What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: kyoto-animation.jpg (900x900, 43K)

Nothing.

eye candy over substance

KyoAni-Age

Attached: 20190524_203119.png (894x378, 208K)

Break up with Kadokawa who at least had some quality control

seethe harder nigger
>Adults no longer outgrow anime. The industry prefers that they hang on to the adolescent illusion of carefree, escapist pleasure by pretending that the form’s juvenile cynicism is a sign of sophistication — replacing the traditional sources of imaginative thinking. The cultural monopoly represented by the Trigger Cinematic Universe in its latest release, Promare, depends on geeked-up viewers telling themselves that they are having a major cultural experience.
>The directors Hiroyuki Imaishi and Yoh Yoshinari do routine CGI action, but they don’t know how to supply meaning to any of the goings-on, and that’s the major difference between Trigger and the Kyoto Animation Universe, which advanced from Yamakan’s nihilism to Naoko Yamada’s visual richness and emotional depth. Takemoto's Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya was the first modern anime movie to deal with mature themes and play out a credible moral dilemma. Going deeper with Koe no Katachi and Liz and the Blue Bird, Yamada’s art angered the kiddies. Trigger fans don’t know what great filmmaking is. They defer to their post–Kill la Kill indoctrination. The Yoshinari brothers’ big battle isn’t a climactic summation, just a clash of CGI dots like the indecipherable, interminable Gurren Lagann skirmishes. And the sentimental, nostalgic farewell to two beloved animators is hokey. Yamada rescued anime movies from nihilism and juvenilia, making modern myths worthy of adult spirituality and politics. Promare takes place in a violent kindergarten.

Attached: miyazaki_smiling.jpg (620x349, 70K)

Guys, I've been a Kyoani supporter since they released the masterful Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Hyouka is one of my favorites of all time, I love K-On! more than anything, After Story is my favorite anime of all time. But this is just... too much. I can't anymore. Everything they're making nowadays is flopping so hard. Even moderate successes like Koe no Katachi have been completely lackluster. Maid Dragon, Violet, Liz and Tsurune have all been major disappointments. Now even Hibike is flopping. I think it's time to say goodbye.

Nothing. They grew up but the obsessive fans didn't.

Parting with Kadokawa, obviously

Havent made any notable series since Hyouka.

Yeah pls make isekai with Kyoani animation

They ruined themselves with their bunko

Fake quote but the content is mostly true nonetheless. Anime fans tend to be very fucking immature, just look at Yea Forums for fuck's sake.

Pretty sure Miyazaki would find KyoAni shows absolutely repulsive

this makes me lol everytime I read
the Trigger Cinematic Universe

Violet Evergarden

>Koe no Katachi have been completely lackluster. Maid Dragon, Violet, Liz and Tsurune have all been major disappointmen

retard

Nothing really.

Quality over quantity tends to mean long periods of waiting.

Attached: 1530624185643.gif (500x373, 1019K)

Why do you post this reply every fucking time I use the pasta?

Why do you post the pasta everytime?

The quality of direction and animation are always good but they just adapt so much shit I don't care about now. Hibike was the last thing that I thoroughly liked aside from the yuribait. My dream would be for them to do something like Haibane Renmei in insane quality.

Attached: 1451609181854.jpg (850x1278, 315K)

Because it’s true.
In fact, anyone with taste would be repulsed by KyoAni

They started trying to emulate something that yields no fruit: realism. Unless you're a god at it, like Okiura, Inoue or Takashi Nakamura, focusing on realism is a pointless exercise. KusoAnus will never reach their level, yet they continue to waste their time on a type of animation they will never master or contribute anything worthwhile to.

Their films are plagued with Yamada's boilerplate shots of feet, lower chins and inventory. You probably couldn't even make a cinegrid for Liz if you tried, that's how blandly and uninventively that movie was shot. Their directing is a joke, and their animation, while technically very good for television animation, never manages to actually reach the peaks of other studios. They are consistently above average, but never anything higher than that. Their movies are so mediocre it's almost pitiful, and their shows never reach the heights that studios like Bones reached with Star Driver and the likes. They are like Arsenal. Reach Top 4 every year, but never actually win a title. Consistently good, but also too far from greatness to be truly relevant. Difference between that KusoAnus isn't even good in any department bar animation.

Attached: 1531240251954.jpg (2532x2723, 2.03M)

VEG is pretty good.

>sameface across 10+ series
>moeshit
>forced animation
>the fanbase
>plagiarism

Attached: 543426323.png (789x710, 552K)

>forced animation
Please stop with this meme.

nice pasta bro

VEG was pretty good until the train episodes

/thread

Some tards need their wranglers (see also John K; who knows, maybe he would've kept his hands to himself if Bill Wray had kept a closer eye on him)

>that pic
Who else wants anime to look more like Golden Boy and less like a certain show about another Rei clone that shall remain nameless? Who decided we need our images drowned in lens flares and bloom effects today?

Then why would Miyazaki be repulsed?

>breaking up with a company that's losing money
>somehow bad
There's a reason why kadokawa is pumping out low quality shows to maximize profits.

What a shitty last few episodes to an otherwise decent show.

>please stop with this meme
please stop with THAT meme

They only started losing money because of...whatever happened over KF. And even that probably wasn't illegal; dickish maybe, but still not illegal.

wheres the quality though? their last 2 shows and 1 movie tanked terribly in sales

Bob Camp should've been John K's wrangler. Don Bluth is another too-good-for-this-sinful-earth "genius" who also needed a wrangler.

They've been losing money since 2015 though.

Wonder if some of kusoanus's longtimers also have a snooty holier-than-thou attitude like Bluth and his followers did before he left Disney.

internal bs doesnt equate to people not wanting to pay for stuff though

Kadokawa lost 835 million yen in 2015.

Attached: net loss.png (762x518, 73K)

チョコレト・コロネット

They should do a show that is actually "worth talking about", Maid Dragon or other shows they have been making for a while are only worth to talk for the memes, there is no content to talk about, in general you could watch a Kyoani show without subtitles and you won't miss anything important about the content, and that's a very bad thing.

Oh no, a company with $2bn in annual revenues lost $8m in 2015. It will declare bankrupcy soon, guys.

No, that's actually a very good thing. You see so many cases of light novel adaptations where you have to suffer through boring info/data dumps because the team doesn't know how to use visuals properly.

They've been losing money since their inception though.

Attached: kadokawa.jpg (1093x227, 46K)

>look, pretty thing
Whatever floats your boat.

So how are they still in business then? The Yakuza? Embezzlement?

Jewish banks still lend them money.

Too moe, too autism, too much homo and above all things give too much attention to the technical details and completely forget the narrative.

- Addiction to bloom/chromatic abberation effects like Hollywood and teens on Instagram
- Scam LN contest
- Bland, lifeless direction
Incorrigible fanbase

cringe melodrama

After all these years they still can't compete with based Trigger.

So much this

Based Shinkai-sama

dat bait

Attached: 051cc5c47e19c6eae05d59d4b2517c8a21abf400_00.jpg (225x350, 19K)

How do you even lose your train of thought that badly in a single sentence?

Cute feet.

Liz flopped, Hibike 2 flopped, and Gay Archers was their biggest dud since that scifi thing no one remembers (which is probably why they don't do scifi)

Most of KyoAni's recent anime is fucking boring drama shit. VEG and Hibike only have nice aesthetics but damn those were a pain to sit through. They'd be more successful if they just went back to making stuff like K-On.

That has nothing to do with quality. It's worrying that you didn't even realize what I was pointing out.

Evidently viewers didn't see much quality in those 3.

It's not about quality, it's about everything besides quality

It look good but it bad.

Attached: peste.jpg (232x356, 53K)

Ah yes, I love all the armchair financial advisors in this thread

>compete
they wish they were on the same playing field. they cant even get into the parking lot of the stadium

Seriously. Kadokawa is evidently still getting revenue from somewhere. I'm pretty sure if they were actually in financial trouble, we'd have heard about it here by now. Meanwhile KA has assumed all risk, and they just had a trifecta of duds.

>enter market in 2015
>get overvalued and pull a PR blunder a year later
>correction kicks in
>his sample size is a measly 3 years because the company's stock hasn't been traded for longer
Woah, what an unseen event. You don't know how stocks work, do you?

They forgot that fun things are fun

Catering to fujos, VEG was the last good show, Free S3 and the Archery show was abysmal by Kyoani standards.
This is coming from a big Kyoani fan.

Attached: 1533438704763.jpg (1366x768, 197K)

I don't even like anything they've done since Hibike, but there's no need to go full retard to criticize them. Sales don't mean shit in regards to quality; you can't just use that argument whenever it suits you simply because no one will be able to hold it against you the next time you shit on some best selling garbage or praise an obscure show.

KA just started selling their LNs in other book stores outside of their own.
At the end of the day you can shitpost till the cows come home on how they're failing financially, but the truth is they're doing well, and continuing to grow.

Remember Shaft? They had three bombs in a row (five if you count Kizu as three separate movies) and some keyboard accountants were saying they were doomed after some staffers left them.

Now keep in mind that unlike Shaft, KA assumes all risk... I'd like to see their latest balance sheet.

I was addressing this guy braying about how le eebul Kadokawa is going bankrupt because he says so.

>bearish trend since being traded
>hasn't changed since
Been making money off them since I shorted this shit company years ago

Ebin; can you buy Sony stock too so you can "short" Aniplex as well and shut down all of GODani's competitors?

>Franxx
>Gridman
>Promare
>everything shart's done since 2016
Aniplex is doing a good job of shutting down itself.

>Trigger
>the company that made only one good anime

Nothing. I only watch some of their stuff and it's consistently top tier.

Trigger is 90% garbage. LWA is the only thing I liked and it was only good (ovas) and decent (tv).

But a consortium of top gentlesirs and anime sommeliers on Yea Forums and elsewhere agree that Gridman and Promare are based.

The japanese audience have abandoned them, sales keep plummeting and the movies aren’t financially successful either. The upcoming VEG movie is going to be very important to know what’s going to be Kyoani’s place in the next decade, they are giving it all so let’s hope they can recover their home audience again.

If evertrash is what they want the future of anime to look like, then their anime division can crash and burn and they can switch to publishing hamster cage-liner LN's for all I care.

>buy to short

Sheesh, why are the self-important, arrogant, petty, vindictive shills of the anus cult so bitter and vindictive towards everyone else?