyuzu02.jpg (438x424, 110K)

Protip:
Watch 1999 first

How do you marathon one episode user?

Read the manga fag

Your watching the 2011 version, which gave it that Disney tone. It gets dark during York new

man, why do you guys care and why is your tone always so apologetic to whatever shitty "argument" somebody makes badmouthing this series. literally anyone can get here and say shit and you'll be persuaded into theri thought process. killua ripping that guy's heart is not edgy ffs, it's the basis of what he does, it's there to demonstrate to whoever reads it how skillfull of an assassin he is
hunterchads used to be so cool in the past

Attached: 316438.png (611x720, 400K)

It will get way better around 20-30 episodes in when you get the York New arc. It's by far the best part of the series. You can quit watching after York New, it's all downhill from there.

So because Gon was saved by Kite as a toddler and they chatted for an hour, the two of them had a intense emotional bond?

Gon going berserk was one of the best parts of the whole manga/anime, but the relationship between Gon and Kite had zero reason to be that serious. They spent a total of a week together

It was a total asspull too. They didn't even introduce kite until a flashback that was almost 100 episodes into the series. Bad writing

>saves his life multiple times
>tells him about Ging being alive
>tells him about hunters
>dies so he can escape
>"uhh wtf why did he care"
I know you don't have any friends so you can't relate but my dude you are a fucking sociopath if you can't understand why he was pissed.

>marathoned the first episode
As opposed to watching it bit by bit? Do you have an ADHD?

God forbid people have actual discussion about the series instead of posting a bunch of copypastas and calling eachother a faggot

God forbid people actually search for good things to discuss instead of settling for the first thing that raises a bit of frustration or discomfort

the aluca/election arc is pretty damn good too.

just out of curiosity, when you say collecting body parts, are you referring to the scarlett eyes trafficking?

Yes.

>marathoned
>the first episode

Attached: nigga wat.png (329x379, 265K)

I thought there was a financial purpose to collecting them, at least from the 4th prince perspective. Isn't that similar to organ trafficking for people in need of surgery?

Why is a bait thread still up but the genuine discussion one got deleted?

Attached: Bk9r_ocj_400x400.png (250x250, 84K)

Yes, I can judge a show that takes like 80 episodes to get past being terribad. Seriously, even the biggest hunterfag has to admit that the show is pretty dogshit and boring in the beginning

2011 created these brainlets

>financial purpose to collecting them
For "harvesting" them, maybe. Spiders genocided the village to sell the eyes but wealthy edgelords collect them as a trophy or work of art. It is not similar to buying a kidney because you are dying without the organ.

the picture on OP is nice. never seen it before