What an absolute dogshit episode. Not even a Gouketsu fight???

What an absolute dogshit episode. Not even a Gouketsu fight???

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 37K)

Thats the joke.

Has there ever been as big a fall from grace as OPM Season 1 to 2? I checked out of this season a few episodes ago but everything up to that point was depressingly bad.

>creates shitty episode
>it's a joke desu
no it's just a shit episode

It's more that S1 was a miracle and S2 is what is normally expected from an adaption these days. Can't be helped.

Season 2 has some decent episodes.

>this faggot dosen't even realize that the fight was also not shown in the manga either because THAT'S THE FUCKING JOKE

He punches him. Fight over.

>creates shitty episode
>it's a joke desu
no it's just a shit episode

First people complain that OPM turned to shounen, then they complain bc battle was skipped.

>Season 2 has some decent episodes.
It had some decent 5second clips.

What would be the point of showing Saitama vs Gouketsu, anyway?

Attached: 01.jpg (800x1150, 278K)

Watching Saitama obliterate people is fun obviously.

Attached: 02.jpg (800x1150, 291K)

We know faggot...

>fight
It was just ONE PUNCH... wouldn't call it a fight.

Attached: 03.jpg (800x1150, 276K)

No he dosen't

Attached: 04.jpg (800x1150, 323K)

Attached: 05.jpg (1600x1150, 646K)

Attached: 06.jpg (800x1150, 320K)

is the adaptation really to blame? s1 was better because it mostly followed saitama with his one punch hijinks. this season has too much side character focus and taking itself seriously to the point where it's basically some shitty battle shounen like bnha. seems more like the source material became garbage on top of the animation downgrade.

>user makes retarded post
>that's the joke
>"I-I-I was just pretending to be retarded. It's a joke guys."

Calling something a joke doesn't change what it is.

Attached: 07.jpg (800x1150, 195K)

Everyone hated the manga too.

It's probably why the previous animators bowed out. Don't want to taint themselves with shit.

Attached: 08.jpg (1600x1150, 400K)

>is the adaptation really to blame?
Yes. Everything that you say its true too, but things are getting even worse because the adaptation.
With a proper adaptation we would have something that even not being as good as the first part for the reasons you mentioned would be still someway enjoyable. But with a rushed terrible adaptadion is just dogshit

>Everyone hated the manga too.
No. Fightfags hated the tournamet addition since that meant the MA vs HA was gonna be delayed to unknown realms.

Attached: 09.jpg (800x1150, 245K)

This dumb nigger is posting all of this as if the anime couldn't have more material in it than the manga.

It's the same pacing, you jackass.

No amount of good animators will ever make this part of the story good. You're just too retarded to realize it.

Basically this, fuck these anons not understanding the point.
Back then in the manga threads we theorized that maybe the next anime season should expand on the Gouketsu vs Saitama fight to give us some sakuga and act as a season finale, since there's not really a solid ending point for the season. Putting an end with the tournament and monster invasion in the city by showing Saitama taking out the "boss" of these monsters and experiencing martial arts would have been nice original material to act as a final fight.
Then you have Saitama walking home reflecting on his life and talking to King in the 2nd half of the final episode and it's done.

This was discussed and no one saw problems with an original anime fight back then for the sake of ending the season on a good note.

He looked more fucked up in the anime with his arm disabled

No, that’s a shit idea. Gouketsu is never gonna give him a satisfying fight either way.

> and no one saw problems with an original anim

Speak for yourself, faggot.

I mean it's not like it matters anymore since everything by JC Staff is shit. But the ending will be a rushed mess.

>Focusing on the sidecharacters too much
That's the logical step towards this arc of story. First season was all about Saitama and Genos, with HA in the background (something everybody had a problem with, because "we didn't see other heroes" and no character aside Saitana and Genos got development), the series wasn't gonna be able to one punch everything without becoming stall, so the prophecy was added.
After Boros Arc, wich was only about Saitama and his struggle, as well as 2 characters becoming aware of the powerscale, were was the story gonna go? Introducing Garou Arc, wich gives every hero a spotlight while laying the ground for Hero vs Hero that seems to be what the new webcomic arc seems to be about was what this series needed. Saitama enters the field at the end and solves everything while still maintaining the notion that he is not that capable in eyes of the proud.
I feel like you're suffering from the "I'm not seeing what I wanna see therefore is bad" syndrome. You are now expecting epic fights and single character moments of reflection. Wich is ok, for an introductory arc, but for a story to really last, we also need to expand the world.
>Rushed
I don't see it. Ghosting makes some scenes look bad sure, but pokemon is to blame there, the style of the metal is not everyones cup of tea (I love it as it looks like 80's futuristic airbrush but that's personal opinion), and we have more "quality" stills every now and then, but that's understandable, all the characters except from Saitama are stylized as fuck, so line milage is insane, specially when you need to make movement frames. And honestly, if you are interested in OPM for what it is, the bad quality of drawing should not be an issue because One.

>And act as a season finale
Lmao fuck off retard

fuck you for thinking we give a shit about your garbage opinion. Go watch something else, faggot

That's retarded. It would feel like a shitty attempt to copy the final episode of season 1 but without being baited into believing that the villain might actually prove somewhat of a challenge, then realising that Saitama was holding back so Boros could get worked up and fight with all he has because he deeply sympathized with the guy.

>Back then in the manga threads we theorized that maybe the next anime season should expand on the Gouketsu vs Saitama fight to give us some sakuga and act as a season finale
Literally said nobody ever. Back at the manga threads, everybody wanted this sidestory to fuck off and everybody was glad when Gouketsu was dispatched out of frame.
Everybody knew the seson finale was gonna be Garou vs Heroes as the arc is all about Garou.
No retard was ever theorized about sakuga Saitama vs Gouketsu because it was obvious Saitama just standed there for a few punches while Gouketsu monologued, then he just one punched his head off. Nobody with 2 braincells ever expected shit of this fight.

not the same people. the people that enjoy the anime like it because it's shonen.
the ones you're talking about read one's scribblings

It's funny that storyfags are trying to defend it when the majority of the fanbase are fightfags and are just here because there's no dragonball atm.

Well they would have to create a meaningful interaction and dialogues for 10 minutes between them. Maybe Gouketsu banters about being the best martial artist and previous champion and Saitama decides to let him go all out just to say he's not all that different from Suiryu. Or Gouketsu talks about how much freedom he has now that he's a monster and Saitama lets him talk shit just to show his freedom doesn't mean anything.

But that can be easily fucked up since we're getting into original writing territory.

>the majority of the fanbase are fightfags
I know, but that's the problem when a story goes mainstream. Too many brainlets enters the fray.

> everybody wanted this sidestory to fuck off and everybody was glad when Gouketsu was dispatched out of frame.

That’s only you, garoufag. Gouketsu’s end was just perfectly made through not showing it, that’s why it shouldn’t be shown in the anime.

Look at this retard, watching "One Punch" man for the story. The anime that's about a guy who kills everything with a single punch.

I'm not a Garoufag, me personally, I loved the tournamet and all the new stuff with Orochi, but you can't deny that the manga threads during this point were all "fuck this tournamet, give me MA raid now!". Also making Garou vs Heroes the season finale was the logical point.
I don't disagree with the rest of your statment tho.

This ignores the general issue of the arc just not being a very suitable one for adaption. The tournament arc served for mainly three things: a thematic anchor for Garou while slowly developing him parallel to the tournament, to show us that there are people who absolutely shit on class A heroes while still being below absolute monsters like Gouketsu, Tatsumaki and Saitama, and to introduce the monster association. It's a long build-up arc through and through and its conclusion isn't satisfying or cathartic because its purpose was to prepare the setting for the MA arc.

Yeah, and it works. So there's obviously something about the story that's engaging.

OPM is one of the best shonen if you ignore Saitama most of the time, honestly. The Garou segments are what made me a true OPM fan, and he had as much screentime as Saitama so I think it's valid to see him as a protagonist and prefer him.

I don't get why everyone is so surprised. The OPM webcomic was just ONE's hobby. It was a fun little thing, but he never put much thought into it. Now that it's adapted to an anime they have added even more tired old tropes that the comic was supposed to be making fun of. *cough*Mob Psycho 100 is better in every way*cough*

Attached: kamenghostface.jpg (463x479, 41K)

>It's the same pacing.
No it's not, manga is much, much slower, even though it's hard to compare the pace between two diffrent mediums. Look at the first scenes of the episode compare the transition and answer me this. Where were those panels?

That's the joke. Fight not in the manga either. Moron.

So you wanted someone to adapt your fan fiction?

Any fanfiction about what happened between Gouketsu and Saitama to fill 10 minutes would work. But other user already pointed out that it still wouldn't save the season and I agree.

No it wouldn't. 10 minutes for a threat below Boros is waaay to much. 1 minute is as long as it could be credible and that's streching the monologue part.

I can't believe you people miss the point by such a fucking long distance. OPM isn't about fights, it's literally Don Quixote: the manga/anime. Every trope or theme is inverted, put on its head. That's literally the joke. This shit isnt dragon ball, you fucking retards.
This season was ass regardless, but this episode was the best since the second or third one, fuck that tournament shit.

>It's the same pacing
>t. speedreader

It sure feels like one

That type of joke only works with the good animation or Murata's art

>What an absolute dogshit episode

It was the best episode we'll get out of S2 because it was all comedy, with no failed attempts at animating fight scenes.

I'd agree, but they still fucked up the comedy with the timing of jokes. The music. Shortening King and Saitama's conversation and overall directing in general.

no only failed attempts at comedy

The entire point of Goketsu dying is to surprise Suiryu. If there was some random ass sakuga in the middle for no reason, it would take away from the timing of Suiryu's emotions.

actually its just you never being happy about anything

Honestly how the anime paced it it works better there, adding music and such also helps so you don't need the sound cue narration.

ONE JOKE MAN

Sonic not having the inner monologue about how that monster got behind him so quick irked me.

at least mob wasn't a slideshow if that's any consolation

OPM s2 should have had the webcomic's artstyle

True dat. Every amazing joke seems wasted on this animation. Simple improvements would make the episode way better.

>the webcomic's artstyle
It has

Attached: QUALITY.png (603x548, 653K)

that just makes that scene funier to me

>show is called One Punch Man
>show's gimmick is that MC kills everything with one punch

>hUrR wHy DiD tHeY sKiP tHe FiGhT?

Anyone else enjoy the King conversation? They both feel so genuine when they talk. I don't remember the last time i enjoyed hearing two characters just talk in a battle action manga. They pull it off well.

Attached: tumblr_inline_nxl3emLosP1r48snj_500.png (500x288, 98K)

You shouldn't even entertain this retard. It's so hard for me to believe that they legitimately think that their lunatic fanfic idea deserves to be in the show.

King is the only bro Saitama has. Saitama might be a sociopath but I feel like he's only truly comfortable around King.

Nah, Saitama's not a sociopath. He's just a dude that's gradually losing touch with his emotions because everything is boring to him.

Funny thing is, even though it seems like he doesn't care, he truly goes out of his way to be a total bro and good dude. He kills Deep Sea King and lets the other heroes save face, and he was the only guy there that wanted to let Garou live even after his defeat.

Another thing about that last part, I'm sad that we won't get to that part for a long time. There's definitely gonna be some additional stuff in there considering the fact that it's 100% confirmed that Sweet Mask is the most ruthless hero. In the manga version he will probably go so far as to threaten Tareo's life either indirectly or directly.

read the manga, you fuckin' idiots

can't believe people on Yea Forums exclusively watch and don't bother to read the source material

Season 2 is going to end with Elder Centipede's death isn't it?

>show is called One Punch Man
>a punch isn't even landed

>shit anime has shit episode

wow

He's depressed

Coming to realize that Yea Forums is just a bunch of niggers.

The pacing really is absolutely absurd. They've covered almost 8 volumes of content in 9 ep. Even a competent director wouldn't be able to make any of these scenes land when everything is running on fast forward.

Attached: HYfsazh.webm (638x360, 2.78M)

I think the episode was shit, but this is indeed an actual joke that was in the manga too. Suiyru is busy monologuing about becoming a hero and Saitama's selfless sacrifice only to be interrupted by Gouketsu's head landing next to him.