Fkmt thread

Could Kaiji ever defeat Akagi in a gamble?
I think he'd have to come up with something so outside of the box that even Akagi couldn't even entertain the possibility of happening (like when kaiji tilted the whole fucking building)
Also what would minefield mahjong be like if it was Akagi instead?

Attached: FotorCreated.jpg (1366x768, 427K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f8jjUNz4qjs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm still in the process of reading Akagi and I still can't quite figure out how his mindset works. I get that he's a genius without equal, so I'm willing to bet he'd probably beat Kaiji, or at least tie with him depending on the game or how crazy of a strategy Kaiji uses.

I think that if Akagi was the protagonist of the Espoir arc he would've won the RPS game, and likely minefield mahjong as well. I mean, come on, it's his specialty.

In terms of gambling genius, Akagi is probably S+ tier while Kaiji is B, or maybe A+ on a good day.

Attached: mfw mahjong.png (425x652, 397K)

Kaiji would beat Akagi sure, but then Akagi would say some badass shit and bait Kaiji to make another bet, at which point Kaiji would lose and be even further in debt than when he started.

Attached: 1560038451336.jpg (1500x1125, 737K)

Kaiji is more of a survivor than a gambler really, his moments of huge brain only come when he's in a really tight spot and still gets fucked over because of the situations he puts himself in

youtube.com/watch?v=f8jjUNz4qjs

This video's pretty entertaining if you can read moon.

FKMT reading guide

Kino
>Buraiden Gai
>LifE
>Confession
>Kaiji 6
>Kaiji 3
>Kaiji 1
>Zero 1

Great
>Akagi
>Kurosawa 1
>Kurosawa 2
>Tenma
>Kaiji 4
>Gin to Kin
>Hero
>Kaiji 5
>Kaiji 2

Good
>Rude 39
>Ikenai Kacchan Love Story
>Atsui ze Pen-chan

>Ten*
wtf

What kept you from putting Akagi and Kaiji 2 in the Kino tier?
Gai is really not that great, though...

I really disliked the Washizu from Hell arc, and Kaiji 2 is overrated. I liked the Chinchirorin arc though.

Not the same guy but Kaiji part 2 worked better in anime form, it was so much more intense than the manga.

>kurosawa 1 not kino
>kaiji 5 worse than kaiji 1
shit list

Old man Akagi he could probably beat, but not young Akagi

>Kurosawa 1 and 2 in the same tier
Did the sequel suddenly get a lot better? I gave up after the first handful of chapters.

Attached: kurosawa29.jpg (665x638, 251K)

No Kaiji isn't good at gambling, he's just the ultimate survivor.

Kaiji is a genius when he's absolutely at the end of his rope.

Akagi pretty much defaults to Kaiji's best

The thing with Akagi is that everything is premeditated, he can see all possibilities and plan way ahead. Even when Yasuoka didn't want to take that (san?)baiman from him to stop Washizu from scoring that haitei tsumo he still had a safeguard in place (extra blood in case shit went wrong)
Kaiji has some strokes of genius when he's absolutely fucked and that's about it.

It's not kuro 1, that's for sure, but it's still good.
I'm certainly enjoying it, if you liked the homeless part on the 1's ending, you'll probably like how 2 ends up becoming homeless slice of life

Maybe a better question would be how well will Kaiji fare in his eventual rematch against the Prez

Attached: 1556730426702.gif (500x494, 409K)

I really miss Hyoudou man. His first encounter with Kaiji was god-like. While Washizu and Akagi felt like two fated heretics finally getting what they truly desired all along regardless of age, Hyoudou and Kaiji felt like a vision into the future. A what if, what if I could turn out like the man before me. I really believe that depending on circumstances Kaiji could turn out like Hyoudou.

I missed him too until I watched the Tonegawa anime
I know it's not canon but fuck Hyoudou and fuck Teiai

Basically this is Akagi

Attached: 1531760213019.png (631x293, 153K)

>Could Kaiji ever defeat Akagi in a gamble?
No.
Kaiji might be the ultimate survivor, but Akagi plays to die in a completely meaningless way. Akagi wants to lose everything, Kaiji is desperately holding onto his all.

> I really believe that depending on circumstances Kaiji could turn out like Hyoudou.

I never thought about this but I think I agree.
I'm on part 4, so I don't know how he is nowadays, but him having accepted another gamble after the minefield mahjong really exposed how hard he has fallen for gambling, needing more and more excitement for itself, not necessarily for its gains.

Kaiji is a greedy cunt. After E-card, when he creates his huge plan to bring Hyoudou down, you can tell he doesn't care about good or evil, he's only caring about the huge money he can cash in at that point. He's as bad as Hyoudou, just on the other end of the scale.

He wanted revenge for his comrades though

That was just his cope, to be honest. He used his "friends" as the justification for challenging Hyoudou, but he really just wanted to bring the geezer down and gain a lot of money. In the end he didn't give a fuck about his dead bros

after part 5 of kaiji i'm positive he is mentally insane. No man would do the fucking 3 vs 2 all in bet, no fucking way anyone would ever do that

You're fundamentally misunderstanding Kaiji's character. While he is a gambling junkie, he is also a genuinely good person who believes in the good of humanity. That's what fucks him over usually.

Kaiji unironically shits on Akagi, 9 times out of 10.

Based list desu, but switch Kaiji 3 with 2, then drop Kazuya-hej to 'good'

It was definitely a combination of the two.

I miss Chang and Mario, I wonder what they've been up to while Kaiji's been faffing around

Sleeping? Kaiji was only gone for a night.

Is it accurate to say that Kurosawa is closer to the average Yea Forumsnon than say, Tomoko or Tatsuhiro?

as in out of touch with reality and completely delusional about his own life? probably

True

Haha no.

Kaiji's gambling prowess is directly reliant on how hard his opponent is cheating.

That, and I could imagine an user throwing his shit at a bunch of teenagers

Kuro 1 deserves to be in kino tier and kuro 2 is an abomination not fit to share the same name. It completely shits over the character development and themes of the first; it's shallow garbage in comparison. It's so bad it nearly retroactively damaged my positive opinion of the original - I had to drop it and headcanon it out of existence to preserve what I got from the good ending. I can handle dips in quality between different parts of a franchise or story, but it's rare when the later stuff actively undoes what made the original great.

Attached: 1556987246238.jpg (1202x900, 125K)

who the hell reads anything outside of his main works? if you read beyond zero, akagi, kaiji and kuro your a fuckin nerd.

>leaving out Ten

Attached: 1555070245420.jpg (500x238, 39K)

my favorite character

Attached: 69215582-7146-4BF0-B3BC-8601BDCC2724.jpg (200x200, 42K)

What's the Kaiji manga up to these days? last I remember Kaiji's mom tricked the yakuza, also where the fuck is the next Zero part

Attached: 1558362196640.png (463x489, 273K)

Kaiji will win because Akagi can't handle loser.

What was the context of this, again?