Whats the point of him in the story?

whats the point of him in the story?

Attached: Screenshot_461.png (967x958, 1.09M)

He should have been the one to heal Gon instead of O MY WISH SISTER

Leorio is the main reason Kurapika even had the opportunity to work against Tse so early. He helped Mizaiston and Cheadle regarding Beyond's plan by indicating Kurapika to the Zodiacs. He was also a great device to show Gon's innocence in the Hunter Exam, maybe better than Killua at that. He was also helpful in Yorkshin so Gon and Killua could pursue Greed Island. He also had great participation in the Chairman Elections and made Gon well known with all Hunters present there.
I love Leorio. He just is the kind of character that will stop being so damn charmful if the author uses him too much.

being the only likable MC

This. Leorio's turn from stand-offish oaf to one of the core emotional pillars of the series (particularly Kurapika's arcs) was really phenomenal, and one that happens so naturally you almost don't even notice.

Attached: Look after him.png (832x692, 377K)

This

OP is a faggot

the only well adjusted human being with no tragic/fucked up backstory so far, leading him to be a very central character at helping the others around him regain their humanity

>his childhood friend dying of a preventable illness isn't a tragic backstory

>unironicaly believing its tragic
>thinking everyone above 50 years has a tragic backstory

that is not nearly as bad as the levels the show brings about though

I LOVE MELODY. I WANT TO GO ON A JOURNEY AND TRY AND FIX HER.

this but with kurapika and my penis

He's a nice guy see

Filler

For once, a good hxh thread

He's the strongest character in hxh. He literally punched ging on the face

Leorio has been fucking Cheadle raw the entire boat trip

Attached: 1496447230005.jpg (1280x915, 73K)

>charmful
Idiot.

Gon/Kurapika/Leorio trio > Gon/Killua duo

That’s simple way not fucking true.

Fucking this

Kurapika Kurta

Attached: 1CCD3B78-222B-4F19-91ED-D00E0878F282.jpg (835x749, 107K)

Pretty much this, Killua is too much angst and asspulls, and brings shotafags around.

Friend of Colors

Attached: D182B6D4-F24A-489B-A332-26089124D82C.jpg (3274x4465, 2.86M)

This fucking thread is already death?

Being the load/scrappy/butt-monkey/peon/comic relief/sidekick/helper/number 2

Sorry, it means something else in my language. But I guess you can pick up what I meant by context.
You don't get it.

Tell me something then.

Ask Yoshihiro Togashi

Hisoka will die of old age.

friendly reminder killua could have wished her back to normal

Attached: 230d7e3df45a0cd0c8ba7ae787f28b21.jpg (480x678, 36K)

god, this would've been so corny I physically cringe just imagining the level of naruto pirates academia this would've been
in no way leorio had the time and experience or talent to be able to cure that

the other hxh thread is still up (barely) and those keeping a tab open probably haven't bothered checking the Yea Forums catalog since the other thread's been up for 3 days

Attached: 1538695716932.png (270x309, 36K)

When election arc first started I imagined they'd locate and bring in like 5 or 6 nen exorcists to work on Gon at the same time. Instead Togashi introduced Dragon Balls into the series

Attached: cabf732a38298922152cac4b4626ea84.jpg (564x520, 50K)

Attached: CC7E97D4-271B-4DC8-A552-64E0DF23F0E8.jpg (627x941, 135K)

He's the only cool character in this shit manga

Attached: 260px-Stirner.jpg (260x276, 24K)

With all the shit Alluka gets, I still don't think there was a obviously better way around it, all the alternatives you hear are horrible like the Leorio one. Another is "just let Gon die"

honestly, it is what it is
you can say that gon's punishment, besides starting from 0, is not being a part of the current arc

What about finding a bunch of nen exorcists to work on Gon at the same time? It's like the 2 biggest asspulls in the entire series both came in the election arc, alluka and her wishing power and kite resurrecting. I would be totally fine with Kite being alive again if Togashi didn't use such a ballbusting way to heal Gon, but I feel like Togashi rushed out an ending for Gon's arc just to close out 2011. Still think he could have found a more legitimate way to heal Gon if he spent more time on the election arc. Another thing I never really see talked about is how the healing took place right before the final poll of the election, the timing of that whole thing was kind of silly too. It is what it is though and the current arc since chapter 340 has been much better than the election arc

Attached: 1536247092454.jpg (700x800, 422K)

Kurapika Paladinknight

>Paladinknight

Togashi was a bit too over the top with the english names. I bet most names probably sounded cool to Japanese only speakers but sound silly / too on the nose for english audiences

Attached: C3i2XPxUoAAF5Lr.jpg (490x1492, 229K)

This is a very low IQ post, let me explain to you why. This user cannot even comprehend the thought process that goes in writing because he never paid attention in lit class.

Nanika isn't an asspull by definition. Gon's state after his pledge had no precedent in the series, we, as readers, had no way to scale just how fucked he was. It is Togashi who did give us a way to assess it, when he wrote that scene with the exorcist saying there's nothing she can do.

This scene is important, because as far as we knew, that exorcist could just as well have been able to save Gon. Togashi could easily have written it that way or take any direction he wanted to. It could have been an arc about Killua going on some faggy quest on a goofy elf island to find the greatest nen exorcist, but instead Togashi introduced a character that not only gave us a glimpse of how Lovecraftian the DC was going to be, but also set in motion a lot of events within Killua's family and possibilities for future plotlines: Killua finally found a goal, Illumi now has even more reasons to try and control him, Gon lost his nen and retired as an MC, and Killua parted ways for the first time since like chapter 5, and all of this is obviously going to tie in with the DC and calamities.

Attached: chrollochad.png (168x164, 28K)

>Thinking Alluka is ingenious

Togashi wrote himself into a corner by trying to subvert all expectations that he had to go out with the 'miracle cure' bullshit. He's far, far worse than any 'generic shonen'. he's degenerative in storytelling.

Based

Paladin would be just fine. Barbossa might work as well.

Imagine reading JoJo as an italian, part 5 mostly

Dude, you're wrong. I was pissed at seeing him get off scot-free, he even got to meet his father and have a mini adventure climbing up the World Tree. It was overly saccharine and written as a stereotypical finale to a shonen show. But that was just another setup for the subversion that Togashi loves. The DC arc kicks in and you have two pages of Gon going
>"Ups, I guess that I don't have Nen now"
>"Gon you fucker that makes absolute sense, didn't you read fucking Chimera Ants arc?"
>"Yeah, I guess you're right, Ging. Welp, I'm off to Whale Island to go back to school."

We even had massive discussions at the time where people unironically argued that Gon was never the protagonist of Hunter x Hunter. Election arc in a vacuum is an aggravating read but in the context of the story it makes every bit of sense and doesn't invalidate the sacrifices made previously.

Attached: 1489784040775.png (756x527, 190K)

A comfy life for Gon at whale island, living there in peace and harmony.

I first accessed HxH through 2011 and it was just disappointing to see the anime wrap up the way it did, maybe it was the way Madhouse did it but it went from like a 9.5/10 with the Chimera Arc for 60 episodes down to like a 5/10 10-11 episode arc. As an anime only viewer at that point I just really didn't like the way the anime ended. I've read the manga all the way through at this point and the election arc didn't feel near as shitty reading it instead of watching it, partly because it actually continues. IDK, I don't mind Alluka being there at this point but when viewing 2011 for the first time it all just felt way too convenient and not nearly as good or exciting as previous arcs. At least the last episode of 2011 was still good though and the succession war arc is just as good and fresh if not better than Yorknew/Chimera. It's just too bad about Togashi's release schedule, it's really hard to get invested in the current arc when it only comes back for 10 chapters every now and then

Attached: 0002-024.jpg (1066x1600, 89K)

Attached: sriws5z486r21.jpg (542x767, 36K)

yeah you're right, but like I said in my next post, election arc was just an underwhelming ending for the anime, but it works fine if you're reading the manga. Still, we need more damn chapters

Attached: f080yajm6saz.jpg (540x773, 57K)

Nen exorcists are very rare, you can hardly find one if you need it, forget about a bunch. The one who tried was the only official one in the hunter association. Plus even if you find a bunch, they can't just pile up their power like that, that's not how nen works, unless the ability was specifically designed that way, like with the Bombers, Tsubone or Halkenburg for example. Yeah with more time he could have figured out something else, but we had already more than enough drama around Gon's situation during the CA arc, closing it quickly and moving forward was the best choice in my opinion

Pitou is the best girl and is my wife

Attached: 40811023_p0.jpg (800x600, 343K)

Chrollo cheated because he knew he would've lost in a real 1 on 1 fight against Hisoka.

And? that's the whole point

It is known.

More that he could lose than that he WOULD lose.

>Chrollo cheated
Explain without resorting to headcanon.

Hisoka may have actually won or would have definitely performed better if the fight was in a remote location with no people instead of battle tower. It was as if Chrollo had the homefield advantage x50 now that we know of his skillset. Also Chrollo fought a pretty cowardly fight, he needed to murder hundreds of people just to take out 1 guy

Attached: 36196151_p0.jpg (1500x2300, 1.97M)

Chrollo has more abilities than the ones revealed so far.

I want some of Pitou's blueberry jam

Why did Vash dye his hair?

yeah, Togashi can reveal whatever new ability for chrollo whenever he wants. All I was saying is Hisoka's ability couldn't keep up with hundreds of explosive humans while Chrollo just snuck around and hid amongst the crowd

gfy fag

The true main protagonist romantic interest, what else?!

Attached: tumblr_orvha2c6Et1v1l7nfo1_r1_500.jpg (500x353, 60K)

Leorio is made for cheadle

Attached: feb4f6e5bc3f2f148bddfcecd371cc4a--hunters-x.jpg (570x800, 60K)

>guy with ice powers is named ice
>guy with fish powers is named fish
>split personality is named double
what the fuck was Araki thinking

how is this cheating if there werent any rules? and what do you mean with 1 on 1 fighting? was castro cheating too?

Attached: 50117229_337745680151112_3036293603392487424_n.png (369x651, 224K)

Fucking Kurapika.

Attached: 36441931_p0.jpg (650x1011, 385K)

>judas wasn't a traitor
>humans are so interesting
What is Chrollo's endgame?

>pitou
>no dick

This ain't the place for you newcomer

Attached: RfTInze.png (704x528, 414K)

Shut the fuck up faggot

The origin and motive of the spiders is yet to be revealed, but I take that is something anti-order/revenge on the world thing

we also know that they help the comet city a lot, but the members also have their selfish goals like Kuroro,Kalluto,Hisoka,Ubo and Illummi

Attached: 0352-014.png (898x1300, 193K)

realizing all the pain and suffering and death that him and his gang have inflicted on people and being stuck in a constant state of regret and guilt. He'll even become haunted and have hallucinations of faces of the people he's killed and one day when he's lost in thought and regret Hisoka will nail him in the back of the head with a 4 of hearts

2011 fags still refusing to accept that pitou sex is

Attached: B7tFY2A23zg7jwNANt6Hng6t8w5onpOcs8zIVOPR4WQ.jpg (551x600, 90K)

Telling Ging he's a shit.

@189281715
Don't you have a discord to be roleplaying in? Kill yourself subhuman faggot.
Don't even bother replying

Pitou is a good girl

Attached: 49132256_p0.jpg (596x348, 55K)

Here

Way better

Attached: 1466739927219.jpg (800x1138, 155K)

Is Leorio Brazilian?

No, Goreinu is.

to punch gons dad

Pitou is female

Attached: lewdpitou.jpg (524x750, 65K)