Sailor Moon

Is it a 'must watch" anime?

Attached: sailor-moon.jpg (970x545, 170K)

No

yes
Especially if you like Ikuni

Maybe

I started it a week ago. I can see how influential it is, and I guess that means you should at least take a look, but you have to be in a fairly lighthearted/brainless mood. I'm quite enjoying it (currently on E8; Mercury just showed up).

Yes, usagi best girl, mars a SHIT, Venus a SHIT

Yes but only in the 90s dub

Unironically this.

yeah.

it's pretty good.

Attached: Sailor_Moon_001[v3].DVD(H264.AAC)[KAA][1972A4E5].mkv_snapshot_18.15_[2017.12.24_22.15.35].jpg (704x480, 42K)

>yes
>no

The rabbis have spoken.

It's the best magical girl school romance comedy slice of life horror ecchi cute girls doing cute things show that exists. It's definitely mandatory.

based

Attached: Sailor_Moon_004[v2].DVD(H264.AAC)[KAA][F3236FA1].mkv_snapshot_08.42_[2017.12.25_01.29.41].jpg (704x480, 45K)

I would say watch urusei yatsura along with sailor moon. Sailor moon’s animated palette was definitely influenced from the urusei anime. All in all it’s a cute shoujo anime.

Attached: Sailor_Moon_008[v2].DVD(H264.AAC)[KAA][8509550F].mkv_snapshot_14.01_[2017.12.26_01.08.23].jpg (704x480, 55K)

This anime is for little girls. Are you one of them?

Attached: sm.jpg (349x500, 31K)

Sub is unironically better

It's pretty dated by todays standards.
Lots of filler episodes and what was once revolutionary has become cliche now.
It's worth watching if your curious about the magical girl anime that pretty much defined the genre as we know today.

i had zero issues with the filler until the later seasons.

Attached: Sailor_Moon_020.DVD(H264.AAC).[KAA][6B368500].mkv_snapshot_08.15_[2017.12.28_23.08.52].jpg (704x480, 61K)

>Sub is unironically better
No, it isn't.

>
>It's pretty dated by todays standards.
No, it isn't.

>filler
It is all about the "filler". You have to be very superficial not to get that.

>No, it isn't.
what if this is my first viewing of SM, and i have no nostalgia for the dub?

Its not a must watch but it is absolutely a better show then it gets credit for. I recently watched Cardcaptor, which is suppose to be some high tier show but I found insufferably boing, while Sailormoon was a consistently fun time, every time.

i think sailor moon has an advantage of being split up into 5 seasons. you can watch one of them and take a break without issues, whereas CCS is like 70 episodes straight.

doesn't help that the first half of CCS is collecting the cards, and the second is just converting them into the star cards.

Attached: Sailor_Moon_020.DVD(H264.AAC).[KAA][6B368500].mkv_snapshot_11.06_[2017.12.28_23.13.14].jpg (704x480, 46K)

The sub. You can’t even watch the old dub versions without tons of censorship and they never dubbed the later seasons. There isa newly recorded dub but it’s the worst of both worlds lacked the charm of the old dub and the energy of the original jp dub.

No. It is too long. Only go into it if you are really curious about it.

The fillers are pretty amusing and help to flesh out the characters.
But watching many in a row can be pretty tiresome.
The show was made to watch on weekly basis but I remember growing impatient after a while.
Anyway, filler has a purpose but nowadays you don't see such a long running shows anymore with lot's of filler episodes to pad things out.
Instead shows are released as one or two cour seasons with almost no filler or anime original content.
So if you're used to that, watching an old show like sailor moon might be pretty frustrating to watch were multiple episodes in a row follow the exact same formula with almost no progression to the main plot.

>what if this is my first viewing of SM, and i have no nostalgia for the dub?
Don't get me wrong: The dub is pure shit.
But the subtitles available are shit as well.
Yes, watch the original with subs. But the subs themselves are just as bad as the dubs.

>It is too long.
What's the problem with something being long?

Is it just me or does the animation suddenly get better at the and after the tennis episode?

if you break it down into the separate seasons, it drops to 35-45 eps per seasons. easily doable.

Attached: Sailor_Moon_036.DVD(H264.AAC)[KAA][B2958E12].mkv_snapshot_21.25_[2018.01.02_23.14.55].jpg (704x480, 65K)

Is KotenGars still the go to version of this? I mean the encodes look great but the font style is a pile of puke and I can override it.

Yea. Watch it or Mercury's gonna beat you up

Attached: mercury_stance.jpg (559x514, 61K)

Attached: mars_disgust.gif (288x375, 1.53M)

>Is KotenGars still the go to version of this?
Yes. Best video and best audio. The subtitles don't matter.

Who's your favorite sailor?

Attached: jupiter_3x3.jpg (3184x2600, 1.09M)

>favorite sailor?

Attached: ep141_cute_minako.webm (640x480, 262K)

Mercury is the smartest

Attached: mercury_embarassed4.gif (544x408, 2.96M)

you don't even have to do that, just set a simple watching schedule for yourself. I've always been bad about working through my backlog but when I finally tackled Sailor Moon last year I told myself I'd watch one episode after getting out of bed and one before getting back in and if you do that every day you can finish it in about three and a half months. It was a pretty good habit to build too since I've managed to stick to it since then and worked through a lot of stuff I know I'd never have even started at this point otherwise.

That's how I watched it the 90's, and that's how I like it now.

I wish

Daily reminder that mars is a mean bully

Attached: mercury_pinch.webm (512x384, 351K)

She deserved it.

Name 1 thing she ever did to deserve it?

Attached: mercury_turn.gif (500x300, 801K)

Existing

Attached: mars_mad6.gif (470x352, 2.59M)

Only seasons 1 and 3 are "must watch."

Attached: man of culture.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

It'd be stupid to omit season 2 inbetween. And once you're over the halfway point, you might as well watch the rest. All of it is definitely worth it.

Not really. Season 2 is skippable. Except for the R movie, which is essential.

Bullshit. R introduces the concept of future Crystal Tokyo and the character of Chibi-Usa that returns in S. For those two things alone it's not recommended to skip it.
The feature film, on the other hand, is not relevant in the context of the series and can easily be skipped and viewed later on on its own.

>he skips season 2

Attached: jupiterxmars_bubble.gif (500x358, 316K)