Shock value with no idea on how to add depth and life to your characters: the series

>shock value with no idea on how to add depth and life to your characters: the series
It's so frustrating seeing people talk about this garbage in a tone that implies it is good or even remotely decent when the lowest of shonen manga that pops into your mind would serve for a better experience

Attached: bottom of the barrel.jpg (600x546, 210K)

name a manga you like

ok fag

my point is that anything is better than this one, so literally anything you can think of fits as a valid answer, go ahead

how do they not have depth and life to them?

Alright so you think SnK is the worst manga of all time which means you've read maybe two or three series, now tell us why anyone should take anything you say seriously you humongous faggot

What a retard. You fucking think I nonsensical OnePiece or HiatusxHiatus is actually better than than SnK?

yep, anything, literally. you are probably a manchild spic therefore you're unable to see how bad this is. every time some morbid scene where bland character dies or whatever happens you probably open your mouth wide thinking "omg Yea Forums's gonna freak" unable to realize how devoid of feeling all of it is

Wait till you see the antag- OH NO NO NO

Attached: Zekek.jpg (1069x2458, 1.09M)

>oh no, there's no way I put a child in this cruel cruel world of modern society
Literally soiboy redditor who's wife had a vasectomy and fucks tyrone every weekend philosophy of life

Holy projection. Just go back to /pol/. You clearly just want to bitch instead of having a discussion. One day you'll realize how insufferable you are.

Nah dude listen here. You're upset over a great story doing well. What the fuck is there to be upset over?
>I don't like it so it shouldn't be popular
>t. ((you))
And fuck off about spics, those niggers are all over DBZ and cant even comprehend non action chapters that SnK Grace's upon its readers from time to time. Your literally seething over someone else's hard work, most likely mad you weren't born in Nip land and will never have your shitty headcanon Isekai ever read by anyone but your dungeon dwelling brethen.

t.someone who read only the first 5 chapters at best.

It's bad, no two ways about it. You can say anything. I've read it, that's how I KNOW it's bad. I wish it was good, what type of person starts something hoping that it sucks? I just act indifferent when something is bad and holds no value to me, but over time seeing the vast majority of people praise this smelly turd actually becomes frustrating. I wish people would stop being so conceited and pretending they are smart. They would be able to figure out what's good and what's not if they came to terms with their actual intellect and the potential to become smarter and experience better things instead of just pretending from day 1 that you are perfect and by following the vox populli of what you think is "an underground group of people" you are sure to convince even yourself of that.
Anyways, just keep reading it, it doesn't matter if at the end of the day you enjoy this crap, but bear in mind that there's no good result in people coming together to praise crap

So what is it you dislike about it? You still haven’t told us.

What a gerk, are you 15?
This manga is literally the most complex shonen along side HxH, you probably didn't even reach the "big reveal" and the entire "marley arc", who are literally the kinoest moment in manga's literature.

This guy is the living rappresentation that writting>>>>>>>>>>>>>>draw.
He ,whit is really limitated drawing skill, created a manga who used to look like a generic post-apocalipse manga, only to show us how deep and coerent his narration is and how whe got tricked by judging only the surface of his manga from "kill the monsters and save the day" to a grey moral and political war story about one nation of a cursed race and the entire world who hate all of these cursed children.

Attached: 24852-Hajime_Isayama-foto.jpg (225x295, 59K)

>random one piece hate

Attached: 1517002737744.png (308x214, 18K)

Those two opening the book together was unbelievably cringe and painful to watch, the main trio and their interactions are the ruin of this manga but the other characters are not that bad, Reiner and Erwin are even good for manga standards. Story is pretty enjoyable and there are plenty of good shock moments and reveals even tho some dramatic scenes are ruined by asspulls, plot armor and convenience as it's often the case with this medium

>You still haven’t told us.
I literally put it on the opening comment of this thread, but I understand well that I have to be very patient with someone who enjoys this series

No, you just listed buzzwords with no clear meaning. You were being vague without giving any examples of what you meant.

>shock value with no idea on how to add depth and life to your characters: the series
That's not Berserk.

Attached: rape-horse.png (735x541, 376K)

>muh freedom
>muh race guilt
>muh life can be suffering but it's still worth continuing (something most people realize in their late teens)
>muh cycle of hatred and tyranny (totally different than Nardo!)
Isayama should have stuck to SNK's survival horror roots instead of turning it into surface level socio-political and philosophical commentary. The end was spelled when Isayama admitted to changed the ending midway through to appeal to fans after the series exploded in popularity, a sign that reeks of cash cow milking

Attached: 1530743297796.jpg (800x292, 88K)

t.someone who didn't reach marley arc

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 39K)

He looks like he had trouble learning at school

Well, the biggest issue is that none of you can name a single manga that is BETTER than SnK.
Any manga you mention is either even more of a cash cow, intended for literal children or are filled to the brim with unnecessary fanservice.
The biggest demographic of people shitting on SnK are SnKfags themselves..

no, retard, maybe we understand that anything we name will be mocked in a way or another, anyways
this is the oldest trick in the book
if we're here to talk about this series maybe you should be the one bringing some good points about it, because it's utter trash with spics who's brain fluid is leaking from the ears

At least have you read "marley arc" you brainlet?!!

Can you just name me 5 other manga you have read and found to be better than SnK? Surely someone criticizing manga by using terms such as "utter trash" is well-read in the same type of media.
SnK is popular, therfore it's fun to hate on. I already know that you cannot list the 5 manga I requested and will jump through mental hoops to avoid the question that exposes your contrarian worldview.

Current Eren is just a hollow edgy character 101 with nothing going on about him, you have to be a retard to think he's now a good character just because he's gone from clichéd dumb angry kid trope to clichéd dark smart cynic late teen trope, he sucks big time in both forms

>no character development and character regression: the series
but then again, it's shonen shit so i should've known from the beginning

>this thread is probably made by a plebeian who’s never read an actual piece of literature in his life but still thinks he knows what’s good and bad
wew, but this is good bait

d-dude!! but the hair and the beard are there to show me how much he changed. this is freaking hella EPIC look at him saying meaningless shit between the next shock value panel, he is LITERALLY me

you don't type like somebody who's read many books

Ok.let's bring some good points:
-corent narration.
-perfect evolution of many characters (mostly reiner,historia and eren)
-a story who get better arc after arc
-a plot twist that literally reveal an entire world and literally change the entire genre of the manga itself
-unlike you say, this manga have just 5 asspulls at bad (unlike the 99% of the others mangas who have like 20 asspulls at least), not mention that many things that you call asspuls (like reiner regeneration etc...) got their explanetion since the start of the manga and never contraddicted any rule created by the mangaka.
-is one of the flew manga without a black and white vision of war, since the protgonist literally mass murder thousand of innocent people to save hiacountry, this while the enemies,who are in the wrong since the start, are showed in a really human and credible way.

He probably like one punch man.

>perfect evolution of many characters
stopped reading there, esl-kun

>''muh memories'' to give the MC a good ''development''
What a fucking lazy writing...

>A man who just want save his friends and his country by a global military assoult and accepted to became a monster since he know there aren't other ways to save the people he love and care
>he is just an edgy young man

You guys are so pathetic.

I'm not sure what's shock value about your pic OP or SnK in general. Do you want a shock value story? Elfen Lied or Narutaru

Are you still searching for good manga on MAL or have you decided to ignore the fact that this thread only exists to shit on SnK for absolutely no reason but because it's popular?

Sound argument

>a character developmwnt started since the end of the political arc, where the protagonist started facing his inability to fight alone and decide to mature, get over his desire of vengeace and ,after find out how cruel is the world where they live, decide to do his best to protect the people he love, even if that mean became a monster hisself
>nhaaaaa he just got a timeskip development due MUH MEMORIES

When will you stop acting so childish?

>-perfect evolution of many characters
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1198ce9eff7d849d8d65c4b52462fe85.gif (500x400, 95K)

Looks like you didn't read Berserk either

>thing is popular therefore it's shielded from negative criticism
you guys must be glad to have this dumb mentality sheltering you always. I'm sure you're into a lot of popular things

retard nigger

>STILL hasn't come up with a single manga that is better than SnK
Case in point.

>It's bad because it's popular

>he doesnt know the original ending was reaching the basement and learning that the whole time they had been killing humans, more precisely eldians
looks incomplete

you're right, snk is so good. I wish I could enjoy it so badly poor me this must be a curse

the ultimate shock value
that sounds like something this wack mangaka would come up with lmao

Following their state of mind: playstation should be shit,pc gamming should be shit, pizza should be shit, even be alive should be a shit since is too popular (and belive me, some people are so dumb that literally deseve to not exist......like SnK haters)

Are you fucking serious? If you think SnK is a bad manga, name a better one. How is that so hard?!

>Reinmong asspulls consciousness transfer for cheap cliffhangers during RTS
>Beast and Cart titan can't anticipate a flank attack, basic military tactics 101
>Cart titan being able to navigate the city fast enough without making sound to sneak up on Jean and Hange to save Reinmong
>Levi Ackerwank killing 15+ abnormal titans rushing at him
>Bert, a top cadet and trained warrior, leaving his nape exposed and not taking the simple measure to cover it with his arm when he knows his titan is slow and cumbersome
>Shartmin, noted for being extremely weak, surviving a 50 meter fall onto a stone roof and getting his entire skin roasted off long enough to get the serum, thus taking away from his heartfelt speech and sacrifice
>Erwin surviving long enough for contrived serum bowl drama
>AckerUchiha special snowflake bloodline power that removes all tension during their combat scenes
RTS shits the bed, I'll give you that

He can't

Look at this stupid.

Attached: Shitrenfags.png (1174x627, 594K)

Zecuck is the manbaby always whining about suffering, not Chadren

Attached: 1530688281092.png (602x600, 203K)

No brainlet
>If it's popular because a lot of people like it but I don't, then the problem is theirs and they're all retards for liking it
People like you believe that just because something's popular, it's automatically bad because it's more popular than "muh obscure favourite anime".
Ofc people also shit on playstation, pc gaming and even pizza

Most of the threads are just fujos stewing in their menstrual juices over the latest shipping conflict.

Levi Ackerwank killing 15+ abnormal titans rushing at him on open ground*

He doesn't read manga and doesn't watch anime, he can't do what he doesn't know

you can use this suit yourself user

Attached: Zecuckfags.png (1174x627, 594K)

lmao this fag probably watches Boruto

Completely OOC for both, who made this shit?

>Bert thought he had killed everyone else besides Eren and Armin, who he also thought he killed right afterwards. Also he had only been trained until he was like 12

>The titans weren't rushing at Levi, they were standing still near the beast titan

>Armin isn't phisically weak, he just was mentally weak. Not anymore during the scene you mentioned because, big surpirse, development.

alright faggots, i’m going to school you on why snk is good, and why it’s one of the most exciting and well constructed narratives currently in manga
>starts off as a gimmicky but fun action thriller with simple characters and a one dimensional “muh revenge” mc
>narrative slowly and satisfyingly unfolds as the characters learn more about the world they are in, and the mc grows along with this expansion
>basement reveal happens and completely flips the story on its head - but it was built up so intricately and executed so well it feels natural
>we are introduced to a much more morally grey conflict built off of centuries of ethnic divide that is completely unlike the series’s original black and white conflict, narratively mirroring the characters journey from innocence to knowledge
>plot now becomes a narratively dense political struggle with a radically changed mc, that is consistently exciting and unpredictable

tldr: changes and twists are exciting in narratives and snk does them extremely well

no, you're a contrarian shitter.
it's no masterpiece but it's not bad for shonen standards. it was fresh when it came out and it also did well to hold up for as long as it did.
this pretty much proves my point. you either don't read much else or you're being a contrarian.

your critics are on the action scenes
gotta keep the shounenretards entertained
now give me some critics on the plot

-is an ability all the titanshifter can abuse, until their spine is intact and they have energy they are nearly unkillable (literally the rule n.1 of the shifters)
-ha have to face an entire suicide attack, how could he know about levi's flack attack .
-he is a really skilled in 3dmg and is literally the best titan killer, it would be dissappointing for him being defeathed by those weak titans.
-the rest of the team was busy with reiner, eren's titan corpes was there (and is sight was weak with all that steam) and also he titan got weakened so much that his arms were weak and small.
-That one is literally one of the flew asspulls of the manga.
-erwin's injuries weren't ista deadly, just deadly after a long exposition without medic assistance, he had enought time to survive.
-akerman are actually strong, but also very human and psicologically weak (like how levi got recketd in chapter 114-115 by zeke suicidal explosion)

What's wrong with shock value?

are you fucking retard? he is talking about after zeke was rescued by cart and ordered the others titans to attack levi

>opening comment
Holy go the fuck back batman

Levi has consistently raped every titan in his path since his first appearance. Why are you fags so surprised he raped Zeke's titans too?

>levi has consistently raped every titan in his path
Isn't levi in a fucking coma in the manga atm!?

>Isn't levi in a fucking coma in the manga atm!?

From his first appearance until his last appearance before marley arc*

There, FIFY

Attached: y2uNb2I.jpg (645x729, 77K)

He got that way after raping zeke once again, because he thought the coward wouldn't blow himself up.

It seen taken from Cold Steel field dialogue.

do you really think that its possible to kill 10+ titans at the same time alone?

For a normal person? No. For Levi, after everything we've seen him do? Yes.

To the retards replying to this obvious desperate bait
>picrelated

Attached: stop that.jpg (720x1280, 145K)

What are you trying to say? He is from a bloodline where people get extraordinary powers once they are subservient to someone. Even when the bond between the two breaks because the master (Erwin) dies, the man with Ackerman blood keeps his powers for life.

Thanks user, specificity is important.

Attached: 6117784.jpg (402x402, 37K)

People keep saying this, but when you look at Levi doesn't it become sorta obvious that Eren was lying to Mikasa? I mean, we never see Levi act towards Erwin the way we see Mikasa act towards Eren.

Well, Mikasa's bond wasn't just through her Ackerman instincts, but also her genuine love for him.
Everyone has their own way of dealing with this kind of bond. Eren and Marley's titan research facilities may not know the entire truth, but this is as accurate as things could be explained.

Well now you're being inconsistent.

levi was raised by a serial killer in the shitty underground, why would he act the same way as a girl who lived a relatively nice life even after her parents got wrecked?

Just like HxHfags, SNKautist can dish it but can't take it. How embarrassing, you try criticizing this dumb shonen wannabe seinen for the most obvious flaws and these underage crossboarding faggots are fueled with rage. You fucking kids are cancer here and so is your manga.

I just finished chapter 118, do you guys think it will end by 2020?

They both had shitty origins and then ended up with supportive people who were good to them. The degree of any of those things might be different for both of them but it's disingenuous to say that Levi's life didn't get better after Erwin took in him and Hange.

Shitrenfags(edgelords)

>Levi's life didn't get better after Erwin took in him and Hange.
he was already 30+ stop comparing to a 9yo kid

retarded faggotpilled opinion, how do the characters not have depth to? the shock value ends after the first two arcs.

kek I always forget because he's a manlet. Fair point.

lmao what? you literally are saying whats wrong with the audience which isnt even a criticism of the series and you just said it was bad and no one should watch it. all you did was waste everyones time with your nonsensical rant

There are still
>Zeke's No Way Out
>Eren PoV flashback
>something Ymir (god, not dead dyke)
>something Historia
>something Armin and Mikasa
>result of Eren's plan, possibly a final battle
>epilogue with the characters
Probably late 2020s

>>something Ymir (god, not dead dyke)
Ymirs story is over

are you retarded or do you genuinely think that the little girl showing up in paths is the conclusion of Ymir's story and will never get any more explanation?

No need to insult One piece wich is a really good manga while not actually better than SnK. Bet OP is a hxhfaggot with cheap taste

>That's it I'm getting me mallet

Attached: D3E83DF3-4B50-489D-81DF-6BF305C244DA.jpg (710x1539, 645K)

Cute and leakon

Attached: 62305348_582548545485625_4832570658837757952_o.jpg (1080x632, 60K)

what in the hell is this

One Piece isn't nonsensical, user. There's no need to hate on good series like OP or SnK just because you're upset.

Attached: 1389945565879.png (725x684, 354K)

>at least a dozen anti SNK bait threads per day
ironically this means SNK is actually good and popular

It means the series is so good its threatening someone. But who could be threatened by it? Manga & anime fans would naturally rejoice at having a good series to enjoy.

I wouldn't doubt it's actual idiots reading it and constantly starting threads with their worthless opinions.

it’s both, they really do hate it but they feel threatened because they realize it’s generally accepted as good. therefore they assume there must be something wrong with themselves or everyone else and it’s not surprising which one they prefer to tell themselves. these threads are a cope

But why would someone
A) Dislike something good
and
B) Not be able to handle the fact that other people don't share their opinions?

>Zeke spends his life trying to get people to stop having sex
>gets raped by a manlet
It's like pottery.

>Beast and Cart titan can't anticipate a flank attack, basic military tactics 101
Beast was busy wigging out at the frontal charge. He was literally screaming at the soldiers in a blind rage and couldn't think because of his emotional problems, and Pieck was off hauling rocks.

>like 12
He was trained 4-5 years in Marley (Zeke tried out when he was 7) and already fought in a war prior to going to Paradis, then trained another 5 years there.

Your point is shitty

What's with that expression anyway? Is there a single page of AoT where characters don't have that edgy face?

>edgy face
>edgy
What the fuck

Attached: 136801940690.jpg (825x543, 239K)

EHCHADS!

Attached: canonship.jpg (1691x1024, 816K)